Seeking Adventurers; Seeking Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably be posting tomorrow as this is the first chance i've had to look at your most recent posts since the site went down. Sorry about the delay, I just don't want to rush anything.

Alright, so I'm assuming in his next post is where we meet Tied's character, and then things happen :D

Ok, one more thing *childish singing*Skoll and Violet sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S...-

okay! kidding kidding! nobody start blushing :3

Just posted, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding my last post and good luck :)

We should collaborate on the types of creatures and challenges we face along the way

Dedtoo: What do you think of the worms? Or maybe the spiders, I'm trying to think which kind of creature might be most dangerous to a couple of skeletons. The worms would probably swallow them whole and be though to break through, and could be disintegrated from the inside .3. It'll be a challenge if there is danger involved.

Akuma: Chimera or treant, the treant I find interesting because of Pyral's past. We can probably do both. Whatever floats your boat

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Tegada

Race/Species: Treant of the Teak family

Favorite weapon: Two-headed wooden warhammer (Looks like an ornate long bo-staff with wooden square mallets at both ends)

Bio: Originally, it was a great teak treant, guardian of it's forest. It performed it's task dutifully until a powerful warlock fell upon it; and of very fine quality did the warlock find Tegada. As such, he bound it to a very grim fate; reduced from the mighty giant of hardwood it was carved and bound into a puny life-sized teak articulated (and highly detailed) puppet of a man, using the very wood of it's former body. Despite his reduced form, his soul's fury was not hindered; and as such he managed to take his revenge by murdering the warlock during his sleep, with the very blade that was used to mock him. Grieving the loss of his previous form, he took a chunk of his former body to carve his unique weapon. It took him a whole generation; but bother him it did not, for his soul was eternal and his body extremely resilient. Not having the courage to return to his peers, he stole a change of civilian clothes from the vile being which defiled him, and went on, trying to find renewed purpose.

Appearance: With the clothes, one would probably not notice his true nature if he was immobile; for he looks very much like a strong young but bald man in a set of leather clothes, covered by a thick but tightly-woven wool cowl and cloak. Hiding under these clothes are the joints which give him motion.

Strengths and weaknesses: Being a creature set in motion by the power of a soul which moved a gigantic mass of dense wood, his speed is improved and his strength immense under this form... alas it comes at a cost; fire and sand are his bane, he cannot be truly silent as his joints grind together, which is worsened shall he not hydrate them properly and regularly. Sadly, his now exposed 'flesh' also require semi-regular treatment against the degradation wood tends to be mistreated with; lest his body ends up rotting away or splintering.

I am sorry to say that I think your character is potentially very vulnerable and for the most part goes against the lore. A treant is a living tree and being carved into a puppet would most likely kill it, I also don't have any lore regarding warlocks as I wanted to steer clear of any demons/dark magic. Is there any chance you could edit your character to fit slightly better into the world or perhaps if you had any other character ideas?

Will do, but my time is short, will post a new sheet tomorrow.

Name: Gattiyu​
Race/Species: Treant of the Polybalsa family​
Favorite weapon: Solar Yew recurve bow​
Bio: Gattiyu (Gat for short) is a very young member of an unique species of treant. Unlike most treants, the Polybalsa family is not a tree inhabited by a soul - it actually is an actual vegetal that imitates incredibly well the form and life of mammals; humanoids for the most part. This species have evolved to have a culture, language and traditions of their own. They usually live in spacious forests (legends of village folks who have seen the species attribute the larger clearings to a group of this species having migrated), and being plants, they still do feed on nutrients (although their roots are hidden within, in an analogue of the animals' stomach), aerial carbon composites (through the curly foliage at the top of their heads), water and sun (as such, they love afternoon naps). The tribe from which Gattiyu comes from had taken heavy influences on a particular elf culture, the elves in question following a tight relationship with nature. Alas, one of the shared ritual was a pilgrimage - a long journey to find oneself and a knowledge to help the tribe. And Gattiyu eventually came of age, and as such was sent with all of his learnings in the tribe, a Solar Yew recurve bow (Solar Yew was a relatively rare wood which is known for it's ability to absorb sun throughout the whole plant, using the energy to mend and repair cracks and damage) , and a set of clothing offered by the elves to help blend with the crowds.​
Appearance: From afar, one would never tell it was not animal. He looked like a perfectly normal, albeit tan and large young man with green hair garbed in woven linen clothes. Upon further inspection, though, one would notice his skin to be rather rough to the touch, and his hair to be not unlike green, curly lettuce. As for the eyes, they looked especially crystalline. And of course, the most obvious trait would be the lack of nose (considering his species breathe through their "hair". Other notable features would be the complete lack of nails and teeth.​
Strengths and weaknesses: Being a cousin of the Balsa tree, he is in himself slightly flammable, although MUCH less than most wood creatures due to large amount of water present in his body. The drawbacks of being a plant is to be a bit slower and having a much rougher time in areas inhospitable to vegetal life (without mentioning the subtle scent he leaves behind as he goes and his inability to swim due to his increased mass)​
Hope this is more lore-friendly. If you feel this character still doesn't fit, I have a third one (a stone golem, this one) that I could use that involves nearly no deviation from the standards.​

Last edited by a moderator:
That is much better, I especially like your backstory here, one complaint treants are not MUCH stronger than other species especially the more aggressive races, apart from that its great. Bit sad though having a stone golem would have been amazing for the plot I have planned.
You will have to catch up on the story so far (https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/fall-of-ortul.30824/) and follow along with the story until I give you your opening to jump in once they leave their current location.

Well if you don't mind it, I can easily play two characters. Also, let me edit - I just assumed that they would be - considering they're wood.

But yeah. If you want, I can bring in my stone golem as well.

Can't take two of your characters into the group right now, want to keep the number manageable. Somebody else may or may not be joining when you do. *wink

Alright. Well just drop in a message whenever you want the golem to drop in (I'll be preparing and PMing you the sheet for approval tomorrow - I probably should go to sleep once I have read up, I work tomorrow - WOOHOO FRIDAY THOUGH).

Edit: Just read the first post, and I'm actually surprised - the bio I had planned for my stone golem actually fits in that lore.

PS: I won't be home 'till 4:00 GMT-5 roughly.

2nd edit: Read the last segment of the story for now (from your latest post to the end of the thread), and seeing you seem to follow a DnD DM post format, I feel this is sufficient - let me know if it isn't (Awesome story so far by the way)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
That all sounds great, eagerly awaiting your arrival to the story

As I tried to say: Worms are good to me! As good as any other monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.