Sentence Starter Prompt 1

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
For writers, a random sentence can help them get their creative juices flowing. Since the subject of the sentence is completely unknown or sufficiently vague, it relies on the imagination to make up a story or an idea.

Use the sentence below as a starter, and write the story or the idea that comes to mind.

He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there.

"For evil to win, good need only do nothing."

EDIT: Placeholder for story prompt above.​

He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. 'How could that be?,' he wondered to himself. He distinctly remembered being home all day yesterday, in fact, he had been quite productive. He looked at the police officer at his door and frowned a bit, "It just is not possible," he said again, "I was here all day. I mowed the lawn, did my laundry, cleaned out the dog's kennel, paid some bills online, and then I sat down in the living room and watched the game."

The officer gave him a puzzled look, "The game?" he asked, "What game?"

He blinked, "What do you mean, what game?" Aren't you a Cubs fan?"

The officer lifted a brow, "Indeed I am sir," he replied, "but that game was three days ago."

He looked even more confused, "Three days..." he shook his head.

"Yes Sir,"

Fearful eyes lifted to the officer then, "And you say I was where?"

"Sir," the officer replied, "Maybe you should just come with me down to the station."

A deep heavy sigh left him then, but he nodded. This was not how he'd planned to start his day. He'd come into the kitchen this morning and found such a mess. He hadn't remembered making that mess but he'd cleaned it up, and was looking forward to cooking the butchered meat that he'd placed in the refrigerator. Hopefully this wouldn't take too long.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hana