Secrets of West Grove Manor

As he was ushered into the other room by the young Lady, his seat was opposite of where she chose to position herself. Eyes focused upon her as she spoke, he couldn't help but take in the slight hints of restlessness that gave off from her actions. It was pretty cute, one had to admit. Resting his hands over his lap, leaning over gently with the majority of his spine straightened, he showed clear interest in her words. A smile touched down on his lips at her offer, being a nature enthusiast, secretly, himself.
"I would love to accompany you through the garden, of course. It'd be an honor for me, seeing as I never had much of the woman's touch in the house to explain which flower was which in our own smaller version."
As his sentence trailed off, so did his gaze, directing downwards to his fingers, as they gently pressed fingertip to fingertip, apart, together, and repeat. His mother had left them when he was barely a teenager from a terrible illness. Always would be remember his mother for who she was; the most beautiful, wonderfully kind woman to grace the earth. His father had been very lucky he had found his Love so early in their age. Knowing how important that was, Galen still searched for the one to complete his inner half, that open space in the heart from birth. Never did he know when he would encounter that person, and so he kept an open mind to all those he came into contact with. However, as his eyes came back up to meet with the female across from him, his smile shone through once more, not able to ignore the mannerisms she was demonstrating. Of course, Miss Anya probably didn't notice the way she tucked away her hair, how her expression softened like a timid child but then could brighten up suddenly and create a blinding light in the room. But, Galen noticed.

Pulled away with the sound of a small person bouncing into the room, the young Lord straightened himself back up and cleared his throat (obviously, this was a habit of his). Watching as the girl ran over to Anya, setting down flowers, giggling all the while, and then skipping away from sight, no one could resist a chuckle from the scene. He had a feeling before she even stated that this was the Lady's younger sister. They sort of had similarities in their face and hair, and it made Galen wonder how Anya must have been as a child. She seemed very kind, soft spoken and quiet at the moment.. But, something told him that she could be a burst of energy, if with the right company, in the right situations. With the mention of dinner, Galen's eyes lit up for a moment, feeling that he was quite famished, his stomach silently poking at him for food. Lamb. Lamb was something he had never quite tasted before. His father was always that of a steak and eggs individual. This resulted often in meals filled with protein, and not much else. Galen would never tell his old man how he felt about this, since he wasn't one to complain very often. But.. he found himself wishing quietly for vegetables, something sweeter, lighter once in a while..
"If you will have me for dinner, I certainly can stay. I am not due back home at any time soon."
And with that, he nodded to the female head of the home, flashing a quick smile to both of the females in the room. Although, the difference was showing in how his eyes stayed to Lady Anya's for a couple added seconds, before respectfully turning back to Lady Harriet.

Anya smiled at him when he said he would stay for dinner. "Perfect" She said to him, she finally picked her tea cup up and took a small sip before placing it back down on the table, blotting her soft pink lips before looking back up at him once more. "Papa should be joining us soon, he must be telling with business in his study, you'll find that's where he is alot" She informed him, she watched him for a few moments, he didn't look bad, but she couldn't wait to get him alone, to get to know him a little bit better, she always found it easier to talk to someone when it was just the two of them, without her mother hanging over them, listening to every word they said, making sure they always kept to the 'rules'.

'The rules' were a set of guidelines set by her mother when Anya first began her search for a husband, they included 'hair must always be up in public' and 'never drink more than one glass of wine per dinner' She looked at her male companion and smiled softly. "How about we take that walk now?" She asked, glancing over at her mother for a moment, then back at him "I expect dinner to be ready in an hour, leaving us with just enough time for me to show you around" She told him, she stood up and watched as one of the maids stepped in slowly. "Ah, sweetie, can you perhaps go and get me my shawl, please?" She asked, glancing outside, although it was still summer, it sometimes got chilly, and the last thing she wanted was to get cold, the maid nodded and stepped out of the room, reappearing a moment later with the garment.

Anya slipped it around her shoulders "I can call the others in for you, Mama, when we're finished" She siad to the woman, she looked at her for a few moments. Anya never usually wanted to spend any time alone with possible suitors, so she hoped for once her mother would back down and allow her this walk, she turned and smiled at Lord Galen, walking over to him slowly and putting her hand out to slip it through his arm. "Shall we start in the rose garden?" She asked softly, smiling at him. "I don't think the children will be around there, not at this time of the day, so it should be rather quiet" She said.

