Seeds of Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacks was no stranger to nomad myth and legend, how much of it he actual believed was a different story. Despite this, when they were walking from the sick ward, he noticed a change in the patients. The over all well being of the children was better, Jacks knew it was because of Flux, and not just the water she supplied. It was more than that, Jacks knew. She may have left the ward unconscious, but her powers of healing were well intact.

As the three walked through town Jacks noticed looks that were not as friendly as they had been before. Some of the people shut their windows and others stared wide eyes at the strange hunter who carried their beloved Flux through the streets. Jacks kept his head high, ignoring the looks and only focusing on the warmth of Fluxs body. Her heart was beating and he could feel it throughout himself. It was a warm feeling and he thought that he might be able to hold her forever. He shook his head at the thought. What was he thinking? He ha just met this girl, this nomad, and she was the prize of the city and her people loved her.

When they reached their destination, Bee Bee leading the way, Jacks following her little footsteps just a few paces behind, an old woman showed as much concern for Flux as the rest of the city. She hurried them inside. Jacks wondered what her specialty was and if she was a doctor or just a crazy old woman. She snapped her fingers at him to put flux down, but Jacks tightened his grip on the unconscious girl, as if he was a child clutching his favorite stuffed animal. His eyes were unblinking as he cradled Flux's head and spoke.

"I mean you no disrespect, ma'am…." Jacks searched for the words, but found none. Instead he sat down, laying the girls body across his lap. He couldn't explain, even to himself, why, but his heart told him not to let her go.

Narcissa watched Jacks, her elderly eyes filled with compassion, she didn't press him as he chose the sit with Flux cradled in his arms. She left them, pulling the staring Bee Bee by the collar of her shirt to light the dark corners of Flux's home.

Flux lain peacefully, breathing deeply in her rest she knew no different of where she was, but was comfortable all the same. she nuzzled into Jacks' shoulder, bending her hand at their wrist to curl into his arms. Perhaps he knew she was his key to Irpa, perhaps it was much more, Whatever the reasoning his secure hold of her left Flux in a deep sleep. The rest being sorely needed she couldn't wake even if shaken.

Behind them Narsicca questioned Bee Bee, and the child told the woman everything. The conversation between Flux and Jack in the ward made Narcissa's brow raise as Flux was known to be protective of Irpa's secrets. She also noted the jest in Bee Bee's voice when explaining Jacks Testing of Flux's motives to hurt him or not. this made Narcissa smile as she looked back across the room to the back of Jacks head.

Jacks had left home at an early age, his family lived in a small border outpost known for illicit trade and deep wells. Water was the ultimate bargaining chip, men died over it and poor woman did anything to get it. Everyone knew the price of an outpost with deep, non contaminated wells and for this reason the small outpost was constantly under attack by rouge nomad groups and out laws. Jacks father one night told him that if he did not leave he would end up dead. The next morning his father was found with his throat cut and his water supply gone. Jacks swallowed hard at the memory, but in it's severity it taught him two life lessons. One, never be scared to change. His father was right, had he not left that very next day he would have died a similar death. and two, never trust anyone in this world with water. It was a priceless accommodation. This was the driving force for Jacks, and his protectiveness over Flux. He would die fiddling Irpa, he would die protecting Flux.

Jack kept a tight, but gentle hold on Flux. He bodies warmth felt good, like a hot bath after a long cold day. He looked from Bee Bee to Narcissa.

Jacks spoke, unsure of how to go about it, so he decided honesty was the best policy.

"Outside the gates, as I am sure you know, armies of nomads kill over water each day. My own family was murdered for water and while I believe you hold some secrets here, one of which I know for sure. Flux can acess Irpa, and she has grown touchingly fond of me. I by no means want to take advantage of her, the opposite infect. I want to be her protector while we together travel to find the fabled land."

Jacks thought he may as well risk his own exposure, after all, if Irpa really did exist, it was their only hope. Jacks had a feeling fate would be in their favor to plant the seeds that would grow a new life.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Narcissa fiddled her hands about shushing at Jacks, Bee Bee at the same time covered her ears and grit her teeth looking around the room to the door and ran quickly to lock it. The old woman braught together her brow as her eyes stared into Jacks, not with anger, but much seriousness.

