Shadow Creatures and Demons in a boarding school (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

There were few others who were at the same popular standing, and one of them was a dragon female. Her family controlled the security around the school, and controlled most of the trade routes for the school. So she was rather powerful in her own standing but she had her eyes on someone and it was Nicolas...

Both James and Nicolas had gone for the cafeteria area to grab something to eat, to eat something together and discuss everything. It was James who started or tried to push Nicolas to get more friendly with others. James spotted someone and pushed Nicolas to sit down with the same dragon lady who was named Elizabeth.

There was talk was circling around, and it was getting Ezra that Nicolas may be rising in the ranks. Elizabeth only spent time or got close to anyone with good power and saw Nicolas was exactly that.

Ezra might not be the only one with a popular standing, but he knew that he was the one most people considered to be the most popular. His father literally built the school, and had the power to take it down if he so wished. That made Ezra, subsequently, someone most students in the school had to admit was the de-facto King-like figure who could say and do what he wanted, with a hoard of followers ready to follow his every word.

So he was made aware of Elizabeth's behaviour instantly, several of his friends messaging him in confusion and others even offering to storm to the group and physically demand what the hell was going on. As entertaining as he knew that would be, watching his friends get into fights to protect his honour, he knew that this was a situation he had to resolve for himself. Or, at the very least, see with his own eyes.

Dressed in his favourite denim jacket and fashionable checked trousers, he brushed a comb through his hair and added a little jewellery before finally leaving his room, refusing to do so until he felt he looked perfect. He had intended to skip food that evening, not liking to eat when the cafeteria was so crowded, so he did grimace instantly at the loud noise and dozens of students buzzing about for their evening meals. He attracted attention the moment he entered, several near him gazing in awe - though his entire attention was on Elizabeth, storming over to her with a forced smile as he ignored Nicolas' presence. The boy near him was someone he didn't recognise as a student, which was troubling - no outsider could randomly turn up and proclaim to be a student, after all. Fortunately for James, he wasn't Ezra's main priority at the moment.

"...Elizabeth, what are you doing?" He questioned calmly, holding his hands at his sides as they clenched now and then into fists. "I recommend that you come and sit with me at our usual table. I may be tempted to eat my dinner here today if you come and resume our usual seating arrangements. You are my friend, aren't you? I don't like my friends abandoning me."

Nicolas was starting to enjoy himself, as he ate his meal with Elizabeth where James was nearby though at the same table. Nicolas looked to see Ezra, rolling his eyes before putting his attention back on what going on before him. When Ezra was nearby, James had crossed his arms while staring the demon down. He was only here to see why Nicolas was acting up and now he can see why.

Elizabeth looked to Ezra, with a shrug of her own shoulders. "I am just enjoying my time with this new powerful student. You never told me your new roommate is pretty cool.." Elizabeth had answered, noticing how he was acting but at the moment she didn't care though. "Your no friend, a friend who is there for you. All you care is how much power you get, and I am just checking him out that's all. Also, you know not to mess with me, unless you want your certain things either burned or just not coming right? You forget who's daddy controls the trade..."

Moving from her spot, she moved close to whisper to him. "Move away slowly Ezra. We can discuss what I found out..later," Elizabeth said before sitting back down. She was still loyal but she had a current task at hand.

It was great to see someone else to throw it at Ezra, but it was weird when she got close but shrugged it off.

Ezra detested being openly challenged like that. Even though Elizabeth whispers showed that she was on his side and that this entire venture had a double agenda, he still couldn't stand being made a fool of in front of an entire cafeteria of students... especially when he couldn't say anything back to Elizabeth without severe consequences.

She was a good friend to him and he admired her immensely, but he also new that his initial decision to befriend her was so that she couldn't mess things up for him. Her father was important and, if Ezra annoyed Elizabeth, her father could make things difficult for him. His items might not reach him and that, to Ezra, was a living nightmare. He could threaten the girl by claiming that he would make his father fire hers... but he never had done that, even when they first met and they were more enemies than friends.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, her father did an excellent job in keeping the school and its students safe. Having him fired would just bring unwanted chaos on his father, and he wouldn't allow that. Reluctantly, he allowed the girl to speak bad of him without attempting to snap back at her.

Besides, he was intrigued. Clearly she had a plan and she was willing to tell him all about it. Until then, he had to bite his lip and not lose his patience.