Thalia Second daughter to the lord and lady. Thalia was only a year younger then Anya and she was the same height on she had auburn hair. She was wearing a white and gold head wrap around that dangled diamonds. She had a whitish gold dress with sprakles on it that went to her knees and had a wings with gold dust that touched her finger, and white and gold flats. She ran through the the door of the dinning room "Mother, Father I'm Sorry For Being Late I had to Change For Dinner.

Finding that the young Lady had been staring at him a couple times, Galen blinked his cat-like gray blues. Was the intense eye contact a good sign? It had been a while since a woman had given him attention as such, he was . . a tad rusty, you might say. Shaking his head, causing gatherings of brown hair to flicker about until they settled comfortably against his head, he awkwardly again cleared his throat, glancing to the ground. Would a man blush in times like these? Never. If he truly was masculine, he mustn't give the tiniest tint of pink to his upper cheekbones. Right? Hiding his face for the time being, until the hot sensation left his skin, he smiled and raised his chin back up.
"A man who works hard in his Study is one to look up to, indeed."
He himself did enjoy a good read or two. As for business work, well, he actually didn't want to go into that type of profession. His heart aspired to become an artist, which was very strange for his family. This being true, he would never open up to tell his father about this dream of his. No, as far as the old man knew, Galen was destined to follow along the family career as an accountant. How.. dull. Sucking in his breath slowly, he exhaled, switching his gaze over to the worker that came in to answer Anya's request.

Watching as the Miss strode back in gracefully, now with an extra garment for warmth upon her shoulders, the young man smiled as he carefully stood up from the seat. Dusting off the back of his vest, his head snapped from side to side as if he had lost something. Furrowing smooth eyebrows, they soon were to raise upon spotting the hidden item. A small, gold pocket watch, one that looked to be of a much older era, sat quietly on the cushion beside the one he had left. Shaking his head to himself, he bent over at the hips to slide it into grasp, slipping it back into his left pocket, safely again tucked away. Finding another timid seeming, though extremely helpful maid come over with his tophat, he flashed her a grateful smile before she was to disappear.
"Thank you, Miss."
With ease and in one motion, the hat was back on top of his head, fingertips caressing the rim to tilt it into it's rightful position.

As his attention shifted from Lady Harriet to Miss Anya, back and forth, watching their conversation, his face tilted to the side, watching outside of the window peering out to the world from the comfortable room. It looked so very lovely outside, as the sun slowly, ever so slowly was starting to set. The hues accompanying the sky were warm, with a few cooler clouds to add contrast. It was just wonderful. Lips curling to himself, he heard footsteps heading in his direction. Turning back forward, Galen brought his view down to the hand that outstretched to him, quite the dainty thing. Bowing his head respectfully, his upper torso leaning down with his arm as it was brought out, curling around the limb opposite his own.
"Miss Anya, I will wait no longer to see this garden of yours. Please, lead the way."
Smirking gently, his body brought itself back up to a proper stance, awaiting her to take action from there. And then his attention was stolen again, but just for a moment, as a younger girl ran through the door, bursting into the room. Staring for a moment, blinking a couple times, he had no clue who this was. Though, the rather smart individual he was, he could tell this was a sister to the Lady Anya, seeing as the new figure had just called out 'Mother' and 'Father'. Though, his head was turned towards the unknown sibling, his eyes brought themselves back over to meet with Anya's, a single brow arched in confusion.

Anya smiled at him and slipped her hand through his arm, she looked at her sister as she stormed into the room, she turned to look at him once more, noticing his confused look. "Lord Galen, this is my sister, Thalia" She told him, she looked at her sister and smiled softly. "Thalia, you're early, dinner isn't for another hour" She told her sister before looking to her male companion "Thalia, this is Lord Galen" She informed her younger sister "Now, if you excuse us, dear sister, I'm showing our guest the gardens, we won't be long" She said, before turning to look at Galen and smiling softly before nodding and starting her way towards the door, her hand staying inside his the whole time, one of the maids opened the door and held it for them, she nodded her head in thanks.