"So you want to find something, you'll never find it with that mouth. there are spies and ears everywhere in this world. evil is just waiting for you to slip, mis~step, forget...careful with your words in this city, most cities. the republic is everywhere."

Bee Bee stepped toward Jacks looking over Flux sleeping peacefully.
"Flux calls it Hollow earth"
she paused a moment, looking around the room at all of the geology displayed around the room.
"we rarely speak in here, but when we do we keep it light...and happy. Flux says...,"pausing again, "...negativity hurts the plants growth."
Flux stirred slightly in Jacks arms, simple and tiny movement realeased small coos as she situated herself.

"Hallow earth is Flux's birth rite. If you wish to find it you have to talk to her, child. The only one to have seen such a place is whom lay in your hands. Anything happen to her, Hallow earth is lost, I shudder to think what would transpire if the republic got their gluttonous claws it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollow earth. The words permeated and expanded within Jacks. Irpa, the world within the world, the legend that Jacks knew would be the savior to this planet, was now a reality. With Flux still in his lap he questioned.

"How is it that she hasn't done all she can to help this world? She is compassionate enough to help children? What about the children of those children?" Jacks felt his cheeks flush, he had seen the suffering caused by water, and the lack of it, first hand. Before much else could be said, a bell sounded. The bell that signaled danger. Just inside the outer walls, nomads had broken through. They had been ate Jacks, but now knew of Flux. They slaughtered woman and children indiscriminately as they made their way into town. A voice sounded outside the door.

"Narcissa! The nomads are back in force. We're are to be overrun Where is Flux?!"

Jacks had heard enough, he gripped Flux, the girl he knew that would save the planet with the wisdom of the Hollow earth she possessed, in his strong arms. Without a word he ran out the back door away from the voice that beckoned at the front. He sprinted down alleys and to an irrigation canal that ran from the city tot the desert waste land out side. The canal was dark and smelled of stagnant water. They were in complete darkness now and above them men died at the points of their adversaries swords.

Jacks put his lips close to Flux's ear, hot breath pushing from between his lips as he spoke.

"We need to escape. please, can you hear me?" Jacks knew they would not get much further int he dark if he had to carry her.

"We need to escape. please, can you hear me?"

His desperate words woke her, eyes fluttering open. His breath sending shivers down her limbs she felt a deep inner rush, flinging back to the waking world and quickly lowered her legs to feel the ground, leaving one arm around Jacks as she became more grounded. Sounds of muffled metal and frantic foot steps, Flux mind instantly shifted into hyperdrive as she grabbed jacks by the collar and ripped him away from his stance.

"The children" she whispered harshly, stopping Jacks at a cross road in the sewers, leading him quickly through the tunnels. Coming to the edge of a dirt wall Flux began to kick out the wall of loose brick. Crumbling stone crashed and spread along the floors and sent drops of water into the air as they sunk. WIth one last push she was through and into another room well lit with candles back into the sick ward.

Flux stopped in the dead center of the room, Her breath became deep and and slow as she fought back a boiling rage that at her heart melted into sorrow, pushing tears from her eyes. She felt them all in their beds, laying there, their lives stolen from them. Flux turned slowly, Her heart beating in tandem with Jacks closer steps.

She frantically moved from one bed to the other, feeling the childrens' faces her fingers meeting stab wounds, gashes, and many vicious injuries. Flux let out a scream that slowly rendered itself into the sounds only mourning wolves make. She stood again ignoring Jacks presence, her eyes suddenly fixing on the door as it opened, two nomads entering.

No Hesitation, No warning, No sound, Flux was across the room with a small knife already in the one nomads neck, her other hand wrapped tightly around the other's neck, her nails digging in as deep as she could get them. Ripping her knife away the nomad dropped and her attention focused only on the other still alive choking in her vicious grasp. She shoved her weight into him, slamming him into the door, her hand ripping the helmet away. Gripping the front of his hair she pulled back and proceeded to slam his head into the wall once...twice...thrice...again and again and again until she took a quick jerking motion with her knife across his neck.