"...Yes, well, you're all welcome to one another," he huffed as he obediently moved away, adjusting his cute jacket with his full lips pouted. "I don't like hanging out with uncool people anyway."

"Yes, I am welcomed to that," Elizabeth said to him with a shrug of her shoulders. "I will talk to you later then, Ezra. Enjoy that good meal of yours," She said turning her attention back to Nicolas as they were enjoying some of their time together like this. It was James who didn't want to stay since he could tell Nicolas was good on his own.

James walked by Ezra, as he waved to the other as he gave off a powerful aura while he walked by. He stayed by the area though, to make sure to everything was going well. He didn't completely trust this dragon woman but she seemed okay so far. He wouldn't step in and talk with Ezra, it could cause some issues.

After some talking and enjoying the meal, they both went their separate ways. When Elizabeth was far enough away, she texted Ezra and told him she would meet him back at his dorm room since Nicolas was not gonna be there. She arrived there, letting herself in as she looked around the room for a moment. "Ezra, I have found some information that you may like~ Unless you are still mad that I did that to you in the cafeteria? I am sorry about what I did."

• Thank You
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Of course I'm still mad at you, Liz. Even though I could tell that it wasn't serious and that you were playing a part, I still refuse to accept being threatened in the way I was. But I suppose I'll forgive you this time, seeing as you have some information you think I'd want to hear," the demon sighed dramatically, though the way he smiled and the lack of anger in his voice signalled towards the fact that he wasn't at all angry with her, or upset. He had been for a little while, until realising that she was simply playing a part and acting all to get information from Nicolas.

That sort of devious behaviour was why Ezra had grown to like her. She had been a friend he used for her power, but gradually, he learned to like her, genuinely and sincerely. It was difficult not to when she was devious like this, bringing him information she knew he'd want to hear.

"So spill it then, what's the information you think I may like?" He continued as he turned back to his grand closet, having been casually trying on clothes to find an outfit ready for classes tomorrow. He needed to dedicate his time to that - looking good was far more important to him than anything else. "I assume it's about Nicolas."

"Oh come on Ezra, you know I am," Elizabeth started at first, before hearing what he said. "I do have information and I think you may like what I have to give for you," she continued to say but noticed she was getting forgiven for even what she did. She started to bond with him, as they were both devious when it came to things.

Elizabeth kept silent even after the question before she crossed her arms before making her way over to him. "Yes there was some stuff on Nicolas but I thought you would like to know more about that mysterious person who he is with. His name is James, but I sensed something more power like these teachers and close to what my dad has even. That man is no student, I think he is here watching over Nicolas.." She explained. "It slipped out of his mouth that he used to be on medication to hold his powers. That he...killed before..."

"I thought it would be good for you to know. Watch yourself, those shadows can get out of his own control when his emotions aren't in check. What I think...he can escape through my father security. Like his friend..."

"Do you honestly believe that those shadow freaks are going to intimidate me, Elizabeth? Do you not understand that I can fight them off should it be necessary? I won't allow them to ruin my time here, and if Nicolas does, I'll simply have him expelled. I have the principal wrapped around my finger, you know this. If he wants to stay her,e if his guardian wants him to, they'll realise they need to leave me alone-- or, at least, not talk to me like I'm dirt beneath the soles of their feet," the demon huffed in reply, turning back to his closet as he pulled on a clearly expensive fur coat, smiling at the warmth it immediately provided him with.

The news did appeal to him, of course, smiling to himself when he realised he had dirt he could use on Nicolas if he really needed to play dirty like that. It was intriguing but all Ezra cared about was having some news stored away, read to be used to blackmail the other if he really needed to play those sorts of tricks.

"Well, that is valuable information, of course. You've done well. Are you getting closer to him? Perhaps you could use his naivety by befriending him, find out more about him for me. I certainly don't want to pretend to be his friend, he gives me the creeps."

"I never seen you fight before. Maybe once or twice in practice for classes, but that's the only time..." Elizabeth commented. "I know you can do that too, but that is why we are careful with each other and work together. I just want to go through school comfortably and is good that I have friends in powerful positions..." Elizabeth said. Hearing that last part, she crossed her arms a little, "I wonder why.." she muttered, knowing the reason from the talk they had.

"I can do that," Elizabeth answered at first. "I can make friends with him, I like keeping powerful things in my claws. You know what my kind likes, like shiny things too. Shiny and powerful...." She continued to say.

