Seijin No Soushiki - A Nasuverse/Typemoon Roleplay

Dmitry

Edgebabby
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Kn_K_Banner.jpg

For a long time now, I've been a huge fan of the works of Kinoko Nasu and those that fit within the fictional universe he created, such as Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, and of course, Fate/Stay Night. So much so, that I've created a small rp set within that same universe, with one chapter already finished, a setting established, three protagonists introduced, a crisis coming into view, and our first villain entering the scene.

Currently, we've only just begun the second chapter, having not even cleared the first round of posts. As such, I'm looking to see if anyone else would like to join our little club and add their own character to the tribulations of Misaki in 2015. Please note, that if you are only familiar with the fate series, let alone if you are not even familiar with that, you will likely be lost in some of the story. That said, I hope to here from some of you soon for some mystery, action, comedy...romance?

Here's Ch.1 if you'd like to catch up!

Nasuverse that's not just Fate? I'm interested. Could I get a general run-down of the setting and such so far? Or a link to the character/OOC thread if there is one?

I honestly prefer the stuff like Tsukihime over Fate. There's more interesting weirdness there. Although not sure I have any solid character ideas for anything, it can't hurt to look around a bit.

I'm a little confused, which part of the Typemoon-verse does this take place in?

It technically takes place in the same city as tsukihime, but the story is kinda going in its direction. It will rely more heavily on spirits and true demons and the like. The main idea up to this point is that there have been a string of mysterious murder/suicides that have been revealed to be caused by possession. Naturally, someone or something in the city is orchestrating this phenomenon and it's up to a brave few to figure who or what and stop them.

I understand if this is a vague start, but I didn't want everything laid out at the get-go. What's more, I want this to be as much a collaboration as possible, rather than just me throwing a fanfiction at people and hoping they traverse it a certain way. I should also point out that I'll likely only add one or two more people to the current roster, this being merely an attempt to see if I missed any fellow Nasu fans.

If you're looking for something to compare this too, it's probably closest to Kara no Kyoukai and Mahoyo in terms of story elements so far, although my own personal writing style has reflected fate and tsukihime.

Anyway, that was a longer response than I intended, sorry about that! 😅

Good to see you again, @R-9 Pilot

Ah, okay! Sadly I only know the Fate series well-ish so I can't say I know what the others are like for me to be able to understand them. Sorry!

That's fine. I wouldn't try to push something you can barely follow. However, I definitely recommend Kara no kyoukai. It's from the makers of fate/zero and the remade stay night and introduces a lot of core Nasu concepts.

Hm, I'd have to think of what sort of character I'd want to run. I do have an idea for a magus that might work. Or I could probably cook up a solid detective and sometimes paranormal investigator. Not sure if anything else immediately comes to mind, though.

If it helps, we already have a demon hunter, a church exorcist, and some schmuck with a bad habit of getting caught up in shit like this.

Personally, I like the idea of having a magus in the mix.

There's honestly nothing that stops me from combining the two ideas, anyway. Wizards gotta make money somehow.

I'd be down for this. Maybe an Psychic or a Mixed Blood, tho having the latter with an actual Nanaya would be pretty sus.