Seeking a character drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowday

Original poster
Evening, Iwaku! As some of you might know, chapter nine of Ilium is beginning soon, and thus far I haven't been able to find a proper image of my character, Tem. I don't know a whole lot about art, but this particular character has a lot of personality, so I think she should be a fun one to draw.

Tem's real age is somewhere in between ten and twelve, but due to malnutrition and probably some genetics, she looks younger than that - maybe eight or nine. On the subject of malnutrition, she is shorter than most children her age, and thinner. As a result, her limbs are a little bony, and her elbows and knees are knobby. Her hair is dark brown to the point of looking black, falling to about the middle of her back and looking as if it hasn't been washed in a good while. Her eyes are of about the same shade, a little more on the brown side. Her nose is small and slightly upturned. When she smiles, you can see the gap between her front teeth. She wears an old, ratty shirt of brown cloth and pants of similar make. She doesn't own any shoes, so she is usually barefooted. Her Aux, a little brown mouse, is usually somewhere near her.

I'm not going to dictate what pose she should be in - I can't pay anything for this piece, so I want you to have as much fun as you can while making it. In other words, you pick based on your interpretation of her. She's got a really spunky sort of personality. Up until the point that the city of Hosia was towed away, Tem was one of the resident urchins, beggars, and thieves. Though she can put up a good, cutesy sales pitch when she's begging for money, she's a sly devil. I mean, don't get me wrong. At this point in the storyline, Tem is running for unluckiest little shit in Ilium and winning by a landslide. But under normal circumstances, she's an upbeat, happy-go-lucky little goofball, if a bit of a sleazebag.

Thank you, lovelies.

I'm curious about her :3 I'm not the best artist but I'd like to try! Can I have a little more information?

What's the shirt like? short sleeve, long sleeve, mid sleeve? Is it a V neck, circular, assymetrical or straight across the shoulder? Is the shirt baggy on her, too small or too big? Do her pants have pockets? What's their cut like? Are there any holes or patches in her clothes? Any accesorries or other things like pouches or belts ect?

Well, I'm glad you asked - I've seen your thread and really love your art!

Her shirt is one of those short-tunic type things... not quite sure what they're called, exactly, and I can't find any images for it. The way I imagine it, it looks a bit like a modern V-neck short-sleeve t-shirt, only brown and a bit banged up. The V-neck has some of that medieval-looking stitching in the front. The shirt is a teensy bit big on her, but it's nothing too noticeable.

As for her pants, they haven't got any pockets - they look like they were made by her, honestly. In some cases, I imagine that instead of a belt, she gathers the pants about her waist with a length of rope. Aside from the fact that they're made of cheap brown cloth and have a patch on one knee, they look kind of like Princess Jasmine's pants - all baggy and whatnot.

On that note, she doesn't have any accessories. In fact, she kind of just lost them in the roleplay. All she really has now is the mouse. That could go on her shoulder, maybe in her hair. I don't know. Have some fun with it.

Let me know if you need anything else! Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
I'm working on a rough sketch :D Oh! on the subject of the mouse, what's it like in turns of proportions? Does it have a rounder body with big round ears? Is it more sleek with smaller ears? Or all bones and edges and a little bit creepy?

Sorry for the weird question 8-D I'm not great at drawing animals, but if I have an idea of like... personality?... then I can pick shapes to suit it :3

Well, the mouse is pretty rounded, maybe a little on the long side - not really a creepy horror movie mouse at all - with big-ish ears. But it's also a normal sized mouse, so it'll be pretty small next to Tem. You probably won't have to go into too much detail.

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
I know this is way back, but you made a neat description and got a cool character, and I wanted to give it a shot.

X4zQQ9R.png

This is heavily based off a photograph by Malina Saval, called "shake." I thought it fit the character. And I liked the idea of her drinking water from a drain pipe in a broken, fancy diner glass.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45325470@N03/16841863185/

If you like the base idea and want me to clean up the picture, or re-do the concept, I can give it another go. This was a fun sketch to do.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Oh my goodness, that's delightful! Thank you so much! Your art is really beautiful, and you're totally right - that does seem like something Tem would do. I think I might actually have her do that in canon once I get the chance.

Thanks again for the art, I'll be putting it to good use!

Reactions: Tick
Oh my goodness, that's delightful! Thank you so much! Your art is really beautiful, and you're totally right - that does seem like something Tem would do. I think I might actually have her do that in canon once I get the chance.

Thanks again for the art, I'll be putting it to good use!
Glad you like it. :) I think I'll do it again when I gain some more skill in water physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.