Seekers and Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
[tabs]
[tab|Skye|]
"This place usually isn't all that expensive." Skye assured quickly, happy to find someone he could have a conversation with. While his one-sided conversations with Sika were always riveting, it was nice to know that not every female on the planet treated him like a creep.

"Well, usually, I eat around... 20 pancakes with extra syrup in the morning, so it's possible I could be on a sugar rush. Or I'm some kind of supernatural, invisible-monster hunter with strange abilities, but that's craaaaaaaaaaaazy." He joked, quite amused with himself. Oh how he would love to be completely honest and show his powers to everyone he met, but his parents warned him from a young age that it would be suicidal to do so. "Though, I do recommend stopping by Q-Mart and maybe picking up a twelve hour energy. Those things are curaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!" He spoke excitedly, remembering that one time he drunk one, which resulted in him running into a bank and tossing money everywhere before anyone even realized it. It was a dumb thing to do, admittedly, but he was too hyped up to care. But when the energy rush wore off and he found himself stranded in Sibera, he swore to never touch the stuff again.

Blinking, he gasped when he noticed Sika and his eyes lit up. Raising his hand, he began to wave at her while smiling.

"Pssssst. That's Sika. She's my friend. Who is a girl. But not my girlfriend. She doesn't like me. Or anyone. But she's nice once you get to know her." He whispered to Ash, never taking his eyes off the baker.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
Darius's eyes narrowed and he glanced in Sika's direction when she passed by him and he could practically feel the bitchiness she was exuding. Shaking his head, he rolled his eyes as he stepped forward, pausing when he saw some idiot waving at Ms. Done-With-The-World.

"Pssssst. That's Sika. She's my friend. Who is a girl. But not my girlfriend. She doesn't like me. Or anyone. But she's nice once you get to know her."

Darius honestly hoped that wasn't meant to be a whisper, because he could hear it all the way from the door. Blinking, his face suddenly paled, something which it rarely did, when his brain identified the voice.

'Skye? Fuck.' He cursed mentally, feeling as though he was stuck between a rock and a hard-place. The last thing he needed was a confrontation with the speedster in a crowded place, but at the same time he was quite hungry and the cafe was alluring seeing as how he was already there. Walking carefully, he moved along the distracted hunter's peripheral vision, sitting a few seats away from him. Picking up the menu, he practically covered his face with it as he hoped Skye would leave... Soon.[/tab]
[tab|???|]
Hovering above the cafe, the massive large spirit exerted a strange type of control over the lesser and 'fresher' ones. Watching from above, it directed four of the more humanoid spirits to advance on the cafe, the jerking of their limbs causing them to hobble along strange. Their bodies were a mixture of white and black splotchs, with monster-like heads and hooked and sharpened fingers.[/tab]
[tab|Cafe|]
As if an invisible force was moving and motivating them, the 'normal' civilians who had stopped in quickly finished their meals and shuffled out of the cafe with abnormal swiftness, their minds rationalizing it as having important things to do which had been forgotten in the morning hustle and bustle. While, on the street, any civilians who might have thought to drop in for a bite to eat were dissuaded to do so, instead finding another place to eat.[/tab][/tabs]

Sika couldn't help but cringe inwardly as Skye began waving at her. Of all the people who had to notice her, this doofus was more of a pest than a human, and the fact that the powerful spirit nearby was practically making her feel sick didn't help.

Watching the cafe worker who thanked her for the cakes, the pinkette gave a hint of a smile in return for the cash she received as payment before her eyes widened slightly at the change in behavior around her. Seemingly as one, the customers were heading out the door and she watched as the worker who had taken the cakes carelessly set them on the counter and left.

"Shit..."

A whole crowd seemingly moving in unison was a difficult thing to predict when you weren't one of the individuals effected by whatever force was driving them, and she knew that her window of being unnoticed was closing fast.

Pocketing the cash, Sika had just brushed past the dark haired newcomer who had sat down, before her eyes locked onto a group of humanoid spirits. They seemed strange, their movements unnatural considering the ones she had seen before, however she quickly pretended to not notice them as she quickly fortified her barriers of air, ignoring the fact that the action created a slight breeze on the nearby tables, knocking off a few napkins that had been left carelessly on the pieces of furniture.

Of all the places for a high level spirit to focus on, it had to be here and now?

Turning her steps towards the tail end of people leaving the cafe, Sika kept her eyes on the back of the person in front of her, dully attempting to not see the spirits that she was nearing.

The ominous presence could be felt from above the cafe now as Nex sat up with an annoyed groan.*Rather unlucky day it seems.*Rubbing at his eyes as Termin watched the others of the cafe leave in unison; a strange sight to behold, though knew that strong spirits caused such effects.'You know, the whole invisible spirits and seekers remind me of something, but I can't recall what exactly.'Using one hand to pick up the briefcase then placed it on his lap.'They had a certain name for evil spirits..shallows I think? the name was weird too. Let me see..detergent maybe? hm no that's not it.'Rubbing his chin in confusion as he tried to recall what this whole spirits and seekers reminded him of.

No luck at remembering it and would give up on it for the moment.'Well Nex, looks like things will be pretty...interesting soon.'He chuckled, seeing a few others unaffected and would grin, thinking this happening had to be fate.

At least the throbbing headache had become bearable as he heard his teacher's words and turned his head. Seeing the cafe goers leave; probably without really understanding why.'Whatever it is, guess we'll deal with it to-'Moving his gaze back to find that Termin had vanished without a trace which caused a vein to pop up on his forehead and slammed his fist on the table.'Again with your batman imitating tricks?! fucking geezer leaving it all to me to deal with.' A low growl escaping his lips as he grabbed his cloak and secured the envelope in one of the inner pockets.'And here I thought I'd get a break.'Shaking his head before grabbing hold of the utensils on the table then stood up; turning around with a flick of his left arm that sent out a pulse wave. The pulse extending to the cafe and small area around it, causing any spirits within range to become visible for seekers and hunters alike as Nex placed the previously pocketed shades over his eyes.

