Shadow Creatures and Demons in a boarding school (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

Nicolas huffed out, before moving to slowly get up from the table but watched how Elizabeth had a good spot for her and Elizabeth to eat together and have breakfast. Why was he was thinking that? He wouldn't get influenced like that! Shaking it off, but had stayed around since some other students wanted to join him and chat. He had started to make some friends, not knowing if they were all real or just fake because of what he could do.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth just shrugged her own shoulders in a lazy manner. "I have no idea, Ezra. I rather just laze around..." Elizabeth muttered before hearing the question. "We could do that. It wouldn't be sneaking out, because of what of my dad does. but nevermind that. I know you have, and I guess I still need to take you dragon flying one of these days.."

"To be up in the air is pretty great but we need to go somewhere where no one seems to me. I rather not cause mass panic and having issues with the law. We have to follow that you know...even some maybe stupid.." Elizabeth said with a sigh. "we can try to plan that..but earlier when I saw you looking at Nicolas. Did something come up?"

"Oh, no, it's nothing you need to concern yourself with, Elizabeth. The poor boy finds me attractive -as anyone would- and he's battling within himself, his heart against his head, and whatnot. I find it utterly adorable, of course. I imagine he's not the passionate kind who throws caution to the wind and who's going to storm over here and pull me into his arms, but I like the fact he's fighting himself and his attraction to me. It'll make it even more enjoyable for me when he loses that fight - god, can you imagine having sex with him? He's so... powerful, I imagine it'll be like having a gourmet meal," the demon gushed as he sipped at his morning cappuccino with a contented hum to himself, stealing another glance or two of Nicolas. Now he was sure that there were feelings of attraction there, he had no reason to be irritated or irked with the boy.

If anything, he was going to be charming in the effort to get what he wanted from Nicolas. He wanted to be near him for his power, that was obvious, but the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to be intimate with him. His drive for sex was naturally the one thing that had changed in the few hours, because he needed it to be strong and to survive - and Nicolas was someone that would certainly help that.

And it was always nice that he was handsome, too. It was a neat little bonus for the demon.

"Enough about me and my complicated relationship with my future lover boy over there," he smirked, nibbling at the edge of the iced croissant. "Let's talk about your love life, darling. Any cute dragons on the scene you want to, you know... make love with~?"

Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders, noticing how Ezra was now gushing over how he was acting over Nicolas. It was a little funny, that at first that he didn't like him but now he was like this now. "Powerful meal? I bet he just would be that, I bet he could do it well," Elizabeth said to him. Shaking it off, as she looked over toward where Nicolas was who hadn't moved yet.

Nicolas had moved to get up, moving to drop off the tray before getting ready to leave the cafeteria as some were wanting to go out and hang with him after. Once outside, he said goodbye to his friends before he sighed. He was still fighting against it but he thought the best place would be going to where the library was.

Elizabeth had seen him leave, and her attention was back toward Ezra. Hearing the question, she shook her own head, ready to answer. "Not exactly. I have seen some, but they aren't that good. I do have my eyes on someone, and its..not even male deary. Its cute female, one of those shy ones...."Elizabeth answered, and admitted. Pointing toward the female, where she was sitting with others but she wasn't that good.

A normie in social standing.

"Isn't she cute?" Elizabeth questioned, before trying to get out of those thoughts.

Nicolas followed his friend's gaze curiously, his brow arched in evident surprise at his friend's choice in a potential girlfriend. There was nothing wrong with who she had pointed out, but it was fair to say that he had gravely misjudged what his best friend's choice was. He had anticipated her to pick someone who was feisty and perhaps more obvious in their beauty. The girl she had brought attention to was pretty, but in a more subtle way, and she was clearly on the shyer, quieter side.

The fact Nicolas didn't even know who she was was hardly a good sign, either. He liked to know everything about everyone at the school, to use dirt against them if he needed something from them, but he didn't even know the girl's name, which meant she kept out of things so well that she was all but invisible to Nicolas.

But if Elizabeth liked her, she suddenly became very important.

"...Talk to her," he suggested with a casual shrug, sipping at his orange juice. "She's cute, Lizzy. She'll suit you. She's shy; you're feisty. It's a good match; opposites attract and all that, babe."

"I was planning too, Ezra, like you should try with Nicolas. Follow your own advice," Elizabeth said to him. "Yeah she is, and never really brought trouble on her. I like someone, who can keep me in check you know..." Elizabeth said next before she waved over at the girl who only waved back at her. Slowly getting up from the table, "I think I am gonna ask her for her number. Never did, since I have seen her in classes of mine..." Elizabeth said walking over to the girl.

