Serenity: WELCOME TO THE BLACK

cheers Seiji! always happy to receive help!

inputting modified stats into my profile now.

HAI SEIJI AM I GUD?

Name: Oscar Lobo
Appearance:
33nxitw.jpg

Derived Attributes:

Life Points: 20
Initiative: d8+d6
Plot Points: 6

Attributes

Agility: d6
Strength: d8
Vitality: d10
Alertness : d6
Intelligence: d8
Willpower: d10

Skills
Athletics (d6)
Covert (d6)
— Stealth (d8)
Discipline (d6)
— Concentration (d8)
— Intimidation (d8)
Guns (d6)
— Pistols (d8)
— Assault Rifles (d8)
— Shotguns (d8)
Knowledge (d4)
Mechanical Engineering (d6)
— Mechanical Repairs (d10)
— Machinery maintenance (d10)
— Create mechanical devices (d8)

Traits

Assets:
Heavy Tolerance (Minor)
+2 step Vitality Attribute bonus to resist the effects of alcohol, drugs, knock-out or lethal gasses, and poison.
Mechanical Empathy (Minor)
For the cost of a given number of Plot Points, you gain intuitive knowledge as to what's wrong with a particular mechanical device under your care, as well as a +2 step Skill bonus to Mechanical Engineering for any attempts at fixing said device.
Fightin' Type (Major)
Make one non-attack action each combat turn without penalty. Ex: move and shoot in the same turn, attack will not suffer -1 step Skill penalty.
Mean Left Hook (Minor)
Your unarmed attacks inflict Basic damage.
Military Rank (Minor)
+2 step Attribute bonus to Willpower on all Discipline-based actions.

Complications:
Allergy (Minor)
— Hay fever
Greedy (Minor)
Hooked (Minor)
— Cigarettes, coffee.
Stingy (Minor)
Credo (Major)
Never back down from a fist fight.

Personality: He's learned to cheat and fight his way through life, and all its earned him is a witty manner, and deep inside, the wish to die young.

History: Oscar wasn't born with a bright future, his father was a corrupt cop and his mother didn't really care about that. He, in turn, joined the Alliance military, seen as that was the closest way to get out away from his parents. In there he turned out to like fighting, better without guns than with them. He spent most of his basic training along the docks, making friends with one of the mechanics, who prompted him to get trained as one as well, he agreed as soon as he heard the amount of money they got paid.

He ended up being in the Battle Of Sturges, part of a convoy that was attacked and had to regroup with an infantry squadron, he got to use his skills for a couple of weeks, fixing and sabotaging enemy vehicles. He managed to survive the battle, and he, like many other men, were left without much back at home after the war ended. In time, he was in the Rim, keeping ships flying, or keeping them on the ground for a hell of a lot of time. A year ago he had returned to the Core, his parents were dead and he needed to arrange a fight there, until some thugs that he'd fought before gave him away to the authorities.

Thank God you lot actually now have someone who can fix the engine. Would have been a bit awkward if something went wrong with your ship and you didn't.

EDIT: Alright, we've got another two people joining, which will bring us up to 8. I'm gonna need to close the doors on this one, because I can't really have any more people in the campaign, but if you want to put yourself down for a spot in the game should someone have to drop out, you're welcome to.

*Waits for the final two peoples to show up*

You're over by 2 points on the attributes, otherwise,

SPOT ON, DARKY.

Name: Lester Raines

Life Points : [14]
Initiative : [d10 + d8]
Plot Points : 6

Agility [d10]
Strength [d4]
Vitality [d8]
Alertness [d8]
Intelligence [d12]
Willpower [d6]

Knowledge [d10]
--Astrometrics [d12]
--Spatial anomalies [d12]
Discipline [d6]
--Concentration [d8]
Perception [d4]
--Photgraphic Memory [d6]
Linguist [d10]
--Alien Language of Plot Significance 1 [d12]
--Alien Language of Plot Significance 2 [d12]
Scientifc Expertise [d10]
--Engine tech [d12]
--Biology [d12]
Tech Engineering [d10]
--Security systems [d12]

Highly Educated (Minor)
You were good in school, actually paid attention to the teachers, and retained what you learned. Gain +2 attribute bonus to intelligence for any knowledge-based skill roll when you try to recall some information.

Math Whiz (Minor)
You perform complex mathematical calculations effortlessly, and solve most mathematical problems without fail (and no need to roll the dice). Gain +2 step attribute bonus to intelligence for all actions related to accounting, engineering, and navigation - and in any situation that requires immediate mathematic interpretation.

Natural Linguist (Minor)
You've got an ear for languages and can learn a new one with remarkable ease. You learn linguist specialties at half their normal costs. You can also imitate and detect specific accents and dialects, giving you a +2 step skill bonus to influence or performance (and appropriate specialties) whenever you are trying to pass for native.

Total Recall (Major)
your brain stores all information you've garnered over a lifetime within easy reach. Gain +2 step skill bonus to any action in which your trait may come in handy. You may also spend plot point to remember verbatim every detail of a
past event of encounter with absolute photographic clarity.

Coward (Minor)
When danger strikes, you look for the nearest exit. -2 step skill penalty on all combat actions in which you are in danger and on equal willpower attribute penalty on any action to resist fear, intimidation, torture, or other threats.

Leaky Brainpan (Minor)
You have more than a few screws loose. As a minor trait you are prone to occasional delusions and random, nonsensical outbursts, -2 step skill penalty to influence based social interactions. As a major trait you're completely
weird and creepifying, as likely to rub soup in your hair as slash a butcher knife across a crew mate's chest because you think they look better in red. -4 step skill penalty to influence based social interactions

Non-fightin' type (Minor)
You will fight only for your own survival or in situations where there is no other choice. -2 step skill penalty to any combat actions.

