Second Horizon - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that almost guarantees my death the moment the IC kicks off...

Bleah :(((( Now I have even more ideas than before...

I just thought of elemental combo for my mage.

Btw! Must the elemental combinations make sense?

Tell me what you have planned and I'll tell you my thoughts. I'm pretty lax when it comes to the creativity of the magics.

Go for it. Pretty much what a sizeable portion of the people here did anyways. XD

Alicia Rez
EXMfshb.jpg

"Excuse me! You forgot to close my cell door!"
Race
Nation of Birth
Height
Human​
---​
5'4​
  • Discovery
  • Behaviour
  • Strawberries
  • Summer
  • Nature
  • Pain
  • Fighting
  • Killing
  • Cooking
  • Liars
  • Sleeping
  • Snow

FEAR
Disappointing the Master

• Alicia is a strong defender of her own ideals. Those ideals, passed down by her master and accepted by her free will, strongly resemble the common persuasion of justice. She helps those in need without expecting anything in return. She doesn't use violence, or murder, if it can be avoided. Doesn't try to break the law and respects those around her by default, those kind of things. Though there are situations where one could argue she could be a big hypocrite, as she is does not just blindly follow her believes, does think about her own situation and has a bit of a twisted judgement thanks to her seclusion.

Overall, Alicia is kinda modest but doesn't hesitate to speak up if the need should arise. She takes the duties she receives very serious, sometimes even creepy way. Also, her habit of sometimes thinking out aloud, especially if she thinks hard enough to forget part of her surroundings, people can easily get a deeper view on her naivety and twisted world view.
  • "Well, I don't really remember my parents at all, I was at Master's side since young age! Who would probably be some kind of dad then? But the first time I called him daddy I got beat up for that. So maybe he is actually more of a mother? I never called him Mommy...oh god, I should definitely do that once I met him again​ And while he never did me wrong but was very strict! And...Oh? His real name you asked? Didn't you listen? I already called him Master, no? Anyways, I learned a lot from him Well, actually everything...except cooking, I guess? I don't know what he has against the food I made, I mean I can eat it and it has everything important I need, but after the first meal I made for him he said something about being a lost case and never teached me like he promised...hmpf. Ohh and that one time where I actually started bleeding by myself and...​

So yeah, day after day I was constantly increasing my skills and knowledge in pretty much everything! Survival, Sewing, Martial Arts, Fighting by instinct, weapon use, herbalism, climbing and and and! He took a long time until he actually showed me how to use magic! Strange enough I never saw him using magic himself​ So, honestly I was surprised to see those children in towns and villages run around so carefree, no wonder those people need help with bandits, monsters and whatnot if they waste their early ages like that! Maybe their parents are not beating them up enough? I got into some serious trouble the first time I tried to teach them, like my master did...urgh did I regret it.

My first contact with other people was rather bad, a whole bunch of rude males visited us! At first I was really excited as Master told me of them coming, I mean, they really moved all the way into this huge forest just to visit us!? Turned out they were really really rude! They didn't just beat me up, they seriously tried to kill me...and for some reason tried to get me naked too As I grew up Master consistently insisted I shouldn't just run around naked in front of him,...that was another beating I took until I did understood, really, walking around without any clothes is soo comfortable! Especially in the summer! ​ Before anything serious could happen to me though my Master stepped in, I thought his beatings were serious, but that? That was on a whole new level! He didn't even use this giant sword I was wondering the entire time about! He called it Dragonslayer or something. So yeah, I don't know how long they fought because I fell asleep in the end, but when I woke up he told me they all ran away. So I kept wondering if all people outside are like that and he told me everyone was different I shouldn't prejudge anyone!

I still remember the day my magic skyrocketed! He gave me this strange thing that he took from one of the new Animals that appeared recently in the forest. God I hated those things, when we hunted together I was sooo useless, then again I finally got to see his Dragonslayer in action!​ It felt like I was 50 times as strong! Sadly that didn't help me lifting Dragonslayer, I wonder if I had been able to pull through with this sword, maybe I would wield a sword and all instead? So training was going a bit different with this power-boosting stone! With that thing I actually forced Master to use both of his hands in a mock battle! Yay!

There was always this lingering curiosity of how the outside world would look like, and anytime I spoke to him about it he told me my impatience would get my killed and after a beating or five I stopped thinking about it for a while. But as I grew older those thoughts came back! And it didn't take long for Master to notice , I think, I didn't say anything, but one day he told me I should now go outside and travel the World, do what is right and collect experience and all! I was very very happy, but also sad at the same time, didn't even know that was possible. I still miss Master today... when I asked him about when to return, after all this was just another part of my training, he told me I would know when. So yeah, now I am traveling as an errant knight, as some seem to call me."
  • Alicia's fighting style is a free-style mix of mostly instinctive reactions and actions, through intensive training, including real battle experience, she is capable of adapting to most situations. What one would call some tricky grabs and moves Alicia simply understands as "doable", despite trying to avoid killing she knows of human (and animal) physique and how to deal with them, even striking at their vital parts. As chivalrous as she may seem she doesn't hesitate to use any dirty tricks available to her depending on the situation she is in. She shows not a single sign of killing intent and is extremely pain resistant.