Heading for the door, as she turned to look over at Ezra again. "Be careful around those two. I don't want my friend hurt..." she said to him. "I will talk and see why he is like that.." she said before leaving..

Ezra had no doubt that he could trust Elizabeth to pass him on information. What he did doubt was her sincerity. He liked her as a person and he felt like she knew most about him - or at least, she understood him at his core and what sort of person he was. However, he didn't think she was doing any of this for him. He knew that she was, at her heart, as selfishly motivated as he was; that she was pursuing Nicolas and James for her own satisfaction, as though they were shiny new possessions she could use at her disposal.

But the demon wasn't mad at her for that. If anything, he appreciated that ambition. He was just the same way - he made friends with those who were powerful just so he could stroke his own ego and use them if he needed to for something.

Besides, how could he be mad when she was doing the dirty work for him? Even though Nicolas was his roommate, Ezra wanted nothing to do with him and was prepared to ignore him completely until the shadow manipulator learned how to behave properly.

Elizabeth did her own thing, interacting with Nicolas and even James. As the two guys interacted with each other, it was time for James to leave and Nicolas was heading back for the night. Entering into the shared room, he looked over to where Ezra would be before going for his bed. Finding what looked like a coin purse, as he looked through for a moment before putting the coin purse away.

He kept that around for an emergency, it wasn't much but it was enough for certain things. Nicolas wasn't from a rich family, but the way he earned the money was helping his guardian doing his work.

Laying there on the bed now, Nicolas wasn't paying attention what was going on around him. Out from the shadows, came a shadow creature but it was holding a basket of food that could make a great meal. Nicolas turned to spot this, as he glared at the creature where it disappeared but had left food behind. Going to pick it up, he shook his head as looked through before heading for the shared area. "I know this is against the rules, but I am cooking a meal with this. Didn't ask for it...you can have some, sharing homemade food is good..."

Once in a shared common area, it was pretty empty as he started to cook around it. It seemed no one used it really, but Nicolas liked cooking. It was actually one of his passions.

Ezra merely snorted in reply to the other's offer. It bewildered him to learn that Nicolas was rude and insulting to him, and received the same cruel words in return from the demon, yet was constantly offering to share with Ezra. He was showing kindness contradictory to his harsh words, and that was confusing for the demon to wrap his head around. He even scowled to himself in the darkness of the bedroom, his red eyes illuminating the dark around him as he glared furiously into the nothingness.

He found that he couldn't get his 8 hours of sleep when Nicolas was confusing him so much. In fact, how could he sleep when his stomach growled in anticipation of some food? He was curvy in all the right places, but beside those, he was slim... which otherwise contradicted the large, sometimes insatiable appetite he had. He had been known to eat his food and the leftovers of all his friends, which pissed a lot of people off. How was it fair that he could maintain his figure despite an appetite like that?

Like many things, it wasn't fair - but Ezra didn't care because he was benefiting and others weren't.

Wrapping a silk gown around himself and slipping his feet into his cute slippers, he shuffled from the room to meet Nicolas, his nose twitching at the good smells he was hit with from the food. He may dislike the other and had no intention of being nice to him... but he could ignore that for a little while if it meant getting something good to eat.

"...Add more spice to it. And garlic. I adore garlic," he murmured absently as he settled on a chair, adjusting his nightgown with a tired, albeit cute, yawn. "This doesn't mean we're friends, loser. I'm just hungry."

Nicolas was working on cooking the meal when he turned to see it was Ezra who had came in. Watching him for a bit, before putting attention back on the meal he was cooking. Adding some more flavours, before speaking though, "Maybe I can make a separate patch with extra garlic. We'll see," Nicolas had muttered. "I got that Ezra, I really don't care right now. This is one of my passions, and I like sharing my creations with people. You were closest to be able too, I may have shared it with Elizabeth or James but he left already..."

Pulling down some plates, he started to serve the dish in them both. "Also, I had a guess you may not tell on me for my creatures fetching that for me if I made you something," he said before handing over the plate of food for him. Placing it in front of Ezra, Nicolas didn't eat but instead worked on getting everything cleaned.

"Try it while I get this cleaned up. I will eat once I am done, if I don't eat any of mine, you can have mine too.."

All cleaned up, as he sat down in front of his meal before he started to take a bite. Nicolas started to eat his food, as he was rather silent as he ate from it. "So..how does it taste? If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it..."

