Secrets In Our School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter was letting her mind wander. Not to far, of course, as that would just lead back to Keely. But she let it drift from thinking about her coworkers to Deb and Ronnie to her mother and on like that. She only barely managed to hold the memories of Keely at bay, especially knowing she was right there, right out of the corner of her eye.

When she caught Aaron's wave, a rush of relief went through her. Finally, a physical distraction. She gave a familiar nod and motioned for him to come over.

Sebastian's was focused on the paper so much so that he did not hear Karen enter the room, he just looked at the paper on his desk it was not the bit he had been drawing on but homework he had forgotten to mark over the weekend.He suddenly lifted his head quickly putting the paper into his drawer and standing up in a panic incase it was another teacher, seeing that it was only Karen he let out a sigh of relief before saying " you scared me" then smiling softly at her.

He was down the street from the school, his car screeching into the parking lot and coming to a slow as he pulled into an open parking spot. Which through the windows looked as if he was really singing into something, but when the door opened it was silent except for his keys jingling in his hands. He closed the door locking it holding his back pack with both straps on, fixing his hat . he noticed the people outside and the people going to enter the school, he kept his head down as it looked like he was thinking about something. He walked directly at the school his eyes a bit, reddish as usual for his problem.

Aaron was relieved when Carter motioned him over. He hiked up his backpack onto his shoulder and walked over, smiling a little. He scrunched up his nose a bit at the smell of the cigarette, but he was use to it.

"Morning Carter," he greeted. "You ready for school today? I'm really not feeling it today." The desire to complain about this ex was strong but Aaron didn't say anything. He was friends with Carter but he didn't want to bother her with his griping about the situation. Especially since he hadn't told anyone that he was pan. He didn't think she'd care, but it was hard to talk about it anyways.

-----

"Well I am rather scary," Karen said with a grin, leaning against the desk. She moved her hand over the desk, just lightly touching one of his. Close enough to stroke his fingers with her own, but ready to be able to pull away if anyone entered the room. As much as she yearned for the freedom to be affectionate publicly, she wasn't stupid. Someday though.

"How are you this morning? Had to grade any tests or homework? I don't think I could stand looking at what most people would come up with." She waved a hand in the air, shaking her head. "No offense to my peers."

" your only scary when you want to be " he Said as he let her hand run across his, he let her do it for a while then he continued to talk. " Well there not the smartest" he brought up one of his hands and ran it through her hair. He had missed her as it had been so long since they had seen each other.

"Yeah it's looking to be a pretty shitty one." Carter agreed as her eyes fell on a group of first years that were blatantly pointing and whispering about her. She blew some more smoke out, making sure not to blow it towards Aaron because she knew it bothered him.

She only knew a handful of things about Aaron. Some of the out guys liked to whisper about him secretly being gay, but they did that about anybody who was even close to a viable option. Carter knew that there was really no use in speculating. No one would ever guess that Keely was actually a lesbian and yet- well, it didn't matter now anyway.

"Hey, you have Mr. Grey for history this year? I'm buggin' man, I hear he gives lots of projects. Group work..." She grimaced and turned her head to blow out another stream of smoke. She could already tell the school was teeming with drama, asking students to cooperate would not be an easy request.

"Oh really," Karen said with a smile. "Well I'll remember that." She laughed at this comment about her classmates. She surely agreed with him there. She didn't dislike all of them, but seeing the way they acted in class, she could never tolerate teaching them.

"Guess you're glad you found one of the bright ones right?"

-----

Aaron nodded. "Yeah I believe so. I really don't think working in groups. They are some people I wish to avoid." Aaron subconscious patted his pocket where his phone was when he said that. Maybe it was best to just come out. Save him the trouble and maybe it'd get her off his back. Aaron looked at Carter, curiously. He knew that she was a lesbain. Maybe if he asked she might have some advice.

Yet thinking of telling someone made him feel uneasy. Carter wouldn't judge, but it still worried him.

"So do you have a plan for this year? College and all?"

