Sentence Starter Prompt 9

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status

Valentines Month Special

For writers, a random sentence can help them get their creative juices flowing. Since the subject of the sentence is completely unknown or sufficiently vague, it relies on the imagination to make up a story or an idea.

Use the sentence below as a starter, and write the story or the idea that comes to mind.

Their third kiss tasted like goodbyes and a thousand things untold.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Their third kiss tasted like goodbyes and a thousand things untold.
Meg's catlike eyes shone with bright tears as his lips moved away from hers. She didn't want to accept it, couldn't accept it. He couldn't give himself up, not now. Her hands tightened on his as she gazed at him, earnest. "We'll run away. Hell, you can even fly away, Mika. Those damn wings aren't just to make you look pretty!"

A rough laugh escaped the winged man, and then he sighed, shaking his head. A year ago he would have been happy to give up his life. Anything was better than living in disgrace, training slaves to fight in an arena, watching people he'd secretly grown fond of die in brutal and humiliating ways.

Now, however, now he wanted to live, just so that he could stay with her. Meg, the slave he hadn't called by name for almost a year, using the word 'Felie' instead, referring to her by her race. It was strange how the scared yet feisty girl had changed something inside of him. His bouts of rage had slowly dimmed, and his sarcastic laughs had become much softer, happier.

And then, he was accused of treachery, again. This time, however, he was to be executed.

"I have to, Meg." He let go of her hands and placed them on the sides of her face instead, looking her in the eyes with his stormy sea-green ones. "One life versus many? That's the deal the damn Princess gave me. Either way, I'm gonna have to die. But as long you're all safe, you're safe..." He gave her a half smile. "You'll be free too, they promised."

"I don't give a damn about being free!" Tears were now flowing freely from Meg's eyes. "There's no point... not if you're not gonna be around! Please, Mika, you gotta come with me..."

Mika closed his eyes. The temptation was so sweet. He could easily break out of the inn where they had him imprisoned, fly away, fly across the sea, the ocean, settle down on some distant island. He could even take Meg with him, she didn't weight much. But what about his best friend and his family? Or the others of his race that had been threatened?

He pressed his lips against hers once more, one last time, savouring the moment, securing a precious memory before the end. "I love you, Meg. We'll... we'll meet again."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Hana