Her Sword Arts resolve around Density-Control/Substance, Creation/Genesis and Crux/Anchoring. While each one of those has huge capabilities to be improved on, Alicia is fairly specialized in only a few aspects in each. And while they may look niche and weak alone, they create a strong combination if utilized properly.
    Substance, #ff9900
    Theoretically Alicia can change the weight of any given entity. Practically this only includes her closer belongings, herself and her Creations. While the change of weight isn't instant it isn't without much delay. Theoretically there is no limit to gaining or losing weight, though her effective range is around 20x times heavier than the original weight. No form of contact needs to be maintained to use any of this.
    Genesis, #E73C4F
    Theoretically the creation of objects with ones own mana. While she can practically also create a variety of objects it takes way too long to use in real combat, except her spikes that she specializes in. These spikes, similar to metal and capable withstanding Talentium, are initially created with contact to her body. While not appearing 'instantly' they grow rapidly to the desired size. Said size can vary but her usual combat size is around 1 metre length.
    Crux, #97ACE1
    The art of 'anchoring' a entity to another, exclusively usable on her Creation for now. A single object can have at most 2 anchors. A anchored object is unmovable unless broken, not just fractured. While this may seem like a rather simple defensive mechanism at first, not to mention no need to actually carry the weapon for real, things get interesting if one takes into consideration an anchor can be applied to space itself. Effectively making the Spike "stuck" in the space and similar.

Few example uses:
    • Throwing the spike forward, anchoring it mid-air, using it as a stepping stone.
    • Anchoring the spike to her hand, periodically anchoring it to space and pulling herself up on it.
      Though she could swim/fly in the air thanks to weight-control anyways
    • Anchoring a spike to a weapon she gets attacked with and space, making the weapon stuck too.
  • Talentiumbrooch anchored to her body through a small spike.
    Obsolete Switzer Army Knife
    Clothing, duh
    Box of Matches
[tabs]
[/tabs]
Love Interests: Yuri is good. Yuri is great. I Alicia wants Yuri every date.

*Looks at clock* 4:36 AM...yeaah...fuck this I won't finish the formatting and I am pissed at not being too stupid to handle the tables how I want to handle them anyways.

Good Night.

Appearance:
c2xFS7c.jpg

"So if this goes here, and aligns here... Hm, no, the fire will melt me even then."
Name:
Arbour Sain
Nation of Birth:
Illiserev
Height:
6"1'
Race:
Human
Personality:
Spacey, in a word. His thoughts are always his own, and always preoccupying much of his mental capacity at one given time. He's prone to speaking, without realizing what the words coming from his mouth would mean to the person he is speaking to. Of course, he is also quite the intentional flirt, so it can be hard to discern the amorous from the garbage that he spews.
Biography:
*Mother died giving birth, leaving his noble father to raise him.
*Inherited the "weapon" that has been passed down through his family for generations at the age of twelve; the Morta-Angua
*Went to study in Dansila not long after; there, he developed a keen interest in magic and its workings, and tried to mimic despite being born without a capacity for mana.
*Graduated, and began to travel, looking to find some way to practice magic with his current handicap in regard (has not been successful in the least).
*Has settled in Dedegear for the time, hoping that the variety of monstrous citizenry will help with his research.

---

Skills:
*Research
*Gardening
*Knitting
*Cooking
*Cleaning

---

Other:

The Morta-Angua
~*~

tumblr_n7kufic08v1sadc4zo4_500.jpg

*~*
An automaton of unknown origin whose appearance changes with each iteration. It isn't mechanical by nature, that much is known, so it has been assumed since its existence to be magical in nature. It fights with an ethereal blade (to that extent, it's on par with the average Sword Skills user, just without the fancy finishing moves) and was thought to be near invincible before the advent of Talentium; since then, Sword Arts and Sword Skills hurt it like any other mortal being. It is bound through some connection to whoever posses it, which always is the first son of the previous owner, whom it protects without tire. Were it destroyed, it would just reform a day or so later. Were the owner killed, it seems to just transfer to a cousin of some distant origin.

Equipment:
*A bronze sword; an heirloom, from before his former butler father took a nobleman's chair.
*A journal, more akin to a tome in thickness, where he keeps much of his life's work (and much, if not all, is garbled nonsense).
---

*Tobacco
*Books

Dislikes:
*Fighting
*Blood
*"Coincidence"

Fears:
*Losing a loved one.
*Losing his "research".
*Deep pools of water.
Love Interests: He likes girls, along with every other character here. -_-;
Theme Song(s):

My character likes boys >.> Am I the minority?

I like how Skys strategically left out Love Interest.

Astrid likes boys. And girls. As long as they're small and cute.

Won't be any yuri coming from Lydia, she prefers lumberjacks...

Yuri isn't Liese's thing, but dat gender ratio.

No lumberjacks here...

Looks like most of these characters are going to be lonely souls.

I'm sure there will be 'some' like-able male character down the line. Hand him an axe, convince him to grow a beard.. Bam! Fantasy accomplished, babies will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.