Seraph of The End ;『 Owari no Seraph 』

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that. Likely has something to do with family ties.

Funny enough the JSDF operates like that, where some Sgt's have more pay and Authority than some Senior officers. Though offically all of them are "civil servents." I don't know if that pratice happened in the IJA, though I know some military units operated on their own authority.

Thanks for welcoming and accepting! Decided to make mine a Major. Didn't want to be an unhumble fella. Also, is Squad 2 Sugihara's squad?

Thanks for welcoming and accepting! Decided to make mine a Major. Didn't want to be an unhumble fella. Also, is Squad 2 Sugihara's squad?

Okay, sounds good. Yep. Squad 2 is Sugihara's squad. Squad 1 will be Yazumi's squad.

Name: Allora Vesryn

Team: Team 1

Appearance:
enVZzam.png

Personality: Allora is.... reserved. She chooses not to speak to pretty much no one, unless of course she is commanded to speak. She just likes to fall in line until the battle starts, and until then she remains stony faced. That is the only time that she will show her true emotions, in the heat of battle, when utilizing the demon that is contracted to her to gain physical power.

Biography: Allora's past in itself is very.... mysterious. With the onset of the subjugation Allora's mother whisked them away to a secluded location. For quite a few years they remained safe, until a small event which led to her mother's death, and Allora herself escaping, and eventually finding her way to the Imperial Japanese Demon Army. She was inducted into the school rather quickly, and through some drive that continues to remain hidden to everyone to this day, finished her courses quickly, and gained her own demon sword, though not as fast as a few, she made up for the fact with having developed a sword art that suited her perfectly, restructuring a forgotten sword art utilizing seven forms to build a weapon style on a tier of it's own, even with only four forms restructured and mastered completely. For now she waits contentedly to be assigned, and continues to work on perfecting the sword style that she is rebuilding.

Combat Style: A style adapted from a forgotten sword master in Japan, Allora actually utilizes several different forms to target five key areas of a body. This weapon style not only utilizes the sword and the sheathe, but also necessitates the sword used to not have a handguard. Kona has adapted four techniques to her fighting style that are as follows:
Form IV Ichigeki: Single Blow: A technique that should not be attempted in anything less then a desperate situation. The technique enforces the user to release all emotions and channel their energy into their legs and arms, utilizing the technique to end a battle in a single blow. The blow itself is a single, vertical blow intended to impact an enemy in the stomach area, and split their belly open. The technique can also be effectively combined with any of the forms, the obvious issue with this form being that it focuses the entire attack into one single movement, and this can be detrimental as it can leave the user exposed if they miss, or if the attacker choses to take the hit in favor of doing damage to the user, which is why the attack should only be used in a desperate situation, or when the opponent is off balance and their guard is down.

Form V Pashibiaransu: Perserverance: A defensive style focusing on parrying and redirecting attacks in order to force an opponent to drop his or her guard and open themselves to attack. This form encourages the user to become aware of their surroundings and wait for the opportunity to strike. This form tends to lead towards long standoffs, especially when in combat with another melee weapon user, and often the battle is won due to an opponent being warn down by a combination of exhaustion and small penetrating strikes made by the user upon an opponent. This form is best used when faced with an opponent stronger then you, or faced with multiple enemies.

Form VI Setsudo: Moderation: A mix of both aggression and defensive techniques to allow the user to battle with an opponent one on one with an opponent. This style tends to focus on mental control, making sure that one does not get caught up in the heat of the moment and expose themselves to a attack, and allowing oneself to utilize the level headedness to effectively battle an opponent, while being able to easily defend and attack succesively and with little pause as possible. This form is best for lone confrontations where the enemy is either inferior or of equal standing to you.

Form VII Domo: Ferocity: A form of sword combat that utilizes a full on attack method, encouraging the user to channel all their emotions and mix them into pure ferocity and then use that ferocity against an opponent. This form can be very devestating when faced with multiple opponents and with allies to back you up, but in one on one confrontations it loses out to Form VI and V.

