Secrets and Smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blushing seemed to be becoming a new permanent part of Elise's face. She nearly swore her head was going to explode with how Ella pulled her close, commenting on how pretty she was. Oh, she could just lean in a little bit... Just a little closer... Elise blinked as she realized the time. "Oh Goodness! I need to get home!" She squirmed out of Ella's hold, about to dash off before turning and pulling Ella into a tight hug. "Thank you for the date. It was the best first date ever! Maybe we can do this again sometime? Oh! Also you're very, very pretty too!" With that all said, Elise disappeared, off to her home. When her mother asked about her little outing, Elise simply smiled and said it went well. Her family didn't need to know the details. Nobody did, really.

The next day, Elise was early again, writing in a notebook on her desk. She had bags under her eyes, but she seemed quite contented. The normally quiet girl was nearly humming as she awaited Ella to come and greet her like usual.

Ella looked into Elise's eyes with a look that could only be made at a time like this. She felt Elise lean a bit closer, their lips inches apart. Suddenly, Elise pulled away, causing Ella's eyes to widen a bit. She had forgotten about the time completely as well, letting Elise go. She saw as she was about to run away until she turned around, hugging Ella tightly. A small blush ran across her face and her eyes widened a bit. She hugged her back and smiled a bit. She laughed at Elise's words as they always seemed to make Ella happier than usual. "Thank you too and it was the best date ever for me too." She said watching as Elise disappeared and left. Ella inhaled and exhaled loudly and turned the other direction, walking back to her apartment.

That night Ella laid in bed thinking about how the day went. She felt pretty happy about everything and eventually she fell asleep. Because she fell asleep as soon as she got home, she forgot to put her alarm on! She woke up realizing she was already a couple of minutes late to her first class and she face palmed, realizing that she didn't meet up with Elise that morning. She quickly got ready, not paying much attention to her hair and stuff like that. She then quickly made her way to her car and drove to school a bit quickly. She got to school as the first period classes were changing to second period. She sighed a bit and started walking to her second period class.

Second period was home to Rita, a girl who often did not like Ella's go with the flow attitude and openness about her sexuality. As she saw Ella come in, she couldn't help but groan. "You know, everyday I sit here, hoping you won't come to school." Rita told Ella as the other girl took her seat. "But, nope! You come in here every single day." She glared as she watched her. "You know what you're doing is wrong, right?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she leaned toward the girl. "I mean, it's not natural." She kept a good glare up as she waited for Ella to respond to her goading, for her to talk to her. Some of the other students kept quiet, simply not wanting to be in the middle of a cat fight. Others just ignored the fight currently starting to focus more on their own conversations and their own lives.

As Ella walked into class, she could almost feel a glare being given to her. She looked at the direction that the glare was coming from and saw a girl named Rita who was obnoxious and annoying. Ella was unfortunate enough to have to sit next to Rita because of the assigned seats that they were given and it made everything so much worse. She put her elbow on the desk and rested her chin on her palm while listening to the dimwit that was talking. "Well I mean, as a student I'm required to come to school every single day. And honestly, the feeling is mutual." Ella said. She then continued listening and felt no offense at all, especially because Ella did get a lot of crap for stuff like this all the time. Ella felt the girl come closer to her and she felt annoyed by the girls words. She turned to face Rita and smiled a bit. "Hmm, I guess it can be seen as something wrong to certain people, but everyone has their own opinion." Ella said. She then looked at the girl a bit more closely. "You know, you're such a pretty girl, but your personality is so utterly disgusting. Thats probably why you've never had a relationship in your entire life." Ella laughed a bit.