"Lets get this over with"

Ashlyn Dawson, #9c5757
"I seriously doubt a twelve hour energy is healthy, or even a remotely okay thing to drink. You're not even supposed to drink more than one five hour energy; that's got to stop your heart right off the bat," she said, picking at the meal. "And, well, I suppose I'm a new regular to this place then. So much better than whatever I can cook up at home."

"Who? The pink haired chick? She doesn't look too happy to see you, to be frank." Her words were particularly blunt, although she doubted the kid would care. Whoever Sika was, she assumed this was her normal behavior. Except; wait- what? She looked up from her meal and found the entirety of the cafe, Sika included, heading out the door in one big lump, except for her, and Skye, some guy at the counter, a few seats away- where were they all going? Why were they going?

The answer seemed obvious enough. Spirits. Here. She thought she'd out run most of her fate, at least for the time being. But no. Of course not. And the kid; he must be a hunter, or a seeker, if he was sitting here, fine and dandy. So he wasn't lying this whole time. Why would he even talk about it to a stranger?

And the guy down the counter? He must be one too.

"Kid," she said, voice low. "Are you a hunter, or a seeker?" She turned her head around casually, looking around. She slid her hand into her pants pocket, where her lighter was sitting, tucked away.

And then she could see them. How? She pondered. It doesn't matter. I need out of here. The spirits looked almost.. human. Humanoid at least. She couldn't really imagine what they happened to be here for.

"Skye? Come on," she said, getting to her feet.

Reactions: Shalashaska
Ashlyn Dawson, #9c5757
"I seriously doubt a twelve hour energy is healthy, or even a remotely okay thing to drink. You're not even supposed to drink more than one five hour energy; that's got to stop your heart right off the bat," she said, picking at the meal. "And, well, I suppose I'm a new regular to this place then. So much better than whatever I can cook up at home."

"Who? The pink haired chick? She doesn't look too happy to see you, to be frank." Her words were particularly blunt, although she doubted the kid would care. Whoever Sika was, she assumed this was her normal behavior. Except; wait- what? She looked up from her meal and found the entirety of the cafe, Sika included, heading out the door in one big lump, except for her, and Skye, some guy at the counter, a few seats away- where were they all going? Why were they going?

The answer seemed obvious enough. Spirits. Here. She thought she'd out run most of her fate, at least for the time being. But no. Of course not. And the kid; he must be a hunter, or a seeker, if he was sitting here, fine and dandy. So he wasn't lying this whole time. Why would he even talk about it to a stranger?

And the guy down the counter? He must be one too.

"Kid," she said, voice low. "Are you a hunter, or a seeker?" She turned her head around casually, looking around. She slid her hand into her pants pocket, where her lighter was sitting, tucked away.

And then she could see them. How? She pondered. It doesn't matter. I need out of here. The spirits looked almost.. human. Humanoid at least. She couldn't really imagine what they happened to be here for.

"Skye? Come on," she said, getting to her feet.
[tabs][tab|Skye|]

"Well, it may not be the safest thing..." He trailed off, an amused look on his face. "Oh, Sika is never happy to see me, but then again I'm her only friend so it's somewhat understandable." Skye smiled, having already adapted to the baker's attitude where he was concerned. Said smile slowly melted off his face when he noticed everyone was leaving the cafe.

'Spirits are coming...' He rationalized, having been raised by parents who were both Hunters and Seekers, he knew the tell-tale signs. And, confirming his beliefs, they instantly appeared in his vision and he paused. He had never seen them in humanoid forms, and he had to admit it was quite disconcerting.

"Are you a hunter, or a seeker?"

His eyes widened and he gave her a look of shock.

"You-You're...?"[/tab][tab|Darius|]

"Who? The pink haired chick? She doesn't look too happy to see you, to be frank."

'Because he's an annoying shit...' Darius commented mentally, face still buried in the menu. His slightly enhanced hearing allowed him to listen in on their conversation, though he was mainly waiting for Skye to zip out of the cafe. Lowering the menu, he peered over it and took note that everyone and their mother were making haste to leave and he felt a pit form in the bottom of his stomach.

'Spirits...' He struggled to maintain his excitement, though he was sure his skin color was changing slightly. For years he had wanted to fight Spirits, only being able to do so once which ended in absolute failure and tragedy. So, he saw this as a second chance, though he hated the fact Skye was present just as he was a year ago. When...

Shaking his head, Darius dispelled the thoughts, not letting his mind travel back to what was arguably the worst night of his life.

'Is she the one that made them visible? No, the guy in the corner...' Darius realized as he slid out of the chair.

'I'm a Hunter. Are you the one who--?'

"Trench Coat in the corner." Darius cut Skye off, getting the teen's attention as his arms lit on fire and his eyes seemed to burn. "And now is not the time to re-open old wounds, Skye." The pyrokinetic quickly cut the Speedster off, still able to feel Skye's glare on him.[/tab][tab|Skye|]

'That son of a bitch.' He inwardly seethed, feeling nothing but hatred towards Darius as red lighting jolted between his fingers. Turning towards the door, he watched as the Spirits shifted, two of them leaping towards Sika. 'Why are...? Wait. Don't tell me...' In an instant he was running, leaving a blur in his wake as he grabbed the Seeker's arm and ran to the street opposite the cafe.

