Sekirei - The Beauty of Truth - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Brandon and Izumi finally arrived at their house the light in the sky was practically gone and it seemed that everyone and everything around him were not just another part of the background. His legs hurt more than anything he had felt in a long time and his belly wasn't any better. After the things he saw today...and the fact that this would be a repeat occurrence from now on. It made his feel queasy. Even the owner of his apartment was able to see that he wasn't feel well as he didn't question him as why he took so long to get home. Luckily said the owner didn't mind if his 'cousin' Izumi stayed over for a bit while her parents arrived on a delayed flight from another country. Izumi on the other hand was just glad to be done with everything that the day had given her and was ready to sit down and just have something to snack on if Brandon had food to give that was. Izumi was given a small protein bar. Nothing really all that amazing but hey it was something that didn't require him standing up and Izumi didn't look like she was ready to cook either. Brandon sat down and breathed in deeply, "So let me get this straight....a dangerous and sometimes deadly competition developed by Magoichi Hanabi the CEO of HMTAI called the Sekirei Plan is currently on going and yo-we're a part of it now. There are some hundred sekirei or so wandering around the city and the one you just fought was your first elimination...This is plan is currently on going as a part of the first stage correct? Well I'd think that things would be going a bit faster after two weeks or so of this." Brandon Hunter said as he decided to go get a glass of water for both of them after he saw Izumi was licking her lips and was clearly uneasy. He also grabbed a candy bar he'd been saving for later and threw it to Izumi who nibbled at it hungrily but not quickly she took her time eating it. Izumi nodded briefly after she was done and politely thanked him for the food. Brandon sat back down and chewed his upper lip. This was getting out of control rather quickly..."I see...well then...this is going to be a lot to take in...so it's you and I against the world I suppose right?" Brandon asked Izumi who stopped eating and sighed. "Yes...as my ashikabi my only wish is that I beat the others...so that I can stay with you. Once a sekirei is beaten and his or her crest taken the sekirei is taken away to a place unknown. Unfortunate but it's the rules of the game set forth by the king. And this first stage will end..." Brandon asked as Izumi breathed in deeply; clearly she was fighting back sleep, "As I said part one will end when the majority Sekirei are 'freed' from their shackles and have found their Ashikabi for the process known as winging. This stage ended only when a great number of them have been winged. This will be sooner than you'd think. It seems that, if my hunches are correct, that Magoichi is behind what happened today. Please remember do keep the plan to yourself Magoichi has ties to many people and if this got out faster than he wanted to then there will be serious ramifications. As I told you the prize for completing this is unknown however given what I personally know about all of this I believe that there is a far more darker side than just this fighting." Izumi informed him. "What do you mean Izumi? Darker than cutting a woman down in cold blood? I don't think there's much darker things than that." Brandon commented as Izumi shrugged, "I could be wrong but at the end of all of this 'The King' will truly be the one holding the cards until we finish him, and to a lesser extent his bishop, then things will quickly spiral more and more into his favor until we get more allies, preferably more sekirei winged by you or not, then we should keep playing this foul game that is my own recommendation."

Sayo-#48
"I think you'd better explain to me what's going on,"Kagermura said. Sayo knew it was best for him to know anyway. He did chase after Sora probably for information. It's best not to leave him in the dark.

"Okay. I'll tell you what's going on. It's going to be a lot to take in so bare with me," Sayo spoke slowly before taking in a deep breath. She let the breath out and started to speed talk. "What you have gotten yourself into is the Sekirei project. Well, your not too involved yet. Anyways, The is Sekirei plan is when 108 Sekirei are released into Tokyo and we are fighting each other. Sekirei are the human like beings that have powers that were found in a ship a long time ago, but that's a story for another time. Each Sekirei has their own set of powers. The one with red hair is the Red Sekirei. She is number 27, and she has the power to create fire and make it into bows and arrows, while the blonde man is the Steel Sekirei. He is number 100 and has the power to be good with machetes. There are different types, but that is also a story for another time. These powers aren't that great unless you are winged as shown by Rei when her arrows did nothing at all. To get winged, you need someone you react to an ashikabi. An ashikabi is a person whose DNA is compatible to ours and we react to them."