They interacted and even giggled too, as Elizabeth came with a grin right across her face. "Well I got that number, and I think wants to go out with me. As friends, but see if there is something there. So I may be doing that..." Elizabeth mentioned. "She is a halfling so that makes it's more interesting..." A beeper went off, as Elizabeth checked it out on her phone.

"Ezra, you won't believe this...one of my father's employee's spotted Nicolas outside and near the barrier. I am rather curious why he is still..." Elizabeth said.

Nicolas was out there, by the barrier but he was not planning on doing anything. He just wanted to see the thing first hand, and he was a little curious about how it works. Like how his guardian was able to slip in. "Oh barrier, you do try to keep us safe.."

Seeing Elizabeth find someone she liked, and who clearly liked her too, made Ezra smile. He could be a horrible person when he wanted to be, who wished misery on everyone else as long as he himself was happy, but that all changed when it came to Elizabeth. He had once hated the girl with every fibre of his being when he was a young 12 year old and first arrived at the school, but now she was a sister to him; the best friend he always thought he would never have.

And if she liked this girl, then Ezra would ensure that this new girl was protected and not bullied. Anyone his friend liked, he liked too. That was just how it went between them.

"Nicolas is at the border, is he?" He smiled once the dragon returned to the table, smirking to himself at the predictability. Nicolas would be interested in the border, of course, and the fact he had approached it so brazenly without consideration of the consequences didn't anger Ezra; it amused him.

He liked someone who was a rule-breaker, and Nicolas' behaviour only made him like him more.

"Oh well, we'd better go and get him before your father has the poor boy punished for his curiosity, hm? I don't want Nicolas in detention. I couldn't flirt with him there."

"Yes, he is there. Someone from lowers in the chain found them, they tend to let me know this type of stuff....." Elizabeth answered him, before checking her phone again before replying to the message that she had received. Letting them know, before putting the cellphone back in her pocket for safekeeping.

"They will be keeping him in their custody so Nicolas doesn't get in trouble..."

"Let's go fetch him then....." Elizabeth said, taking him along and started to lead him around to get back to where he is. Moving through the area, as she waved at a tall bulky male who had Nicolas by his side. "Hey, Elizabeth. I found this guy near the barrier, but here you go. I won't go reporting this to your father..." the guy said pushing Nicolas forward enough for Nicolas could have a chance to strike at the other guy.

"I-It's not my fault. I was just curious really.." Nicolas said with a huff. "Curious how my shadows would interact with it truly."

"Curiosity killed the cat, Nicolas. And you're an adorable kitten to me, so I'd hate for this unfortunate curiosity of yours to end up killing you, hm? Just a word of advice, baby," the demon smiled as he surveyed the scene, nodding gratefully to the muscular guard for his promise to keep the incident from being reported. Even if it had, Ezra could have had the report disappear and the punishment against Nicolas reversed, but he much preferred not to have to go through that effort.

He waited for the guard to head off before approaching the shadow-manipulator with a playful tut, amused over the fact the other had been caught. He glanced at the borders himself, shaking his head as he realised why Nicolas had been so invested in them.

"Oh, well, has your adventurous streak left you for tonight, dear? Because I'd like to talk to you, get to know you some more. We could even watch some TV if you'd like? In our dorm? I'm making the effort. You may hate me, baby, but I like you. And I can help you more than you realise, with your powers. People here will want to restrict it; I want you to embrace how powerful you are. So I'm offering to help you in private lessons, where I want you to control your power; not restrict it. The teachers are scared of what you can do; they want to prevent you realising how strong you are. I, however... I'm excited by your potential, Nico~"

"Yeah I know, but you forget that I don't listen to people," Nicolas started to say. "You are right, I could get into trouble with people here who guarding the barrier. I guess I wanted to know why or how someone could get through...." Nicolas said to him after. He knew that he was playing a dangerous game, but he liked it though.

Watching the guard, before turning to Ezra who was approaching him. Not moving from where he was, but he was starting to put his guard back up. With this change, he had no idea what could happen around Ezra. Elizabeth hadn't left since she was making sure nothing happened to either of them.

Shrugging his shoulders to question, "It has left me but maybe later, it may come back...." Nicolas started to say. Trying to listen to what he saying, not making anything but when that nickname was used, he had moved in one swift movement. Growling a little, as his shadow became a creature, but didn't make a physical form. "Call me again that Ezra, and you will surely not like what happens...." Nicolas said before stepping back as his shadow had returned back to normal.