As Ezra tucked into the meal, he had to bite back a frown. Not because the food tasted terrible - in fact, his reasoning was for quite the opposite. The meal and the flavours it contained were, frankly, amazing, and that meant that a frown fixed itself itself to his lips. He couldn't lie and say it was bad or Nicolas would question why he was continuing to wolf down the food. Similarly, he could tell the entire truth because that would mean paying the other a compliment, and he really didn't want to do that.

Stubbornly, he merely murmured that the food was 'okay', though, from Ezra, that was as high a compliment as Nicolas could probably receive. Not wanting to waste time on complimenting him, the demon polished down the meal, allowing a hum of contentment to slip through his lips. A smile even formed at how nice the food was until he realised and quickly forced the expression of his face.

"...It was fine," he shrugged, despite hungrily peering at the other's plate in the hopes that he wouldn't finish it all. "Everyone has a talent. Even someone as useless as you has to have something. Apparently cooking is yours, which really isn't a great talent. You're just warming up food, really, but... well, whatever. You can do it well, that's a talent, I suppose. I've never tried cooking. Back home, Daddy hires dozens of caterers to serve us. I have no need to waste energy."

"Just fine eh.." Nicolas said with a chuckle, taking the empty plate from the other. Serving up what was remaining, and even gave him some of his. "I was planning to try to save what was left but looks like I don't need to that..." Nicolas commented before hearing what other had to say about his cooking.

"I never had that. I and he cooked what we could get with what money we earned, well I cooked mostly. He couldn't cook, so I picked up the skill one day and started to improve my craft.." Nicolas said with a shrug of his shoulders, as the clean up was almost done. He would just need to clean the plates and cutlery, that was it.

Thinking about it for a moment, he looked to the demon before thinking about what was on his mind more. Sighing, he snapped his fingers before pointing to a particular shadow. "Come out, I need to talk with you about where you got these..." he had asked as a creature slipped out. It cocked its head, before looking around for a moment. "Tell me how you got this..right now..."

It let out a sigh, "My master, I didn't steal that is for sure. We were in the shadows, and someone had left out that for us. It was James, your guardian..." the creature said.

"Good, you know not to steal. You ask me for my coin purse, then you pay whoever..." Nicolas said before it disappeared into the shadows. "Wonder why he did that but why do I have a feeling that they lied though.." he thought to himself.

Ezra watched the exchange take place with a raised brow, only returning to his food when he found the situation inconsequential to him. He had no interest in discussing anything that had to do with James, after all - he didn't know why he had taken such an immediate disliking to him, but he knew it had something to do with the fact that the guardian wasn't a student at the school yet was wandering about as if he was.

He didn't understand too much about Nicolas (out of choice), so perhaps he needed that guardianship and perhaps it was already cleared with the principal. Perhaps the woman in charge had allowed his guardian to be a presence around Nicolas to ensure he kept his powers in check, even though it was the school's duty to help him with that. Plainly put, Ezra had no idea - but he still couldn't help but snort derisively when hearing James' name being brought up. To say he disliked him more than Nicolas was an understatement.

"Oh, who knows. That guardian of yours is weird. A real psycho," he drawled with a roll of his eyes, not caring how rude he was being. All he cared about was finishing his meal and getting back to bed, the food now making him satisfactorily sleepy. "Just come to the dorm; I won't have you wandering into our dorm at a ridiculous hour and disturbing my beauty sleep, Nicolas"

"I guess you could describe him like that. Even last part, it can describe him," Nicolas had muttered, not caring if Ezra was rude right now. He was starting to get used to it, with Ezra attitude being this bad. Having finished all of the cleanings now, Nicolas let out a sigh of relief. Raising an eyebrow at the other, before putting his hands in the pockets of his pants. Going along with him, as Nicolas curiously looked toward where Ezra's shadow was. He would make note of this.

Once he was back in the room, Nicolas yawned a little as he moved to go back to his side of the room. Looking over at Ezra with a shrug of his shoulders, " Your shadow is unique," Nicolas commented, "Most demons are," Nicolas had added before getting to be sitting on the bed now. Starting undress himself, as he was dressed for bed then.