Easy mark (Major)
You generally believe what you are told. In situations where you are attempting to distinguish the truth from lies, you suffer a -4 step mental attribute penalty.

Personality: Twitchy tortured genius who's all scared and twitchy but utterly gullible and nervous.

History: Lester has been used most of his life and never realised it. His genius came from his mother's side, but when she passed away he fell fully into his father's control. His dad was a notorious criminal who lived by the the seat of his pants and quickly pulled the boy out of school to come "work" with him. Lester never realised he was breaking the law, even as he helped his father clean out gambling houses, cheat border controls and swindle whole communities on the Outer Planets. When he was finally cornered by authorities, his father fled and left Lester to take the fall for him. Seeing his evident genius and hearing a few poorly-phrased explanations, the authorities threw Lester behind bars and wrote him off as the mastermind of the whole operation. Lester has been on Argos III for four years, continuing his studies and honesty believing that his father will soon be arrive to straighten everything out.

I like him, Asmo. Nice to have a reasonably nice member of the crew, instead of just anti-heroes and loonies.

Just waiting for Corvus, now.

Also, some information on the Argos III has been posted up in the intro posts. GO READ NOWS.

Not a chance, Zing. Your asses are all gonna be in D-Ring for various reasons.

Just to make it that bit of a challenge for you all to escape.

Name: Jessica Auctoritas
Appearance: Pic later
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Derived Attributes

Life Points:[16]
Initiative: [d10 + d8]
Plot Points:6

Attributes (48 pts.)

Agility [d10]
Strength [d6]
Vitality [d8]
Alertness [d8]
Intelligence [d8]
Willpower [d8]

Skills (68 pts.)

Athletics [d6] <o:p></o:p>
Craft [d6]<o:p></o:p>
--Apothecary [d8]<o:p></o:p>
Guns [d6]<o:p></o:p>
Influence [d6]<o:p></o:p>
--"Interrogation" [d8]<o:p></o:p>
--Intimidation [d8]<o:p></o:p>
Knowledge [d6]<o:p></o:p>
Medical Expertise [d4]
Melee Weapons Combat [d6]<o:p></o:p>
Scientific Expertise [d6]<o:p></o:p>
--Anatomy [d8]
--Herbology [d10]
Unarmed Combat[d6]
--Aikido [d10]

Assets: [-8 pts.]

Heavy Tolerance [Major]<o:p></o:p>
+2 step to Vitality Attribute bonus to resisting the effects of alcohol, drugs, knock-out or lethal gasses, and poison.<o:p></o:p>
Things Go Smooth [Major]<o:p></o:p>
Re-roll any one roll, including Botch results, twice per game session.

Complications: [+8 pts.]

Allergy [Major]<o:p></o:p>
Penicillin. Take d2 points of Stun each turn.<o:p></o:p>

Chip on the Shoulder [Minor]<o:p></o:p>
-2 step Skill penalty to all peaceable social actions with even a hint of tension.<o:p></o:p>
Phobia [Minor]<o:p></o:p>
Claustrophobic. -2 step Attribute penalty on actions when feeling the effects.<o:p></o:p>

Personality: Normally light-hearted and a bit of a klutz but when things get serious, she gets the job done. A listener, she has been known to be the person people go to if they need someone to 'lean on' and just talk to.

History: Jessica had several (undocumented) run-away cases when younger. Such attempts came to a halt when her mother died suddenly one year. Being as she is the benefactor of her mother's will, she was left very well off. Her duty to her mother kept her held to her father through the years, extending into her job choice in the end.<o:p></o:p>
The job title: she honestly hates it. She knows she could have gotten to where she is now without her father being the warden…damn-it.

"When all I want to do is to hole up in a quiet area and plant more pretties".

Yes, Jessica is babysitting (or trying to) her father as he gets himself further into debt with drinking and gambling. The warden has taken to using the monthly allowance from his daughter (a stipulation in the will) to further his addiction. While using the money he, eh, 'makes' being the warden to pay off said debt...occasionally. (When Jessica bugs him to do so.) <o:p></o:p>
When she's not in her quarters talking quietly to her plants as she tends them under the sun lamp, she's doing anything and everything she can to help fix her father's drunken mistakes about the ship. (Including slapping him sober for inspections.) <o:p></o:p>
"Unwanted leadership position anyone? Why! Yes! I would love to baby-sit my father and try to keep him out of debt! ....If one more inmate asks me about my 'mutant' brother, I'm going to lose it. We won't talk about silly e-ring rumors with Jessica, will we plant?"<o:p></o:p>

You can catch me anytime, you dirty copper. :D

D-Ring? Dawww... Tell me they keep conveniently placed high-explosive lying around. >:/

Nearby to your guy? Not a chance in hell.

The armoury, however....

And your character's great, Corvus. Welcome aboard.

Right, got everyone. Time to get this thing going. Dark Heresy's on this Saturday, but maybe some time next week? Monday even?

That's what you guys need to decide.

I'm suggesting Monday, probably around 11pm GMT. That suit everyone else, or does someone else have a better suggestion?

SUGGESTIONS, PEOPLE.

If there's a time that works better, say, and we'll see who can make it.

7 PM, Pacific Time, is perfect for me, but I could go later and possibly earlier, up to 3.

It's a bank holiday weekend, so Sunday night will work, and early Monday.

I'm doing Paorou's game on Saturday. o__o