"Looks like everything is going well here. I will text Ezra later, and maybe we can arrange an outing with the girl I like with you and Nicolas here..." Elizabeth said waving to others, as she started to walk away. Nicolas let out a sigh, "Ezra, I didn't mean to act like that. Someone I liked used that nickname, and their fate came to the end where it wasn't very pretty..." Nicolas apologized before adding. "Now let's head back to the dorms. I still have those ingredients so I could cook later..."

The sudden anger over what he thought had been an innocent shortening of the other's name was surprising. It didn't scare the incubus at all, but it was surprising; so much so that he found himself genuinely speechless. He followed behind Nicolas regardless, doing so in silence as he wrapped his head around the sudden burst of anger.

If anything, that was what he wanted to see more of from Nicolas; that raw, unfiltered anger that could truly make him an important friend to have. If he had him at his side, nobody would dare mess with him. Nicolas undoubtedly had power, but if he had a raw, threatening anger bubbling under his surface at all times, then that power suddenly went from being something interesting for others, to becoming something to fer and be scared of.

And that, to Ezra, was all he wanted; a friend who was a ticking time bomb, with powers that most would be terrified of.

"...Right, let's get cooking then, shall we?" He finally spoke as he hurried up to catch up to the other's long strides, deciding to just forget about the small incident that had occurred, rather than draw attention to it. "I fancy something sweet; I'm sure you could rustle us up something yummy, Nicolas. You've got a real talent for cooking."

Nicolas walked back to the dorms, not completely caring if Ezra caught up to him or went another route and they went separate ways. That nickname had really irked him, and it was one of those painful memories that he had tried to block from remembering that part in his life. Turning his attention to Ezra who was able to catch up with him, he had his hands now in his pockets as he walked.

"Yeah let's get cooking I guess. I grabbed enough stuff for a good meal or even two..." Nicolas pointed out before his face lit up when his cooking skills were complimented. Chuckling a little, "I think I can make something sweet for us. I guess it is nice to hear that from someone, to hear that I am good at my cooking..."

Reaching the dorm area, he made a couple of snaps before heading to where the kitchen area was. The bag full of ingredients were on the counters, before he moved to check what was in there. "Good work everyone..." Nicolas said as he waved to some shadows that looked like they waved right back. "You know when classes are back, this may not be something I can do.." Nicolas told him as he started to prep the meal where he was using more something sweet for this non-savory dish.

"Elizabeth seems to care about you a lot. Its good to have friends," Nicolas commented but thought though. "Especially when some of yours are maybe even fake ones.."

"My fake friends aren't really friends, Nicolas. I thought you, being as smart as you are, would realise that. They're just acquaintances I use to my advantage if I need something doing. It may surprise you to realise that I don't have many friends. I have Elizabeth and she's all I need. Friends are people you can trust, and I only trust her. She knows everything about me, whilst others only know what I want them to know. So that's that. She's my only friend, and that's fine. I trust her with my life," he declared happily and passionately, a first sign of genuine emotion crossing his face that wasn't forced or manipulated into something else. Elizabeth meant so much to him that he was unable to put on an act and say something else. He couldn't even pretend that he hated her because he wouldn't allow those words to leave his lips.

She was the world to him, really, and he didn't care if he sounded soppy or vulnerable because of it.

"...Anyway, you'll be my friend soon, I hope. I can tell you anything you want to know if that'll help you trust me," he offered with another genuine smile. He wanted the other to be his friend, and only now was he realising that the best way to achieve that was just to be honest with him, rather than put on this huge front and pretend to be someone he wasn't. It was more fun that way, but wouldn't gather the results he desperately wanted.

Nicolas listened to Ezra had to say, as he worked on getting the dessert ready for two of them to eat. He was right that Ezra didn't really have any friends, and it kind of saddens the male to know someone like that though. Hearing how he talked about Elizabeth, it made him see true emotions coming from Ezra at the moment.

"I find it rather touching that you talk about Elizabeth like that. It's nice to see you show some other emotions really...rather interesting to me..." Nicolas told him.

Serving up the food, as it was a pretty sweet dish where he moved to take a bite of it. As he ate from the dish while watching what Ezra was gonna do or hear. "I think I would like that Ezra. To be friends with you," Nicolas told him as he ate his food that was there in front of him. Finishing what was on his plate, before he moved to take it to the dish to wash up.

"How did that dessert taste?" Nicolas asked.

Ezra wanted nothing more than to wolf down the dessert and gush about how wonderful it was. He had ever intention to do that, smiling in preparation to boast about how smart and talented his roommate was, but was caught off guard by the sudden alarms ringing loudly throughout the entire school. He recognised them as the alarms of a serious security breach, that being consolidated when, over the intercom, the principal's voice could be heard, shakily and nervously urging all students to return to their dorms and stay until further notice, with guards being sent to every corridor to ensure the students' safety was guaranteed.

