Sense Of Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean our stolen goods are now forfeit?
giphy.gif

My sense of humor tends to run to the dry and sarcastic. As well as the absurd. Some puns can make me laugh, others make me groan, but they can almost always make me smile. With people I'm close to I have a pretty dirty/dark sense of humour too.

I like more 'non-PC' (tho I hate the term) jokes that actually skewer society in a witty, smart way...which so many supposedly funny jokes don't. The unfunniest jokes at the expense of others are the ones that say nothing clever or subversive about the subject, but are the equivelent of lol [that group]

Aka lol, black people or lol, gays or lol Southerners. When you ask 'what's the joke, I don't get it' and all the person can say is 'well, they're [insert thing] and -- they're thing!! It's weird!!' then...yea. Not so much.

Reactions: Greenie
Anything witty or punny will get me. Sometimes dark humor depending on the subject. I also have a sadistic streak so slapstick can also win a laugh.

My sense of humor isn't well-received by everyone, which is half the reason why I'm a quiet person IRL. I'm morbid, I'm bitter, and I'm vulgar. I laugh at many things, and have a very asshole perspective on things. The influence of my asshole husband didn't help this when I first met him.

I do have my light-hearted and age appropriate jokes, though. Nerdy ones, too. It will make my day if a fellow nerd catches onto what I might be quoting or referencing.

As for humor I find tasteless or offensive... Nothing comes to mind really. Dead baby jokes, I guess.

Reactions: Peter Feels
I'm morbid, I'm bitter, and I'm vulgar.
Enjoy.

What did the rich say to the poor during slavery? "Work harder."
What do the rich say to the poor now? "Stop stealing from the system I made for you with my hard work."

How many black men does it take to achieve equality?
3/5ths in prison.

What are a wife beater's two favourite colours?
Black and blue.

How many SJW's does it take to do something?
False question, they'd have to get away from their keyboards first, and reality might trigger them.

What's the rapist's favourite job?
Stalk Trader.

Innocence and Ignorance are only three letters off from each other for a reason.

When will Africa be peaceful?
When the Catholic Church and Aids are finally done their jobs.

What's a Muslim's favourite sport?
Wife hunting.

What's a Christian's favourite sport?
Children hunting.

What's an Atheist's favourite sport?
Pretending to be smarter than the other two while solving nothing.

What's Mao's favourite book colour?
The blood of his people.

What's Stalin's favourite flag colour?
Same damn thing.

What was Hitler's last thought on Earth?
7.65mm.

How free are we exactly?
Well, so long as we pay our taxes, and obey everything the government says, we're perfectly free.

large.gif

Really random humor always gets me. For instance: This?
Never gets old.

My humor is biting wit and deadpan asshole'ing with a dash of cheeky racism and vulgarity. Cooked until dark and shoved down throats.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Fluffy
Contrary to my sunny disposition, I have a dark, morbid and offensive sense of humor. O__O But I am also particular about delivery and the person telling the joke. Like, racist and rape jokes are funny as hell but i'll pick up real quick if it's not really a "joke" from the person telling it. D:

Like when you hear these certain kinds of jokes from someone and at first it's funny, but then you start to realize there's a dark an NOT COOL reason they keep making those sorts of jokes and you start getting really uncomfortable because you can no longer tell where the joke is and where the reality is. O_______O

Arcadia told me this stupid joke a few days ago and I laughed for an hour. >:[

[Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:13 AM] Arcadia Lumina: <<< I broke up with my Japanese girlfriend today. I had to drop the bomb two or three times before she got it. XD

Oh jeez, I feel like my humor is all over the place o.o It can be violent, morbid, sexual, or an innocent comment someone just happens to find funny, or something that makes sense only to me because I have an image in my mind I can't explain x)

As for the humor I like; all the above and then some. Dark humor, deadpan humor, situational humor, ironic humor, wordplay, and I recently found an appreciation for puns. Racial humor I laugh at because I'm a terrible person, but as long as it's not said put of genuine spite I can go along with it.

Pretty much the only humor I don't find funny is crude/toilet humor and blonde jokes.

I would like to say I have a rather broad sense of humour, finding amusement in a lot of little things others don't. Then I proceed to judge others their taste in jokes harshly. Which, full circle, is in itself kind of funny.

EDIT:
Also here's a test.

Does that mean our stolen goods are now forfeit?
Stop stealing goods instead of ideas, that's cultural appropriation!