"You're a Seeker? Or a Hunter?" He questioned, the same shocked expression on his face.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
"Stupid shithead." Darius cursed as he throttled the flames coating his arms and hands before thrusting them both forward, shooting a pillar of fire towards the door, the force of it blasting them open while scorching the two Spirits which had jumped towards Sika before Skye intervened.

Running forward, with flames still alight, Darius rammed his shoulder into one of the burning entities, sending it skidding back along the ground before he whipped around and slammed the back of his fist into the next one's face, the force sending it flying a few feet before it collided with a lamp post.

Recovering instantly, as if they felt no pain, the two spirits circled the Hunter with mild interest as he raised both hands, allowing his flames to become even more intense.[/tab]
[tab|???|]
Still floating above the cafe, the spirit grinned devilishly.

So much food. Delicious Hunters and Seekers.

It would be a feast.
[/tab][/tabs]

Don't worry Sam, a bit more and I'll hit 10 tabs. I promise.

Last edited:
[tabs][tab|Skye|]

"Well, it may not be the safest thing..." He trailed off, an amused look on his face. "Oh, Sika is never happy to see me, but then again I'm her only friend so it's somewhat understandable." Skye smiled, having already adapted to the baker's attitude where he was concerned. Said smile slowly melted off his face when he noticed everyone was leaving the cafe.

'Spirits are coming...' He rationalized, having been raised by parents who were both Hunters and Seekers, he knew the tell-tale signs. And, confirming his beliefs, they instantly appeared in his vision and he paused. He had never seen them in humanoid forms, and he had to admit it was quite disconcerting.

His eyes widened and he gave her a look of shock.

"You-You're...?"[/tab][tab|Darius|]

"Who? The pink haired chick? She doesn't look too happy to see you, to be frank."

'Because he's an annoying shit...' Darius commented mentally, face still buried in the menu. His slightly enhanced hearing allowed him to listen in on their conversation, though he was mainly waiting for Skye to zip out of the cafe. Lowering the menu, he peered over it and took note that everyone and their mother were making haste to leave and he felt a pit form in the bottom of his stomach.

'Spirits...' He struggled to maintain his excitement, though he was sure his skin color was changing slightly. For years he had wanted to fight Spirits, only being able to do so once which ended in absolute failure and tragedy. So, he saw this as a second chance, though he hated the fact Skye was present just as he was a year ago. When...

Shaking his head, Darius dispelled the thoughts, not letting his mind travel back to what was arguably the worst night of his life.

'Is she the one that made them visible? No, the guy in the corner...' Darius realized as he slid out of the chair.

'I'm a Hunter. Are you the one who--?'

"Trench Coat in the corner." Darius cut Skye off, getting the teen's attention as his arms lit on fire and his eyes seemed to burn. "And now is not the time to re-open old wounds, Skye." The pyrokinetic quickly cut the Speedster off, still able to feel Skye's glare on him.[/tab][tab|Skye|]

'That son of a bitch.' He inwardly seethed, feeling nothing but hatred towards Darius as red lighting jolted between his fingers. Turning towards the door, he watched as the Spirits shifted, two of them leaping towards Sika. 'Why are...? Wait. Don't tell me...' In an instant he was running, leaving a blur in his wake as he grabbed the Seeker's arm and ran to the street opposite the cafe.

"You're a Seeker? Or a Hunter?" He questioned, the same shocked expression on his face.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
"Stupid shithead." Darius cursed as he throttled the flames coating his arms and hands before thrusting them both forward, shooting a pillar of fire towards the door, the force of it blasting them open while scorching the two Spirits which had jumped towards Sika before Skye intervened.

Running forward, with flames still alight, Darius rammed his shoulder into one of the burning entities, sending it skidding back along the ground before he whipped around and slammed the back of his fist into the next one's face, the force sending it flying a few feet before it collided with a lamp post.

Recovering instantly, as if they felt no pain, the two spirits circled the Hunter with mild interest as he raised both hands, allowing his flames to become even more intense.[/tab]
[tab|???|]
Still floating above the cafe, the spirit grinned devilishly.

So much food. Delicious Hunters and Seekers.

It would be a feast.
[/tab][/tabs]

Don't worry Sam, a bit more and I'll hit 10 tabs. I promise.
Blinking, Sika's view of the man's back in front of her was somehow replaced by something far more annoying... Skye.

"You're a Seeker? Or a Hunter?"

Steeling her resolve, the woman pulled herself free of his grasp before glancing around, briefly noting the fact that the man she had walked past in the cafe was most definitely not what he had seemed.

"I'm none of your busines-..."

Glancing up at the sky, Sika paled at the sight of the sheer number of spirits, particularly noticing the massive spirit in the sky before she looked back to the annoying speedster in front of her, barely concealing the mixture of panic and irritation building inside her.

"If you get me eaten or killed because of this... I will haunt you to your grave... even if I'm in the belly of a monster."

In the instant Nex had made the spirits visible, multiple things had occurred as the few others unaffected had started moving while trying to understand the situation. He simply stood there lightly tossing the utensils in his hand; watching the others curiously, having not expected there would be hunters and other possible seekers in the cafe.'Something annoying has just become interesting.'Letting out a light chuckle as the one who seemed hyper and struggled to slow down had zipped out of the cafe. Grabbing the woman with that look of not wanting to be apart of this in doing so.*Hm, if I can take a guess, these spirits are mainly to draw us out from the normal civilians..this spirit is certainly a shrewd one.*Catching the utensils he just tossed with a metallic clink then used his foot to lift up the nearest table and kicked it at the door.