Ezra wasn't one to feel scared, but he was definitely on edge as he peered curiously out of the dorm to witness panicked students rushing to their own rooms, a burly guard making his way to the corridor to patrol it and ensure everyone was where they should be. The fact the guard was heavily armed was an indication of the threat, the demon retreating back into his dorm with wide, panicked eyes.

Little did he realise that the threat wasn't far away from him. Only minutes later, the guard that had stood outside was killed where he stood, the heavy thump of his body echoing in the now silent, empty corridor; a silence only interrupted by the sound of two pairs of footsteps, one being the thudding of a large man and the other the tip-tapping of high heels. The steps and the low voices came to a stop outside Ezra and Nicolas' dorm, the door opened to reveal the two intruders.

One was Melodia Rivers; one of the more infamous criminals in the country; a woman even the most burliest, thuggish of men were afraid to come up against. Behind her almost flawless beauty laid a monster; a cruel, evil force who wouldn't hesitate to kill to get what she wanted. At her side was her second-in-command, Dameus: a 6'8", muscular man with almost luminous, glowing white eyes, a wide, unnerving grin on his face as he took in the two students.

"...Don't scare the boys, Dameus. Just you keep your creepy smiles to yourself," tutted Melodia lightly, her arms outstretched towards Ezra, who had retreated nervously behind Nicolas. "No hugs for your Mama, hm? I understand; you don't know me. I blame your father. Now, who's this? Your friend, baby? A boyfriend~?"

Nicolas was just putting things away when he heard that alarm go off. It spooked him which spooked the shadows too. "Stay calm everyone..." Nicolas muttered, talking toward the shadows to try to keep them at bay. Checking it out, as he started to get what intel he could from what shadows were able to grab.

Turning toward the door when he heard movement, and the thud, he moved over to Ezra where he rested his hand on his shoulder. "Maybe they will go away. What would set off something like that...it wouldn't be my mentor.." Nicolas said to him, keeping rather quiet hoping that they walked away. Seeing who had come in, he was rather shocked to see them both. More so the woman, who was one of wanted of criminals.

Nicolas had stood his ground, and growled out when the woman had come forward before stepping back while Ezra behind him. "I am a friend who is here to protect my friend. From someone like you," Nicolas growled out. "I suggest you step away from him right now..." he said right after there were other hisses and growls. "Sorry about the shadows. They don't like when his master and its friends are in trouble like this. I don't believe that either, how can you two be related..."

Looking over his shoulder, as he mouthed 'run for the shadows..wait for signal' before turning his attention back at the two people in front of them.

"How can we be related, darling? Maybe because I carried him for nine months and gave birth to him? It isn't my fault his father took him from me, the fucking bastard. But I'm back now, and you and your little shadows aren't going to keep me from my son - now move, darlin', before I force you. I don't like to kill children, I've never done that before, but I'll do it if I need to; if you're stopping me getting to my baby boy," she hissed fiercely, her eyes darkening as she prepared to potentially fight her way to her son. She had wasted years without him, never once letting a day go past without wanting to have him in her arms, and now he was just a foot or two away from her.

So like hell was she going to allow Nicolas to stand in the way of her own flesh and blood, preventing the reunion she had dreamed of for more than a decade.

That wasn't to say she didn't sense how powerful Nicolas was; powers that weren't yet under control and so far more dangerous than even she could imagine. She didn't want to start a fight that would end with her getting injured, but she would have to resort to that if it meant she got her son back. She would do anything to achieve that, after all, however hard she had to fight for it.

"I... wait Nicolas, just-- just let me speak," the incubus began as he curiously examined the woman, knowing in his heart that she was being truthful. He had no proof, but he just... knew, as though his heart was telling him that this was his mother. And if that was the case, he didn't want her getting hurt, however hurt he was by her absence - but apparently, that wasn't her fault. "This is my mother, I... feel it; don't hurt her, just-- let me think, I... I can't let her get hurt, I..."

Nicolas stood his own ground, not moving from where he was as the shadows waited for the order of its master. "I don't trust you, but why do I think you may saying some truth..." Nicolas said with a shake of his head, before turning his direction toward Ezra when he started to speak before he moved to stand beside Ezra together.

Placing a firm grip on his shoulder, as he snapped his fingers as the shadows started to retreat back home. "If you want me to trust her, and not her. Then I will do that, I am your friend and I have your decisions..." Nicolas mentioned with a shrug before he pulled his hand away. Moving away from Ezra, letting his own shadow graze with her's. It let her see something, how powerful Nicolas was and how there was a lock on his powers. He would let them interact but didn't mean that he would leave them alone.