"I'm sorry about my sisters" She told him as she made their way down the hallway towards the front door, one of the footmen opened the door for them, she silently thanked him before stepping outside, heading down the pathway towards the rose garden, she could hear her younger siblings laughing loudly as they ran around. "I was wondering about where you grew up" She told him "You mentioned all the noise and fuss" She said, she had always had an amazing memory, always making small mental notes of things that pop up in conversation. "I'm interested to hear about it" She said. "Really I am" She said.

She turned the corner and looked at the rose garden "Here we are" She told him, she led him down the path, looking at the red, yellow, pink and white roses, she looked up at him once more. "What's your favourite type?" She asked, she would be out in the gardens the next day, the house needed some new flower arrangements and she usually took it upon herself to make them up with flowers from the gardens, she looked at the roses and smiled again, she fixed a crease in her dress with her free hand "It's nice to be alone, isn't it?" She asked softly "To not have anyone else with you, not having anyone watching your every move" She looked up at him, blocking her face from the lowering sun.

Erin looked up when he heard Cristiana's voice. He nodded and smiled happily. It had been a while since he had felt this happy. Mime looked over at Erin from his stall and rolled his eyes. Catching the horse's action Erin looked up and stuck out his tongue." Your just jealous that she isn't giving you attention!" Mime ignored his master and turned around to eat. Erin laughed and looked at the palomino mare he was brushing." I feel like a child again Sherry." The mare nudged his head and pulled on his hair attempting to eat it. Erin laughed and gently pushed the horse's nose away." Last time I checked love, I wasn't made of hay..." He finished brushing her and lead the horse back to her stall, closing the door behind her.

Thalia at the couple with envy she hoped one day she'll find love like her sister. She walked outside to the stable and smiled at the stable keep "hello miss Erin, do you know where your brother Zachary is?"

Lady Harriet's nerves continued to be grated as her daughters kept interrupting the process. Anya and Galen didn't need distractions from what was really going on. She managed to keep calm until the young couple left, then she frowned, but it quickly turned into a wide smile. Anya had finally taken a liking to someone. He seemed nice enough, which was great. She sighed happily as she began to picture her Anya getting married and moving in with Galen. "And the grandchildren," Harriet said softly, not paying attention to the fact that Cristiana was in the room and could see her antics. Cristiana coughed slightly letting Lady Harriet know she was still there. Harriet looked over at Cristiana. "Oh I do not want to bother with you. I am too happy at the moment," she motioned towards the door. "feel free to leave for an hour. I expect you back here for dinner. Understand?" Cristiana smiled at the Harriets words and bowed her had as she left the room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first place Cristiana went was the stable, that was the only place she wanted to be. She quietly slipped in behind Erin as he was closing a stall door and tapped his shoulder. "The Lady let me out for an hour before dinner," her eyes were bright while she looked at the young man. "So I am yours for the mean time." She blushed slightly at what she said, knowing it may have been too forward and rather unladylike, but for some reason, around him, she did not care, it was the only time she was truly relaxed. "Miss Thalia I believe Zachary may be around back cleaning the pots, if you don't mind me saying." Cristiana smiled softly. "He got in trouble with the cook today for trying to sneak a tart." She chuckled, her eyes showing pure amusement.

Erin smiled when he heard Cristiana's voice and turned, a wide grin across his face." Your welcome here anytime." Realizing Miss Thalia was there he nodded to what Cristiana said," Saw it happen as I was walking Mime by Miss Thalia." He looked back down at Cristiana and nodded toward Mime," Want another ride?" Mime poked his head out of his stall at the mention of ride and neighed happily. The horse unlatched his own stall and walked out toward where his master stood. Erin laughed and stroked the horse's nose." Clever aren't you boy... you learned that from Misty didn't you?" Almost as a response Mime nodded, making Erin laugh again.

Cristiana was amazed at how close a man and horse could be. "I think once is enough for the day. I need to stay proper for dinner." Sadness crept into her eyes as she spoked. She reached out and stroked Mime's neck. "We can just stay here. You could show me around." Cristiana nodded. She never spent much time in the barn. It wasn't until Erin came that she truly had a reason to. All she knew was the it has a weird smell that recently she was growing accustomed to. "Show me your daily routine." She caught his gaze, her eyes soft as she looked at him. His laugh is so pleasant. "I would show you mine, but I fear its rather dull."

