Second Horizon - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astrid is well outside of the manlet zone. Fuck yes.

Here we go. For the record, I had to bump up her height so we wouldn't have 3 characters all at 5' 6"

Appearance:

'It's too heavy? I thought you wanted a sword, not a toothpick.'

Name: Sarah Telrin

Nation of Birth: Illiserev

Height: 5' 7"

Race: Human

Personality:
At her core Sarah shares the rational mind of the current king. Despite this she takes delight in the artistry involved in blade smithing. Preferring to avoid conflict herself, she gladly arms others with the products of her trade. Her peaceful attitude only goes as far as her own countrymen and women. She is slightly xenophobic and bears strong resentment towards any outsiders.​

Biography:
Sarahs childhood was nothing special. Her parents were modest shopkeeper that did well enough despite the ongoing wars. Her childhood was filled with learning numbers, trade and how to deal with customers. Then the war broke out and the business began to falter in its growth.​

Her parents shop was broken into one night by some deserters from the coallition, the robbers speaking with a foreign accent as they entered the second floor where the family lived. They killed her parents soundlessly in their sleep. When they came to her room she was awake, thinking about the shop that was soon to be hers. When they kicked the door in she screamed and the room burned. The entire shop burned to the ground with herself being the only survivor.​

Perhaps the only piece of luck was that not all of their money was in the shop and that a war war was being fought that put strain on the smiths of the nation. She bought an apprenticeship with a blacksmith struggling to meet orders and deadlines. She became a blacksmith, learning to shape steel and other metals. With practice came mastery and soon she opened her own forge to work out of.​

For some time she was simply one of a dozen blacksmiths, creating arms and armour for the wars that seemed to spring up one after another. Eventually she decided that Talentium shouldn't only be used to create weapons. Sarah began to work on projects for herself, creating pieces of Jewellry from the metal.​

The Talentium jewellery caught on, becoming popular amongst those that could afford such things. She works out of her shop built on the foundation of her parents shop. Although many other smiths mimic her style for jewellery, hers is still the most sought after. She still creates blades and even those are things of beauty.​

Skills:

Bladesmith:
Sarah is an accomplished bladesmith, creating weapons as deadly as they are beautiful.​

Jeweller:
She can also create jewellery that is purely ornamental. He skill lets her create intricate pieces out or Talentium.​

Business sense:
Years of running her own shop has given her a good head for money and economy.​

Sword Arts/Magics/Other:

Sword Art - Blade of my Heart:​
Born of her desire to create Sarah wields a weapon of solid fire that is shaped to her will. Any sword that she can imagine can be created as she wills it, even changing its form in the midst of battle.​

Sword Art - Hammer of my Soul:​
In place of a blade she creates a hammer from the Talentium hilt. Her will to create allows her blows to push aside metal as if it were a sword on an anvil. No armour or weapon can stand against it for any kind of prolonged fight.​

Magic - Pyromancy:​
She relies on her Talentium to use magic. Caught without it and in a stressful situation she is liable to lose control, throwing flames in all directions until she has calmed down or exhausted herself and passed out. Usually the latter is the end result.​

Equipment:

The 'blade' Sarah carries, if you could call it that, is nothing more than a hilt and cross guard of solid Talentium.​

She also carries and amount of raw Talentium and a handful of ornate rings for trade.​

Dislikes: idleness, dealing with loss

Fears: The unknown, being alone

Love Interests: Maybe later ;D

Theme Song(s):
[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Hammer of the Soul WON'T be able to mess with Talentium-stuff that's been forged properly. Other than that, it's fine.

Just because Lydia's the shortest doesn't mean you should look down on her.

Just because Lydia's the shortest doesn't mean you should look down on her.
Do we even have a choice? I'm all for being accommodating but not if it means risking back injuries. That's a long way to stoop.

Such shallow people.

Elizabeth Getshiru
010801_zpsce4c0bb3.jpg

Character Quote: "Never judge a book by its cover."

Nation of Birth: Talze Utera
Height: 5'1"
Race: Vampire

Personality: Being quite young, for a vampire at least, she still retains her childish nature though her wisdom is beyond her years. Throughout her life she has read countless tomes, absorbing their words like a sponge and usually forgetting half of what she's read after that. She's usually either extremely serious or bubbly, depending on the situation, company and what time of day it is.