Covered in blood she stepped away, heavy breaths released an aching in her chest. Staggering to the cabinets she sifted through them and began to stuff her bag full of first aid items, random pill bottles, charts of medication, antibiotics, gauze, needles everything she could fit. Her eyes drowning in tears, swiping the tears away as they dared to fall down her cheeks, she finished and opened a small bottle of oil. She turned the bottle over and poured it along the floor as she walked towards Jacks, plucked one of the candles from the shelves, and tossed it as she led Jacks out of the room.

Flames erupted behind them, Flux didn't turn around, she just kept walking.

Jacks, fists clenched about to spring into action, watched as Flux sprung to life. Her body moved in an almost premeditated way as she killed the nomads who had slaughtered one by one. Was she an assassin? Jacks wondered if there was more to Flux than he originally expected. His mind didn't have much time to dwell on this thought, as the room exploded into flame and they were back in the tunnels. A shallow dampness underfoot told jacks that they were nearing an exit.

"How did you……." Jacks thought about his words hard before letting them out "You've killed before…" He opted for a statement rather than a question.

Hands hung at her sides swaying with her long and steady strides away from the crackling fire.

"How did you……You've killed before…"

She stared blankly in her blindness, one step after the other clicking into the cobbled walkway of the sewers. She didn't have to answer him, He already knew the answer to his question long before he had asked it.
"My name is Era, I was born in Irpa and trained to scout on the surface. I left Irpa when I turned 17, I just Ran away. I couldn't...."

She stopped abruptly, unable to finish her sentence. Battling within all of the emotions that now manifested, each one bubbling into the layers of her skin. goosebumps rose the fine dark hair on her arm into the air. Shaking her head,

"...and that is all you need to know"

swallowing hard at the end of her statement.

The ground sloshed beneath their hurried foot steps. The water was thick with dirt now and had the consistency of loose mud. Moss grew up the sides of the tunnel in a half circle that disappeared into the darkness over head. Roughly thirty feet ahead, and past a left turn, light from the passing moon crept in to the dank tunnel. They had made it. Jacks took cation to peer out from the shadows before taking Flux by the arm and exiting.

Jacks shot Flux a concerned expression when she finished speaking.

"As long as 'all i need to know' doesn't get us both killed, I'm ok with knowing little about your history. Now isn't the time for that, Right now we need a plan, so if you have any ideas." Jacks, in fact, wanted to know a little more about her history and a lot more about her. even in a state of emergency his mind stayed on Flux.

They made their way out of the tunnel and up a small incline shrouded by dead trees. It was the the middle of the night and Jacks needed to rest, if only for a few minutes.

"The nomads will be after us now, they are still convinced that I have a map to Irpa and I killed two of their own this morning. We need to stay away from the open plains, at least until we can find a vehicle."

Jacks felt partially responsible for all this mess, he fought the urge to apologize. It was for the good of the planet and the future of humanity.

"Era." Jacks looked into her eyes. "I'll protect you to the best of my ability. You're the key to our future."

"You're the key to our future."

Her unseeing eyes looked straight through him, brows coming together in a woe filled expression.

"I am no hero" Flux feared the words she began to speak, Her mind seemed to be sparing the trial of hearing it from someone else.

"I am only a coward"

Turning away from Jacks she felt something coming. She pointed and crouched low to touch the ground with her fingers. "Six of them" She whispered,"From below....Jacks,"she stood slowly," They are coming from below"

Era stood in shock, a new look of fear took over her face. It was official, Irpa was officially in danger. Beneath her stone crumbled and fell away into a revolving and twisting dirt whirlpool. Sinking fast, Flux lerched forward and held fast to the ground. Jack was instantly attatched, Their wrists locked tightly together.

"JACKS!!" screaming to stay connected as something gripped at her hips.

The ground began to sink before them. Jacks had seen something similar to this many years ago, except it was caused when a poorly dug well had collapsed. Jacks felt his feet began to sink as Flux' locked onto him. Jacks held firmly to her wrists. He had the awesome luck of having his feet planted firmly on solid ground. Only a few feet away, in all directions, more of the swirling holes opened up. Jacks looked into Flux eyes, something began pulling. Something from the depths of the earth

"Flux. I won't let you go."

