Series that Jump the Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrows was terrible at the start o.o. Season 2 was far better. 3 to.

hmmmm

HMMMMMM

Super Natural past season 5.
Oh shit I forgot about this one. This is probably the one that annoyed me the most. I persevered up until the end of Season 7 but it just wasn't the same and worth it. The series really should have ended with 5 and it would have been all the better for it.

The Dexter replies are also, from what I've heard, accurate. I watched the first 4 seasons and 1 and 4 were pretty good, 2 and 3... eh. But everything I heard about the show afterwards was not so reassuring. 4's ending felt like enough for me.

Fun fact about Supernatural and why people agree it should have ended at Season 5:

Supernatural was always planned to end at the end of Season 5 by Eric Kripke but CW decided "Nope!" and gave everyone five more seasons because the president of CW said that Supernatural could go on forever, so they might as well (Peter Roth, Warner Bros. president, even said he'd love to see Supernatural go to Season 20). If you watch Season 5 closely, you can easily see story lines all the way back in Season 1 tied into the plot and resolved nicely at the finale.

So yeah, when Kripke stepped down as show runner at the end of Season 5, he was basically saying, "It's the end of the story folks." But then five more seasons came out, so whatever.

Shows where jumping the shark killed it?

Walking Dead I guess?
Though I still watch it as a guilty pleasure and it's still going.
It's only 'killed' in the sense that none of the later seasons hold up to season 1.

I personally dropped it at Season 5 (I think, it was whenever the Carnival people popped up).
Though I'm curious what the dropping point was for you, because Heroes fans seemed to have dropped it as a ton of different spots.
didn't really like season 1, it was meh, then i didn't like the first part of season 2 , then i loved season 3, season 4 was okay then season 5 was amazing, just my thoughts.

i hated season 4 of heroes, i didn't mind season 3 first half, but the second half was meh, season 2 i didn't like, but the first season was perfection.

Game of thrones all of it.

didn't really like season 1, it was meh, then i didn't like the first part of season 2 , then i loved season 3, season 4 was okay then season 5 was amazing, just my thoughts.
My own thought.

Season 1 = The best, they should have stuck with his formula.
Season 2 = Not as good, but enjoyable.
Season 3 - First Half = Still interesting
Season 3 - Second Half = Get on with it!
Season 4 = Ok, now we're improving again.
Season 5 - First Half: Finally! Back in action.
Season 5 - Second Half: Still need to watch, I've been letting it all pass by so I can just stream marathon it all later.
i hated season 4 of heroes, i didn't mind season 3 first half, but the second half was meh, season 2 i didn't like, but the first season was perfection.
Season 1 = My favourite
Season 2 = Not as good
Season 3 = Getting better, still prefer season 1. Sylar as Nathan was stupid though.
Season 4 = Wait, what? Plz no. I'm done.
Game of thrones all of it.
If you mean GoT = Perfection, then good! :P
If you mean it's jumping the shark...

Edit: Since this is Daleks yelling Blaspheme I feel obligated to tag Koschei for talking shit about Doctor Who. :P

Even if I do respect his guts for speaking an unpopular opinion.
And even if he actually does make some good points...
Because Daleks getting mad at him is just too good of a joke to pass up. :P

no i don't enjoy game of thrones, i have been watching it all and i still don't like it, but my opinion it has a huge fanbase so i guess it's just not for me.

Fun fact about Supernatural and why people agree it should have ended at Season 5:

Supernatural was always planned to end at the end of Season 5 by Eric Kripke but CW decided "Nope!" and gave everyone five more seasons because the president of CW said that Supernatural could go on forever, so they might as well (Peter Roth, Warner Bros. president, even said he'd love to see Supernatural go to Season 20). If you watch Season 5 closely, you can easily see story lines all the way back in Season 1 tied into the plot and resolved nicely at the finale.

So yeah, when Kripke stepped down as show runner at the end of Season 5, he was basically saying, "It's the end of the story folks." But then five more seasons came out, so whatever.
This is common knowledge to most fans I believe. It was also incredibly obvious as It's entire mythos arch was built around Lucifer. But in typical TV fashion "LETS MILK IT" happened.

Maaaan. How I Met Your Mother. Why make that series last as long as it did just to tell us about how he met their mother? I got so tired of waiting for the show to end that I didn't even finish it. I just went and read about what I missed, and had friends tell me about it. I have to say, I'm disappointed with that ending. The only thing that keeps me from feeling any regret is Neil Patrick Harris. I think he's the main reason I watched that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.