"I will try not to disturb your sleep..." Nicolas said, using a booklight one of his notebooks where he jotted down in the book. Making a note of Ezra shadow, and a few others if they weren't already in there. Putting it away, before he got under the covers ready to get some sleep. Laying there under some blankets, as he had his special notebooks underneath the pillow of his.

"You have good sleep. Hope the shadows don't bother you too much.." Nicolas commented before turning his back to him.

Once Ezra had gotten what he wanted from the other -that being the food he had been making- his interest in him stopped. However, that was piqued the moment the other remarked on his shadow, his brow arching in confusion. To him, his shadow was hardly of relevance; it was simply a reflection of him and very little more. Nicolas apparently chose to differ, finding in it something of interest. That inevitably interested Ezra too, though the demon scowled in irritation at this reaction and chose to ignore the desire he had to ask Nicolas what he meant.

That would mean giving the boy attention and he was stubbornly refusing to do that. Elizabeth could do that for him and he could simply learn about the boy through her. That plan was what was best, and him interfering with it by getting involved with Nicolas himself would only complicate it.

- - - - - - - - -

The demon awoke in the morning with a groan, already knowing that dark circles were marring his under-eyes even before he had a chance to look into a mirror. He wasn't used to sharing his room so was sensitive to every move Nicolas made in the night, which ultimately left Ezra tired and that only made him grumpier - unfortunately for those who had to deal with him.

"You'd better get up, loser. Breakfast is in ten minutes and if you miss it, that's your fault. Breakfast here is fantastic," he grunted as he nudged Nicolas with his foot before settling himself back at his dressing table to begin trying to make himself look better, reaching for his various skin products. "I'm sure your buddy Elizabeth will want to sit with you. Or that loser guy that shouldn't be in this school."

Nicolas woke up that morning, having a good sleep himself even though he probably moved around in his sleep. It was something he usually does, even since his powers were awakened. For some reason though, he still had a good sleep with what happened. With his back to him though, he was slowly waking up and didn't want to get out of bed right away though.

Turning to face him, with a sleepy expression as he slowly sat up now. "Oh yeah..I am waking up..." Nicolas muttered before swinging his feet out. Listening to Ezra speak, as he moved to grab some of his writing materials to bring along with him. With a shake of his head and a shrug after, "I don't think I will sit with her. I only did it because he told me it would help me out, the same guy who you seem to dislike..." Nicolas said throwing on something before heading for the door.

"He shouldn't but he got in somehow though Ezra, I guess I will see you down there maybe..." Nicolas said with a shrug of his shoulders before the opening the door to reveal Elizabeth was there. Nicolas waved before he left before she could say anything to him as she angrily huffed with smoke coming from her nose. Elizbeth stayed by the door, as she leaned on the doorway, "You look bad. Was Nicolas that bad? I got something new, my dad figured how he got in. It was cloaked, but his security team still trying to track it. Like he was passing through some of the realms..."

"You gonna come sit with me for breakfast? I don't think he will be joining me.." Elizabeth muttered.

"Oh, please don't start talking to me about his friend. I really am not in the mood to get riled up and angry about him sneaking onto the property, Elizabeth. I could be angry at your father for failing to strengthen the security system, but I don't blame him. Nicolas' friend is a sneaky son of a bitch and, really, he moves in the shadows. Even our security here can't prevent that from happening," he grunted from his table, applying a little concealer under his eyes in an attempt to counteract the dark circles, smiling at his more refreshed appearance once it had worked its magic.

As he applied a little powder to keep the concealer in place, he caught his friend's eyes in the mirror, smiling at her in an attempt to make up for his sharp remarks. He was tired and that made him snappy, but Elizabeth didn't deserve to witness that. She was perhaps the closest friend he had -his best friend, even- and if anyone deserved to be treated well by Ezra, it was her.

"Of course I'll sit with you, don't be silly. That was never in doubt. I'm absolutely starving. I think I want pancakes today. And some eggs and bacon. Perhaps a little cereal to finish it off," he drawled, rolling his eyes to himself at the grandness of his three-course breakfast meals. He could easily devour it all and have room for me, which always bewildered his friends when they put into contrast his vast appetite and his petite figure. "We'll go in a minute or two, I need something cute to wear first. My boyfriend was in a mood with me yesterday, I ought to make it up to him-- though honestly, he's such a bore. I wish I could leave him but, alas, he's the start of the soccer team and I need to keep my popularity at its highest-- but god, he's dull. Cute and has muscles to die for, but boring."