Seeking a Creative Partner for a Crazy Hybrid Cyberpunk-esque RP

R

Riruru

Original poster
So here's the thing. I have a general idea of what I want to do with the RP however I need someone creative to keep it interesting. If I'm the only one coming up with world building ideas or situations then I will get bored eventually and it will feel like a chore to come up with new things. I wanna be surprised sometimes too! Anyway, I want this to be a fun and otherworldly experience that really draws both of us in with just how odd the world is. That's why creativity is so important to me in this situation. If you're comfortable with this kind of freeform world development that occurs as we RP our characters, then please send me a PM that you're interested!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway here is the general idea I have for the setting and my inspirations behind everything.

The main story I want to take place in a massive city named Olympus that is large enough to dwarf a small European country. Much like Final Fantasy 7's Midgar, the city would be comprised of layers stacked on top of each other. However I see this city having a minimum of 5 upper layers not including the foundation, plus descending into the earth for several more layers. Each layer is meant to serve as a buffer that separates drastically different styles of life including, classes of people, living conditions, and levels of lawlessness or corruption. The overlords of the city are divided amongst corporations, military factions, and religious/political sects.

I was thinking of it this way: the higher the layer the more technologically advanced and well off the people are. The highest layer that is actually exposed to the natural sky would be the most lavish and free peoples reveling in the greatest of pleasures. This layer would be more typically represented by the term Cyber-prep, and would be all the crazy technological wonder of cyberpunk without the darker gritty dangerous side of things. A true utopia of leisure and societal advancement... However as one descends down even one layer beneath the top layer, things become more and more sinister and surreal. Technology and society becomes a crushing burden that causes deep chasms between groups of people. Violence and corruption grow more and more unchecked the further from the upper layer one gets.

I was even thinking that each layer could represent a different genre that normally would be separated into entirely different worlds. For example as the story goes deeper down into Olympus one could see how technology and education had been so withheld from the residents of that sector that entirely different architecture comprised the layer and technology was developed in a vastly different manner to create more of a Diesel-Punk aesthetic. Each layer could be vastly different like this and we could get many genres mixed in here like Steel-punk, Clock-punk, Steam-punk, etc.

I'm really inspired to write a world with you that could combine the aesthetics of Dishonored, Terminator, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Fallout, Borderlands, Shadowrun, Mad Max and Kenshi into a single world and even more ambitiously into one massive sprawling city in a world otherwise torn asunder by the greed of World Orders...

Speaking of Borderlands, Mad Max, and Kenshi... I was thinking the rest of the world would be very inspired by an amalgamation of these worlds. A wasteland filled with dangerous creatures and nearly mindless outcasts starved for resources and lacking in morality. Not that the story would be taking place there very often if at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this sounds interesting and you think we could have fun throwing our characters into a world like this that we build as we RP, then please message me right away! I want to hear from you!

That's a developed plot. Sign me up. I'm down for it.

Reactions: Riruru
Here's some pictures to set the mood for how things get slightly more and more dark/gritty the deeper the layer one gets into Olympus.

Near Orbit Overview: (can only see the exterior shell)
Olympus.jpg

Top/1st Layer: (beneath the outer shell of the dome)
Olympus Top Layer.jpg

Second Layer: (underneath the 1st layer separated by 100ft of mechanical parts and electrical systems)

Olympus Second Layer.jpg

Third Layer:

Olympus Third Layer.jpg

Then it just starts getting more and more retro, followed by scrap-heap, bizarre, etc. We can really go as wild as we want!

Changed to always open so people aren't discouraged from messaging me despite there already being one interested party