"Well I wouldn't go that far" he said teasing her slightly the way he always did. Karens laughter brought a smile to his face, he thought for a moment realizing it was the first time he had smiled today but it did not surprise him that Karen was the one to make him do so. "Anything happening with your classmates I need to know about so I don't put two people who want to kill each other in the same group" he said as he began to crack his knuckles on his free hand.

Carter paused. She didn't have high hopes academically. She got average grades, sure, but wasn't involved with any extra curriculars and couldn't think of any teachers who would write her a solid letter of recommendation. She'd counted herself out of the college admissions contest a long time ago. "Well, I was going to move out of state with... this girl. Y'know, go to community college while she attends uni, get an apartment together..."

A twinge of pain ran across her muscles, thinking about how sure she had been when she formed that plan with Keely. She'd really thought they could live together in secret while Keely studied law and pretended to be the straight Christian girl her parents wanted her to be. Stupid teenage idealism. She sighed. "But that was a shit idea. I don't know anymore. Maybe I'll stay here, work, rent a house with some other people... Fuck, maybe I'll join a gang." She chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, took another drag. "What about you?"

Karen leaned against the desk and tried to think about what might be happening amongst her classmates. Rumors were always abound but Karen didn't try to listen to them. Tried. She always kept an ear out though, worried that one day she might hear something about her and Sebastian. There had been zero talk about it but it still didn't keep her from worrying.

"I think a few people broke up," Karen said, listing off names. "But I doubt you'll have luck in making good pairs. Even if you left people to choose, some people just look for problems."

-----

Aaron raised an eyebrow at Carter, but he didn't say anything. He didn't think she'd really have a plan in mind, but he was caught off-guard at what she said. He didn't know she had been involved with anyone. But the way it sounded, it didn't seem like things worked out. Aaron decided it would not be best to ask her anymore about it.

"Well at least you had a plan." Aaron hadn't put much thought into what he wanted to do. Move. That was always key. He wanted to get away from his family. He wanted to be able to start over in a place that could accept him and not tell him that he is damned and going to Hell. "I think I'll probably to go a college out-of-state. I really don't want to stay here. Get a clean slate. But I don't really know what I would want to go into."

"We are late! Go that way!" Sina ordered as she applied her eyeliner in the mirror, pointing left. "We would have had time to mapquest this if you hadn't slept in!" Blakely grumbled. She turned the wheel. "Instead of primping you could I don't know, call the school and figure out which way to go!" Blakely said. Sina huffed and dropped her eyeliner into her book bag, taking a final glance at herself in the mirror. I look beautiful, she thought to herself. Then she pulled out her phone. "Yes this is..." Blakely sighed as the school came into view. "Never mind we found it." Sina mumbled as she hung up the phone. They parked and Sina grabbed her back and jumped out of the car. Blakely behind her.

Blakely pulled out her schedule and looked to Sina. "I've got Honors English first." Sina's eyes widened. "How did you get into honors classes?" Blakely simply shrugged. "We speak the language don't we? It's easy for me." Sina looked at her schedule. "Integrated math." She mumbled. She looked over at Blakely's schedule. "We have choir and lunch together though." Blakely nodded. "We had better head to class. We are already late." Sina nodded, leaned over and hugged Blakely, then kissed her cheek, Blakely returned the action and the girls walked into the school, then headed different directions.

~Blakely's view~
Blakely hurried toward her class, managing to pass the office. She slowed and turned in. 'I don't like Thomasina.' Came a whisper from her mind. She did her best to ignore it as she walked up to the desk. "Yes, I'm sorry I'm late, my friend and I got lost. Can you tell me where this class is?" She asked pointing to her schedule. The lady behind the desk put on her glasses. "Oh yes. You go out of this office and take a..." The lady gave her the directions and smiled. "I should probably give you a late pass. It doesn't look good to be tardy on the first day." She scribbled one out and handed it to Blakely. "You have a good day." Blakely nodded to her, and darted from the office.