The blasted door now blocked off to keep the spirits from swarming in through the large opening that the male from before had destroyed.'Now then.'Walking over to the counter, swiping up any utensils he could get his hand on and a jar to place them into before hopping up onto the counter. This gave him the height advantage.'Hey, girl in the high heels. Hunter or whatever, if you're not aiming to fight, best keep back and out of the way.'His tone calm, though had a stinging coldness to it; a warning to her not to get in his way and seconds later the glass shattered from a spirit forcing its way in. In the next instant a metallic flash as a fork flew too fast for any without trained eyes to notice, had lodged into the spirits forehead with the force of bullet. It was knocked back, smacking into the other spirits standing close behind it.'Hmph, good thing this cafe is stocked. Pales compared to a gun though.'Shaking his head, but he would do with what he had and pulled out two knives, held between his fingers, ready to take out as many spirits as he needed to get the big bad boss to come down.

Ashlyn Dawson, #9c5757
It didn't take long for the Skye kid to get up, running after the pinkette, not even giving Ashe a chance to reply; which was good. Even better that they left the cafe. But now she was left here, with two others. Hunters, it seemed. She doubted any of them could be Seekers. A Seeker wouldn't stay unless they had a partner, and these guys seemed to not like each other very much. So she was going to have to sit here and fight with the hateful-Hunter collective. Wonderful.

She could have just left them to duke it out. She could get to her apartment, pack up, stop by work to let her boss know and then could be out of town by the afternoon. But with the number of spirits that were beginning to show up, some part of her doubted these two could handle it on their own. Were they younger than her? Looked it, but looks could be deceiving. Despite that, she felt compelled to help. Even if they weren't that much younger than she, she couldn't let two kids just die.

Five Hunters and Seekers, all caught up in one web. It looked pretty bad.

"Girl in the high heels? I could kill you with those high heels if you're not careful. Hold your tongue, kid."

She flicked open the lighter, and allowed the bright flame to burst up. At nearly the same moment, a ball of flame formed in her free left hand. Her lips turned up into a smirk. It felt good to use her powers. The flames elongated into a simple weapon, a long flaming whip, a decent weapon against what appeared to be a growing horde.

"Although I'm supposed to be taking my morning nap, so excuse me if I don't have a lot of fuel to burn on this tussle. Usually I don't fight this early in the morning, particularly in nice cafe's. Try not to ruin my new favorite diner." A blocked door couldn't keep those spirits out forever, and they were starting to come through the windows, glass shattering onto the tiled floor. Why do diners have to have so many huge windows? she thought to herself. It's unfortunate.

She raised her hand and let her whip lash out in an arc, sweeping back the advancing spirits so that they fell atop one another in a heap. The whip disintegrated as it was used, but left trail across the tile that rose up into a wall of flame. "I hope none of you are afraid of crossing fire,"

Then she grabbed her breakfast knife- this strange did have a good idea- and let it catch flame, hurling it at one of the spirits that was circling the apparent pyrokinetic.

[tabs][tab|Darius|]
Darius grabbed the Spirit's face as it bit at him like a rabid dog, his palm releasing a stream of fire. Glancing behind him, he eyed the other one just as a flaming knife buried itself in the side of the creature's skull, sending it staggering to the side. Baring his teeth, Darius tightened his grip on the spirit before he whipped around, slamming the spirit's head on the face of the other spirit's. Releasing the spirit's head, he let the humanoid fall an inch before he grabbed its head with his opposite hand, ramming its head into into the face of other spirit once more.

Releasing it, Darius yelled as he kicked outwards, sending the two spirits flying across the street. Watching them hit a wall, he turned on his heel before approaching a parked car, bending down to grab the front bumper as his muscles strained and he whipped around, tossing the automobile towards the two spirits. Slamming into them, the car's back bumper dented and bent while the spirits were reduced to black and white splotchs on the wall.[/tab]
[tab|Skye|]
"If you get me eaten or killed because of this... I will haunt you to your grave... even if I'm in the belly of a monster."

Skye's lips twitched at Sika's words, a somewhat annoyed look crossing over his face. It was equal to the look she constantly gave him, though slightly more... Aggravated.

"You're not going to get eaten or killed, Sika." His words came out cold and harsh, flinching when the car passed right by him and crushed the two spirits. "That son of a...!" He growled, hands balling into fists as more electricity surged down his fists. Turning around, he was moving in an instant, slamming into a spirit as he pinned it against a wall. Placing both hands on the creature's head, his eyes seemed to flow with electricity as he let the crimson energy surge freely and the entity's body began to bubble as if it was boiling on the inside.

Just as it exploded, Skye moved, appearing on the opposite side of the street. Taking a deep breath, Skye glared at Darius who settled for flipping the speedster off.[/tab]
[tab|???|]
So many delicacies... It couldn't hold back anymore. With an inhuman roar, the creature launched itself downwards, jaws wide as it bit down at Darius. It was confused, for a second, when it didn't feel the pleasant rush of blood. Soon, it realized that the Hunter had grabbed its teeth, straining to hold his mouth open. Feeling quite annoyed by the fact its food was fighting back, the spirit bit down harder, doing its best to fight against the Hunter's superhuman strength.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
Gritting his teeth, Darius strained to fight against spirit's massive maw. Taking a deep breath, he steadily released flames from his body, hoping to burn the creature off of him. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. Falling to one knee, Darius continued to fight against the thing's jaws, having no plans on becoming a meal.[/tab]
[tab|Skye|]
Watching silently, Skye bit his bottom lip. He should let the bastard get eaten - he deserved it. But, in the back of his mind, a voice kept gnawing at him. Her voice. He hated it. He hated Darius, and he wanted nothing more than to watch him be eaten. To be ripped in two.