Just then the earth was sucked away from Jacks. He closed his eyes tight as sand invaded all his bodies crevices. There was no light. There was only sad and darkness, then a solid surface. The wind was knocked from jacks, he was still holding Flux' wrists.

It was not just him and her in the room. Heavy feet fell all around then, and Jacks noticed for the first time that something was holding onto Flux. He went for his side arm, but found that he had lost his belt in the fall. There was a knife fasted to the indue of his boot, if he could just get to it in time. He worked fast, his fingers working their way down the indie of his left leg. He snapped the button that held the 6 inch blade in it's leather holster. It was razor sharp with a tanto style tip. He drew and jumped to his feet. However he was unable to attack as something thick and heavy collided with the back of his skull. He felt himself slipping away, the only thought in his mind now was.

Flux…….

• Love
Flux came to, in darkness. A roaring silence cut through her eyes to reveal her and Jack, Whom laid tied beside her, centered in a large arena. 25ft High stone walls edged the half-mile long Pit of death. Spiked with Creatures, Bodies of Dire moles with the heads Of Black Octupi, chained every 40ft from eachother. These were Flux's arch nemsi. The Apocalyptic Cannibal Colliseum. She would love nothing more than to burn this entire city with fire.
These were the people who kidnapped children form the beds to hack at their meat and suck on their bones. Body snatchers of the wasteland feeding on human flesh, fueled by it. This mass of flesh eaters were the ones who took from flux all the things she had once had an now, she finally stood face to face with her one and only enemy, The Red Barron.

Vision clear, all was in her sight. Questions of how she was able to do these things started to enter her mind for the first time. Memories flooded a rushing sensation through, Flux. Blurry visions of The Red Barron, pushed away by here and now. All halting under the consuming and deeply twisted voice of the Barron Himself. Flux stood back to back with Jacks, working together to get untied, the black suckers like whipping shadows barely missing them, looking up to the balcony he stood upon. Flux shook at the sound, she was not ready to fight this man yet and she knew it.

"Vwell...Vwell...Vwell. Vhat have Vwee here?"

Said the Barron, a heavy German accent sounded through his announciations.

"Heh Heh Heh, Those nomads were right, The dirt worshiper was in Chernobyl...Era Flux."

Descending the stairs down into the Arena, the large man was built like a Bear and moved as quickly as one. Hand bigger than Flux's head, ripped her away from Jacks on approach. The Red Barron Held FLux high over his head, sending the crowd into a roar louder than the sea in the storm.

"We...have...ERA....Flux!"

He slammed her body into the ground and began to rag her around, the octupi tentacles lashing at her every few whips striking her. Barron laughed and lifted her into the air now by her ankle.

She promptly spits on his face, throwing her brashly, Flux slid to a grinding halt the back of her leather erodded away. The Barron turned to face Jacks, eyes locked and loaded with rage. Flux quickly stood and plucked a stone fromt the ground and hurled it as hard as she could. Striking the back of The Barron at his back. He turned to see a bloodied Flux charging him. With a hearty laugh and braced, flexing his muscles and rose to fight back.

As they met, she flung herself into the air head first arms reaching out to catch and swing from his arm to firmly wrap her legs around his neck.

Just in the distant the ground began to shake as a Metal door swallowed Jacks into a chamber, with a thick glass-round window, he would have to stand to look out of The compartment he fell through, closing quickly behind him. Jacks was trapped.

Above the ground Flux struggled to stay above him her body seemed like a delitate twig in comparison to The red Barrons mass. He finally caught her hair, and yanked her from his neck. Tearing her shirt away to reveal a secret to the entirety of the Cannibals. Knowledge she was destined to protect was now in the hands of the most evil force on this earth.

Held to stand by her hair, at tip toes, covered herself with her arms. Angry tears started to swell in the corner of her eyes as she looked for Jacks. She couldn't see him and suddenly for the first time she thought to herself.

"This is it...This is how I am going to die."

