Secrets and Smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew clutched his heart as Ella glared at him. "Ah, you wound me my dear Ella! I was simply trying to find you a proper mate by interrogating all potential subjects!" Elise couldn't help but giggle as Matthew continued his dramatics, leaving the two to talk between themselves. Elise felt her heart warm as she realized Ella thought they were close. The butterflies returned full force as she realized she had a friend. A very attractive friend... No! No, no she wasn't going to think those thoughts. Those were bad thoughts.

Looking over at Ella, Elise cleared her throat a bit and took a deep breath to gather some courage. "Hey, I was wondering if... If maybe you wanted to hang out with me after school? My mom said I could hang out with someone after school, and there's this new ice cream place opening, so I thought maybe it would be cool for us to go, like you know, hang out just the two of us?" She blushed as Matthew whistled.

"Looks like you already scored yourself a date, young Ella! Do be careful with this small butterfly, my dear friend. I fear she will flee if you come on too strong." The boy joked, ignoring the stuttered protests of Elise that it was indeed, not a date. In the back of her mind, Elise almost wished it was.

Ella tried to be serious while looking at Matthew, but she couldn't help but laugh at his actions. He had always been a funny and weird guy, but that was one of the reasons why the two of them were such good friends. And he was also the most accepting friend she had ever had. "Oh shut up Matthew!" Ella said, breaking her seriousness and laughing a bit. She tried to get Matthew to leave, but of course he tried to stay, causing them to have a bit of a playful fight, pushing each other until he finally left Ella and Elise alone to talk.

Ella heard Elise begin to speak and her eyes widened a bit. She would've never imagined that Elise would be the first one to ask to hang out. It was usually always Ella to make first moves with any type of friendships. Ella smiled wide and before she could give a reply, she heard Matthew whistle, causing Ella to face palm. She gave Matthew an annoyed look as he began to joke around more and more and she eventually told him to leave them alone, which he did after a while of bickering.

Ella took a deep breath and exhaled after. She then looked at Elise and smiled a bit. "It would be an honor to go with you to get some ice cream! I would love to!" Ella said smiling bigger. She really was happy and excited about everything. She hadn't gone out with a friend in a long while, and it was something to really look forward to. "How about we meet there at 6pm? Is that too late or too early?" Ella asked. "Or would you prefer for me to pick you up at your house?" She asked.

Elise's smile grew three times as wide as Ella took her offer. This was it! She was going to be able to hang out with a friend! At the other girl's offer to pick her up at her house, she quickly lost her smile. "No!" She blurted out before she could stop herself. "I-I mean... No thanks. My mom tends to be really busy after school, and I wouldn't want to bother her so I think we can just meet there." She smiled and continued talking with Ella before class began. For once Elise wasn't there at lunch, nor was she anywhere at school during the day from what Ella could see. Eventually 6 came around and Elise stood in front of the ice cream place, wearing a nice and flowy blue dress and white cardigan. She looked very much dressed up, almost as if she was going on a date as she checked her phone for the time.

Ella smiled a bit. "Alright then. I'll meet you there. The bell rang and class began, making Ella turn around to face the teacher. The rest of the day went on with no sign of Elise. It was a bit odd for Ella to be apart from Elise now that they had a routine everyday. At lunch, Ella sat with a different group of friends that she hadn't spoken to in a long while, mostly because she had no classes with them and also because she got closer to Elise. The rest of the day went on, still no sign of Elise, so Ella figured that she went home early or something. After school, Ella went back home and changed into her casual clothes, which happened to be a nice buttoned up plaid shirt, with black pants and converse. She also wore a dark jacket that would be suitable for the weather that was going to come later on in the day.

The time went on and Ella finally took off to the new ice cream place as planned and she noticed it was already six o'clock. She parked outside and began walking towards the entrance, only to see Elise standing outside. Ella quickly walked up to Elise. "You're going to end up getting sick! I'm sorry for making you wait!" She said. She hasn't really taken in how Elise looked until after she spoke. Her eyes widened a bit as she saw how Elise was dressed and how everything looked. Ella felt a bit of a blush across her cheeks and she gulped a bit, feeling a bit nervous as well. Ella hadn't felt this type of feeling in so long, it was almost rare for her. She looked at Elise and smiled a bit. "You look absolutely stunning. It took me a moment to capture how pretty you look!" She said, giving Elise a closed eyes smile. "Let's head inside before we both get sick!" She said before opening the door to let Elise go in first. The two sat at a booth, Ella sitting across from elise.