Rita glared as she huffed. "I wouldn't want to be called pretty by a queer like you anyway. Besides, it seems you've converted someone else to your sick little games." She smirked as she pulled out an envelope. "See, I saw you getting pretty cozy with that weird girl, what's her name? Annelise?" The girl felt a strange sense of satisfaction as she slid the envelope toward Ella. "Don't worry, I also have digital copies. All of them are ready to be sent on a moment's notice." Rita watched as Ella looked over the photo. Right there in front of her, Ella and Elise were twisted around each other, about to kiss. Their whole posture spoke of something far more romantic than a simple friendly hug. "I would have never thought Miss Annelise would be a queer. I mean, she comes from such a good family..." Rita took the pictures back before Ella could do anything. "You know, I wonder what would happen if people found out the school's quietest and most invisible student was actually a homosexual? Just imagine the scandal! Especially with her parents."

Ella laughed a bit at her dumb comment. She then changed her face from a happy one to a serious one. She looked down at the envelope and she gulped a bit. She didn't know how anyone could have possibly found out about Elise. They had only hung out once! How could anyone have found out!? She grabbed the envelope, opening it, only to see a picture of her and Elise twisted together. Her eyes widened and she wanted to rip the photos, but she found no use in doing so. She glared at the stupid girl sitting next to her. Why was she doing this? What would happen to Elise if everyone found out? It couldn't happen. If it happened, there would be so much trouble for Elise. Ella didn't want to see that happen to Elise, especially because she was so conservative about Ella. She didn't know what to say or do anymore. She gulped a bit. "What do I have to do to get you to keep your mouth close and to keep the photos to yourself? I'll do anything. Please, just don't do anything with them." She asked. She knew that if she were to be mean about it that the girl could easily send the pictures out. Ella was actually frightened, but not for herself, but for Elise.

Oh, this was perfect. Rita smirked as Ella fell into her palms. "Oh, I'll tell you exactly what I want when I want it. For now, just keep your unnaturalness confined to yourself and that other girl. I'm going to keep this for when I need it. I just thought I'd let you know so you don't try and do something." With that the bell rung and class started. Once lunch rolled around. Elise quickly found Ella and smiled. Walking next to her, she led the girl to a table near the corner of the lunchroom.

"Hey, everything okay? I didn't see you today during homeroom, so I assumed you were sick, but here you are! Were you late? Did something happen?" Elise looked over at Ella in worry, trying to figure out what had happened to mess with their normal routine as much as it did. "Oh, I also wanted to ask if you wanted to maybe hang out again soon?" She couldn't help but blush as she looked over at the girl across from her.

Ella glared at the girl. How could someone be so cruel? She was so angry, she almost wanted to beat the crap out of the chick, but she knew she couldn't do something that bad. Or could she? She tried to erase the thought from her head, but she really wanted to just jump her and steal all the pictures and her phone, but it was morally unethical. The bell rung and Ella turned to face the teacher, but she listened to nothing. She was only thinking about the pictures and what would happen if they surfaced the Internet and school and if they would reach Elise's family. What would happen next? She couldn't concentrate. The rest of her classes were a mess. She couldn't concentrate, she got in trouble in all of them for not paying attention, she was a mess.

The lunch bell went off and Ella walked towards the cafeteria in a bit of a slow motion, not wanting to see Elise for some reason. She was a bit scared now. She didn't want to hurt the girls reputation by being seen with her. Just then, Elise popped up and led the way to a table. Ella sat across from her, listening to her. She couldn't even understand what Elise was saying at this point. She was so upset and scared at the same time. What would happen to Elise in the future if she continued to hang around Ella? She didn't respond to Elise because of how much she was thinking. She then snapped out of a it after a couple of seconds. "Nothing's wrong, I just happened to wake up a bit late. I forgot to set up my alarm." She said in a bit of a straightforward way. When Elise asked to hang out again, Ella gulped a bit. What if they got more pictures of them? What would happen if more people saw them together? She couldn't think straight. After a few moments she answered. "Of course. Would you want to come over to my place? Maybe after school?" She asked. "Or whenever you're free." She said.