My motivations for this are pure evil.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
I used to be downright offended by puns.

These days I cannot stop with Dad-tier jokes.

God help me...

What's the rapist's favourite job?
Stalk Trader.
This one... It's about a sensitive topic AND a Pun!

It's beautiful! <3
They're all good, but this one specifically got to me. :3
i'll pick up real quick if it's not really a "joke" from the person telling it. D:
This isn't about you specifically, but this just gave me a thought in general.

How many people do fancy themselves liking offensive humour, but then upon seeing someone else doing it assume it's not humour but genuine?
And do these assumptions increase if they have a dislike for the person telling the joke?

Shit, I just got serious in a joke thread. ;A;
Stop stealing goods instead of ideas, that's cultural appropriation!

My motivations for this are pure evil.
I have a feeling me sitting here figuring out if you made a typo, or if this has a hidden meaning, or if you purposely added a typo, and left that 'hint' as a way me think way to hard about this is what's evil. ;A;

I have a feeling me sitting here figuring out if you made a typo, or if this has a hidden meaning, or if you purposely added a typo, and left that 'hint' as a way me think way to hard about this is what's evil. ;A;
It's not really that difficult. Think harder.

When will Africa be peaceful?
When the Catholic Church and Aids are finally done their jobs.
I probably shouldn't have laughed at that, but I did. =/

I probably shouldn't have laughed at that, but I did. =/
Humour is how the human mind reasonably deals with shock, tragedy, and horror. Without it, we'd all kill ourselves. So, you aren't a bad person for laughing at it, you're just human.

My sense of humor is all over the place.

A lot of the time (especially IRL) I make jokes(??) out of just... putting sentences together in weird ways, pronouncing words strangely ("you guys wanna watch a moy-ee-vee?"), or just repeating the last syllable of someone's name, or even just ordinary words (pretty sure I've said things like "Brovovovo" and "Gwazizizi" around here before).

I... I have no explanation as to why I do any of these things. It's just something that sort of comes naturally when I'm in a silly mood. XD I know it sounds lame typing it out here, but my IRL friends seem to get a laugh out of it. XD

ALSO, PUNS. Give me the puns. Give me the dad jokes. I may groan and say they're bad but I am lying to you.

On the flip side, though, sometimes my humor can be a lot more dry and cynical. Sometimes I actually feel the need to stop myself from saying a really dark joke because I worry it won't be received well with a particular crowd. o.o

I don't want to say that I'm really a fan of "offensive humor", though, because... meh. It depends. I guess my main beef with it is that a lot of offensive humor feels like it's trying to be offensive more than it's trying to be humorous -- and that's where it loses me. Offensive humor can work, so long as you actually... tell a clever joke. And, hell, it's called offensive humor for a reason. Imo, good offensive humor should make you feel guilty about liking it, like "oh god that's so awful and I shouldn't be laughing but I am" -- so if you can't tell a joke that's good enough to make people laugh despite that guilt? Then all you're doing is making people uncomfortable... Which isn't to say that offensive humor is a terrible thing, just that it's... plain unfunny when done wrong. And when it fails, it fails badly. O_O But, that's just my two cents, I suppose...

I guess that's why my sense of humor is more cynical than "offensive". Offensive humor feels like it's trying so hard to be mean-spirited and hit hot-button topics -- I just tell dry jokes about dark things sometimes. XD It's... hard to really define where the line is, and I guess they overlap somewhat, but... yeah. I guess it's just the attitude behind offensive humor that comes across as unfunny to me -- it often feels like it's trying too hard to say the worst possible things for the sake of shock value, and a lot of the jokes feel so stale, too (Anne Frankly, I do Nazi how people can re-use the same Holocaust jokes over and over and still expect them to have any sort of comedic punch).

BUT, yeah, I still get dark and cynical sometimes. And, hell, I've even made jokes about the murder of John Lennon -- and I think that says something about how few sacred cows I have. XP

Oh!! And self-depreciating humor. Though that's another one where I feel the need to hold myself back a lot because I'm worried that people will worry about me. o~o

What have you been telling your IRL friends about me? o_o
Nothing. o_o I wasn't saying they get a laugh out of me saying "Gwazizi" specifically. I meant when I do that to their names, and when I greet them by saying "hellolo" and invite them to watch "moy-ee-vees" with me, and that sort of thing.

...It's hard for me to come up with good examples of my odd ways of saying things that I slip into when I get in the right mood. It's all a very in-the-moment sort of thing. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.