Second Horizon - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
An axe to chop the Talz girls with?

"I prefer whims over dreams."

Name
Kuo Hwo
Nation of Birth
One of the many kingdoms that fell to the Empire's march.
Height
5'4 (1.62m)

Race
Possessed. While born a human, a substantial amount of time with another soul in one's body will cause it to undergo changes. For Kuo the results were a distinct shift in appearance, a significantly longer lifespan, and increased physical capabilities. About on-par with a weak vampire, Kuo does stand out with incredible regenerative abilities though.
Personality-wise, the influence has been heavily dulled over the course of many years spent with one another; even at the start though, the spirit's personality wasn't particularly complex, just incredibly intense and overwhelming.
Personality
First impressions of Kuo would probably be something along the lines of a fairly polite, if somewhat submissive, individual. Learned to stay calm, collected, and accepting given the previous "master's" whims and antics. Though well and soft-spoken, Kuo often enjoys slipping in a bit of snark or sarcasm here and there at others' expense. Also fairly observant, and generally tries to observe and gauge those around in order to try and understand their needs. Though it isn't really a need, Kuo does find enjoyment in offering assistance and service. At the same time, Kuo doesn't ever really try to bond with those around despite helping out.
Biography
  • Born about 19 years prior to the Empire's march across the continent in a fledgling kingdom to the north. Escaped after the Empire began their conquest, fleeing all the way to Talze Utera over the course of a few months.
  • Managed to survive as the monsters that inhabited the wilderness were called out to war by the Scarlet Court. Arrival of Rift Beasts and return of the wilderness' denizens made survival harder for Kuo, but he managed.
  • Until that one day he didn't of course. Bad luck or otherwise left him, a rather powerless human, in the way of a recently spawned Rift Beast. More importantly, revealed him to those that came to take care of the creature. One of the Vampires took interest, and Kuo wasn't exactly in much position to refuse, not unless he wanted to die one way or another.
  • Basically used as a human guinea pig when the vampire tried inserting the fallen soul of an infant dragon into his body. For one reason or another, his body was able to shelter the inhuman soul, though not without issue. While the soul lacked any sort of intelligence, its nature was different enough that Kuo was forced to subdue it in a sort of battle of wills. Even coming out triumphant, Kuo's body was changed by the rather long ordeal.
  • Afterwards it was just a matter of catering to his master's whims. Kuo didn't hold any particular animosity to the ancient being, given he'd likely have been a snack for one of the many creatures lurking in the wilderness or a stray Rift Beast had she not interfered and offered him a choice. So, he remained at her beck and call. Then the God Slayer happened.
---
Skills:
  • How to take care of an ancient bored vampire 101 and one's self. Involves cleaning and maintenance, massages, hunting and subsequent cooking, enduring great suffering, etc.
  • Dancing. While he won't be breaking it down any time soon, Kuo is capable of leading or being led across a dance floor without issue.
  • Hobbies would be the violin and woodwork. Given the amount of free time Kuo has had over the many years, some things have been picked up.
Sword Skills/Other
Draconic Nature.
The result of sharing a body with the spirit of a dragon's young, this ability only manifests itself in the presence of a threat to Kuo. Though the speed varies depending on how threatening the situation is, the result is always a gradual change to Kuo's appearance and an increase in power. Armored scales, claws that can rend metal, heightened regeneration and senses, among other benefits will emerge over the length of a drawn out conflict.
An increase in size is another change and the largest Kuo has reached is about 10' (3m) at which point a tail, about 6' (2m), also appears. Though the ability to manipulate fire has not been shown, a remarkable increase in body temperature does accompany the changes. At this level of change, Kuo has proven remarkably efficient at matching Rift Beasts in confrontations of brute strength. Though unable to kill them, regeneration alongside heightened physical prowess allow for Kuo to halt the creatures in their tracks.
Even at this level of change, there seems to be little to no mental pollution from the draconic nature that grants Kuo these powers. The further along the transformation is though, the longer it takes for Kuo to revert to human form. While no upper limit has been established, it's assumed that there is a threshold for when mental influence from the other soul will appear and another threshold where reverting to a human will become impossible.
Sword Skill: Serpent's Bite
Born from a desire to find something similar to his snide remarks, it is a remarkable miracle created for a rather mundane wish. Like his unexpected verbal jabs, Serpent's Bite is a blow that strikes from out of the blue. While his blade may come from one direction, on actual contact, the force will be applied from a completely different direction. This allows for disorienting or even disarming opponents through surprise fairly easy, and as he dictates the direction, the skill is somewhat unpredictable.
Sword Skill: Rule the Skies
A petty wish made into Kuo's most powerful Skill. A downward blow of immense force that can fall to the ground anywhere within a few dozen meters of Kuo. The force manifests at a height of around 50m or so in the air, meaning it can bring airborne targets crashing to the ground. The force is not a wide-spread, but highly focused, more akin to a spear thrust than a hammer blow. His swing occurs a few moments before the Skill is actualized, meaning there's a short delay of a second or two.

