Senshi no Uta

The same brooding thoughts from the previous night were once again plaguing Kei's mind. It was unlike him to feel so impatient and troubled; he almost felt like he was becoming human. "I've been here too long..." he muttered under his breath and leaned against the wall next to the elevator doors, hands stuffed into his jeans' pockets. For a few seconds, his fingers played with the elevator keycard Kenji-san had given him about a half an hour ago, ordering him to go fetch any stragglers so the girls wouldn't be late for makeup. He was about to reach out and hit the 'up' button again when the doors finally dinged and slid open.

"Ah, Mikki-chan," he said softly as he came face to face with the young woman. Noting the worried expression on her face, he took a stab at the cause of it. "The bus hasn't left yet. Kenji-san asked me to round up the rest of you lazy girls," he teased, not without a gentle smile. Catching his reflection in the mirrored walls, he had to admit he looked more energetic than he felt. "Anyone else still up there?" he asked the girl after a moment, his hands busy taming his wild hair and smoothing out his Buck-Tick concert t-shirt.

Nijiko nodded in greetings to Miyuki. It was very unlikely she was the last girl to the bus. There were always stragglers, either due to forgotten items or alarms being hit too many times.

"You're extra frisky today," Nijiko chide Tarou as he rushed up the steps into the bus ahead of her. Her expression was relaxed as she followed the dog to the back of the bus, taking a seat and then having him crawl up into the seat next to her. She had slept very well last night, and felt refreshed. Normally she didn't have much trouble going to sleep prior to a performance. It was all the many other things an idol was expected to do that would at times stress her out.

Leaning back, she looked out the window of the bus, absently petting the dogs head.

Kenji had been on the bus now for a while. He was in fact down stairs before it had shown up, though it was unlikely he went to sleep any earlier then most of the girls. Still he had many responsibilities, but there was some great staff helping him. So while the girls filtered in and Kei gathered up the last of them, Kenji was answering e-mails and glancing up occasionally to see which girl had boarded.

Noriko was one of the last few climbing in to the bus, if only because she was so wrapped up in a book she was reading. The romance manga absolutely dreamy and she couldn't help but catch up on her favorite couple during the bus ride. Except, she couldn't resist picking it up an hour too soon and now she was halfway through the book as she walked down the isle negligently fumbling for a seat.

"Has anyone else read the latest Destiny novel? It's pure heaven! ...Oh, good morning, Kenjisama!" Before she ended up colliding in to their very busy band manager, Noriko just managed to stop herself shot and slide in to an empty seat. "I think Mikkichan is still up in her room trying to get dressed. I don't think she'll be too much longer."

Momo glanced out the hotel room window again, seeing the bus outside and Yuyu waiting on everyone. Jeez, she just had to surf the web a little more after last nights party before going to bed. She ended up not getting much rest, over sleeping, then rushing to shower and get dressed. She hurried to do her hair, not that it mattered since that was what hair dressers were for, but she at least wanted to look a little presentable. Last night she was made sub-leader and it felt like she was already messing up.

She sighed before hurrying to the elevator and pushing the button..... Too slow. She quickly turned to head down the stairs then, rushing down so fast it was a miracle she didn't fall and break a leg. Her pace didn't slow as she ran through the door and passed the elevators, nearly crashing into Mikki and Kei. She swerved and spun to avoid them, stopping to give them both a wide grin. "Morning Mikki-chan, Kei-kun! I guess you over slept too." She said, looking back to Mikki. "I'm not sure if anyone else is still upstairs... guess it would have been smart to check," she added, realizing she'd been irresponsible yet again.

"Morning Kei-San, Momo-Sama, sorry I'm so late, I don't think anyone else is upstairs but I suppose we could all check if you guys would like." Mikki smiled as she stepped back into the elevator and pressed the button to hold the door open. From the bus Tarou perked up and leaped down and off, dashing through the lobby he hopped into the elevator behind the girls and Kei.

Mikki looked down at the dog and then shot a confused expression to the other two. Little did they know that a creature, much like the one that Yuyu faced was waiting for them in their very own penthouse level.

"I really appreciate the help, girls," Kei voiced with a smile. Now that he thought about it, what if one of the girls was still asleep? How would he wake her up with no access to her room, especially if she's one of the deep sleepers? Taking care of young women was a tricky task - there was almost always some way to insult them or invade their privacy.