~Sina's view~
Sina rushed down the hall, counting the numbers on the door for her class room. Grumbling to herself. That dumb bitch. No way she got into honors classes. She probably sucked the teachers....She went on and on in her mind. Finally she found her classroom and walked in quickly. The teachers back was to her, facing the board. She slid quietly into a desk and pulled out a pencil and paper as she had seen every one else have. "You're late." The teacher said without turning around. "I'm sorry I got lost." Sina said looking down. "I trust it wont happen again?" He turned and said. "Yes sir." He nodded. "Good to be sure, I am going to assign you a detention. Let this serve as a lesson to all of you. When you come to my classroom you come to learn...not to gallivant the hallways and come up with a poor excuse as to why you are not here when the bell rings. Now Miss..."He looked down to check his roster. "Morendiaz is it?" She nodded. "Please copy down what is on the board, and prove to me that you are not just a burn out."

SO UM...I can delete this or whoever else can delete this if need be but why did this die?!?!
I meant this post. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
((Things die. You can delete it if you wish unless the others want to keep going))

((I'm still in this y'all))

"Well you get decent grades. And you're involved in theater and all that. You could probably do a lot of things." Carter tried to be encouraging but couldn't hide the flatness in her voice. Everything seemed to come back to Keely and that frustrated her. She sighed and dropped the butt of her cigarette, crushing it under her shoe just as the bell rang. "Well, see you in Mr. Grey's class." She said to Aaron, slapping his shoulder in a friendly way as she adjusted her bag and turned to walk into the school.

Other students were walking hurriedly to get to their classes as teachers could be pretty strict towards students without tardy passes, even on the first day. Carter, however, just didn't quite have it in her. She felt sluggish, bogged down by the memories that rushed back to her as she walked past classrooms, thinking of the times when she sat there secretly texting love notes to Keely or the empty study rooms where the two of them would go to kiss or just be together in secret. The pain radiated. She used her suppression method by thinking of other things, studying the floor tiles as she wandered along. The late bell rang and she watched a girl she'd never seen before walk as quick as she could into the classroom. Carter's classroom. Integrated math.

Her advisor had been frustrated when she chose to be transferred into it. Carter wasn't exactly a genius but she could do better than Integrated Math, surely. Carter knew, however, that she only needed one more math credit to graduate and it was the class where she was least likely to run into Keely. So maybe she was a genius in her own way.

Carter also knew a thing or two about the teacher, Mr. Duey. Like how he was a total hardass and how he went to refill his coffee cup exactly two minutes after late bell every day. She'd learned to look for these ticks in teachers as they helped her avoid being marked late after her secret rendezvous with Keely. She leaned against the wall in the girl's bathroom across the hall and waited the two minutes. Then she heard Mr. Duey shout, "Alright, I'll be right back so I don't want a single bit of dicking around while I'm gone, you hear me?" She gave it ten seconds to account for the time it would take him to walk from the classroom into his adjoining office and then strolled casually into the newly teacher-less classroom. She ignored the resentful looks from the other tardy students, jealous of her seeming luck. She slipped her letterman's jacket off, revealing a simple white boy's tee and sat down at a desk in the back of the room where Mr. Duey would think she had been all along.

She looked at the girl next to her, the new girl, and noted that she was copying from the board. Carter followed suit and Mr. Duey returned seconds later, suspecting nothing.

(( I'm still up for it))
Sebastian chuckled slightly at Karens comment there was never this much drama when he was in school but that was a few years ago.
" Well I have a class coming so unless you want them talking about us you better run along" he said he did not want it to sound harsh he just feared that people would find out about them and he would lose his job.

Karen nodded. "We'll talk more later." She meant it as a statement, but it felt like a question as well. She didn't want school to come between them any more than it already did. But she knew both were willing to put in an effort. They wouldn't have been together so long if they weren't. A sudden urge to kiss him goodbye hit her and she gripped her bookbag, nodded and left, feeling uncomfortable and hot. What was wrong with her?

She headed to her own class Honors English. She choose a seat at random just as class started. She started to write, but her mind was elsewhere.