Elise turned around to see Ella walking up to her and chiding her for waiting outside. The brunette was about to reply when her heart leapt to her throat. Ella stood their in a nice shirt and black pants that complemented her quite well. Elise could feel tingles of warmth start to race across her body. This was simply too much. She blushed at the complement, being pointed inside. The young girl took a deep breath before thanking Ella for holding the door open. "Th-thank you for the complement. I think you look really, really nice as well." She gulped as she felt words start to fall out of her mouth. "I mean, the shirt goes quite well with your complexion, while the jacket adds a bit of edge to you, making you look a lot more sassy than you actually are. The pants also help add to this style, but they also hug your curves nicely so everything works extremely well together. Overall it's a very beautiful and awesome look on you." The whole tangent made Elise blush harder as she sat down in the booth, hoping that their waiter wouldn't come too soon and notice just how Elise was fidgeting as if she was on a first date.

Ella was amazed at how Elise was reacting towards everything. She sat down at the booth, putting her chin in the palm of her hand, looking at Elise with a small smile. She had never been complimented this much in her entire life, and it made her feel warm inside. Of course, she didn't really know how to react to all of these comments. They made her feel amazing and she even began to feel small butterflies flying around in her stomach. She then saw the bright blush on Elise's face and she wondered why Elise was so nervous. Ella wasn't a special person. How could this girl be reacting this way towards Ella? It was a bit shocking. "Thank you so very much. I'm grateful that you complimented me so much. It really made my day." She said smiling wide. "You're a very nice person. Keep on being that way forever okay?" She said.

The waitress then came to the table and began asking them what they wanted and Ella ordered a boring vanilla ice cream cone. She was never really a big fan of anything else other than vanilla ice cream. Usually, if she was trying out a new ice cream at a new place, she'd always make sure to order the vanilla to see which place had the best vanilla ice cream. Ella couldn't help but notice how Elise was acting throughout the entire hang out. Ella began to wonder if it really was just another hang out or not. Could it actually be a date? She looked at Elise with a raised eyebrow. "Hey, would you mind if I called this a date? I mean it basically is a date if you really think about it." She asked. "sorry if it makes you feel weird though. I don't want this day to ruin." She said.

Elise could feel her blush redden as Ella told her to forever be a nice person. She could only smile as the waitress came over and she ordered a chocolate ice cream cone. It was simple, but it also held a punch of flavor. At the sudden question from Ella, Elise could feel her face heat up even more. "W-what? I-I mean, I didn't realize that this was a date a-and it doesn't make it w-weird I just have never been on a date before, especially with a pretty girl like you, I-I mean you're not pretty! But you are, but I don't like you like that! Because I mean, that's totally not normal a-and it's not like you would ever like me back even if I did like you like a crush, because I'm sure you'd probably want another girl who's more confident and stuff and actually open about what she likes which I can understand because I know it probably would suck to have to hide that kind of stuff and..." Elise took a break to take a breath, realizing she really was floundering like a fish. The waitress came back with the ice cream and smiled at the girls before leaving.

Taking her cone carefully, Elise sighed. "I like you a lot, but I don't want to admit I like girls yet because... Because I'm scared. I really, really like you like romantically and would love for this to be a date, but... But if you don't like me too then I don't want to force myself on you." She pulled her chocolate ice cream toward herself, taking a tentative lick at the light brown cream. It resembled her hair and eyes in a strange way. She was just a plain girl in the closet. There. She admitted it. Now she had to deal with the aftermath.

Ella waited for the response and when she began to give her that response, Ella smiled softly. She couldn't help but feel a slight satisfaction from the reaction that she was getting from Elise. All she had said were a few words, yet Elise began reacting as if it was a huge thing. But now that Ella thought about it, it probably was a huge thing. If it was considered a date, that would be a type of romantic thing wouldn't it? It's a big deal to most people to go on a date and Ella couldn't even begin to imagine how it must feel for Elise who is such a shy girl. Ella looked at Elise as she continued talking about everything, jumbling all her sentences into a big pile of words, but these words weren't just any words, they were special. Ella knew where these words were leading up too and she knew how shy Elise must be as she was speaking so quick. The waitress then came to give them their ice cream and the two grabbed their cones. Ella looked back at Elise, wanting to hear more of what she had to say.

When Elise took a deep breath and continued to speak, Ella's eyes widened a bit. She was getting confused too? By not just any girl, but by this girl, Elise? It was a bit shocking to Ella because Elise always seemed like the type of girl who was so shy and fragile and for some reason, she also seemed completely straight. After Elise finished talking, Ella looked at her, watching as she took the first lick off of her ice cream. Ella waited for a few moments to grasp the situation and she finally smiled. She smiled because she understood what had happened now and it made her feel extremely happy and excited.