Strange humans. I'll probably never fully understand you.

The mellow roadie's train of thought switched tracks completely as the elevator rose closer to the penthouse's floor. The atmosphere changed to something that he could only really describe as otherworldly and not necessarily the ghosts and spirits that humans love to believe in. Carefully, he studied both girls' expression in the mirrored walls, wondering if they were even able to notice anything out of the ordinary. And when the door dinged open at their stop, a gust of strong aura smacked him in the face, punched him in the gut even! It took him all of two seconds to recover before he realized just what had made itself at home in the penthouse.

Another one? How'd it get up here? How'd it get past me?!

Kei vaguely realized that if anything happened to Momo or Mikki, Kenji would probably have his head regardless of the fact that the soft spoken roadie was an alien from outerspace. "Um, girls. Why don't you go ahead to the bus?" he suggested, stepping out of the elevator and 'innocently' blocking most of the door with his broad, full-grown male stance. "I'm sure I can round up the rest of you without any problems."

A calm, gentle smile to make them think everything is okay.

"Oh, no need to call me something as important as 'sama.' Just call me Momo." She told Mikki as they stepped onto the elevator. he stared forward then, watching her reflection in the reflective doors. Her brows furrowed a little as they went. There was a strange... discomfort. How odd...

Catching the others eyes in the mirror, she gave the friendly smile she always did right as the doors began to open.

Momo paused as Kei blocked the door, suggesting they go ahead to the bus. "Thanks Kei-kun," she started, stepping pass him, "but this is my responsibility too." She said before pausing in the hallway.

That weird feeling again...

The bus would be leaving soon and there was no one else arriving just yet. Miyuki sighed quietly, deciding not to be so disappointed that no one said hello to her as she stood there waiting outside the bus. Perhaps, they were worried about her because of her disappearance last night. Or too tired to acknowledge her... Either way, it was nothing to get upset about.

She watched as Kei and Momo had a brief confrontation, taking the opportunity to board the bus when things got silent. There was some uneasiness in the air and it bothered her. She pulled a hand held video game out of her cute pack that hugged her backside, smiling at her faint reflection in the blank screen. When she was on the bus, she sat on an empty bus seat, hoping Momo would sit beside her to play a video game on the way to their next destination.

Yuyu smiled as she looked around the bus, content with the fact that everyone was safe here. If anything did happen, she knew how to handle it. Or so she thought...

Mikki nodded alongside Momo, it was strange for a leader to not wish to have an honorific but if she was okay with it then Mikki was okay with it, as the elevator ascended to the penthouse a strange sensation washed over Mikki and looking at the other two, they certainly felt it as well. Inu-chan as Mikki referred to him adjusted his stance into what Mikki would only assume was an aggressive stance. The doors slid open and the uneasy feeling shifted into that of what was almost a tangible aura, of what that was to be determined.

"This is my responsibility too." Momo said, and Mikki nodded in agreement, she felt that it was both of their responsibility and that she was going to fight off whatever was making this feeling regardless of her ability. She squeezed past Kei-San and stepped into the lavish hallway, the once comfortable area was twisted by this aura, everything looked the same but the feeling was entirely different. Before Mikki could say a word Tarou lunged forward and in her path.

"It seems that the two of you are also destined ones...very well, take these..." With a flick of his tail two more microphone wands, Mikki's in an orangy color and Momo's in a deep, yet vibrant green. "Now girls, sing into these and you will be able to fight off the-" as Tarou was about to finish he was knocked aside by the creature, it looked just like the one Yuyu had faced but larger with its fingers sharp like claws and the skin being less translucent and appearing more peach, almost flesh colored but only faintly, and the stars that were held inside glowed slightly dimmer, the creatures were transforming!

Mikki scooped up her wand-mic and began singing, a orange light swirled around her, her outfit fading away and being replaced by something that looked like it belonged on stage at one of their concerts. Her eyes closed as she felt a pure sense of love, her love of singing, her love of her parents, they all came to her mind and in a flash she was standing in front of the other two in a new outfit.

"Wha-what's going on?!" Mikki cried out her eyes lighting up in amusement and fear.

