Seeking a New Partner (Coffee and Cookies Within)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Good day/afternoon/evening. I'm Tinder and today I am searching yet again for a new partner. I do indeed have a few plot ideas for you today, but first I'd like to let you know the traits I'm looking for in a partner if that's alright. :)

Traits I'm Looking For:
  • Length - As a rule, I prefer content be placed in order of importance over length, but I have also found that short posts tend to kill my interest in a roleplay. Because of this, I'd like to ask that my partner be able to post at least two decent paragraphs per post. If you can post more than this, that would be great too. I tend to try to live up to what my partner posts, so when you post a lot, it motivates me to do the same in return. I can deal with less if the plot is at a slow point, but under no circumstance will I accept one-liners. Sorry but like I said short posts kill my interest in a roleplay, especially one-liners.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. The occasional spelling error or grammatical error is fine, but I would like them to be only occasional. Please be able to write in third person as well and stay in the correct tense. Again, the occasional mistake is understandable, but I tend to be distracted by repeated errors. Sorry if this one seems a little daunting, but don't let it turn you away. If you're concerned about it, please bring it up and we can discuss it. :)
  • Activity - Okay, this is subject to change, but right now I would like someone who can post fairly often as in at least once or every other day. I don't mind waiting for posts, but it is discouraging to wait for weeks just to get a single post. I'm usually fairly active myself and I can post multiple times a day if I'm really in a writing mood, and I have a lot of time for roleplaying in the summer. This will most likely change when the semester begins for me though, just as a warning. Also, if you have concerns about this, as with anything, feel free to bring it up with me.
  • Writing Style - By this I mean how you usually roleplay. I'm looking for someone who will take an active role in creating the plot for the story with me. My ideas this time around aren't as developed as my other ideas have been, so we will need to work on them a bit. I'd like you to be able to make the stories just as much yours as they are mine. I also would appreciate strong, well-rounded characters. For me, they are what make the roleplay. Please be able to handle side characters as well.

Okay, I know that seems like a lot, but I like to be specific so that I don't surprise you with anything while we're planning or once we've started. I'll admit I can be a little picky about some things, but please don't let that turn you away. For as picky as I am, I am also very reasonable and friendly. If you have any questions or concerns, just tell me and we can work through them together. :)

Now I should tell you a bit about myself. After all, finding a partner is a two-way street.

Comments on Myself and Limitations:
  • I can play both genders, but I do prefer to play women as I am one. That really only applies to my lead characters though, as I often use many different side characters of varying genders. Also I can be talked into playing a man if I can think of a role that I would like to play. I don't really enjoy doubling though, as I tend to focus on one character rather than giving them both the amount of attention they deserve.
  • Please tell me if you're going to be gone for an extended amount of time or if you've lost interest in the roleplay. I have been left in the cold by partners before and I really don't like when it happens. I put a lot of thought into my roleplays and it's always sad to see one die before it even starts because my partner disappears. I understand that life happens, but I just ask you to be upfront with me when it does.
  • I really like to be detailed when building the world and plot of my roleplays so be ready for some serious brainstorming. ;)
  • Romance - I enjoy romance a great deal, whether you want to make it love at first sight or the more realistic relationship that builds over time. I am a bit of a romantic at heart though, so I enjoy relationships that are less realistic and a little mushy (for lack of a better term). If you don't normally take you romance in that direction, I may not be the partner for you. On that note, I will not include anything in in the roleplay that would exceed a PG-13 level. This means I would like to halt the physical part of the relationship at kissing and no farther than that. Also only MxF relationships please.
  • Violence - I'm not really bothered by anything to do with violence or gore, so just follow the site's rules and we'll be fine. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know.
  • Language - I can handle language, but I do ask that you keep it to a minimum. If the situation calls for a curse, then I don't mind, but just don't have your character cursing every other word. I find it distracting to have to read through.

So, if you've read through all of that, you get a cookie (I told you they were in here)! Now we can move on to the bits of plot ideas I have. Again, I admit these are not very developed, but we can work on that together. There are basically two types of roleplays that I want to do right now: fantasy romance and a mentor/guardian story. I'll put up both of my ideas.

Fantasy Romance: This one actually has two ideas I would be okay using.

1. She Who Walks With Spirits - I've attempted this plot before, but it's never gotten off the ground. Basically, there is a girl who has been able to see spirits and interact with the spirit world since she was a child, but has no idea why. Then a few days before her sixteenth birthday she is attacked by the spirits and saved by another (your character). They find out she is a bridge between their worlds, the first in many years, and that she must now take over the role as guardian over the balance of the worlds. As for your character, the only requirement I have is that they are male and a spirit of some kind. Also, this spirit world is based off of Japanese mythology, so I would ask that you would find a creature out of there to use for your character. I can go into my detail about the plot if you're interested, but these are the bare details.
  2. Fairy Curse - This is another idea that's been knocking around in my head for a while. The idea is based off the fairy tale of Thumbelina/the animated version I saw when I was little (http://hca.gilead.org.il/li_tiny.html). The Thumbelina of my version was not a small person, but rather a woman who was taken into the realm of the fairies through magic. There she did something to upset a powerful fairy who swore he would have his revenge on her offspring. Years later, her daughter (my character) is drawn into the fairy realm by the fairy so that he may finally have his revenge. There she must find a way to survive with the help of your character. This one is very vague and has a lot of room for improvement, but I think it could work. Again the only requirement I have of your character is that they be male and a fairy of some kind. I've got some ideas for how the fairy world works, but that will need some work as well.