-----

Aaron stood there for a moment. He took the comment in kind. Theater wasn't actually a bad choice and he did do well. But something about the conversation made him feel uneasy. Maybe it was because they both seemed to be holding back on something. Aaron licked his lips not really wanting to go to class, but knowing he couldn't afford skipping. If he messed up in school who knew what his father's girlfriend would say.

Thinking of her, Aaron really didn't want to go to class, but he moved. He fished his things from his locker and hurried to his first class History. That was going to be fun.

He got to the classroom as a girl left. He recognize her as a senior named Karen. He wondered if she was asking about an assignment. Aaron slumped into his seat noting his ex was only several desks away glaring at him.

Fantastic.

"Now Alexander," Alexander had to interrupt the counselor it bothered him when people called him by that name.
"Please call me Al." He kept his head low trying not to make eye contact he disliked eye contact with people of authority. He didn't mind other people but teachers, managers, and... parents. He just disliked authority figures all together that could be because of his father, well his real father, but he didn't really care all he knew was he just didn't like it.
"Okay Al now you're new to Preston High so just wanted you to keep your head up," on that note he looked up at her seeing it more as a demand rather than advice. "Smile, and please try to be nice to the other students we don't want any problems is that understood?" He only nodded and she smiled and handed him a note. It was a note to his Mr. Duey's class, integrated math. As he walked the halls he held his backpack on one shoulder and tried to watch his feet kind of like he was afraid he'd slip on something. He stepped into the class and Mr. Duey looked at him.
"And who are you?" He raised a brow and Al looked at the ground again trying not to make contact.
"A new student."
"Well for a new student you're late." It frustrated Al the way this teacher was talking down to him but he had to push that off his shoulders. He presented the note.
"Sorry was talking to the counselor." Mr. Duey snapped the note from his hand.
"Okay Alexa-"
"Please Al." Al had to interrupt again. He really hated his name and hated hearing it aloud even more.
"Alright Alexander Brassheair."
"Brashear." Said Al correcting him for his incorrect pronunciation which he didn't mind as much as the teacher's disregard of him asking to be called Al.
"Okay well anything you want to say?" He asked in that tone.
"No." Al just wanted to sit down and get out of the spot light. He absolutely hated the spot light.
"Well sit right there behind Carter." He pointed and Al just nodded as he walked to his desk again keeping his gaze down. He really just wanted high school to be over. He wanted to get out into the world were his 'desires' would label him as a freak, or monster. He'd just be another person in a world full of completely insane people. As he sat down he felt some of the eyes shift away from him. He pulled out two notebooks one for notes and the other for things he'd rather not even name. He just wanted to write them down and get it out of his mind. He hurt a lot but not physical or even mental pain it was emotional. His chest hurt as he thought and yet he didn't know why.

~Blakely's view.~
Blakely found her class. Honors English. She walked in quietly and headed up to the teacher handing the teacher a note. "I got lost and asked the lady in the office where to go." She was directed to sit down and she took one of the only few seats in the classroom. She found a history book on her desk and opened it up. At least this class does not have Thomasina in it. Blakely ignored the voice. Knowing it was too risky to publicly speak to it. Instead she just waved a hand in front of her face as she listened to the teacher speak. Silencing the voice. She had no intention of being caught talking to herself under any circumstances whatsoever. She pulled out a pencil and listened ready to learn.

~Sina's view.~
Sina wrote everything from the board and listened as the teacher lectured the class, taking notes on this. The teacher handed her a test along with the rest of the class, she had it finished before the rest of the class. As she sat there silently, the teacher walked up. "Students I shall be right outside in the hall, please finish your tests in silence." He pulled on Sina's arm. "Follow me please." After he got into the hall, he handed her the test she had taken, which was a hundred percent. "This is stuff that we will cover throughout the course of the year. You know this already, I'm afraid you are in the wrong class my dear. I will speak to the principal and have you moved tomorrow." Sina shook her head. "I failed last year because I didn't show up, not because I didn't know the stuff." He smiled. "Well here, if you don't show up, we file truancy charges. So I doubt that will be an issue. The punishment for skipping is severe here too. You come here to learn my dear, not to get an easy ride."

Status
Not open for further replies.