Secrets....(~PurpleRose~)

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Poisoner, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thousands of years ago, humans and dragons used to live in harmony with one another...but humans began to get more and more violent towards one another. And as a result, the dragons completely disappeared...no one could figure out why and figure out where they went to. Some believe that they went back into the ocean from once they came while others say that they buried themselves deep under the ground near the planets core in a sort of deep hibernation. Of course that was thousands of years ago, so humans have learned to live without them, and now of course just have stories that the elders have told- which have been handed down for centuries on how it used to be. King Merthais and Queen Esther rule over most of the countries, they have a daughter and soon to be a son...

The babe was doing quite well and was very healthy until the queen did something against what the doctors told her to do and loses the baby. Grief stricken and full of despair, Queen Esther began to be distant from her family and subjects. A month or two after she lost the baby- while walking alone along the bank of a river, she finds a baby boy. He was wrapped in a tattered and torn cloth and put in a wicker basket that had seen better days. If she didn't do something quick, the babe would drown. She then goes into the middle of the river and retrieves the babe, only to find out that he was half dragon. Not caring and grief stricken, Esther took him back to the castle, of course wrapped up so no one could see what he truly looked like. And she named him Bane. The King is the only other person who knows of Bane's existence.

They had simply told their subjects and their daughter that the queen had lost her baby. And they set new rules, so that their daughter didn't find her adopted sibling. He had the West Wing all to himself. While he was growing up, maids and maidens took care of him. But that was about 19 years ago. Bane had the entire right wing of the castle to himself, no one was allowed to go into that area except for the Queen. But the king suddenly came down with a terrible illness and this took up all the queen's time. So she decided that maybe she should have someone else take care of her dragon son until the king got better, since she would be focusing on him. The day after the king got sick, she called all the maids into the court room and had them line up. She was going to choose who she thought was best to do the job. She looks at all the young women in the room. Looking them up and down and thinking about how good of a worker and how nice as well as obedient they are. She then stops in front of Anastasia Vera Barton, she was one of the newer maids, but she had all the qualities that the queen was looking for. "Anastasia...will you please follow me." She says.

2. Anastasia had awoken in her small chambers at the sound of the morning birds and lazily glanced around at the confined space.At least there was a window,which after a little cleaning effectively made the room seem more spacious.Rising from her bed,she opted to take a quick bath before setting off to do her chores.After she was clean and dressed,she twisted her damp hair into a bun atop her head before heading downstairs.Anastasia was in the kitchen making breakfast when the Queen called for all the maids.As they lined up for the queen's inspection,Ana nervously gnawed her lip and awaited her turn under the judgmental eye.When the queen called her name,she stared with wide eyes at her for a moment before quickly following her queen."Is there something you need to talk to me about?If it's about my chores,I was just about to do them I promise."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Queen Esther laughs a little bit and looks at her as she turns around. Before hand she had ordered the rest of the maids to go back to the duties. She then shakes her head as she chuckles again. "No, no...my dear, your chores are fine." She says. They were heading toward the East Wing, as Ana knows no one except the queen was allowed to go into the East Wing. Queen Esther noticed that Ana had stopped. "Please continue following me, it's alright." She says. And then she continues to speak. "As you know, the King is terribly ill, and well that takes up all my time." She says. "So I am instructing you. That you have a new job. You won't be doing any of your normal chores. Instead, you will be a care giver and teacher. But as well as doing chores as to say making sure that he gets a bath and maybe cleaning up after him. Oh and cooking him meals and such." She says. And then they stop in front of the doors of the East Wing. Everything was covered in a fine layer of dust- the large wooden doors, the suits of armor, and paitings were covered in it. Then Queen Esther pulls a key out of her pocket and unlocks the door. "For now on, you will be the only one that is allowed beyond this point. But you are allowed to go in and out and get supplise and such. But please make sure when you leave, to lock the door. We don't want mayham in the castle." She says and then hand Ana the key. Before turning and leaving her there, she looks at her once more. "He hasn't really had human contact that much, so beware. And his name is Bane. I must be off, I've left the King for far too long." She says and briskly walks away, leaving Ana standing by the large wooden doors.

4. Ana watched the queen leave in confusion before she turned back towards the unlocked door infront of her.She slipped the key into her pocket and tentatively opened the door.Sticking her head inside the door,she glanced around the room for a moment before slipping inside and shutting the door quietly behind her."Hello?"She called out quietly,wringing her hands nervously.The queen had said Bane wasn't used to human contact and that seeing him would cause mayhem in the castle.What was so different about him?

5. Bane heard her calling, at first he thought it was his "mother", but then he realized that it was a different voice. Automatically he went into defense mode and being stealthy in the East Wing. Since he was used to having the East Wing all to himself, having her there, sharing it would be difficult to adjust to. Bane heard her calling out again and then heard her foot falls on the floor. He lets out a small dragon like hiss and decided to see who was calling out to him. He flies up into the darkness of the ceiling, where he could be hidden quite well. He would watch who ever had come into the East Wing and decide if they're dangerous or not and to see why they came in the first place. His wings held him up in the air and made no noise as they flapped to keep him up in the air. He then spots her and tries to study her from above, since he had better eyes than a human being. But something made him curious about her and decided to try and get a closer look at her. Bane spots a chandler and decides to land on it. By now he noticed that she was under it and it swayed back and forth, with some of the crystals jingling.

