Sentient Animals - Fact or Myth?

• Fact

• Myth

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I wonder how many times someone can strike their own hand with a hammer before they realize the futility and go home.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
giphy.gif

I wonder how many times someone can strike their own hand with a hammer before they realize the futility and go home.

Depends.

They may have been battering the shit out of their hands for so long they can't actually feel them anymore.

Nerve damage is a hell of a thing, man.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jorick
Depends.

They may have been battering the shit out of their hands for so long they can't actually feel them anymore.

Indeed, but then, we all have "hold my beer and watch this" moments from time to time. I had one yesterday.

Still fascinating to watch, though.

Lol. :P Take it from me, half the nerve-endings in the body are there just to fuck you up in agony vhen you bump the vrong way in-to something. Pays to put some efort in-to killing them off. You wont ever miss any of them, guaranteed.

More fascinating to me in this debate, then the mundane issue of animal sapience, is obzerving how much are you guys hell-bent against the notion of human exceptionalism over animals, basicly thinking people are no better then animals. I'm no psychologist, but I get the feeling that view somehow relates to a diminishd sense of self-vorth. Might do some research on it in fact, vhen I have time.

Now to just single out 2 points, then I'm done vith this debate.

Yes. Humans wuld eat anything, IF they are starving. But from your own argument, animals wuld eat anything even if they have other, healthyer options. That says enogh about human power of decision, over animals, vho can not decide for them-selvs in abstract terms. Big point in favor of non-sapience in animals.

Even if you'd put a monkey in front of a computer screen vith a text on healthy nutrition for monkeys, and even if that monkey vas trained to recognize letters and read... I'l bet you 1000$ it wuldnt mean anything to it, because it lacks our power of self-determination, and lacks even the atention-span to get thru the text at all.

I rest my case.

...What?

This is the second time in a week I've seen you thrown veiled insults about perceived flaws simply because you don't agree with them. You don't know any of us; assuming I have low self esteem because I think some animals have sapience and I have a shitty sex life because I made a terrible pick up line in a thread about shitty pick up lines is the heights of aburdity.

Well, I tried to have an intelligent conversation with you, but it's clear that was a wasted effort. Have fun punching everything or fucking everything or whatever it is you tell people you do just about every post, you aren't worth the effort.

Can we delete General Chatting already, @Diana? 8D

That's right, I abused my mod powers to shitpost in a locked thread, fight me nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.