• Love
Reactions: October Knight
Still woozy from being knocked out, Jacks was thrust into a world he had previously assumed to only be nomad legend. Like so many other stories brought across the wastelands, it also turned out to be true. Terrible creatures that kidnapped humans, made them fight, then ate them.The Apocalyptic cannibal coliseum was as much a fable as was Irpa, and Jacks knew that if they made it out of this alive they were no doubt on the right path.

"FLUX." Jacks' voice screamed, but never cracked. His sense of duty to protect Flux out weighed his own fears. It was hard to be scared when something larger than you, larger that life, is at sake. There was no where to run, no way to help Flux, no answer to the commanding voice of The Red Barron. However, just before watching Flux get attacked, then falling into a black pit with a hard floor, Jacks swore one thing: To gut the Red Barron. A rage that Jacks hadn't felt in many years was boiling up in him. If he could…just….get….free.

Blackness, tamped only by a hazy light drifting in through a port window. His head swam, something was moving. Whatever he was in wasn't part of the earth.

"What the f...." Jacks stopped short, standing and peering at two people standing at the controls of...

"A vessel?" Jacks said aloud before making a fish and pounding the thick window.

"Who are you!? Get me the fuck out of here, I need to back back to the surface." He strained against another wave of rage.

"Get me out of here!"

Two large goggles appeared through the window, the sound of metal barely audible behind the clicks of and heavy grinding of gears, the vessel was large, revealed as the goggled figure opened the door. Weapon strewn along the wall behind him. Guns and enough Ammo to blow them all sky high, even from beneath the earth surface.
the man spoke with a young and high pitched voice.

"Right...No time,well ok....ok fine."

He stood to the side letting Jacks take in the sights and sound of drilling through the dirt at 35 miles an hour.

"We are taking you back around, grab what you can and get flux back in one piece OK?...ok fine." He led him by the shoulder to the gun racks,"When you get back on the surface stay low to the ground. The baron always swings too high"

With a sudden jolt the a side, a hatch flung open. Jack's and his chosen weapon were kicked from the burrowing car and back into the arena. Flux stopped once, twice, dodging large fists. clutching fabric to hold it up and attempting to balance with the other.

She heard Jacks and in a split second of distraction, was again caught by the ankle and hoisted up into the air. Revealing a large tattoo just about entirely covering her back. What looked like a tree. Flux wriggled in the Barrons Iron grip.

"JACKS!" shouting for help.

Jacks and angry and frustrated, but his eyes shot open like champagne corks as he saw the wall of weapons. He barley had a moment to take in the appearance of the two, young inventors? Soldiers? Tinkerers? Friends of Flux. That was all Jacks cared about. The eyes of a killer stood against the backdrop of an arsenal as he listened to the young, be-goggled man speak.

Jacks Just nodded, taking a long, razor sharep bowie knife and short cross bow looking apparatus with two triggers and about 50, one foot long arrows in ready loaded barrels. Back to the arena, immersing from the ground in some sort of tunneling machine. Jacks was ready.

"Jacks!"

Jacks took little noticed to the hideous, chained beasts. Instead he eyes the Barron who held Flux by her ankles. His flesh felt clammy and tingled. The earth shook again, Jacks, Bowie in hand, was thrust right into one of the Mole-octopus men. The creature was startled, but only for a split second. Giving Jacks just enough time to stab it through the bottom of it's head, and out through the roof of it's mouthj. Blood ran in thick strands from the won to Jacks, covering him in blood. The Other beast around him went furious and began thrashing with great force. Jacks stood, staring down the Barron.

"Let her go" Jacks yelled, facing the Barron, stepping closer "Although I must warn you. Releasing her will not spare your life." His eyes shone with fury. He was banking on the fact that if he wanted Flux dead he would have already killed her.

• Love
The Red Baron's twisted smile faded quickly as he was confronted. He turned his body to face Jacks. Standing nearly 7 and half feet tall, Skin melted together into a nuclear abomination. He breathed in deep, chest expanding. Worn in tight leather spiked suspenders and dirty black slacks caked in blood and marrow. The one thing that set The Red Barron apart from all of the cannibals was not just his outstanding consumption of human flesh, they was something else. The story is as old as Irpa, He, in the side of his head had a red metalic technology implanted and someway, is wired into his brain. What its purpose was? unknown.