Ella took a deep breath and exhaled. She then looked at Elise in the eyes and began to speak. "Listen, Elise, I totally understand you. I know you're scared and nervous and feeling so many different things. I know it must feel so scary to take this step." She said. "But in all honesty, you don't have much to be scared of when it comes to liking me. Why, you may ask?" She said. "Well, because I know for a fact that when you began to admit your feelings for me, I felt so different. I was shocked, amazed, so many things! And at the end, I was truly happy. Happy because the girl that I like, actually told me that she liked me first!" She said smiling. "It feels amazing when that happens. And I'm so glad that someone as amazing as you could actually have feelings for someone like me. And to be honest, no other girl has ever caught my attention the way you did." Ella finished.

Elise listened carefully as Ella explained that she returned her feelings. She could practically feel her heart try to beat out of her chest. Ella liked her back. Ella liked her back. Ella liked her back! A smile split across her face as Ella finished her explanation. "Th-then I guess this is a date! U-um I've never been on a date before..." She licked her ice cream, blushing as she fidgeted a bit. "D-do you think we could wait before telling anyone? I-I mean, at least until we're sure this is a serious thing, not that this isn't serious! I mean I really do like you, I just-I've never dated before." She sighed before returning to eating her ice cream. "I guess now we just need to focus on having fun and getting to know each other, huh?" Elise smiled as she took another lick of her chocolate ice cream, quite enjoying the flavor.

Deciding to move onto a different topic, Elise looked at Ella's ice cream in curiosity. "Do you only eat vanilla ice cream? I mean, I can understand liking the classics but there are so many flavors to try! Unless you just don't like a lot of flavors, which I can understand since a lot of them are super strange, but I'm curious. I've never met a person who just likes vanilla." She smiled as she watched Ella, taking another large lick of her chocolate ice cream.

Ella laughed a bit at her response. "Well then I'll try and make this a very special and memorable day for you!" She said smiling. She nodded at her request. "Of course we can wait. It can be our secret for now until you're ready. I know it's a bit of a tough thing to do, so take your time." Ella said. She nodded and smiled. "Yeah I guess so!" She said. Ella continued taking small licks of her vanilla ice cream, noticing that it was melting a bit quickly. She felt kind of sad about it melting already, but what else could she expect from an ice cream cone?

Ella thought about the random question and looked at her ice cream. "Good question." She said. "To be honest, I'm not even sure about what my favorite ice cream is. I don't really think I have one. But that's because I haven't really tried many flavors. You see, what I do is that every time I go a new ice cream place, I get vanilla so I can compare it to all the other places and I actually planned on seeing which place had the best flavor of vanilla ice cream so that I could get different flavors from that place, but there's too many ice cream places! It'll take me a while before I can finally finish trying all the ice creams." She said laughing a bit. "But, to be honest, this place has the best vanilla ice cream compared to all the other places that I've tried. Maybe I'll try a new flavor some day." She said, licking her ice cream.

Elise relaxed as Ella talked, getting back into the normal swing of things. She noted the opportunity to ask for another date, but waited until after they had enjoyed themselves thoroughly to ask for another one. She talked with Ella about anything and everything, laughing as they made jokes. The ice cream soon was long gone, yet Elise didn't want the date to end. She wanted to continue spending time with Ella, talking with Ella. "Hey, do you want to go to the park after this?" Elise asked, hoping the other girl would say yes. "Maybe just walk around a bit, talk some more." She didn't want to leave so soon. Yes, she'd see Ella in school, but then they would be back to hiding. Elise wanted to live in this magical world for a little while longer before she went back to hiding her sexuality and keeping everything a secret.

Ella laughed with Elise and smiled. She listened everytime Elise spoke, getting lost in her words. She admired the way Elise laughed and the way she smiled and how she paid very close attention to many of the things that weren't even that important. Ella knew that she needed to take very good care of Elise, as she was basically a very rare girl to find. ella couldn't even find the words to describe Elise. There were too many. She smiled when Elise asked to go to the park. "I'd love to go to the park with you. Actually, we should go right now. I'm already done with my ice cream and you seem to be done too right? Unless you're not, then we can wait." Ella said.