Erin nodded feeling the sadness he saw in her eyes." Of course, though I fear mine may be dull as well. The day always starts off with getting him back in his stall." Erin pointed at Mime and the horse looked away, moving closer to Cristiana. He walked over to a stall holding a small white mare." From there I would go stall by stall and clean each stall while the horse was tied to the pole over there." He pointed toward a wood pole set in the middle of the stable. He proceeded to demonstrate, taking the white horse and walking over to the pole. He grabbed a rope and looped it around the horse's neck, then tied it to the pole." This here is Annabelle. She is the smallest horse we have in the stable." He walked back over to Annabelle's stall, which was already clean and grabbed the shovel." At this point I would shovel out all the dirty straw, and lay down fresh straw." He put the shovel down and walked back over to Annabelle and picked up a brush from the bench beside her." I would brush her now, which I haven't actually done today..." At the mention of brush Mime trotted over to Erin eager. Erin laughed and pushed the horse away gently," It's not your turn boy." He looked over to Cristiana realizing he had gotten far to drawn into his work and he smiled slightly embarrassed," Would you like to help me?"

She was truly interested in his work. Erin could touch things and form relationships with them. Cristiana had to stand quietly in a corner and do whatever the Lady wanted her to do. "I like your work." She smiled then walks over to him, eager to help him brush the horse. "You really like being out here with them don't you?" Cristiana looked over at him softly. "I would love to work out here with the horses." She placed a hand softly on Annabelle's side. "she is really pretty."

Erin smiled and nodded his eyes shining," Yes, they are a great comfort to me. I never seem to grow bored while working with them." Annabelle looked back at Cristiana and whinnied softly. Mime snorted and nudged Erin's back. " Thank you, she is one of the sweetest horses I have ever had the honor to work with. Mime I told you it's not your turn to get brushed!" The horse ignored what his master said and nudged him again, pushing him against Cristiana. Erin blushed and glared at Mime, who sauntered off to his stall revenge complete." I'm very sorry about that..." Trying to think of something to say to calm himself down he looked down at the brush. Annabelle snorted, and Erin handed Cristiana a brush." Brush side to side gently." He walked to the other side and began brushing the white horse off.

[I just wanted to drop by and say that I haven't dropped out of the roleplay, I'm just wanting for Stacisaur to reply so I can post]

Thalia thanked the help and walked to the kicthen for young Zachary. She saw him was the adishes and smiled He's so beautiful she glazed at his blonde hair that looked like blonde strands of the goledn sun. His skin was fair nice and milk like it always shined in the light with a glow of radence. He was humming a tone as he washed the dishes with a smiled that only a god could from Zeuse's days back with there were gods it was so bright and perally white. She could stare at him forever with his beauty bright and exposing, her emerald eyes glance over his body so muscular and fit. "Hello Zachary"she smiled a bright smile.

{Sorry bout the long wait. o.x real life, you know. Gets a tad in the way of things. ._.;
Gonna try to post here next on my list of posts to do. So. -nod.-}

(( No worries =] I've just wanted to wait for ya'll didn't want to jump too far ahead you know? Plus I might be out next week cause of thanksgiving break ))

{n_n I'm glad you're not too upset.~ And, that is understandable, next week. o.o I think most might be away.. Or a good majority. I assume so. -shrugs.-}

Of course, Galen did not want to seem rude as they were ushering themselves away from the room. Turning his head towards Miss Thalia quickly, giving a smooth nod in her direction, the slight tilt of his tophat to match a small smile, his attention was just as rapidly brought back to the young lady along his side. While they strode along past the door, opened up for them by a kind worker of the house, the Lord found his arm snugly bringing pressure to the fragile limb it kept secured in his grasp. Glancing down to Anya, he tried not to give off the feeling of being a weird individual and stare. It was often he found a fascination with some features of humans that might otherwise go unnoticed by the careless eye. Though, he has been trying of late not to keep watching people, as if they were paintings. His father had pointed it out more than once at him, thus it became a shameful habit he was in the process of breaking. Clearing his throat awkwardly, the young man looked forward, focusing on anything he could to keep his sight in place,