His features were twisted and his thick german accent made him sound beastly. The look in his eyes, indeed, he wanted Flux alive. Not to kill or eat. Large combatant boots sent a large cloud of dust billowing around his large feet. He shook flux by her ankle and yelled out to the man.
"Enjoy the sight for a bit longer, Flux is mine, and no good to me dead. She...is...mine."

He uprighted Flux like a rag doll, she was too tiered to fight anymore, the fatigue apparent as her limbs merely dangled. Held tightly against The Baron, she became short of breath. too tightly he held her. Not being wary of how fragile she really was and it was crushing the air from her.

"Flux is mine" he manically repeated and proceeded to slick his disgusting tongue from collar bone to neck, Flux screamed wildly. Feeling trapped and defeated she didn't want to entertain any such thoughts the baron could have going through his mind. She kept yelling out, weakly struggling to break free.

"If you vant her? come and get 'er" he said finally releasing her to let a limp flux fall flat to the ground. Charging Jacks as The Irpa guardian lay still where she was dropped. The round more than shook with the grinding gears of the digging machine as it emerges once again. Rocks and dirt flying everywhere as the ground again is upheaved, throwing the Baron off his step. The goggle man reveals himself from the clearing dust to shout out.

"OK...OK FINE," The golden yellow jumpsuited tinkerer tosses a slew of 7 or 8 metal balls into the air and suddenly all at once sent electrical currents through the mutant octopi moles. Soon the mutant creatures dropped one after the other opening up Jacks range of movement significantly. in the distance, another...an second golden yellow jumpsuit, this one being a woman, goggled as well. Seen scurrying to Flux and gathering her up, dragging her along the ground towards the hatch to ge her to safety.

The Red Baron was on his feet again soon, ready to charge back towards Flux and her escape. Making the sore mistake of forgetting about Jacks.

Dust kicked up all around them, loose rock spitting from the earth before the large stainless steel drill tip emerged. Jacks ducked as a swinging tentacle nearly took his head off. He gripped the handle of the crossbow, eyes piercing through a cloud of debris and mayhem. The Red Baron was still in pursuit, almost mechanically, as the two tinkerers and Flux boarded the mole machine. Jacks, turned. Not flowing the others, but instead turning towards the baron,

Jacks stood, knowing he only had a small window to eradicate the underground cannibal. He was determined and his face was tight with concentration. He had always been a decent shot, having grown up in a small well town that relied on the hunting skills of the men for fresh meat. He broadened his stance, legs spaced and planted firmly into the earth. Jacks had little to no knowledge of robotics, however he was no idiot and quickly realized that whatever this creature was -half man powered by robotics- was wired by an implant in the side of his head, the mother brain? Jacks did not know this word, but he knew the word kill.

"Back the fuck off" He rose his weapon, the automatic crossbow pulled back taunt and ready for fire. He released one arrow, near miss, lodging itself into the eye of the baron. The Baron laughed, but not for long as a second arrow flew from the bow, hitting smack dab into the metallic red panel in the barons head. He twitched spasmodically, his mouth leaking a whitish red good.

A sudden roar from beyond the colosseum told jacks it was time to go? Was there an audience? He had no time to stick around. The mole was already starting to engage and Jacks had to jump through the bay doors before they slammed shut and pressure locked behind him. He wasn't sure if he killed the Baron, and would later wish he had finished the job.

"Flux!" Jacks ignored the two tinkers and removed his jacket, covering Flux with it.

"Ok, Get us out of here." He said to the tinkers, in his eyes was a deep look of earnest gratitude. Without the tinkers, they would be dead.

Roaring engines sent heavy vibrations through everything as they traveled through the earth's crust. The male stepped towards Jacks and knelt down next to flux, pushing his goggles up to his head. "My name is Konrad, ok? I've known Flux for a long time, That is my twin sister, Kerma" He said pointing back into a doorway that Kerma stood in against its frame, a worried look on her face.

