Sexy names

K

Kitti

Are there any names that make you feel a little smolder just hearing them? Something that screams "bombshell beauty" or "rippling muscles"?

Do you use those names for characters, or are you worried about living up to your own hype?​

First names: Drake, Lance, Gerard, Adrian, Lawrence, Scarlett, Natalie/Natalia, Alessandro (and, speaking of Alessandro, the myriad exotic Latino-lover names).

When it comes to guy names, if we're not going the latino/european lover route, very simple monosyllabic names have something very virile-sounding about them. And names like Scarlett and Natalia for the girls just sound all kinds of naughty.

I'm sure I've used a few of these names here or there, but I don't tend towards writing super sexy characters.

Reactions: Kitti
Sinbad would be one of those names for me (because men of the sea are lovely), along with names like Damian, Derek, Nathaniel etc.

I always had a thing for the name Justin since I was a kid xD because of one of the rats of NIMH.

I'm not too sure about female names, though the name Miranda screams beautiful red head to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun and Kitti
Natalya, Anastasia, Derek, Damian, José, and Miguel, to name a few.

I think that for guys, a lot of the "popular" Scottish names tend to have a hunky vibe: Alistair, Angus, Ewan, Irving, Graham (obligatory @The Mood is Write wink).

For girls names, I think French and Italian ones sound like classy lovely ladies: Anaïs, Corinne, Giacinta, etc.

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
I'm on board with Damien. But also Ash, Grant, Cole, Stephan...very onomatapea of smolder eye shadow.

Can't think of specific names right now for women. But think of an olive bearing, waist-length dark ringlet-haired maiden in a toga. Something of that nature.

I am a very visual person clearly :D

Side note. Don't listen to past-me, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Sexy names on women for me are men's names: Alex, Sam, Nicky.

Reactions: Blood
Can't say I find any names 'sexy' per se. I have always liked unisex names: Riley, Avery, Sydney, Taylor, Alex. Names like that. I've always liked Marco because that's my cousin's name, and he's a pretty cool guy. Therefore, it is now a 'cool guy' name.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Blood and Greenie
Scuse me while I just... take notes here... -coughs-

• Haha
Reactions: Kitti and Joan
It's not just first names for me, although most of my characters that I can pull from the top of my head have very appealing first names in my opinion. Names like Dorian, Emil, Jaspar, Camila, Malik, Harper, Jack, Juniper, etc. And my RP partner tends to use some names that make me ''nnfff" from time to time, like Devlyn, Bourbon, Liam, Avery. * ^* Mmmm.

But surnames can be just as powerful. Prescott, Evans, Stavros. And my favorite, which my RP partner uses: Fox.

I think a lot of our choices have to do with context though. A name may not be "sexy" to someone like it is to you, and vice versa. There's a lot of attachment to the names that put a tingle up my spine: attractive people with that name, characters I adore, the meaning behind the name.

But when it comes to a name that's new to me, I think at least for me it boils down to whether or not it has appealing sounds in it. Does it feel good on my tongue? Does it inspire an image? I love the feel of words with that "il" combination. Names with a "V" usually get to me because it's that act of slightly biting your bottom lip to form the letter, like you've just seen someone incredibly attractive and you can't help but bite that lip and yearn for them. I have French Canadian blood, so the way I say my "J"s are a little soft and drawn out and it's just really enjoyable.