Sayo stopped speaking and started breathing in and out. This explaining was testing her talking endurance, but she need to continue.
"That's where you are involved. I reacted to you. Can you please become my ashikabi?" Sayo said with a sincere look in her eyes.

Rei-#27
"I have nothing against that... also let's switch that word from crashing...to living." Shin said Rei had no clue why he was being so okay with it. She was expecting denial, and the she would reassure him with her charms. It was odd that he was so okay with that.

"Come on, let's go." Shin said while extending his hand towards her. She took his hand and walked to the car. On the way there, she winked at a few people, but it didn't seem to a matter to her. She didn't say commitment to her ashikabi. She just serves him. There is no way she can let a flower just fly by,

When they arrived at the car, a person was there and she assumed it was the driver since the car was luxurious. "A driver. Nice." Rei commented with an interested look.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That's where you are involved. I reacted to you. Can you please become my ashikabi?" Sayo said with a sincere look in her eyes.

Kagemura's own narrowed. Her tale was the piece of the puzzle he had been missing. Everything fell into place. "You Sekirei - you're battles are what's causing all the commotion in the city," he concluded. "And the Triads are interested in you because of your abilities. If all of you can fight like that, then its no wonder the Rough Raiders are interested in you."

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "And when you're...winged, was it? You said that when you're winged, your powers increase. I assume that's why that thug and his crew were after you."

He set his hand down and studied the girl up and down. She didn't seem much like a fighter, nor did she seem to have the mentality of one either. Unsurprisingly, his opinion of her combat abilities was rather low. However, he didn't make a career in the military by regularly underestimating others.

"You said you were reacting to me, that I am compatible to be your Ashikabi. Tell me, what do you require of me?"

The girl's eyes lit up. "Then you'll be my Ashikabi!?"

The wolfish man nodded. "This Sekirei Project has endangered numerous civilians already. I cannot stand idly by while it continues unchecked. My job is to protect this city. If it means involving myself in the Sekirei Project as your Ashikabi, then so be it. What must I do?"

Suichi opened the door to his apartment and then remembered that there was a new guy in town. Some foreigner was his neighbor, the landlady had called him Brandon or something like that. She had asked him to help the guy acclimate to his new surroundings and being the nice guy he was he couldn't refuse her request. He glanced at Kitsune and thought that she might be too much to bring along, but now was as good a time as any to get a fair introduction off. "Hey, uh, Kitsune? Think you could entertain yourself in here for a bit? I want to go check in on my neighbor."

Kitsune made a pouting face. She clearly did not appreciate being left alone. "Come on... I want to meet him or her too!" She grabbed onto his shirt.

Suichi gave her a look that a father might give a disobedient child. "Next time, I promise. He's not used to Tokyo, so go in there and relax a bit. I think you of all people deserve it for what happened earlier today."

Kitsune let go but maintained her pouting face. She slouched a bit and entered Suichi's apartment. "OK."

Suichi raised his eyebrows at her theatrics, but felt amused by them. "I won't be long. I just want to meet with the guy. Don't mess up the place while I'm out." He said that last bit jokingly.

Kitsune nodded once half-listening and quickly became curious as she searched around this new place. It had some interesting smells. Cinnamon. Cigarette smoke. Chocolate. Those were the big three. She immediately headed to the kitchen to search the cabinets for the source of the chocolate smell.

Suichi closed the door behind her and headed for the front door of Brandon. He knocked three times. "Hey, Brandon. You there buddy?" He had never actually had any interaction with the man, but Suichi always used such friendly terms with strangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon sighed as he looked at Izumi, "Mind if I take it? I'm guessing it's one of the neighbors coming to say hello. No reason for the guys to come here this time of day." Brandon explained to Izumi as she raised an eyebrow, "You're new here? Hm well regardless go ahead just be careful. If someone tracked us-On second thought I'll come with you." Izumi commented as she got up and put her hand on the hilt of her sword but it was hidden by her coat at this point in time. Izumi wasn't about to lose just as she started to get playing this new game. "Alright have it your way just don't murder anyone." Brandon mumbled and when Izumi asked him what he just said he responded with an apology and that she should know Brandon had a tendency to mutter things when nervous. It wasn't true but hey better than pissing off the super woman. Brandon shouted that he was coming and he opened the door revealing a guy standing outside of the door. Brandon didn't recognize him but he thought he had seen him around when he first moved here, "Can I help you good sir? Me and my cousin were just about to get some dinner going." Brandon said as Izumi smiled at the guy deceptively sweetly over Brandon's shoulder. She couldn't wave and she had a hand on the back of Brandon's shirt ready to pull him at the slightest instance if something went wrong. "Sorry she doesn't talk much. Never was one for conversation because she's embarrassed about her Kansai accent." Brandon informed them as Izumi dug her nails into Brandon's back painfully as he winced slightly but kept smiling hiding the discomfort.