6. Ana stepped forwards into the room and venture curiously into the hall area of the east wing.She couldn't help but feel that something or someone was watching her from the shadows.Her eyes scanned the darkened corners and walls for any signs of movement but found nothing.With a sigh she pushed her worries to the back of her mind and passed them off as simply being her over active imagination.The hall was a gorgeous sight and she wondered what it would be like to live here.'This is amazing.I wonder what the beds feel like.No,stop thinking about that Ana.Those are only hopeless dreams,you're lucky to have the tiny room in the basement,only a few of the maids are even allowed to stay in castle.'She thought to herself but she knew that was a lie.Most of the maids didn't live in the castle because they had homes to go back to.She was torn from her thoughts when the chandelier above her began to swing and her eyes caught sight of a dark shape on top of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bane was watching her from the chandler. The only reason he didn't move, is because, he knew that she could get to him. His tail twitched slightly, which could see- but only as a part of the black figure that was looming above her. He wasn't sure how to react to her. Part of him wanted to jump down and look at her even closer. And another part of him wanted to run away from her, or fly away in his case. The part of him that was afraid was taking control of him now. Since having no human contact really, it made him unpredictable and dangerous. He the lets out a loud dragon like growl as well as a dragon like hiss. He was warning her, that this was his space and that she was intruding in on it. He knew how to speak, but he usually didn't speak- not unless spoken too. But in this situation, he decided to speak. "Who are you?" He says with a dragon like hiss. "And what are you doing here?" He asks again. And it was said in a sort of almost animalistic tone and he was demanding an answer now!

8. Anastasia stood frozen in fear as the figure hissed and growled at her before speaking.She tried to reply but it seemed her vocal cords were failing her in the her current state of shock."I-I-I'm An-Ana and th-the queen sent m-m-me to take care o-o-of you."She stuttered in reply,her brain and body beginning to function normally once more but she was still on guard."You're Bane,right?"She hoped this was who she was taking care of and not some stranger who had snuck into the castle and was planning to attack her.Squinting her eyes,Ana struggled to see who the mysterious voice belonged to but her eyes could not see past the layer of darkness withholding his features from view.Briefly she wondered how he had managed to get up there in the first place and why he was hidden away from the rest of the castle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bane was still on top of the chandler, blending into the darkness still. He was listening to what she was saying. He was smart and knew what she was talking about. And then she said is name, this made him a little curious, but he still didn't come down from the chandler. "Yes, my name is Bane." He says in a rather calmer tone. But he wasn't happy still, that she had invaded his territory. He was actually still quite afraid of her. Bane's tail twitched again and caused the chandler to jingle again. He was thinking about what she had said and soon decided to speak again. "Why has Mother sent you to take care of me?" He asks from the darkness. Maybe just maybe if she answered this, he might come down to get a better look at her. As well as showing himself. "Is Mother alright?" He adds. This time there was concern in his tone of voice. It showed that he really did love Queen Esther as a mother figure.

10. Ana shakingly answered the mysterious hissing figure."No,no the queen is perfectly fine.She sent me here to look after you since the King is so sick.She wanted to spend more time with him."She replied shyly,hoping she hadn't said anything wrong that would anger him."She mentioned you hadn't had much human contact so I'm sorry if I'm intruding.Im still a bit new to all this."She realized she was rambling but she always did when she was nervous.His intimidatingness grew as he stayed hidden within the shadows.Her eyes glanced around the room nervously as she awaited his answers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. He sighed with relieve when she siad that his mother was fine. But the king, he could careless about him. He really didn't think of him as a father anyways, he had always treated him differently anyways. When she apologized for intruding in on him, some of his hostilness went away, he couldn't blame her for it, that is if he did, then he would have to blame his mother. Since she was the one that had sent her in the first place. He could sence her nervousness and fear and guess that maybe him being in the darkness was making her that away. But he was afraid, afraid to come down that she would run away screaming in fear from him. Then he had thought of an idea. There were some old baggy clothing in the next room over, in rather large dresser. He decided to try and hide his dragon like features from her, so that he didn't frighten her so much. He leaps off the chandler and into the air, the sound of wings flapping could be heard as there was a rather large gust of wind that blew around the room. It was from his wings. It was silent now as he quickly grabs a pair of pants, a shirt and jacket from the drawers of the dresser. Putting them on quickly, he hid his wings and tail. And since the shirt and jacket were loose, she wouldn't be able to see them or even the outline in the clothing. And the pants were long enough to cover the claws on his toes. He would just keep his hands in his pockets, to hide his claws on his fingers. The only thing he had fortgotten about was the horns on top of his head. He then quickly goes into the room she was in and turns on some lights. He stood near the door way, rather nervous about this. And if she made any sudden movements toward him, he would flee.

12. Ana watched the dark figure retreat quickly into the shadows,startled at the sudden movement of the chandelier.When Bane returned to her room in baggy clothing,she wondered why he chose those specifically.As she silently looked him over,she was confused to find what appeared to be horns hidden atop his hair."Ar-Ar-Are those horns?"She asked him tentatively.Ana blinked a few times in hopes of the sight before her being just a hallucination or a manipulation of her imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.