"T-Tarou!" She called out as the monster knocked the dog aside. This was all unreal, and beyond shocking. Not only a strange monster but their dog had just talked and given them these microphones. She gripped the vibrant green wand, feeling a power flow through her she did. Suddenly, Momo wanted to sing. She had too, she just did.

She lifted the wand and sung out the course of her favorite song, her voice soothing yet powerful. A bright green light swirled around her, dancing around in the shape of electric sparks. Suddenly, she felt excited, strong, light. She blinked and realized Mikki's outfit had changed. It was so cool! Then she noticed her own dress had changed too, and it looked similar to Mikki's. "Amazing~" she whispered, looking down at her outfit and the short green boots.

"I don't really know whats happening, Mikki-chan." She started, turning to stare at the monster again. She really hated the vibe that thing gave off, and she seemed to sense it more now. "But I do know, we have to do something about this thing."

The creature tilted its head at the two girls, ignoring the dog that it had knocked out of its way. Slowly its form shifted and grew, an unearthly scream resounded from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, the eyes disappeared and hair slowly grew out of its head and clothing formed it clawed its way closer to the girls and Mikki shrank back a bit. Another unearthly scream came from the creature as its head turned to face the girls and Kei before it reached forward, scratching at them.

nopperabo.png

Mikki was panicking but something welled up inside of her and her motions became instinctive, cupping her hands a bright orange light formed and she thrust forward, blasting the creature with a beam of pure love. It recoiled and another screech came out of the creature as it reached forward again. Mikki dived and hit her shoulder on the wall and cried out. She quickly stood back up and dusted herself off. She was ready to defeat this creature, especially if it meant that it wouldn't reach her bandmates.

"Mikki-chan, are you alright!?" Momo called out, jumping back as she dodged another swing from those claws. This thing was fast, and that screeching... how could something without a mouth be so damn loud? "Ugh, I've had enough of you!" Her training with her father was really coming back to her. She dodged a couple more attacks, then on the next swing, she jumped up higher than she normally could, dropkicking the monster's large head, giving it a electric shock among impact.

She landed at Mikki's side, frowning as she watched the creature start to get up again. It looked like her blow wasn't enough to keep it down for long. Worse, if this went on for too long they would make the band late. "We have to finish this quickly. How 'bout we combine attacks?" She suggested with a smile.

Mikki nodded to Momo, "Yeah, I'm fine Momo!" She smiled as Momo shocked the creature with crackling electricity! Another shot from her love beam did nothing to really stop the creature either as it progressed ever closer to the two girls. Mikki let a large grin come across her face as Momo suggested teaming their attack up.

Mikki stood next to Momo and charged, keeping up with the older member of the band, blasting out with a powerful love beam, Momo doing her electric attack. "SPARKING LOVE!" The two girls cried in unison as the attack hit the creature and it let out another horrid scream and half-melted half-faded the little stars dimming and disappearing, the creature blackening under the electricity. Another moment later it was gone and Mikki felt the costume she wore fade and be replaced by what she was wearing before.

She shot a glance to Momo and then to Kei, she was stunned it was like something straight out of a magical girl manga! Without a word Mikki hid the microphone in her pocket and headed straight to the elevator, pressing the down button and letting the doors close. She couldn't tell her bandmates about this, none of them would believe her, but at least Momo knew, and that was something...she quickly shook the thought, she had to focus on the concert, that was her main concern now, but what if another creature attacked? She at least had a line of defense.

Running out to the bus she quickly climbed aboard and went towards the back, sitting just behind Yuyu, looking a bit more ragged then if she had just climbed out of bed, "Kenji-sama! Momo and Kei-san will be down very shortly!" Mikki tried her best to be her typical self, hoping nobody would suspect a thing.

"Yatta!" Momo jumped up in the excitement of their victory. The suit faded away and was replaced with the outfit she had put on that morning. "Oh, right, no time to celabrate." She muttered as he joined the others in the elevator again. This was all exciting, but confusing. She hoped she'd be able to focus on the consert.

On the bus she bowed slightly to Kenta with an apologetic face. "Sorry we're late." Was all she said before happily taking the empty seat neat to Yuyu-chan. She so wanted to ramble about what she and Mikki-chan had just done, but that would just sound crazy!