Ella was acting strange. Elise frowned as she watched the girl across from her. "I can come over after school... But something's wrong." She crossed her arms as she watched Ella carefully. "You're not acting like your normal self. Something happened besides you waking up late." The brunette couldn't help but fidget as her routine got thrown into a loop. She wanted to know why her friend-her date?-seemed so out of it. "You can tell me if something's wrong, you know. I won't judge you. I mean, it would be kind of stupid to judge you for something making you upset, but I digress!" Elise sighed as she took another close look at Ella. "I wanna know what's going on in your head. So please, tell me what's wrong?" She tilted her head, waiting for Ella to start talking about what was upsetting her. In a daring move, Elise moved her hand under the table, out of sight, and grabbed Ella's hand. She squeezed it, hoping to comfort the other girl somewhat.

Ella figured that Elise would end up asking questions. She wanted to avoid answering any questions, so she was going to try and change the subject. "Alright then, it's a date. I'll wait for you after school." She said. Obviously, that wasn't going to get Elise to stop asking questions and Ella knew very well. She continued to ignore the questions, which seemed a bit rude in Ella's opinion, but she really didn't want to worry her. She wanted to try and handle everything on her own the way she always did. Ella's eyes widened a bit as she felt Elise's hand around her own. She looked at Elise and knew how much she wanted to know. She couldn't help but want to tell her, but she knew it wouldn't be that good of an idea. Ella exhaled a bit and then looked up and smiled at Elise. "Thank you Elise. I know how much you care and it means the world." She said. "I guess I should just come out and tell you what's wrong." She sighed a bit. "Look, there's this girl who's hated me for the longest time and I've always tried to avoid her, but now that's the last thing that I should do." She said. She then got a bit closer to Elise. "She took pictures of us back at the park when we were a bit close and personal. She has the pictures on her phone and on paper." She said. "I told her I would do anything for her to delete them, but she told me she'd save it for when she really needed them. I-I'm sorry Elise." She said sadly.

The news of what was wrong made Elise's eyebrows scrunch. "It's fine, you don't have to apologize. I just don't understand how she got those photos, or why she would want to take those pictures. I mean, if she thinks she can just spread them around the school and get the school to hate us then she really doesn't know what she's doing." Elise sighed before shaking her head as lunch ended. "Well, let's not think about it, huh? I'll see you after school!" With a smile and a squeeze to Ella's hidden hand, Elise ran off to her next class. The day seemed to go swiftly as the bell for school ending came far too quickly. Elise waited outside the front door, rocking on her heels as she waited for Ella. She let the breeze play with her brunette hair, smiling as the world seemed to work to make her forget about the pictures hanging over their head. Besides, it wasn't like her family would see them. They could still be left in the dark as Elise started to let this budding relationship grow into a full bloom. She'd tell them... after they were dead. With her date a secret, Elise couldn't help but smile as she waited for Ella to come.

Ella was surprised to hear Elsie's reaction to the bad news. She seemed to take it extremely well, as if she didn't let bad things like that affect her too much. It made Ella feel relieved and happy as well. She was happy that Elise wasn't sad or hurt about it all. When the bell rang, Ella looked at Elise who had such a big smile. Ella placed her elbow on the table and held her head in her hand as she watched Elise walk off to her next class. All she could do was admire her. She noticed that she was getting a bit attached to this girl, but she didn't mind. With that, Ella finally walked to her next class.

Ella ended up falling asleep during her last period and she woke up a bit late. No one bothered to wake her up, which made her feel a bit weird in a way. She got up and quickly walked to the front doors of the school, practically running a bit. She opened the doors harshly and she looked to her left, not seeing anyone. She then looked to her right and saw Elise there. She smiled in relief and took both of the girls hands. "I'm sorry I took so long. I mistakenly stayed asleep. I was worried that you might've left." She said.

