Seeking Adventurers; Seeking Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're going to write the backstory for us?

I'm okay with it though, I guess I provided enough detail for you to get a good backstory.

Just to clarify i'm not going to literally write it into the thread, just want to have some ideas to work with character storylines. Please feel free to post your own origin stories/ character development throughout, just wanted a basic template to work of....(i.e. Victim of slavery, human ex-militia or had to relocate homes).

Okay, well my characters backstorys (or lack of, in Dead's case) is pretty obvious why they want to fight against the king. It's mentioned that the humans have and are destroying forests and the natural lands, which is a good motivation for Pyral.

By the way, why does the thread say 'closed signups', don't we want a few more people to join in?

Just wanted to make sure people came through this thread first.
Yes the backstory for your characters were already pretty well flushed out, I mainly want to get an idea in my head of each character's motives so as to best challenge them later on

Name: Collem North
Species: Human, not magical

Personality: The past decade hasn't been a kind one for Collem. He can seem very humorless, cold, hell, ya might even say heartless at times. If you pay enough attention and you spend enough time with the guy so that he warms up to you, you might get an idea of what he used to be like. He used to be a friendly enough sort, with a sense of humor and a fondness for singing and hard work. Might be under the right circumstances he can be that person again.

Equipment: A dusty traveler's cloak is worn over his worn armor/uniform. His sword is a quality blade, given to him by his commander as he lay dying during the rebellion. He still carries his wedding band. Miscellaneous supplies an adventurer would have: some food, a canteen, etc.

Bio: Not every human has benefited from the expansion and conquest undertaken by their race over the past 9 years. When the conquest began, Collem North's farm was seized by the king's men and demolished to make room for a factory constructing war machines. Now destitute, his wife left him for some noble type who lived by the Six Horned Palace, and Collem was scooped off of the streets, given a sword and a helmet and sent to fight in King Gaiwan's name. For 8 years Collem fought. He saw friends and innocent people die, and killed more than a few of the "enemy" himself. When the rebellion started he was quick to join with Captain Stoneworth and the others. Seven months later, as the king's men crushed the rebellion, Collem and a handful of others managed to punch through the encirclement and flee the city. After 9 years of killing, a man finds he isn't good for much else. He has spent his days since then wandering; taking odd jobs a freelancer, a sword-for-hire. He heard rumors of a place, Pinegrove, where some were still free from Gaiwan's influence, and has been headed in that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TiedInBone
Yay! Welcome Glazer, or...welcome when you become accepted, I don't think it'll be a problem though :)

Great bio, if you could join http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/fall-of-ortul.30824/ and follow the instructions in the first post.
Also quick side note both the Crystalline Mountain and Pinegrove are important locations for the story but are not close to one another, on the contrary in fact the Crystalline Mountain is in the South Western corner of the world whereas Pinegrove is very Northern.

Ah, thank you! I made some changes to my bio to fix that geographical oopsie.

This should be enough people for now, if anybody else wants to join there might be an opening to later.

By the way, nice new avatar TiedInBone

It's a really cool campfire :D Looks awesome in the pic

Thanks, it's my alternative to digging up weeds

Sorry about this guys but I will be unable to advance the story until tomorrow.

That's okay, I understand.

I think it's going well thus far anyways.

Well, since you have enough people, I suppose this is my application for a later joining at some point.
That is, if you're fine with a hardened Skeleton warrior joining the party at some point or another. ^-^

Reactions: TiedInBone
Status
Not open for further replies.