Last edited:
As they walked down the street Shin quite a few times glanced at her, at first he did not manage to notice it but after a few time he noticed she was giving smiles to other people... or should he say men. He wasn't happy about that... it seemed that the link he felt was weaker for her, he seemed a bit angry now as they took the next corner he saw his driver with a new car; he knew Shin too well "Master, as you have instructed me previously I have brought the other car." said the driver giving a slight bow and extending his hand with the key to the car. And behind him stood the car, it was an custom Lamborghini Aventador... and it clearly showed that he was interested in cars, or as other said a car enthusiast; but he knew that he was a bit more than that. He took the keys and nodded at the driver "I see you have company master I shall retreat for today then, please enjoy yourself and drive carefully. Good day." said the driver and began walking away from the both of them.

liberty-walk-aventador-SR-2.jpg

Shin let go of her hand and unlocked the door with the key and walked over to it, he opened the door to the car which lifted upwards and sat down in his seat, he glanced around the familiar and known interior of the car, placing one hand on the wheel he placed the key inside and pressed the big red button which made the car roar to life. The engine shook as Shin pressed the gas pedal several times, with a silent look he looked at Rei and gestured for her to get in as the co-driver side door opened. He was most definitely slightly angered by the smiles and winks she gave to the other guy, it would anger any man not just him and he wasn't the calm type when it came to these kind of things.

Suichi wore a friendly grin as he saw the door open in front of him. He felt pretty happy that his neighbor was actually there. Except, he wasn't alone like the owner had said he was. He politely explained how the woman behind him was his cousin and Suichi nodded with an understanding expression. His intuition told him her smile was a bit forced and maybe that wasn't the entire truth. Suichi had no reason to call this out as it wasn't his business either way. Then he saw the pained smile from Brandon as he explained her Kansai accent. "Ah, well, since you're going to be heading out for dinner I won't take long. I'm Habane Suichiro, your next door neighbor, the landlady had asked I help you adjust to your new surroundings since you're new here, and I just wanted to meet with you for the first time, you know. I actually just got back home with my girlfriend from dinner." He leaned back and checked his door as if to check for any signs of trouble. "I should get back to her." He faced Brandon again and extended his hand for a shake. "Anyway, glad to finally meet you. Sorry I wasn't around when you first move in, I was working and taking care of my sister that day."

---

Kitsune curious about her new surroundings and satisfied by finding a bar of chocolate in a drawer after pulling out several cans of food and some various packages and scattering them all over the counter. She went into Suichi's bedroom and jumped face first into the bed. She took in a deep breath and rolled around a bit making small happy sounds. She suddenly sat up with an excited expression on her face. She had never seen a man's underwear before. She wondered what it looked like, and she went to the closet and found a chest of drawers in there and immediately began rifling through it. She found a pair of boxers and looked at both sides. Aside from the plaid they were quite plain. This put a frown on her face. "Lame!" With that she tossed it over her shoulder and wandered into the living area.

Sayo-#48
"This Sekirei Project has endangered numerous civilians already. I cannot stand idly by while it continues unchecked. My job is to protect this city. If it means involving myself in the Sekirei Project as your Ashikabi, then so be it. What must I do?" Kagemura asked. Sayo looked down at her feet, and blushed a little. It was just a kiss, but she knew how important it was to people. "A...a...a...kiss." Sayo managed to mutter.