Equipment:
Talentium Longsword. Made from particularly high grade material, the Talentium's pureness does cause it to emit more mist than lower quality materials. This can make it hard to hide when unsheathed as its telltale characteristic almost certainly gives it away.

A carving knife with a core of Talentium embedded in its blade. Though only a sliver of the material when compared to the longsword, it is still enough to allow Kuo to utilize Sword Skills, albeit at reduced effectiveness and higher difficulty. The metal surrounding the core is tinted white from the contained mist.

Despite Kuo's natural resilience, a number of black iron armor pieces augment that. Black iron is a naturally occurring ore found near the volcanic formations that dot Talze Utera, and was one of the best materials for a soldier's equipment prior to the discovery of Talentium. Though not the strongest material, it was known for having the best strength:weight ratio among materials.
Limited to greaves, gauntlets, and a chest plate, these were simply the easiest pieces to design with Kuo's powers in mind. As he grows in size, the pieces will pop off into two halves and drop to the ground harmlessly; the safeties only triggered by internal force means they won't fall off from a powerful enough blow.

His travel cloak. Rather durable given it was what Kuo wore when fleeing from the Empire's march, it's been a constant in his life. Enchanted to provide a constant temperature when wrapped around something, it's useful for keeping comfortably.

A sizable pack capable of holding his possessions. At the moment it's partially full with clothing and equipment, with a bit of room leftover.
---
Enjoys combat best when it's simply to push one another.
Still does enjoy music and dance, though in moderation. Too much makes Kuo moody.
Serving others is basically second nature to Kuo.
Prefers meat as a primary food-group.

Dislikes
Peaceful days that remind him of the past.
Settling down. For the moment it's not something Kuo wishes to do.
Excessive rudeness. Despite the occasional snarky remark, blatant disrespect is not something he tolerates well.
Can't seem to tolerate dairy for one reason or another. Doesn't seem to need it though.

Fears
Dying's fairly high.
Feeling weak or powerless.
Losing those he feels close to.
Flying, ironically enough. Something about it causes the other soul within to stir, interfering with use of his power.

Love Interests
"Not looking for one at the moment."

Theme Song(s)
Nu.

Last edited:
Thank you Zombehbehs..

Done as well now I guess. Might change a few things here and there later.

@Levont Seems fine to me. Note that Shadow Strike's knockback and Shadow Illusion's stun will not be absolute. In regards to Dark Resent...are you basically saying that it's the shadow of the shuriken that does damage? So if the shuriken was stopped, the shadow of it will also be stopped, and thus, it won't do anything?

@Click This How is collapse, ruin, and corruption a fear? Be more specific, you pleb. You get a few points for a sword cane though. Very stylish. Better spend a paragraph every time we switch scenes, just to detail her fashion sense. Surely she'd have different clothes for different occasions.