Elise smiled as Ella agreed with the park. "I'm done! Let's pay and go!" She smiled as she split the check wit her friend, taking her hand to lead her to the local park, one with a playground many children didn't go on anymore. She quickly walked to the swings and sat down on one, letting go of Ella to grab the chains. "I've always loved the swings. It makes me feel like I'm flying without actually putting me in danger." She closed her eyes as she started to pump her legs, letting the air rush past her as she enjoyed the normally child-like activity.

"Alright let's go." She said before paying for her part of the check. She then felt a bit surprised when Elise grabbed her hand, but she held it and followed her to the park that wasn't too far away from the ice cream shop. When they got there, it seemed a bit quiet, as if they were the only two that were there. Ella liked the feeling of being there, especially since it was a bit cold and the weather was perfect. She followed Elise to the swings and sat down on it, moving back and forth slowly. She looked at Elise as she began to pump her legs and swing higher with her eyes closed. Ella smiled a bit and watched. "I can't go that high on a swing to be honest." Ella said.

The wind blew past her as Ella admitted she couldn't swing that high. Immediately, Elise was curious. "Why can't you swing that high? Are you afraid of heights? Or did you never learn how to swing properly?" The brunette tilted her head as she slowed down her swinging so she could properly look at Ella. "Or is it because you just don't want to swing that high, but you don't want to admit it?" As Elise realized how rude her questions probably sounded, she promptly ducked her head in shame. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize how blunt I sounded. I'm just a bit curious... I didn't mean to be mean or anything like that." She sighed as she dared a glance at her date.

Ella laughed a bit. "Don't worry, you're not being mean at all." She said. "I think it's just that I never really learned how to swing correctly. And I am afraid of heights honestly." She said. "I don't think I ever came to parks frequently now that I think about it." She said. She moved back and forth on the swing slowly, looking at Elise. She smiled a bit. "I know this is pretty random, but I really like your smile." She said. "I tend to say random things at times, just for future reference."

Elise nodded at Ella's reasonings, filing them into her brain until further notice. She practically came to a stop when Ella told her that she liked her smile. A blush painted her face as she couldn't help the smile that came with it. "Oh, no, don't worry! I like random things. It brings out creativity and spontaneiaty in life. Is spontaneiaty even a word? Probably not, but that's the best I can use to describe it." She shrugged before sticking her heels into the ground and hopping off of the swing. "Here, let me push you." She smiled as she walked behind her date. "I won't push you too high, I promise." The girl waited for Ella to give the okay before starting to push the girl on the swing.

Ella smiled at Elise's blushed face, it was another thing that she favored. She then listened to Elise again, having a soft smile on her face. "Well, it's a word now!" Ella said laughing slightly. She then watched as Elise stopped and began to walk behind her. Ella's eyes widened and she wanted to say no, but she hated being a party pooper and she wasn't really the type to ever say no. Of course, this was actually a bit scary for her, but she knew she had to get over her fear one day. "U-Um.." She said. "I-I guess I'm ready now. Go ahead." She said, gulping a bit. When Elise pushed her a bit, Ella pushed herself forward as well, making her go higher. She was scared and nervous, but she continued on, swinging higher and higher. "I'm definitely not going to try and look down! I'm staying stiff and rock solid!" She said with her eyes closed and having a straight solid figure.

Elise smiled a bit as Ella agreed to let her push her. She started out gentle before beginning to push harder the higher Ella went. She kept on pushing until Ella had reached a peak and had started to solidify her figure. Taking a deep breath, Elise grabbed the swing and ran with it to slow it down. As the swing tried to continue and jerk Ella out of the seat, Elise wrapped an arm around the other girl's waist. "Whoa... All right..." She smiled as the swing finally slowed to a stop. "It didn't look like you were enjoying that too much. Well, thanks anyway for letting me push you." Elise didn't notice that she still had an arm wrapped around her date's waist.

Ella began to feel herself slowing down a bit. She had her eyes closed still, not paying attention to what was going on around her. She then felt an arm wrap around her waist and her eyes widened a bit. She smiled softly and the swing stopped. She continued to look forward and wondered if Elise had noticed that she was kind of hugging her. "Don't worry. I just need to get used to the feeling! Thank you for pushing me." She said. She looked down at Elise's arm and put a hand on top of her dates hand. She then stood up, still grabbing onto Elise's hand and she crossed over the swing so she was standing in front of Elise, looking at her. "You're very very pretty Elise." She said with a small smile. "It's an honor to be here with you right now." She said, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. Ella wasn't planning on rushing anything, but she liked the feeling of being close to someone, especially if it was Elise.

Status
Not open for further replies.