Elise nearly jumped and blushed as Ella took her hands, smiling back at her. "Well, I didn't want to miss hanging out with you!" She smiled as she started to walk, keeping one of her hands intertwined with Ella's. "Let's go to your house then!" She started to lead the way until she realized she didn't know where she was headed and turned to let Ella lead the way. Faintly Elise wondered what Ella's home was like. How were her parents? Did she have siblings? If she did, what were they like? Did they know she was a lesbian just like the rest of the school did? What did her family think of being a lesbian? Those questions and more swirled inside Elise's head as they walked to Ella's house, off to their 'second date'.

Ella laughed a bit at Elise's reaction, but she smiled when she heard the girls kind words. "I'm glad to hear that." She said. Ella was a bit surprised when Elise didn't pull her hand away, but actually intertwined their fingers together. It almost made Ella blush a bit too much.
Ella followed Elise and she laughed a bit when she saw that she didn't know where to go. Ella began leading the way to her house that wasn't too far away from the school. When they arrived, it wasn't a huge house, nor was it a small house. It was a two story as well. Ella looked through her pockets to find her house keys and when she did, she began to unlock the door.

Walking in, it was an ordinary place. The living room was on the left, kitchen on the right and their was stairs straight ahead. She stepped aside to let Elise in. It was pretty quiet in her house, mostly because she lived alone. She didn't want Elise to feel uncomfortable about this, so she wanted to try and make everything go right. "So, make yourself at home!" Ella said with a smile.

Elise blinked as she was led toward Ella's house. Seeing how quiet it was almost unnerved the brunette. She was hard pressed to find a quiet corner in her own home, let alone having her own house be so quiet a pin could drop. Letting her eyes roam over the halls, Elise made sure that her surprise at the silence didn't reach Ella. "Thanks. What do you want to do?" She moved over to the couch in the living room at the left, settling herself down as she watched Ella. Maybe her family just got home late? Elise shook the thought away as she waited for Ella to tell her what she wanted to do or show her what she could do in the house.

Ella thought for a moment. She didn't really have much thought on what to do in her boring old home. She went to the living room and walked over to a shelf that had movies on it. She picked out a couple that consisted of horror, comedy, action and romance. She walked over to Elise and handed her the movies. "Here you go. You should pick one. I wouldn't mind any." She said with a smile. Ella didn't really know whether she should tell Elise that she lived alone or not. There wasn't much to it in her opinion. She wasn't trying to hide anything, but she didn't know if it would make Elise feel awkward about being alone together.

Elise was starting to feel strange in the empty house. Houses weren't supposed to be this quiet. Houses at least needed the boiling of pots or the screaming of alarm clocks, something to prove they're lived in. Taking the movies into consideration, Elise chose the romantic one, though she knew the cheesiness of it would rub her the wrong way the whole time. As Ella put the movie in and sat down next to her, Elise turned to her friend-date? Girlfriend? Oh, she couldn't tell-and asked, "So when are your parents getting home?" She tilted her head. "Or whoever you live with. I don't know if you're as open at home as you are at school, though I'm pretty sure you'd have to be otherwise that would be pretty hard to hide at home if it's all over school, but you know I just want to know if they're okay with stuff like this or not so I'm not like getting you in trouble or anything." She shrugged as she felt a bit of an embarrassed blush creep up.

Ella didn't really mind the romantic movie. She went ahead and put it in and sat besides Elise. When she heard the question, she turned to face her date. She wondered what to say. She didn't really mind telling Elise anything about her, as she was basically an open book, but this was a bit of a weird topic. She then came to a conclusion as to a good response. "My parents don't live here actually, so you don't have to worry about me getting in trouble. I don't really know how to explain much, but my parents didn't agree with how I chose to live live and whatnot, so they kind of just ,left, I guess?" She said. "But I mean, I guess they couldn't possibly leave me completely alone because they still pay for everything and they send me money every now and then." She said. It wasn't something that got Ella sad anymore. She actually always had a feeling that her parents would've done something like that to her if she would've told them about herself, so their reaction wasn't much of a shock to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.