Flux was stuck in a dream, no, more like a nightmare, a never ending nightmare that played over and over again. Konrad put two fingers to her wrist and counted in his head while eyeing a rarely seen in this day, digital watch.

"she has a pulse, slow, but a pulse. ok?...fine"

Konrad stood and backed away, Kerma coming over with two medkits and bandages placed the items on the floor and then held out her arms "We have to flip her over and tend these wounds." Kerma also had large goggles with short blonde hair propped up into cute puffy pigtails and golden honey colored eyes. She took Flux into her arm taking jacks jacket and laying it across the floor, laying flux pace down across it.

"Era, we need to keep you low for a while." Kerma's voice shook with sympathy, cracking with some tears that began to form at the corner of her eyes.

With a wet bandage she began to wipe away the dirt and blood from Flux's skin.Revealing up close and personal the Way to Irpa. An Intricate map inked into her skin showed how pale her skin really was. The young tinkerer Soaked a few cotton balls in alcohol and dabbed at the gashes across Flux's spin and lower back. She motioned for Jacks to help flip her back over to reveal the front was as damaged as her back. Flux was torn apart, only she still remained in one piece. Bruised and Bloodied, caked in dust and dirt, The Guardian of Irpa slain and defeated.

"You must be Jacks. Narcissa had sent us word of your arrival in Chernobyl. Narcissa wants you to know that She and Bee Bee made it somewhere safe." Kerma sounded as fatigued as she looked. Exhausted and Emotionally drained, seeing her childhood friend in such a state took a toll on her and began to wipe at her eyes.

"Era I'm sorry we didn't get here sooner, we came as fast as we could."

Konrad took off his goggles and held them in his hands, his think near whitish blonde hair stuck straight up in a fashion similar to his sisters. The expression on his face was as devastating as Kerma's, they cared for Flux, and it showed.

Jacks was thrust in to multiple situations that forced him to do the one thing he hated most: Trust. First with Narcissa and Bee Bee in Chenoybel, now again with the Tinker twins (From this point on this is how Jacks would refer to them in his mind). It was hard, to say the least. The dealings in his former life had in no way prepared him to do the things he must now do. Irpa, for the good of humanity, to make a name for himself as the human who bridged the gap and saved a dying planet. After all, humans are the ones who fucked up the planet in the first place, why not a human savior?

Inside the cab of the drill was not made for a man Jacks' size. He had manage to narrowly avoid the low cabin header that went to the cock pit twice already, however he wasn't as lucky the third time. He rubbed his head, but quickly forgot his pain as his eyes went to Fluxs partially naked body. He had been to preoccupied in the stadium to realize what he was looking at. This was it, the map.

"You must be Jacks. Narcissa had sent us word of your arrival in Chernobyl. Narcissa wants you to know that She and Bee Bee made it somewhere safe."

"I imagine that safe places are going to become a rarity for us as time goes on. Everyone on earth is either after us, or the map." Jacks meant it when he said 'us'. Even after the short time he had known Flux, there was only her, him and those that would help them unlock Irpa.

Jacks drew in breath as his eyes traced the outline of the map, and the outline of Flux's body. She was more than just a pretty face, that much Jacks was sure of. The sting of her injuries, and that fucking abomination that had caused them made him rage. He kept it in though. There sass always a time and place, there would always be a time and place.

"Era I'm sorry we didn't get here sooner, we came as fast as we could."

"Any longer and I would be getting flossed out of the Baron's tooth right now." Jacks smiled "Thanks. Both of you."

• Love
Kerma laughed lightly at Jacks witty humor and quietly returned to what could only be described as a cockpit. Buttons of all colors and shapes lit up randomly, electric tones and notes seemed to put an industrial tune in the air against the grinding earth around them.

Konrad sat next to his sister and in tandem they both replaced their goggles over their eyes and gave each other a high five. Kerma pushed down hard on the stick while konrad flipped a switch or two and hovered his hand over a large yellow button, waiting for Kerma's cue.

"Jacks! Strap Era and yourself into these seats behind us! Cannibals will be on our tail in no time is we don't kick it!"

• Love
Reactions: October Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.