Sentence Starter Prompt 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
For writers, a random sentence can help them get their creative juices flowing. Since the subject of the sentence is completely unknown or sufficiently vague, it relies on the imagination to make up a story or an idea.

Use the sentence below as a starter, and write the story or the idea that comes to mind.

She'd fought against this for so long that she had forgotten why she even fought so hard.

She'd fought against this for so long that she had forgotten why she even fought so hard.
Maybe it was time Amitis just accepted who she was. A murderer, one who failed at even that, granted. On the run, she had returned home to her mother Anahita's palace, hoping for some forgiveness, redemption, a new path to life. Demigoddess she was, but she was still very flawed.

Her mother had forgiven her, but alas, Anahita had no place in her home for her wayward daughter. She had to leave, find her own path with no guidance from the goddess of wisdom. Amitis felt it was justice served. She fell from grace and she couldn't have expected to return to it simply because it was her mother who would give it to her.

And so she left... yet not alone.

To her side was Dilkash, a beautiful angha who towered over her, large enough to carry an elephant if need be. She felt so safe next to her young friend, even though she was meant to be the bodyguard, the protector. Dilkash had not been happy seeing her friend be banished from the sanctuary she had called home, and so she left as well. The world was a large place, and if Amitis was going to wander to find a purpose, she was going to do the same. Two people were better than one.

Together, they did not make a yin and yang. No, they weren't opposites. They were more like two flowers put together, both supporting the other, enhancing both colour and scent.

It continued that way for years, long enough that while Amitis continued to fight for redemption, she no longer realized that was what she was searching for. This had simply become her way of life, and she was happier for it.

(just a drabble, really ^_^)

Reactions: Hana

She'd fought against this for so long that she'd forgot why she even fought so hard.

But, finally, it'd been worth it. Harsh breathes broke out as she slid out the rusted sword from the belly of the opponent, his lower intestines spilling out on the fresh grass as she wiped the blade clean, the blood seeping off it like water off a duck's back. She was drenched in blood, climbing up the veritable mountain of corpses to her goal, one by one. One by one. A gnarled tree laid to her left as a sandy-blonde haired sod was looking at her, whispering slowly.

" Why? You were- I looked up to you. You were my hero. You were-"

He didn't even get the opportunity to scream in pain as his skull was cleaved half by the sword, split in twain, his mouth agape as the female knight put her foot on his torso and pressed against it, trying to get the sword to come out. The cold steel ripped out with a sickening squelch. Sheathing the sword, she left the slowly cooling corpse.

She walked up the castle ramparts, past the hallway with all it's ornate portraits, past the dining hall where there was so much food that it was disgusting to see the richness of it on display and in the throne room....the goddamned target himself. The once respected King Arthur. Playing fucking chess. Playing with the lives of his troops.

" That's what you would want to imagine, isn't it, Knight Browyn?"

He played with a rook that was intertwined beneath his fingers as he flipped the king over with a single gesture. She croaked out as she came at him, sword at the ready in case he made any movements.

" It's over, King Arthur. Your reign as the despot of this land-"

But, something made her pause. He was looking at her with a frown of....dissapointment? No, pity. He stood up and then, walked leisurely towards the gigantic throne at the end of the hall.

" I've made a little tapestry of your exploits in my kingdom. Look at it. Finest silks from the east. Do you like it?"

She saw she, herself, in the middle, slaughtering....peasants? No, she hadn't done that. Had she? Had she now? She then growled and flipped the table over, breaking the foots of the tables and causing it to crash into splinters.

" Enough games, dictator. You did that. Not me. It was you. You ordered those crossbow-men to kill-"

" You're the one playing at the game. I started to believe your eyes would open but you clearly need something more shocking..."

She reluctantly followed him, not sure what to say before trying to bark out a retort.

" Don't try to manipulate me with your honey-"

" I assure you, Browyn, this is no game. Now, open your eyes."

Her vision cleared as if and King Arthur in front of her dissapeared like a apparition and the sight of a corpse greeted her eyes. In cob-webs. Old. For months and months. Dead. Not alive. She tumbled onto her knees.

" What's going on? I didn't know that you were dead. Then, how did you kill all those peo-"

As if coming out from underneath her shadow, King Arthur walked out, clasping her on the shoulder.

" No more excuses, Browyn. No more excuses. You know why those people died."

She shook her head and then, dove into a fetal postion. No. No. No. This wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to be the hero of the fable. The knight of the story. She wasn't the

" Dragon? Villain? Evil? All of your quest has been a lie, Browyn. An entire kingdom slaughtered because you used me as a scapegoat for your actions. A dead man. And for what? An attempt at one last glory? Because you were out of employment? Because we didn't need knights anymore?"

King Arthur- no- It lowered down beside her head and looked at her, eyes like tunnels as it signed, briefly in dissapointment before standing up and walking out of the hallway, fading into wind, the autumn chill down to her boots as she sobbed into the carpet, in front of a corpse, a ghost.​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.