Cursed Gear Name: Kona Omari

A powerful Kaze no Akuma, or wind demon is bound into the blade. The weapon itself is of the black devil series, and is centered around increasing the speed of the user, synergizing well with Allora, allowing her to tap into it's power to increase her speed and agility past human limitations to allow her to keep up and effectively use her sword forms when faced with an enemy who would otherwise outmatch her. When seen, Kona appears as a small girl dressed in a crimson Kimono and standing upon a blood soaked battlefield littered with the corpses of ancient samurai from some long lost battle.

Weapon Appearance: Allora's weapon takes the appearance of a black bladed Katana sheathed in black metal without a hand guard, making it appear to be one long piece of metal when used, and clearly a sword when unsheathed. It also makes it simple for the weapon to be quickly turned into a blunt weapon when needed.

Buy-Dragon-Brand-Katana-Sword-Japanese-Samurai-Sword-Full-Tang-Red-And-Black-Blade-Sale-b7.jpg

Awakened Ability: TBD

We might be able to form two groups now since we're growing in numbers. Can't wait. What about the vampires? Gonna stick with just Horace?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. We most definitely have enough for two teams now. They will both be 4 man teams as opposed to the 5 man teams that are in the anime/manga, though we can assume that the 5 man team is not an official number since certain squads had up to fifteen members in the anime/manga. This is perfect.

For the vampires, they will mostly be controlled by myself, many of them will be no-name, lower ranking vampires that will be killed off by our protagonists, but there will certainly be nobles and other progenitors that may come into the mix later on. If any of them are important enough to warrant their own character sheets then I'll do them later on.

So now that everyone seems to have their stuff together, is everybody ready to start? It is still final's week for me so I can't be super active until the end of Friday, but I can definitely get the ball rolling for us if everybody is ready.

Also, I will be adding everyone to the cast list as soon as I can. So be sure to look over your character sheets one more time because the finals will be posted on the Cast List soon.

I'm ready whenever. Start it up when you feel like. Yoshio will commence the trolling of his comrades shortly after.

I'm good whenever, I can just have a talk with my fellow major, or have the Squad leader mess around untill you want the ball rolling.

I'm good whenever, I can just have a talk with my fellow major, or have the Squad leader mess around untill you want the ball rolling.
By all means, feel free. I'm just doing part thesis and part checking out what Iwaku has to offer.

I'm ready too. Let's get this rolling. Maybe I can have the Shadow girl stalk some people, lol.

Perhaps we should do a practice roleplay, testing the character's personalities and checking the squad's compatibility and teamwork?

Well fixed some glaring errors I noticed in my bio's. Anyways where would we do that?

Maybe a PM conversation? I'm up for anything. Kill my boredom, if you may.

There shouldn't be a need for that. I'll have an intro post in a few hours so we can all get started officially. ^u^

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :bananaman:

Sorry guys but I probably can't post until later tonight. Gotta get my final paper finished before I try to cram for my last test tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to squeeze something in during lunch but I ended up not having enough time. xD

Ehh its fine, lets me make another small edit to Yazumi. Mostly a title and border change.

Here's a thing I've been working on for a little bit.

[fieldbox= Nakasato Takeru, LimeGreen, solid]
q6ovpw1.jpg

Team: Team 1

• A thoroughly contradictory person until the very end.

As someone who has managed to keep his entire family safe and sound following the apocalypse, and grew up in relative security, Takeru can be described as a completely normal person. No, in a world like this, it's more accurate to say that he's a complete outlier in that respect. However, that doesn't mean he has been left completely unfazed by the end of the world as he knew it; it only means that his support network is far more stable. Events experienced following the catastrophe have undoubtedly changed the young man in ways that he both can and cannot perceive.

The crux of Takeru's character centers around the idea that because he has not lost anything, he deserves nothing. Where others have suffered, he has thrived. Combined with a fundamental desire to do good, this belief has resulted in the creation of a sort of martyr complex. Because he doesn't believe he can be an ideal hero in a position like his as much as he wants to, he has taken to seeing himself as a self-styled "villain", someone willing to take guilt upon their own shoulders so others don't have to. All in all, someone who is unable to stand beside those he wants and wishes he can protect.