But he couldn't.

Taking a deep breath, he allowed electricity to surge down to his fists before he slammed them on the ground, releasing a shockwave of electricity that extended as far as the cafe. It wasn't normal, no. It would almost double the power of any Hunter and Seeker in range of it, save for Skye.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
Darius's body shuddered as he felt the electricity hit him and it could feel the adrenaline flowing in his veins.

'Thank you, Skye.' Mentally he directed his thanks to the supercharger as he felt himself become stronger. Easily pushing the spirit's jaws open, he stood up while holding its teeth. Raising his arms, he got his upper body out of the spirit's mouth before flinging the spirit through the air where it floated, beady gold eyes seemingly rattling in its skull.

Igniting his hands, Darius thrusts his arms down as a jet of flames sent him into the sky where he circled around the spirit, hurling fireball after fireball at it. It was necessarily 'effective', but he was essentially probing it until he could find something he deemed a 'weak' spot.[/tab]

[tab| Elysia |]
"Are you fuckin' shittin' me?!" She yelled into the phone, not caring who heard her in the busy police department. Walking into her office, she slammed the door as she mentally punched the man on the other end.

'Yes, Elysia. Right here at Rosemore's. Three Hunters, two Seekers. It as though they're working together, so we have five targets. Oh, and one can fly.'

"Fuck that shit. I'll be there in five minutes." She growled as she shoved the phone in her pocket, grabbing her jacket as she stepped out, callously pushing past anyone stupid enough to get in her way. Finally she'd get to kill another Seeker. It'd been far too long, and Hunters always presented a delightful challenge. The very thought of crushing another sobbing and pitiful Seeker's head with her hands making her quite... Pleased. [/tab]

[tab|Zane|]
"Fuck that shit. I'll be there in five minutes."

Smiling, Zane sat down on the ledge of the office building, remaining out of sight. This would be quite splendid. It had been a while since he was able to test his skills against those of his caliber, he wouldn't let the opportunity go to waste. He didn't know who intrigued him the most - the supercharger, the knife flinger or the pyromancer. He was sure the woman with the lighter was also unique in some way, and he could only ponder about what the pink-haired girl was capable of.

"This is exquisite." He spoke to himself, dialing another number.[/tab]

[tab|???|]
Unidentified Office Building

"Yes, we still need to deal with the group in the mountain region." A woman in an impeccable suit said, her hair tied into a bun with one bang framing her face. A pair of glasses sat on her face, adding to her no-nonesense attitude.

"We could send Slaughter." A man proposed, clad in military gear with the body-build to back up his history.

"I still say that shrewd woman is better left terminated - she's too much of a liability. On her last assignment she killed two of our agents." The woman said, shifting her glasses with a single finger.

"Exactly! She'd be able to wipe out those Goddamn Seeker-lovers in no time." The military man grinned from ear to ear and the woman sighed while shaking her head. The sound of a phone ringing got their attention and they turned towards the other person in the room who had remained silent during their talk. He was a mature man, clearly in his forties, with a suit that costed an obscene amount of money and a well-trimmed yet graying beard.

"Zane. Speak." He said, pressing the speaker button so his compatriots would be able to hear the agent's report.

"I'm currently in Ashfield, Grand Master. Once Elysia arrives, we will engage 3 Hunters and 2 Seekers." Zane spoke, a light yet professional tone in his voice as always.

"Very well."

"One more thing, sir. The Wilson boy is here - If I capture him, we could use him as a way to draw out his parents." Zane proposed and the Grand Master leaned back in his leather office chair, reclining slightly.

"They haven't come for the girl, so it's unlikely they'd come for the boy. Elimination would be the most appropriate course of action." He spoke, voice calm and sharp.

"He has the ability to strengthen the powers of others, sir." Zane informed and everyone the room sat up, a smirk appearing on the Grand Master's face.

"I see... This is most perplexing, then. His capture is ideal, but do not risk your lives to do so. If it feels as though your deaths or injury are certain, leave."

"Yes sir."[/tab]

[tab|???|]
Bonanza Mountain Estates

"In the city... There are Hunters and Seekers fighting. The Order's presence is clear. One of their agents observing." A man said as he sat on the floor in a meditative stance, his 'soul' in the city viewing the fight.

"Well, things are starting to pop off..." A woman said with a crazed grin, spinning her gun around her finger. "This oughta be funsies~!"[/tab]
[/tabs]

I had 10 tabs but I broke it. I have become death.

Last edited:
[tab|Skye|]

Skye's lips twitched at Sika's words, a somewhat annoyed look crossing over his face. It was equal to the look she constantly gave him, though slightly more... Aggravated.

"You're not going to get eaten or killed, Sika." His words came out cold and harsh, flinching when the car passed right by him and crushed the two spirits. "That son of a...!" He growled, hands balling into fists as more electricity surged down his fists. Turning around, he was moving in an instant, slamming into a spirit as he pinned it against a wall. Placing both hands on the creature's head, his eyes seemed to flow with electricity as he let the crimson energy surge freely and the entity's body began to bubble as if it was boiling on the inside.