Sayo looked up back at his face. 'Wow. You had your chance. How do you expect to get winged when you run away? No wonder no one liked you.' Those words from Rei suddenly repeated in her head. "Come, Sayo. You can't miss your chance, again. Well, you can and it won't end great, but this is an opportunity. Take it!" She thought to herself. After the internal pep-talk, she took a few stern steps and kissed him without his consent. As a result, turquoise wings came out of her back. Sayo pulled away.

The wolfish man was surprised by both the kiss and the light display. He wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the matter. He had initially thought being an Ashikabi meant being a partner. Evidently, it meant something a little more intimate. Looking at the waifish girl - she could not be hardly a day over twenty, if that - he felt strangely protective. He elected to save analyzing his feelings on the matter for later. Right now, he and his new Sekirei needed to prepare for the rest of the Sekirei Project.

"Come with me, Sayo-san," he said, offering a hand. "My apartment is not far from here. We should get off the streets and you can fill me in on the rest of the details about this Sekirei Plan...."

"That's fine with me." Sayo said as she started to walk with her new Ashikabi. "I could ramble on, well I loved to, but there is so much to cover. There's types, ashikabis, numbers, the history, why we are fighting, notrios, and more. I don't know where to start. There is so much. It's almost overwhelming, but it's better than being left in the dark. To prevent me from confusing myself, what are your questions?"

Rei-#27
Rei watched the driver be dismissed and Shin starting the car up. The door lifted upwards as it opened, but it gave Rei a chance to get a seat in it. Rei didn't know much about cars, so she decided not to compliment it. As she sat in the car, Rei didn't feel right. Shin felt a bit different, but she just waved it off. It didn't seem like that big of an issue at the moment and she could address it when she reached Shin's house.

The car started to move as the door closed. They were on the way to his house. "My Dear, would you like to tell me a bit more about yourself? You are my Ashikabi now, so I am interested. " Rei asked.

Shin slowly increased the throttle and they drove down the street, his driving was smooth and precise he did not take his eyes of the road. The car was silent as Shin continued driving down the main street passing downtown the multiple high skyscrapers and the many people that flooded the streets, then the silence was interrupted by Rei... she asked him a question, he looked at her silently then returned his look towards the street, how was he supposed to answer that question? Would it matter to her anyway, she says she is interested but she shows opposite of what she says. A few turns later they found them self on a road that led through a thick forest... traffic was scarce as the car roared through the road "You know my name. I'm 28, I lead several family business in other words I am businessman. There is nothing other to me than that." he said as he continued up the final curve of the road.

ModernHouseDay_large.jpg

A modern house appeared and Shin pulled into the driveway, the house looked modern and fairly large behind it was a beautiful view of the valley bellow. He opened the door and stepped out of the car, he closed it behind him and walked to the other side opening it for her to step out "We are here." he said as he looked at her holding the door open.

===
"Good to know that we weren't followed here by anyone. I'd hate to wreck your house Brandon." Izumi commented as Brandon closed the door. He agreed with her on that. It'd be hell of an inconvenient to explain why his newly rented apartment became a war zone. Izumi's face didn't change much from the one she had been wearing most of the day. She'd figured that she had been wearing this entire day so why change it now? She wondered though....was it right of her to involve this man, or rather boy as Brandon clearly was younger than Izum, whom she had just met literally today? Was it right to make his life change so drastically? More importantly....would Brandon stay with her once things really got bad? She was winged now so she had little choice in the matter and she was his in all senses of the word... despite how much Izumi disliked to say that her freedom was now gone. Was it worth it really? To lose one's freedom in exchange for love? If that was even what this was.

She may now be able to grow stronger now thanks to this Brandon Hunter but she may also end up being killed easier now. Ashikabi who die bring their sekirei to the graves with them in a sense. They normally retain their abilities but are not allowed to change to be winged again. It wasn't even HMTAI's fault it was biological...as much as she guessed. She could be wrong. She had been wrong about so many things in her life so far. It was unfortunate but it was how things tended to end. And that girl Azami...she was gone as well. It felt horrid for her to say that but...also it brought up a part of her that made her feel more secure. She wiped that sekirei out with little trouble once she was winged...and she was tired as well when she had done so. Her thoughts snapped out of her as Brandon started talking again, "This place was reserved for only one person Izumi you can't stay in this apartment indefinitely. That's a problem, because I don't intend on throwing you out on the street....hmmm I may need to find us a new place." Brandon said as he smiled at her and Izumi's heart went from jumping into her throat to a heavy sigh of relief. "You nearly gave me a heart attack you know. Whatever just don't do that again." It seemed she picked the right guy at least, "I'm sure we'll work something out. I can work to support a small apartment here if there is any room so it's not like we can't stay in the same building. So what do you do Brandon?" Izumi asked as Brandon told her he was a college student and Izumi wasn't surprised he really was as young as he was.