He'd been debating about the right course of action from the moment the girls slipped past him. The way Kei saw it, he had only two options: expose himself to protect the girls or fake blissful ignorance and keep his cover. The former had several cons though. He'd have to silence the girls somehow if they found out...

But it was the dog, of all things!, that made his decision for him. A talking dog and magical wands?! Kei stepped back from the battle that had quickly engulfed the penthouse and stood perfectly still.

Just fake it, he told himself, watching Momo and Mikki as the fought the beast. Watch them, catalog their moves, techniques, powers... You may have to fight them one day.

When the battle ended, he kept up his zombie-like act until they were all the way to the bus. Then he blinked a few times, glanced around, and frowned with apparent confusion. "Hey. Wasn't I in the elevator? How'd I get here?"

Kenji looked around. That was the last of them, finally. He frowned a little as he noticed that both Moriko and Mikoto seemed very high strung at the moment, and Keichi seemed befuddled. He could only wondered what had happened, but he would have to investigate later. Now that all his idols were in the bus he instructed the driver to head to the concert hall.

"Alright ladies, you know what to do when we get there usually but before you devote yourself to the hair stylists and make up artists there will be someone that you all need to meet." In all honesty this was the most awkward meet up he'd done with his idols, but with so many of them going off onto their own projects it made sense to accelerate the new introductions. This would just be the first however.

Soon enough they were at their destination and Kenji exited before the girls got out of their seat to make sure their newest idol was there on time. He hoped she realized she was going to have to prove herself, just like every one of the girls had before.

Waiting. Dāri-Chan had been waiting pretty much all day. As she was getting carted around various places, she found quite a bit of downtime within the chaos. Within this downtime, her nervousness began to slowly increase. What if I mess up? That would be horrible! Oh goodness, I'm not even that good of a singer! Dāri-Chan'sthoughts were soon turned to the scenery around her as she rode in her mother's car to the concert hall.

Eventually, she arrived, hopping out of her mother's car. She waved to her mother, pointing at her cell phone before nervously running her hand through her lengthy blond locks. After putting her phone in her purse, she ambled towards an area reserved for the bus that was dropping off the other idos. In a matter of minutes after she got to the designated area, a bus arrived. Waiting on a bench in front of the bus, she saw a man that she vaguely recognized. Waving to him, she got up from the bench and walked towards him.

"Greetings, sir. This is the bus for Sakura Musume! Right?" Dāri-Chan politely asked Kenji.

While all of the girls were piling off the bus, Noriko had paused near behind Kenjisama. Leaning to the side just a bit to see who had just approached. "Ah, Akiko. Let me introduce you to-"

"Hi! I'm Noriko!" Interrupting Kenjisama while he was speaking to someone was a bit out of character for her, but he seemed rather stiff today. Between a few members graduating and here what she assumed was one of the new replacements, Noriko wanted to help make it a smooth transition! "Are you our newest member? I bet you are. Here, let me introduce you to the other girls and help you get ready for the show. Oh! What is your name?"

Already having taken Dari-Chan's hand, Noriko was tugging her away!

Akiko had her attention turned to Kenji whilst he spoke. However, she soon took notice of Noriko but pretended no to notice until she interrupted him. Before the girl even spoke to Akiko, she had taken her hand, tugging her away. Not wanting to make a deal with it, she just let Noriko pull her to wherever. After taking in all that the excited girl said, Akiko finally responded.

"Yes, I am. My name's Akiko," she responded, her voice hardly indicating any sort of surprise despite the fact that there was.

Finally, Momo arrived to sit down with her. Miyuki had a game system in her hands, hoping that her sisterly friend would play as well. She was prepared with the cords to attach them so they could battle it out or play on a team in whatever game they desired. In truth, Miyuki felt she had more in common with this girl. It made it so much easier to socialize!

"Momo!" she exclaimed happily. "I was hoping you'd sit with me. We can pl-"

She cut herself short because she noticed something...unusual, about Momo. If she didn't know any better, she'd of assumed she saw a ghost or something. Or... Maybe a monster like she fought with last night?

Nah.

"Oh, the new girl is here," she said quietly, standing up and leaning over the seat in front of her to get a better look. Noriko, of course, was out there attacking the poor girl with her questions and antics. It made Yuyu giggle.

"We should greet her," she told Momo, waving to Akiko. They were sitting fairly close to the bus door, so she hoped they'd be seen.