3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Welcome to my new interest check! I'm out looking for a new partner again and I've got a plot that I hope will be able to tempt someone out into a game. I've been in the mood for a good romance lately so I thought I'd thought out this story to see if anyone else was interested.

Before we get into the juicy parts though there are a few formalities we need to get through. I can tell you're thrilled. Never the less, this stuff is important so let's get to it.

Expectations:
  • Length - This is always a tough one for me to decide on. I prefer quality or quantity, but I also don't like getting really short posts. If it's possible, I would like you to be able to post 2+ paragraphs. The more you can give me the better because it give me more to work with when I reply, but don't feel like you need to force yourself to be overly wordy. Just be sure you focus on giving me some good content to work with and I'll do the same for you.
  • Style - By this I mean your usual roleplaying style. This plot is going to require you to play multiple characters as well as your own. I'd also like you to be pretty confident in your story building abilities. I say this because this plot is one I have developed quite a bit, but I want you to be able to come in and make your own changes whether that means developing an area I haven't done much work in yet or maybe even changing some of my ideas to make things better. Either way I want you to feel like you can make this plot your own so that we can both have a lot of fun with it.
  • Grammar - I'll be the first one to admit I'm not the best at grammar, but I do appreciate well-written responses. Please do your best to keep your posts error free, but know I understand occasional mistakes.
  • Activity - I tended to post anywhere from once a day to once every few weeks depending on my homework schedule and the amount creative energy I have. I would like to be able to post once every few days, but I'm pretty flexible. Just now that I won't be able to post multiple times a day. I'm also pretty willing to work around your schedule so don't feel pressured to post a ton if you're unable.
  • Romance - Since this roleplay is going to be largely focused on romance, I thought I'd mention a few things about that. First off, this is not a mature plot and I would like all physical actions our characters take to stop at kissing (PG-13). No fade-to-black or suggestive wording please.
  • Limits - Violence is something that really doesn't bother me, so all you have to do if follow the site's rules about that. I don't know how much violence there will actually be in the plot, but we can figure that out later. As far as language goes, I don't mind swearing, but please don't have characters that curse every other line. I find it very distracting and annoying. If the situation calls for a character to curse, that's fine by me, but don't add it to all their dialogue.
And that's that end of that. Now we head into the actual plot. Just as a note, I have a lot of information about this plot, but I'm only going to include a little bit here. If any of this interests you, then I'll fill you in on the details elsewhere.

This will take place in a fictional world in a country called Orre. It's a fairly sizable country located on a peninsula cut off from the lands around it by rough sea and high mountains. This country was originally founded by an old empire which ruled nearly the whole world in its glory days until it collapsed and left the colony it planted in Orre to die. Seeing the land abandoned, men from the mountains came done to claim the new land as their own and began massacring the remaining people. In the midst of this chaos, three men rose up to lead the people. These men continued to lead the people until they had taken the country. Upon their victory, one of the men was named king while the others became nobles that served at his side. This lead to the country's system of government which is a monarchy with several noble houses that serve as the king's hold on the country. Each house governs a portion of the land and in turn helps the king to care for the land while he maintains the good of the kingdom.

Now the house that claimed the kingship was called Edrich, and the two families that were considering along with them the founding pillars of Orre were Marciano and Keanin. For many years, the Keanin family stood as one of Orre's strongest defenders as they ruled the lands nearest to the mountains which were often at risk for attack. Then many years after claiming the land, Orre came under attack once more, this time from the country across the sea called Naria. The war between them was a long and hard one. Naria was known for its navy and so they had the advantage in the water where the majority of the battles were fought. It was during one of the worse battles that Reith Keanin, the head of the Keanin house at that time, quit the field, leaving hundreds of men to die including his good friend, the head of the Marciano house. The battle was won despite it all, but many lives were lost. After the Narian navy was finally defeated, Reith Keanin was tracked down and brought in to face punishment. He was executed and his family was stripped of their status and sentenced to death. The family fled to a town on the coast where they lived in poverty for many generations.

Twenty years prior to current event, the current head of the family, Ethan Keanin, saved a town in the mountains from an attack from the men that live past the mountains. Thanks to his quick-thinking the village which would have been wiped off the map by such an attack survived and were indebted to the family. Using their accomplishment, Ethan went before the king and demanded his family be returned to their place among the nobility, saying they did not deserve to continue to wallow away in exile for one man's crimes. The king took pity on them and allowed Ethan and his family a place among the nobility once more. It has not been an easy road for the Keanin family though as many of the other nobles still do not trust the family. Winning their place back has been a slow moving process.

This is merely the beginning of the country's problems. They are also in the middle of a terrible famine which had sent food prices skyrocketing, meaning that only the wealthy can afford decent living conditions. While some of the nobility have tried to get food to their people, there is little anyone can do. The people, however, are less than understanding and many fear that revolt could be just around the corner.

As if that weren't enough the current king has recently grown ill and found himself without an heir and no extended family to come forth to claim his throne. Knowing that his time is short, he decided to choose a successor from among the nobility. Each house (save for Keanin) must put up a candidate to claim the throne. The problem, other than the usual rivalries is that shortly after the announcement, these candidates begin to turn up dead. Someone is killing the potential heirs and everyone is a suspect.

Amid all this chaos the female heir to the Keanin house (my character) and the male heir to the Marciano (your character) meet in the middle of the chaos and find themselves drawn together. They find that they're falling in love despite their backgrounds, all the while they are drawn deeper into the plot against the heirs as your character becomes a target as son of one of the oldest and most respected houses puts him at the top of the king's list to act as heir.

Honestly, this is just the bare bones of the plot and a lot can be changed around. I want us to work together to take this beginning of a story and make it something great. There could be action or it could all be intrigue, maybe even some fantasy elements so long as they fit. I'm very flexible when it comes to plotting with my partners.

Anyway, that's enough of that. If this sounds even a little interesting to you, please send me a PM and we'll get to talking. I can't want to get started. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
I updated the plot summary a bit to make things clearer. Still looking for a partner! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.