Just as it exploded, Skye moved, appearing on the opposite side of the street. Taking a deep breath, Skye glared at Darius who settled for flipping the speedster off.[/tab]
[tab|???|]
So many delicacies... It couldn't hold back anymore. With an inhuman roar, the creature launched itself downwards, jaws wide as it bit down at Darius. It was confused, for a second, when it didn't feel the pleasant rush of blood. Soon, it realized that the Hunter had grabbed its teeth, straining to hold his mouth open. Feeling quite annoyed by the fact its food was fighting back, the spirit bit down harder, doing its best to fight against the Hunter's superhuman strength.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
Gritting his teeth, Darius strained to fight against spirit's massive maw. Taking a deep breath, he steadily released flames from his body, hoping to burn the creature off of him. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. Falling to one knee, Darius continued to fight against the thing's jaws, having no plans on becoming a meal.[/tab]
[tab|Skye|]
Watching silently, Skye bit his bottom lip. He should let the bastard get eaten - he deserved it. But, in the back of his mind, a voice kept gnawing at him. Her voice. He hated it. He hated Darius, and he wanted nothing more than to watch him be eaten. To be ripped in two.

But he couldn't.

Taking a deep breath, he allowed electricity to surge down to his fists before he slammed them on the ground, releasing a shockwave of electricity that extended as far as the cafe. It wasn't normal, no. It would almost double the power of any Hunter and Seeker in range of it, save for Skye.[/tab]
[tab|Darius|]
Darius's body shuddered as he felt the electricity hit him and it could feel the adrenaline flowing in his veins.

'Thank you, Skye.' Mentally he directed his thanks to the supercharger as he felt himself become stronger. Easily pushing the spirit's jaws open, he stood up while holding its teeth. Raising his arms, he got his upper body out of the spirit's mouth before flinging the spirit through the air where it floated, beady gold eyes seemingly rattling in its skull.

Igniting his hands, Darius thrusts his arms down as a jet of flames sent him into the sky where he circled around the spirit, hurling fireball after fireball at it. It was necessarily 'effective', but he was essentially probing it until he could find something he deemed a 'weak' spot.[/tab]

Somewhat surprised by Skye's glare, Sika watched the fight unfolding around her, the barriers she had placed up around herself holding fast as any spirits who moved towards her were easily deflected and redirected towards the cafe and those fighting within it.

She was honestly torn between leaving and remaining here, unsure which choice was safest as she watched the massive spirit rush down to bite the strange dark haired man who had flipped off Skye. That was more than enough to get Sika's attention.

Pausing, the pinkette's eyes widened as a rush of energy doubled her power and she looked up to where the dark haired man was throwing fireballs at the spirit which just moments before had nearly taken a chunk out of him. Releasing a sigh at the knowledge she would likely have to go into hiding after this, Sika took advantage of the doubled energy to decapitate the spirits nearest to her before she shot into the air, a corkscrew of air forming in front of her as she held her hands in front of her before she pushed her hands apart and the invisible construct spun wildly, ripping through the creature.

Ashlyn Dawson, #9c5757
It didn't take long for the Skye kid to get up, running after the pinkette, not even giving Ashe a chance to reply; which was good. Even better that they left the cafe. But now she was left here, with two others. Hunters, it seemed. She doubted any of them could be Seekers. A Seeker wouldn't stay unless they had a partner, and these guys seemed to not like each other very much. So she was going to have to sit here and fight with the hateful-Hunter collective. Wonderful.

She could have just left them to duke it out. She could get to her apartment, pack up, stop by work to let her boss know and then could be out of town by the afternoon. But with the number of spirits that were beginning to show up, some part of her doubted these two could handle it on their own. Were they younger than her? Looked it, but looks could be deceiving. Despite that, she felt compelled to help. Even if they weren't that much younger than she, she couldn't let two kids just die.

Five Hunters and Seekers, all caught up in one web. It looked pretty bad.

"Girl in the high heels? I could kill you with those high heels if you're not careful. Hold your tongue, kid."

She flicked open the lighter, and allowed the bright flame to burst up. At nearly the same moment, a ball of flame formed in her free left hand. Her lips turned up into a smirk. It felt good to use her powers. The flames elongated into a simple weapon, a long flaming whip, a decent weapon against what appeared to be a growing horde.

"Although I'm supposed to be taking my morning nap, so excuse me if I don't have a lot of fuel to burn on this tussle. Usually I don't fight this early in the morning, particularly in nice cafe's. Try not to ruin my new favorite diner." A blocked door couldn't keep those spirits out forever, and they were starting to come through the windows, glass shattering onto the tiled floor. Why do diners have to have so many huge windows? she thought to herself. It's unfortunate.

She raised her hand and let her whip lash out in an arc, sweeping back the advancing spirits so that they fell atop one another in a heap. The whip disintegrated as it was used, but left trail across the tile that rose up into a wall of flame. "I hope none of you are afraid of crossing fire,"

Then she grabbed her breakfast knife- this strange did have a good idea- and let it catch flame, hurling it at one of the spirits that was circling the apparent pyrokinetic.

Hearing the woman speak of not ruining the diner, saying so before sending out a whip of flame that caused a wall of flames to rose up.*Says the one throwing flames around the diner.*Besides with the blasted door blocked by a table and the shattered windows, it was already too late to keep from destroying it as Nex crouched down onto one knee, throwing utensils at any spirit that had gotten through the windows.

A loud crack from the table at the door finally breaking as multiple spirits forced their way in, though the wall of flames helped somewhat, hardly deterred them. At this rate the two would be trapped in the small cafe with spirits and fire everywhere and thought it best to get out, but he was running out of utensils and started to check around till he spotted the tip jar filled halfway with coins and some dollar bills. That's when an idea came to mind and reached down to grab it; moments before grabbing it, a strange jolt suddenly went through his body, where instead of shocking him, made him feel empowered.

