Several RP Ideas. Which sound interesting to you?

Which of these concepts would you be interested in seeing as a roleplay? Pick up to 2.

• 1. Roan's Charge

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • 2. Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • 3. Metropolis

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • 4. Welcome to the Jungle

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 5. The Jump

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Villains

My dear sweet nothing, let's start anew.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Evenings.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Dark Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Far Future Deep Space Science Fiction, Cyberpunk, Historical Horror, Alternate History Horror, Greek Mythology, Post-Apocalyptic, and so forth. I really think I can play in any setting if the plot and the cast are interesting to me.
Hey. After a needed hiatus, I'm back to run another role play. I've had some hits and some misses in the past, so to avoid another miss, I figured I'd list the ideas I've been most keen on expanding upon to see who, if anyone, would be interested in them. Below are very loose concepts for potential RPs. Some will be remakes of roleplays I've already run that didn't get their fair share of play time. Some ideas deserve a second shot, or so I like to tell myself.

Anyway, please use the poll to help me gauge what appeals to you as a writer. The most popular concept will be made into a Red Star rated thread when all is said and done because I try not to limit the content written by my players, and that includes adult themes if/when they come up. Life is messy. I like my role plays to be equally messy, if not moreso.

(1) Roan's Charge - A band of mercenaries seek their fortunes across wartorn lands under the leadership of Roan Arland. [High Fantasy/Action]
(2) Tower - Within a massive skyscraper, a makeshift city is created in the years following a zombie virus. A caste system divides the occupants of the skyscraper, political motivations cause strife at even the highest levels of the city, and an ever-present zombie horde is a constant threat to their already very thin margin of survival. [Survival/Horror/Slice of life/Drama]
(3) Metropolis - In the distant future where mega-corporations rule most of the world, one city remains divided into five messy sections. This is the story of the groups leading each section and their clashes amongst one another. [Sci-fi/Action/Gangs and gang-like warfare/low Fantasy]
(4) Welcome to the Jungle - A space-faring leisure cruiser crash lands on an alien planet, stranding the remaining occupants in a dense and uncharted swath of jungle. [Survival/Action/Drama/Sci-fi]
(5) The Jump - Crew of a few selected individuals volunteer to make the first trans-dimensional jump. Things go badly. [Sci-fi/horror/action]

• Sweet
Reactions: Kuno and 2drewand
I voted on Tower and Welcome to the jungle. I think both of those two would be incredible choices to roleplay and I would very much be interested in doing an rp with either or both of them.

Reactions: Villains
I agree, I love the ideas of both The Tower and Welcome to the Jungle. Both would be incredibly interesting to play out. I would be interested.

I liked a lot of these, but decided to limit myself to two votes (edit: and, you know, thats what it asked for dop). I found Tower incredibly intriguing, while Metropolis just tickled a bunch of my fancies.

Sounds like good stuff. :D

Last edited:
Voted for the first 2

Great to see all the interest thus far. I'm gonna close the poll in like three days/end of the weekish, so anyone who hasn't voted still has a bit of time.

Alright. I've come to a decision.

Metropolis will be the next RP I run. Anyone interested should keep an eye out for the future threads -- but I'll link back here when they are made to make things easier for everyone.

Reactions: Kuno
Ayyyy welcome back Villains! Hate that I'm late for the vote, but I pretty much liked all the ideas. Can't wait to see how Metropolis turns out

Neato I get to play my cyberpunk dude