"I must say, you did cause such a ruckus where the school is on high alert. Your son did something similar to that, and..." Nicolas started to say but stopped himself from continuing anymore. "I do like reunions but I suggest we get out of here, especially you Melodia. You wouldn't want an angry dragon after you huh.." Nicolas continued to say, showing he was trusting some. "Somewhere you won't get caught either..." Nicolas muttered that, looking to his shadows before looking at them.

Elizabeth was thankfully hanging out with her date when all of this hit the fan, so she was able to protect the woman. She had texted Ezra, to check on her friend and see if he was okay. 'Ezra, please tell me you are okay. If not, I hope whoever caused this...likes to be burned by dragon fire...' the text from Elizabeth read.

Ezra was, understandably, silent for a lot of the conversation. He was too shocked to utter even a word, uncharacteristically silent as he stared at the woman who professed to be his mother and the large man at her side, watching helplessly as they opened a portal and ushered the two boys in. He didn't want his roommate to be mixed into the drama just in case it was a rouse designed to kill them, which he couldn't help but feel wasn't beyond the realms of possibility, but he also didn't want to go through this alone.

He wouldn't say it just yet, but he felt a hell of a lot more safer with Nicolas at his side than he did alone. Deep down, he knew that this woman was his mother who didn't want to hurt him, but he was able to at least move forward with a degree of confidence knowing that Nicolas was beside him, apparently willing to defend him.

And that alone made the demon grateful to have him around, realising in that moment that despite all the bickering, he would defend Nicolas and fight for him if he had to. It took a situation where their lives were possibly in danger for him to finally acknowledge that Nicolas meant something to him.

The portal led them to a car, the young demon peering around the lavish limo with a faint frown at how strange it all was. He felt more awkward given the fact he was still in his pyjamas, folding his arms across his chest as he stared at Melodia, who simply arrived through the portal and proceeded to take the glass of champagne awaiting her, smiling boldly at the teenagers opposite her.

"You boys need to turn those frowns upside down," she tutted, leaning to pinch her son's cheek affectionately. "I have big plans and you both are going to assist me with them. My son, as my heir and only child, needs to be at my side... and if you're his little buddy, you ought to be here too."

Nicolas could have left through his portals but decided it would be best to stay by Ezra side during this whole situation. Going through the portal along Nicolas, as he felt the pulse of the magic that coursed through the portal when they entered through it. He had known that earlier on, he would have never done this for Ezra before but now it seemed like something had changed between him to make him care more the guy.

Reaching the other side of the portal, as he sat down in the limo while moving to stay near Ezra. It didn't bother him that much, that he was just in his pajamas. Moving to reach out to him, gripping on his shoulder for a moment before letting go though to show he was there for Ezra. Looking at the woman that was before him, this was probably how she kept from getting discovered. He could sense such great power from her.

"I can try," Nicolas said, rolling his eyes with how the woman would just go touch at Ezra like it was all good. Leaning back some, where he moved to cross his arms a little. "I am curious what those big plans are. How far away are we away from school? Or we still in school grounds?" Nicolas asked her. Moving to go touch Ezra, letting him hear a single thought for him.

"Ezra. We are not alone, my shadows always follow me,' was the thought before he brought his hand back from him.

"Oh, do shut up with the questions, boy. I brought you here because Ezra might want a friend to support him through all of this. I didn't bring you here so you could question me like I'm a suspect up for interrogation. We're in a car heading for my house; I thought we'd use the drive to get to know one another. I don't want you in my house if I don't know you, and especially not if I can't trust you. So we're using this time to decide whether or not you get to live or die," she said easily, the powerful woman crossing a leg across the other as she sipped at her champagne, her expression changing from annoyance to contentment as she took in her son, smiling brightly at how she had him now after so many years apart.

She did love him, as was clear by her expression and the kindness in which she spoke to him, but the ways she wanted to show that love might not be conventional. She wanted her son to be at her side, the heir to her empire. It was hardly what most mothers wanted their sons to do, be involved in a criminal empire, but the woman wanted that for him - she wanted him to have everything he wanted in life, and the way to get that was to succeed her when she chose to step down.

Nicolas wasn't really part of her plans, but he was here now. She could sense the bond between the two and she wanted to show Ezra that she could be respectful of his friends. If Nicolas could be trusted, anyway.

"...So are you two friends, then? It's good my boy has a friend that's powerful, he makes good choices," she cooed as she urged her son to drink his champagne, Ezra thus far being stunned into silence. "You're not dating, are you? You make a cute couple, and it might be nice for my boy to have a partner in crime. It certainly helps to have someone to rely upon~"