Seize the Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anglkate

Original poster
little poem I wrote one day...possibly thinking of creating a story behind it...we'll see

On the edge of twilight is where we stand

Between the morning and the night

Light fades to dark as we nearly collide

Yet the distance is all too clear

Though forever our love burns bright

Circumstances keep us apart

As our hands but so nearly touch

We look both to our burning stars

Hoping to catch a falling light

We tempt fate and say a prayer:

Carpe noctem, carpe diem

Seize the night, seize the day

thanks Fijo. I haven't really written anything in a while and was just inspired to write that one day....partially because of Robin William's death and one of my favorite quotes is "Carpe Diem" from Dead Poet Society.

• Love
Reactions: SamIO
Your tone is really quite mature — and you handle your motif without unwarranted cliché. I find the particular degree of abstraction you've written to be especially attractive in this piece; I think you've taken away the baseness of the carpe diem sentiment and pointed toward potential implications which, when noted in light of your signature motto, might suggest this piece is of special meaning to you. :3

Reactions: Anglkate
I thank you for your comment :) I don't write poetry often anymore but I do write when my life is impacted in one way or another so yes it does have great sentimental value. Not only for the actor whom I quote the Carpe Diem from, but from my own personal life. Thank you again for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.