However before Izumi could continue on Brandon's TV turned on unexpectedly and as soon as Izumi looked at the screen she was immediately frowning at the screen. On the screen was Magoichi Hanabi also known as 'The King' and he was grinning...that could only mean one thing. Bad news. It seemed that Brandon didn't recognize the man since he was wearing a dark brown wig and a fake beard but she recognized the CEO anywhere. "Hello everyone who can hear me and may I say that I am SUPER excited to be speaking to all of you today! This is a message from 'The King' coming to all his little birds and their wingers! First off to anyone knew I'd like to say WELCOME to our little game! It is so nice to have all of you here! Don't worry about people nearby whom aren't players in this plan because this message is specifically tuned to those whom have awakened sekirei! BUT~ It is also accessible to all of those sekirei whom are unwinged as well! To be a bit more clear is that others may be able to see me on the TV but only YOU can hear me per say. Now then moving on...oh and of course my lovely little ladies and boys whom are the main components of this game also can hear this! You know who you are!" Magoichi said clapping his hands and smiled. "Those who aren't near TV's have had their phones text messaged with this little speech or they're listening in on it right now, and those without phones....well I'll say they're missing this little major announcement. But before that I'd like to congratulate you on surviving the little 'wing or be eliminated northern challenge. Those whom did not get winged I apologize for not warning you before doing that but it wouldn't be fair if the hunters had no game to go after. To those who got winged on that day good job on finding your partner I can say both I and The Bishop both are proud of you so very much! To those whom eliminated stubborn ones...well while not the most glorious event it proves your one stone cold badass and you've spared them the heartbreak of losing later! But the total number of eliminations were decent chunk, a total of seven sekirei were eliminated. Numbers 61, 40, 82, 45, and finally 53. I apologize to those birds but they're fates were sealed. The winner is a man named Hideyori Matsumodo and his eliminations of 82-53-45. So many of you came close to eliminating some targets but they got away. I honestly expected better from you all. But the winner! Oh the winner! His prize will be sent to him later! A consolation prize to be sent to those who were responsible to those who also eliminated the other sekirei! Also multiple ones were winged the past afternoon on top of those! So then until then stay frosty my dear players this is your beloved king signing out...have a great game!" Magoichi stated as he went to turn away from the camera but he stopped and laughed, "ALMOST FORGOT! From this day forward you are all to form alliances with other sekirei and ashikabi! HEHEHHEHE! If you don't form alliances that is your choice but I will pay any medical bills to those whom are allied with another group! Think of this as a way to make friends and make the game more interesting!" Magoichi stated quickly with relish as his face vanished from the screen or the call ended. The ones who received text messages were told that the message would be deleted in the next five minutes.

Kagemura motioned for Sayo to hold her answers as he directed them off the streets. Given the kind of strength the other Sekirei have demonstrated, prolonged discussion about the Sekirei Project could wait until he and Sayo were out of the public eye - the last thing he wanted was for a bystander to overhear them or come looking into the sounds of recent battle. He led the girl through the alleys, noting that she clung to his arm with one small hand. He led her to his car, a nondescript economy vehicle that would not have drawn a second glance, as was the intention.

The drive back to his apartment was oddly silent. Sayo seemed like the kind of girl to ramble and enjoy it, but she seemed to be intentionally trying to reel it in a bit. He wondered if that was due to his presence. The girl seemed to take the concept of an "Ashikabi" very seriously. Throughout the drive, she did let go of his sleeve.

