Secrets (Idea, Family Drama, Modern)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PunkPrince

Original poster
My idea is that my character has recently lost his father. Your character would be his mother's best friend (his mother died when he was 8 years old), and maybe she would have one or two kids around his age too, it doesn't matter. She hasn't seen him or had any contact with him since his mother died almost ten years before. She recently moved into his neighborhood and upon moving in found out that Cody's father has died. Knowing that Cody has no family left, she starts searching for him. She eventually accidentally runs into him after one of his drag shows and offers him a place to sleep. He accepts it, only intending to stay one day. Your character is struggling to try and build a relationship with him and wants to help him because he's the only thing she has left of her best friend, but he's trying to keep most of himself a secret from her because he's afraid that she'll react the way his father would and it causes a lot of drama between the two of them. She follows him to one of his drag shows at some point, and that's all I have so far. We can go from there.

My requirements:
-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be advanced or at least adept. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling and grammar. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation I'll most likely drop the thread. If you can't think of what to reply with, owl me and I can add a bit more.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't RPed in a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please message me first. I've RPed with people who have completely just disappeared.

Cody Rodriguez
Hair: Dyed a very light, almost white lilac, naturally dark brown
Eyes: brown
10499108_665996116820139_1151156106_n.jpg

891400_713329592047353_764657706_n.jpg

10449024_727722403937540_1888840542_n.jpg

10499108_665996116820139_1151156106_n.jpg

891400_713329592047353_764657706_n.jpg

10449024_727722403937540_1888840542_n.jpg

Cody is generally very quiet and reserved unless he's with friends. His mother died when he was eight. She was supportive and Cody was very close to her, and was crushed when she died. After that he was raised solely by his father, who he is not nearly as close to. When he turned seventeen he developed an interest in drag, and began performing wherever he could under the name Lita Winters. His skills in both performance and makeup were very poor at that time, but he still loved it. He eventually met another drag queen called Lucy Diamond, whose real name was Kenny Haruhi, and the two of them became very close. Cody was eventually introduced to an older drag queen named Cherie Riot, who was also Lucy's drag mother. Cherie saw potential in Cody, and started teaching him. Cody eventually changed the last part of his drag name from Winters to Riot, and started performing more often, though only at amateur drag shows. Cherie became the closest thing to a motherly figure that Cody had had since his mother died, and Lucy became like his sister. It is rare for them or anybody else Cody has met through drag to refer to him as anything other than Lita unless they absolutely have to. Cody has kept his drag and most of his other effeminate tendencies a secret from his father, as he knows his father thinks that feminine boys are strange, and never wanted to disappoint him. He did everything he can to try and please his father before he died, including faking being as masculine as he could. He suffers from night terrors and frequent hallucinations, which usually cause panic attacks. He was bullied severely in school, and still is on the street, but he never told his father about it. Since his father's death he has been living almost solely off tips he makes from drag shows, which isn't much. He has been sleeping wherever he can find, not wanting to spend every night at a friend's house because he feels like he's stealing from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.