Onto more serious things...how autonomous can her Manipulation of Arms get? To the extent where it's like you're fighting multiple veteran opponents? What are the applications of her Vanishing Point? I understand that her Chasm is more of a strategic spell instead of a tactical one, but what of Vanishing Point? Heck, I'll say straight out that most rune magics take more time to draw out than elemental magics.

@Skyswimsky Fucking shitty bitch cunt slut, disliking snow. e.e And what a bad idealist. Can't even follow her own ideals justly. I'll look forward to squashing her like the bug she is.

Also, you can thank Click for this nerf. Objects created from Genesis now take a bigass chunk of mana, and continue to chew through mana the longer you keep them 'existent'. Meaning that she can't spam it, nor can she keep it up for more than a minute or so without fainting. Everything else is probably fine.

And seeing how she has no practical fears, I'll be making her discover those fears in the future. Deal with it.

@Voltin Such a spacey brat. No problems I can see. Glad to finally have someone with an easily exploitable fear. Guess he doesn't know how to swim as well?

@Zombehs Fairly observant, eh? Good luck with that. Huehuehuheuhue....That no-bonding thing is going to be a problem that he hopefully gets over. Because damn, Araki was a pain in the ass to write into everything.

Should I assume that his vampiric master is dead now? Nice sword skills. He'll have to have SOME sort of 'wind-up' for Rule the Skies though. Just saying. Sounds like it would be Gae Bolg without da pose at the moment. And get a Theme Song, dammit.

@Asuras Aura of Forgetting's effects will be weakened if a connection is made, such as having a long conversation, or sharing a common goal, or whatever else. Every time they meet again, the effect becomes weaker and weaker as well, until it's only 'natural forgetfullness' that erases her from their memories.

Curse of Oracles is incapable of bringing death, right? How does it select the future anyways, assuming that there's no such thing as 'fate'?

Bedlam Blades will be just as mana-intensive as all the other 'matter creation' spells in this RP. As in, it'll take up a huge chunk of everything.

And finally, note that, technically, they have no way of killing a Rift Beast, only pinning/capturing/pissing one off. You know, because they don't have any TRULY overpowered magic beams, nor does she have Talentium at all. That quote's pretty wonderful, by the way.

In more ways than one.

Oh yeah, IC will be up when @Ryver Rhine finishes writing her CS and @Neko finishes editting her CS.

So if you want a faster IC up, go bug them about it. XD

@ERode: In terms of Dark Resent, yes. It will be the shadow that deals damage and height is the main factor for it's damage. So yes, if the shuriken is stopped, the effect will be forced to be triggered. So if the shuriken is knocked out of the air when it is thrown, the Art is triggered at the point of the shuriken being knocked out of the air. Just realize that the Sword Art can't hurt the caster after all. (EX. I throw the shuriken and half way up, a bird randomly gets hit by the shuriken, the Sword Art triggers there and then.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neko @Ryver Rhine ....

[BCOLOR=#ff99cc]Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster[/BCOLOR]

just to bug you <3

@Zombehs Fairly observant, eh? Good luck with that. Huehuehuheuhue....That no-bonding thing is going to be a problem that he hopefully gets over. Because damn, Araki was a pain in the ass to write into everything.

Should I assume that his vampiric master is dead now? Nice sword skills. He'll have to have SOME sort of 'wind-up' for Rule the Skies though. Just saying. Sounds like it would be Gae Bolg without da pose at the moment. And get a Theme Song, dammit.

Hue, maybe he won't walk into puddle monsters this time. And I'm sorry Araki was such a brat. Kuo's going to be more moody than give-no-fucks though.

And yeah, that works. If you want to use her actually not being dead for some reason in the future I can always make a NPC sheet later. Changes have been made to the Sword Skill, and maybe. Theme songs be hard dawg.

Huehuehue...

You will get your wish soon. Lemme finish up my current RP post.

I finally got a more refined ability.

Nearly done after re-writing my whole CS. I must say I am much more pleased with this one plan on having it up sometime today once the pictures stop being tarts and people stop bugging me @Desire

I'm teasing <3 :3

Status
Not open for further replies.