Out of nowhere a strange burst of energy flowed through his body as he grabbed the jar then hopped down behind the counter.'Hold them back a little longer.'He told the pryo girl before slamming his fist on the cash register which opened with a chime and started grabbing all the coins, mainly quarters and nickles as the bigger coins worked better and slipped them into the tip jar until it was nearly full.'Good, now go!'Hopping over the counter, right hand grabbing the last of the utensils and charged through the door, firing utensils at the spirits blocking the way before they fell or were knocked aside as chunks of their head or chest were blasted away from the utensils as the increase gave them the power of a shotgun

Nex kicked off the ground to hop over the remaining spirits at the doorway and shot the last of the utensils as the top of their heads were blasted clean off. Doing so had cleared the way mostly for any others still in the cafe. Landing with a small grunt; chinks of coins in the jar bouncing around and took the chance to look around to see the others that had been in the cafe fighting off spirits, while the black haired male flung fireballs at the largest and most menacing of the spirits. He guessed that spirit was the cause of this; standing up as he looked at the filled tip jar for a moment.'Lets see how this works.'Gripping it tightly with his left hand before tossing it up into the air, soon having the coins spill out, but shortly after his left hand's effect activated.

To those watching, it would look as if the coins were suspended around nex, though in reality were simply falling at an extremely slow wait, even more so now that he was somehow boosted.'Interesting....well then..lets get started.'Reaching out with his right hand and gave a penny a simple flick; next instant a spirit's head was lopped clean off.

Ashlyn Dawson, #9c5757
There just seemed to be so many of these spirits! No matter how many the two hunters in the room took out, no matter how many she attacked herself, there appeared to be more to take it's place. What kind of spirit could summon so many others to a single location like this? She'd fought plenty of these... creatures... before, but she'd never seen them so coordinated in her life. It didn't seem like a common occurrence.

She felt like she was about to drop. She'd already damned the heels she was wearing- she'd have to buy another pair, especially after she used them as a weapon and they went flying out the poor diner's windows, dragging spirit-skull with it- and was running on fumes. Her abilities took up too much energy when she was summoning weapon and weapon out of the air around her. It was even further surprising to her that she hadn't burnt away all the oxygen in the air.

The shockwave of energy and power jolted through the cafe, and rejuvenated her. She felt wide awake, and immediately stopped to look for the source before she noted more spirits coming at her. I'll have to find whoever did that later, she mused. Saved my ass. She lifted her hands, allowing both to become engulfed in her flames before forming slightly misshapen guns. Real ones would be preferable, but she could maintain these ones for much longer than a sword or a whip. Of course, made of flames, every "bullet" was just a high speed, compact fireball, but they did enough damage to suffice- although flying forks appeared the better weapon for the time being.

"I'm not leaving until this place is cleaned up," she retorted back at the flying-fork-guy. That's what she'd call him. Flying-fork-guy. "I mean, we're trashing my new favorite diner, and-" she ducked, rolled, and shot up a spirit with so many fiery bullets that the bullet holes made it practically dissolve, "-I don't leave civilians to rot at the hands of evil spirit things. Besides-" she broke off again to fight off another spirit, the adrenaline coursing through her veins and making her feel unstoppable. "- that other kid? Speedy guy? He could get into trouble. All of us could, but some of you look younger than me. Not by much, but it makes me feel a little bit liable. I ought to at least help."

"What needs to be done," she huffed, beginning to feel breathless, "is target whatever spirit summoned this gathering, and kill it."

(Turns out I had a lot to read so I just sorta skimmed things lol, let me know if I got anything wrong)

Dawn could feel the shiver rush down her spine, goosebumps crawled on her skin while she walked out from the back of the cafe. There were a few others who were still here but all the other customers had hurried up to leave. Seekers and Hunters. Not that hard to miss. Reaching up she pulled her ponytail out and instead replaced it with a messy bun, her gold eyes began to glow as she watched the fight. Plenty of fun to be had around this place but who would be cleaning it up? Dawn knew it sure as hell wasn't going to be her, her shift was going to be over in a few minutes which meant she wouldn't be involved in cleaning duty. Ha! Made her want to purposely destroy the place.

"I'm all in for a bit of play time," Dawn grinned as two spirits jumped for her. She stepped to the side in a graceful manner before putting her hand up just as another spirit came for her, it smacked straight into an invisible wall between the two before with a slight push of her hand it flew back and slammed into a table. Jumping back just in time as a spirit made its way toward her with a hiss, this one seemed to be able to make more damage so Dawn kept her shield up and continued to dodge its advances on her. It had been a while since she was in a battle with a spirit, usually keeping out of the way because it wasn't really smart for a Seeker to go into a fight all by themselves. Fun. Yea, this was definitely fun.

[tabs][tab|Darius|]
Flying higher into the air, Darius led the large spirit around several buildings, peppering the entity with fireballs. Nothing seemed to really work, and seeing as how it instantly regenerated from being blown up by Sika, he wasn't necessarily sure if anything would work. Diving towards the ground, he glanced over his shoulder as he flipped around and let loose two intense streams of flames from his palms that hit the spirit with enough force to stagger it.

Turning towards the ground, Darius landed in a roll as he ran quickly. Zoning in on a nearby car, he grabbed the back bumper before twisting around and tossing it towards the spirit, a fireball hot on the automobile's trail. As soon as the car hit the creature, the fireball hit the vehicle and ignited the gasoline, creating a moderate sized explosion.[/tab]
[tab|Skye|]
It seemed like he never stopped moving. No matter what, he kept moving. He mostly played defense for Sika, blitzing past her occasionally to ensure no spirit got too close, and he knew the tailwind he left in his wake would be easily utilized by the Seeker. He remained somewhat focused on Darius, feeling a hint of nostalgia as he watched the Hunter's display of moderate skill - able to properly stun and assault the spirit with enough talent to make it seem like he'd been hunting for years.