She's such a tiny thing, he noted idly. He studied the girl's features from the corner of his eye. Slender, fair of skin, with red eyes accustomed to the zeal of activity and life. He got the impression that she was a bundle of energy waiting to be unleashed and likely did well in making friends and annoying the rest. Her hair was long, silky, and dark. Kagemura found himself fixated on that feature and gripped the steering wheel tighter. His jaw hardened into a frown.

Would Sakura have grown up to be like her? he wondered with an aching pang in his heart.

At last, they arrived at Kagemura's apartment.

"Welcome to my home, Sayo," Kagemura said, giving her a brief tour.

It was a simple two-bedroom affair, clean, well-kept, and organized. The furniture was utilitarian, the bookshelves laden with neat rows of textbooks, periodicals, and reference materials; there did not seem to be a single work of entertainment fiction on the shelves. A plasma screen TV was mounted on the wall, but there did not seem to be so much as a DVD player in sight. Even the kitchen was spartan in its arrangement. One of the bedrooms had been converted into an office, notable only for a surprisingly cutting-edge computer with three linked monitors and a heavy safe.

Kagemura pointed to the safe. "Don't open that without my permission," he instructed sternly. "I keep my weapons in there. For your safety, I don't you playing with anything inside it, understood?" Then he pointed to the bedroom. "You can stay in there." Before the girl could get the wrong idea, he elaborated, "I will sleep on the couch until I can make for other arrangements."

As he led the girl back to the living room, he said, "Now then, you can bring me up to speed on this Sekirei Project. I'm curious what you can --"

He was cut off as the TV suddenly flared to life of its own accord.

A man on the screen began speaking. "Hello everyone who can hear me and may I say that I am SUPER excited to be speaking to all of you today! This is a message from 'The King' coming to all his little birds and their wingers! First off to anyone knew I'd like to say WELCOME to our little game! It is so nice to have all of you here! Don't worry about people nearby whom aren't players in this plan because this message is specifically tuned to those whom have awakened sekirei! BUT~ It is also accessible to all of those sekirei whom are unwinged as well! To be a bit more clear is that others may be able to see me on the TV but only YOU can hear me per say. Now then moving on...oh and of course my lovely little ladies and boys whom are the main components of this game also can hear this! You know who you are!" Magoichi said clapping his hands and smiled. "Those who aren't near TV's have had their phones text messaged with this little speech or they're listening in on it right now, and those without phones....well I'll say they're missing this little major announcement. But before that I'd like to congratulate you on surviving the little 'wing or be eliminated northern challenge. Those whom did not get winged I apologize for not warning you before doing that but it wouldn't be fair if the hunters had no game to go after. To those who got winged on that day good job on finding your partner I can say both I and The Bishop both are proud of you so very much! To those whom eliminated stubborn ones...well while not the most glorious event it proves your one stone cold badass and you've spared them the heartbreak of losing later! But the total number of eliminations were decent chunk, a total of seven sekirei were eliminated. Numbers 61, 40, 82, 45, and finally 53. I apologize to those birds but they're fates were sealed. The winner is a man named Hideyori Matsumodo and his eliminations of 82-53-45. So many of you came close to eliminating some targets but they got away. I honestly expected better from you all. But the winner! Oh the winner! His prize will be sent to him later! A consolation prize to be sent to those who were responsible to those who also eliminated the other sekirei! Also multiple ones were winged the past afternoon on top of those! So then until then stay frosty my dear players this is your beloved king signing out...have a great game!"

Kagemura frowned. He recognized the man despite the make wig and beard. He had studied the major players in the city, and this man was one of the most prominent by far. Magoichi, the CEO of HMTAI.

Magoichi stated as he went to turn away from the camera but he stopped and laughed, "ALMOST FORGOT! From this day forward you are all to form alliances with other sekirei and ashikabi! HEHEHHEHE! If you don't form alliances that is your choice but I will pay any medical bills to those whom are allied with another group! Think of this as a way to make friends and make the game more interesting!" Magoichi stated quickly with relish as his face vanished from the screen.

What the hell? How is HMTAI involved in any of this? Kagemura turned to his Sekirei. "You better walk me through this, Sayo," he said, gesturing to the couch. "Bring me up to speed."

Status
Not open for further replies.