Mentor/Guardian Story: This one doesn't really have a story with it, but I think it would be fun. Basically, I would to play the mentor/guardian to a young character. This could have several incarnations. I would like this to be a fantasy setting, either medieval or high fantasy of some kind. A good reference for what I'm looking for would be the anime Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moribito:_Guardian_of_the_Spirit). Basically, I'd like to play a female warrior of some kind who, by some circumstance, finds that she must care for a young student/charge. We'd need to decide just what the reasons are for her training/protecting them in order to come up with a plot, but that's the just of it. We could add any number of other elements to the plot.

Another interesting take on this for me would be perhaps using the Star Wars universe, though the roleplay would not involve any existing canon events or characters. I am a bit reluctant to offer this as I have found I don't do fandom roleplays very well, but I think it could be fun to focus on what it would be like for a Master and Apprentice in the Jedi Order.

Both ideas would focus primarily on how our characters relate to each other over time, though we can certainly put in other plot elements as well.

So, that's the just of it. If you're interested in any of this, send me a pm. I don't bite, so don't be shy about talking with me. I love to meet new people, even if we just chat. I look forward to roleplaying with you. :D

I'll give you cookies too, since you gave me some. ^_^ I read over your lovely post here and I believe we'd click well as partners. I'm interested in either the Fairy Curse or Mentor/Guardian. I'd love to hear more about either one.

Hello, I'm very new to this site. I joined a while back but haven't actually been active, and now that I'm trying to, I feel that a onexone would be a good start. Here's a little bit about me:

Traits:
  • Length - I've never been a one-liner and when I started I tried to make it a solid paragraph. Nowadays I can easily adapt to others lengthwise. However, I don't like superfluousness, length for the sake of length, because I've had a partner like that and I found it very hard to reply with equally long posts since I felt I had little to work with in terms of story/character/relationship development.
  • Grammar - I'd like to think I've good grammar. Writing in third person and staying in the correct tense is no problem.
  • Activity - I have set my limit of inactivity to twice a week, but plan on being more active than that. It will be easy if the roleplay is good ;)
  • Writing Style - I like what you said very much, I like to be an active participant in story creating because being dragged along and not knowing what I'm allowed to do or not to do to change the plan or veer it is frustrating. I also like the idea of having an open discussion. As for characters I like to make them imperfect and flawed in some way or another, and I like to challenge myself so they're not entirely typical. I can do well rounded and normal though, it's fun to do once in a while. I only recently started using side characters and while I lack experience with them I find them to be very useful and fun!
  • To learn more you can check out my RoleplayResume, although it's not that extensive D:

Comments on Myself in response to yours:
  • I can play both genders, but I prefer to play men. It's not hard to talk me into playing a woman, but she will be far from girly, though I think I can do feminine. That's just pertaining to main characters, side characters are no prob. I'd like to believe I can handle doubling, and if it is asked of me I'll do it and not expect my partner to do the same. I'm adaptable and accommodating.
  • I am guilty of doing this. Life happened and I did it to an RP group and a stranger on this site when I first started. From it I have learned my lesson and I have vowed to myself to give notice if it ever happens again because when I decided to come back it really bummed me out that I had done that to someone. Along with that I'll say that part of it was me not wanting to be honest because the stranger on this site I partnered with kind of creeped me out with the dominant/passive rp style and I should have said something instead of just not logging in. It was a little too intense and I was new to it in a romantic setting.
  • Brainstorming?! Bring it!
  • Romance - I like the idea of not exceeding a PG-13 level. Particularly with a total stranger D: I haven't exactly rped romance and that's because of the settings in roleplays I've usually been involved in. However, I'm completely open to the idea PARTICULARLY if the focus is on the development of the relationship and not the physical condition of it XD
  • Violence - I'm not an extremist in any direction. I think we'll be alright.
  • Language - I keep language to a minimum anyway and use it only if the situation calls for it or it's part of my character's personality. Never the really big ones though, where I regularly rp I just do this )&%#
I don't know if you've found the partner you were looking for. If you have, then just keep me in mind for future projects. As for the ideas you listed, I quite like all of them and I can see myself helping in their development and playing them out!

Edit: Ah forgot to mention, when building skellies/character sheets or whatever they're called around here, I prefer to use animeish images rather than real people. I find real people in roleplays to be distracting, particularly since this (website) is the first time I've encountered it. I won't mind if you do use them though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.