Seeking MorF for Japanese culture and yokai RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cammeh

Original poster
This is a request for someone to play alongside my character Kaede. He is fairly new in Japan, having moved there to live with his father, whom he had previously only known through birthday cards and old photos from his mother. The move was quite sudden and a bit shocking to him, as were the circumstances. His mother died suddenly after a bout of the flu which caused heart failure due to a previously unknown heart defect. In her will, she revealed a parental agreement that in case of her death before he reaches legal adult status, he was to go live with his father until he reached maturity. His father is very important (and busy) as he serves as chief advisor to the Imperial family.

The RP partner I'm looking for needs to have at least an intermediate writing level, and also have some knowledge of modern Japanese culture and yokai (legendary creatures, such as ghosts, monsters, spiritual beings, etc.) because, unknown to Kaede, he and his father are both Kirin. You don't have to be an expert, I'm certainly not, but a knowledge of basic Japanese (real-life) customs/culture and a willingness to look stuff up is definitely good enough!

I'm mostly interested in playing some slice-of-life to develop Kaede's character, so I'm looking for someone to play a classmate, new friend or mentor to Kaede. I'd rather stay away from any romance at the moment. He's going through enough changes as it is. They may or may not also be yokai as well, it's up to you. Or maybe you could even be his father if you're feeling ambitious. Kaede arrived just before he turned 16, so he's had one birthday there that his father organised to help him get to know some people in his class. There are also ambassadors' children that he knows, but he goes to a prestigious public school, not an international school, so most of his circle will be Japanese teens.

I'm definitely interested in working with you. I will pm you with a couple character ideas and give you an idea of my writing style :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Cammeh
Status
Not open for further replies.