However, as much as he doesn't want to admit it to himself and as much as he tries his best to look for the good in others, Takeru can't help but disdain others for their actions and think pessimistically about the state of humankind. Considering he's fighting for the continued survival of the aforementioned race rather than against them, this could be seen as a rather odd belief to hold, but he also clings to this idea of cause and effect. People can't 'just' be horrible; there has to be a reason, and if there's a reason, he can remove it to prevent that outcome.

Naturally, one might expect someone with such a mentality to be a very morose person. On the contrary, Takeru makes himself out to be an overall goodnatured young man. He possesses an extroverted, kind-hearted demeanor and is a pretty simple kind of person deep down. He's easily moved and often very emotional, and acts more or less politely, even if he is a bit intense.. If anything, he's passive. He tries to avoid making decisions that would impact the entire group's objective, imposing on others, gaining recognition for himself, and prefers to keep his head down and endure rather than fight back when it comes to confrontations with people he isn't supposed to kill.

• In regards to background, there's not much to say when it comes to Takeru's. Before the vampires showed up, the virus wiped out 90% of the world's population, and whatever else the apocalypse threw at the world, Takeru was living with his parents and older brother in Tokyo. They were your pretty average family with not much to set them above or below the rest apart from an uncle who was a high ranking member in the JSDF. After everything went to hell in a handbasket, his family was fortunate enough to remain completely intact. Before reaching the safety of Shinjuku, he had witnessed the brutality of vampires, the monstrosity of the Horsemen of John, and, more importantly, the cruelty of humans.

After reaching the Shibuya safezone, Takeru was often bullied by his contemporaries for not having experienced any real suffering. Although as time went on the discrimination had lessened, even if he can plainly see the disdain many look at him with. After a few years, he, like his brother, was urged by his parents into joining the Imperial Japanese Demon Army's training program. He doesn't know about his brother's posting, but assumes that he's doing fine even if they haven't seen each other in a while. He was fairly middling in all of his courses save for spellcraft, which he managed to reach the top of.

• Combat Style: Search and Destroy
    The premise of Takeru's combat strategy is that in battles consisting of combatants with overwhelming firepower, offense capabilities have made traditional defenses moot point; the only true defense lies in distance and obscurity. Thus, the key to controlling the flow of battle lies in positioning, information, and resources. Through the use of his Cursed Gear's abilities and his own magical acumen, Takeru denies enemies of defense. Obscurity of the enemy is compromised by a targeting array, and distance is rendered a non-factor with a firearm intended for long-range sniping. But if his own defenses are compromised, he's nothing more than a run-of-the-mill soldier who excels in spellcasting.

Cursed Gear Name: Dengekiyo-me
    A lightning element demon that appears as a short, red-eyed girl that, according to Takeru, "gives off an air of perversion". A very secretive demon who likes to watch people and thinks that humanity is interesting in the same manner that watching a tragicomedy is interesting. She prefers to be called Kiyo.

Weapon Appearance: A jet black Tanegashima with neon green accents and brass plating. Shots fired from Dengekiyo-me appear as electrically charged spikes followed by a streak of lightning. In that respect, it's more like a Cursed Gear Railgun rather than a Cursed Gear Arquebus.

It fires one shot per drop of the hammer, and doesn't require reloading. However, it is possible to increase the speed and destructive power of a single shot by holding down the trigger for up to ten seconds.

In addition, as a long-ranged Cursed Gear, it grants its user the ability to precisely target enemies across vast distances through the use of a detection radius, and, although he cannot guide his shots per se, he can make them close in on a point determined before shooting.

Awakened Ability: Unknown

[/fieldbox]

Well...

I was working on my final essay and my computer exploded.

Which means I need to wait until tomorrow morning to both turn in my final and write the starting IC post...

This sucks.

We're all having problems. I had to completely replace my PC's DC jack less than a month ago and the motherfucking soldering has already started to come loose. So now I need to take it in and get him to re-solder it while the warranty is still active.

I just want my laptop to charge normally! Why can't it be simple?! T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.