A sigh escaped the speedster as he did his best to assist the others, more or less remaining nothing more than a blur in the area, though he would occasionally stop. One could only run so fast and for so long before things started to 'blur'. He cursed himself for not bringing his goggles - he knew he should have, but he was in such a rush he completely forgot them. Letting electricity arch between his fingers, he let loose a bolt of energy that seemed to travel from spirit to spirit as if they were all metal conductors. It didn't kill them, no, but it stun-locked them and Skye figured it'd be enough to give Mr. Deadly Projectiles target practice.

Speeding off, Skye continued to run around the area, providing simple support where it was needed, even if it was nothing more than fanning Ash's flames to make them more intense.[/tab]
[tab|???|] Roaring, the massive spirit hurtled through the air from the explosion, parts of its ghastly face noticeably scorched. Remaining stationary, he growled as it observed the group of Hunters and Seekers below it and, if it could, it would have cursed its luck. It was searching for a meal, not a fight.[/tab][/tabs]

[tabs][tab|Darius|]
Flying higher into the air, Darius led the large spirit around several buildings, peppering the entity with fireballs. Nothing seemed to really work, and seeing as how it instantly regenerated from being blown up by Sika, he wasn't necessarily sure if anything would work. Diving towards the ground, he glanced over his shoulder as he flipped around and let loose two intense streams of flames from his palms that hit the spirit with enough force to stagger it.

Turning towards the ground, Darius landed in a roll as he ran quickly. Zoning in on a nearby car, he grabbed the back bumper before twisting around and tossing it towards the spirit, a fireball hot on the automobile's trail. As soon as the car hit the creature, the fireball hit the vehicle and ignited the gasoline, creating a moderate sized explosion.[/tab]
[tab|Skye|]
It seemed like he never stopped moving. No matter what, he kept moving. He mostly played defense for Sika, blitzing past her occasionally to ensure no spirit got too close, and he knew the tailwind he left in his wake would be easily utilized by the Seeker. He remained somewhat focused on Darius, feeling a hint of nostalgia as he watched the Hunter's display of moderate skill - able to properly stun and assault the spirit with enough talent to make it seem like he'd been hunting for years.

A sigh escaped the speedster as he did his best to assist the others, more or less remaining nothing more than a blur in the area, though he would occasionally stop. One could only run so fast and for so long before things started to 'blur'. He cursed himself for not bringing his goggles - he knew he should have, but he was in such a rush he completely forgot them. Letting electricity arch between his fingers, he let loose a bolt of energy that seemed to travel from spirit to spirit as if they were all metal conductors. It didn't kill them, no, but it stun-locked them and Skye figured it'd be enough to give Mr. Deadly Projectiles target practice.

Speeding off, Skye continued to run around the area, providing simple support where it was needed, even if it was nothing more than fanning Ash's flames to make them more intense.[/tab]
[tab|???|] Roaring, the massive spirit hurtled through the air from the explosion, parts of its ghastly face noticeably scorched. Remaining stationary, he growled as it observed the group of Hunters and Seekers below it and, if it could, it would have cursed its luck. It was searching for a meal, not a fight.[/tab][/tabs]
Seeing her attack do little to no damage, Sika paled slightly. No, she wasn't a fighter. It would have been better if she had just walked away from this. Yet part of her had wondered if it was safer than the alternative with an unknown amount of spirits in the area.

Trying to clear her mind, Sika pushed the matter of escape out of her mind, knowing that dwelling on something unchangeable was going to do her more harm than good.

Feeling the tailwind of Skye as she dropped back to the ground, the pinkette glared at the spirits, wishing that there had been some way to keep her identity hidden from the annoying speedster. Yeah... that was the important thing. Holding out her palm, Sika stopped the spirits before her in their tracks before she slowly closed her fist, a barrier of air enclosing around the creatures, holding them in place before her attention was caught by the flaming man's attack hitting the massive spirit above them.

Furrowing her brow slightly, Sika bent the wind from behind Skye, wincing slightly as an explosion echoed through the area at the sudden vacuum and she turned on her heel, feeding the flaming idiot's fire, hoping that he would get the message to repeat the attack. Even if it only made a few marks on the creature, it was better than nothing.

Fire crackled everywhere from the man bombarding the largest of the spirits relentlessly, though to no avail it seemed. That didn't matter since he was currently surrounded by spirits and more going after the others as he stood there surrounded by countless coins falling in slow motion due to his own ability.' Don't know who did it, but the boost....well, time to get serious.'Flexing his right hand while exhaling to relax his body; in a flash, three spirits had their heads blasted off for each coin had the concentrated power of a shotgun bullet, except the powers were solely focused instead of scattered like an actual shotgun.

Cracking his knuckles before he knelt down, quickly scanning the surrounding and started flicking the coins in rapid succession. His arm moving; a blinding blur as spirits all around him had chunks of their heads blasted off or wholes forming in their chests. One after another; they dissipated or those not receiving a finishing blow fell, too injured to move. Nex's eyes rolled in their sockets as he pinpointed his target before the flick of another coin.

Metallic flashes and clings could be heard and seen by the others as two spirit trying to attack the speedster and barrier user from behind were taken out. Within fifteen seconds, he had thinned out a little more than half the spirits, though his arm was starting to get tired from the continuous speed up of his arm, the muscles starting to cramp up.

The loud, malicious roar of the evil spirit from above caught his attention as he saw no sign of damage from it even after the flame guy's assault. Most likely this one had an ethereal body and if so, finding its weak spot would make it harder, but he had an idea to try and locate it. Focusing his attention on the large spirit with a flex of his fingers; sent a flurry of coins at different parts of its body. If it tried to dodge any, then its real self would be around that area, thinking if he actually struck on target would be sheer stroke of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.