Upon hearing an apology uttered from the lips at his right, his eyes just had to fly over and meet with those hazel gems.
"Oh, please. I find your sisters are just full of energy. They are delightful, trust me."
Witnessing the small bodies running about like puppies almost, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit to himself. He always had wanted to have a younger sibling. Not to boast, but he thought he would be the ideal older brother to one, a sister or another boy in the house. Though, with the luck of things, his mother passing and all, it just never happened. Reaching up with his free hand to move wisps of hair away from his nose, Galen tucked some behind his ear before smiling down to Anya once more, about to add to his response with the new statement brought up on 'family'.
"Well.. My father has always been a business man, ever since I can remember. So, visits to our home from clients of his were frequent, partners as well in affairs with currency. It's all numbers, and not much that I take interest in, to be honest with you.."
Forcing a small twinge of a smile, Galen looked up at the sky, quite beautiful at this time of evening. The ways the colors were beginning to swirl to darkness, the sun tucking itself away for the night under a blanket of hills in the distance, foliage beyond what the eye could spot out in detail. It was very unique, and much welcomed for such lovely company as the Lord was graced with this moment.
"It was never really quiet, and the only trips we took were around the city. My mothers garden that was left in her wake, kept up by some of the caretakers of the house, really was the best thing I had for refuge from such noise and static."
Bringing his gaze back to the young woman's, his free hand gestured out flat towards all that was around them, the flowers, leaves, bright colors. It was just too much to ask for.
"I must tell you though, Miss Anya, your garden is just superb. It takes a lot of work to keep them up and thriving.. I admire that you have dedicated time to the care of it all. Ah, you and your family.. of course."

As they entered the rose garden, grayish blue eyes danced around, taking in all the hues of warmth surrounding them. Smiling brightly, Galen was in awe at the variety of plants and flowers. Thinking deeply on his favorite type of rose, his face scrunched up a bit in an odd manner. Nose wrinkled, lips pursed together, brows brought forward deeply with line along his forehead, the young man concentrated before grinning whites to answer.
"White. White roses, I believe."
A finger on that free hand was pointed to the sky as words parted his lips. Not noticing the smoothing art of her dress she was currently practicing, Galen looked around still, like a child in a candy store. Crashing upon reality once more with her voice guiding him back to the conversation, his torso turned to face her own. His arm loosened up a bit to be more comfortable for her, seeing as her own was more left to rely on the position of his own. Dimples matched the slight gleam in his eyes as he gave a nod, slowly happening before it was time to reply verbally.
"Yes. It has been a long while since I have had time to escape the watch of my father, or one of his comrades sent to babysit me and my every stance."
A roll of the eyes was necessary just then, this was true.

"I can understand where you're coming from" Anya told him softly, she sighed and shut her eyes for a moment before opening them and looking over at him once more "My mother's rather controlling, always watching my every move, as though she's waiting for me to make a mistake, waiting for me to ruin all her perfectly laid out plans" She said, she shook her head "I would never be like that to my child" She told him, glancing at the ground, then back up at him once more.

She led him through the rose gardens, looking ahead of her as she walked, she glanced over at her younger siblings "It's hard to think we were that age once" She told him. "To be so carefree without a worry in the world" She sighed once more, she glanced over at the roses and smiled weakily, she moved forward and picked up one of the fallen flowers, bringing it to her nose and taking a deep breath. "I think roses smell so beautiful" She told him, moving the rose in her hand as she spoke.

She fixed her dress, taking a crease out of it as she walked, leading him to the bottom of the rose garden, over to where her younger siblings played with their governesses "Dearests, you all need to go inside and get ready for dinner" She told them all, petting her sister on the head, the same one from earlier who had given her the flowers. "Thank you for your gift, sister" She said, planting a kiss on her sister's forehead, she had always been good with children since her early teens, often spending her time with her younger siblings to give their governesses a break.

She glanced over her shoulder as her siblings rushed inside, quickly followed by their governesses, she turned to look at Avery and smield softly before walking ahead towards the water features. "Papa had this put in some time ago" She told him "I think it's rather beautiful, Mama doesn't like it" She said, looking at the water feature as they past it 'Says it's far too modern for her liking" She informed him, keeping her hand slipped inside his arm, the rose still safetly in her hand

"Avery.." She started, but was cut off by the arrival of one of the governess "M'lady" The blonde haired woman said, bowing "Yes?" Anya asked "Her ladyship has sent me out to find you, she says dinner is going to be out earlier than usual and that you should make your way back now" The governess said "Okay, thank you" Anya said with a soft smile and a nod before sighing as the girl left "I guess we better get back inside" She told him, turning around and heading towards the house once more