Biography: From around the time she could walk a few steps and bubble some words from her mouth, she had always known her Mother was watching her. She was the one that cared for her whilst her human Father drank. Elizabeth knew she was human, she was bright for her clumsy age but that never stopped her from trying to be like her Mother, often getting into trouble for trying to gum on humans. When she was old enough her Mother took her back to Talze Utera, saying she would be safer there with her. Her bite hurt very much, so much in fact that she had fainted. She was never really good with pain. Upon her waking, she had changed.

As she grew, so did her thirst for knowledge, her face often buried in the tomes her Mother brought back for her from outside Talze Utera. Her favourite out all of them were the ones that contained spells. She'd often be found sitting in a shady spot to practice, often accidentally setting people on fire or turning rocks into inside out chickens. Needless to say her magic skills were rubbish. That was up until she reached page 456, Shadow manipulation. As she cast the spell, small butterflies appeared before her, their tiny wings fluttering around her and vanishing as they came into contact with light. It was the first spell that had ever worked. Well, worked the way she had intended it to.

Learning to cast spells began to take up more and more of her time as she tested each spell, even those she knew she couldn't cast, causing more inside out rock chickens and very upset passers by. Eventually she began ripping out pages, piling them into a leather bound cover and making her own spell tome, one she could actually use. Over many years and many spells the book grew, becoming heavier with each new, successful page. Around the time that Vance came into power her book was complete, though she had ignored the world around her for some time. As Vance called the countless numbers of vampires to war, Elizabeth was ordered to kill. Having never used her spells on humans before she found it exhilaration watching how each spell changed when directed towards a target, an enemy. In this moment she had her first taste of human blood. She had drank blood before yes, but not from a living human who's heartbeat forced the blood to drip into her mouth. This however, became a distant craving with the death of the God Slayer.

As the war ended and peace was once again established, Elizabeth left Talze Utera, the war sparking new interests beyond casting spells on small creatures lurking in the mists of her home and a subtle lust for blood fuelling her desire to see what lurked beyond said mists.

Skills: A heightened sense of smell... For blood. Through this she gets a rough idea of who or what it belongs to, provided she's fed of them prior.
She has exceptional night vision, though this does mean she has difficulty seeing in sunlight.
Magic: Shadow magics and an ability to shadow step.
Shadow Step: Enabling a person to move faster than the eye can see, usually used by those who have superhuman powers, such as those wielding Talentium for example. Other species may possess the ability to do so without the use of Talentium though this takes a lot of energy for said person.
Shadow Step takes an effect on Elizabeth if used for excessive periods of time, causing her to faint temporarily from exhaustion.
She'll avoid using it in direct sunlight as this can lead her to Step into things due to her poor daytime vision.
Equipment: She carries a book with her, its leather bound cover Containing pages from tomes ripped out and stuffed in. All of these pages hold spells she is able to cast. Having an awful memory does put her in an awkward position if she does happen to find herself in battle as she must say the incartation but never remembers it, often causing her to flick through the pages to find an effective spell whilst dodging attacks.

Watching other people fight
Butterflies
Night time

Dislikes:
Feeling hungry
Any form of pain

Fears:
Fire, no matter how big or small

Theme Song:

(My brain is broken because I lost my first draft so I wrote this one this morning.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neko Before I get into anything else...your image is broken again. You should upload it onto photobucket or imgur, and use the link there. XD

Please excuse me whilst I go stab myself over these pictures...

EDIT: Hopefully it stops being a tart now. Thank you for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sothe_5540.jpg

“You better run while you still breathe.”​

Name: Cyron Mauntell
Nation of Birth: Astropol Astopol (we don't live on an asteroid)
Height: 175 cm 5'8
Race: Human

Cyron keeps his thoughts to himself. People seldom realize this as he is quite a skilled conversationalist. He is especially fond of talking about trivial stuff such as the latest festivals or the upcoming harvest. Start talking about anything approaching philosophical or moral and he will shut up immediately. He simply doesn’t like to make known his actual opinions about such weighty matters. That would be telling you far too much. Such was his training during those turbulent years.

Right and wrong doesn’t matter to Cy. He only does what benefits him even it means turning traitor. Still the ever smiling hypocrite he visits the temple regularly and pays his tithe. Hardly anyone questions where he got that much money anymore. Apparently the last person who asked met with a rather unpleasant end. While people have their suspicions, no one has been able to pin the blame on him.

Part I: Till today I can smell the burning flesh and charred wood. Everything is still vivid. The heat from the inferno and the screams of the dying. I stood there in the midst of it all partially hidden from the rest of the world. Was I afraid? I can’t say for sure. Honestly I must have been quite young then because I remembered glancing at my hands and seeing small fingers belonging to a child.

Part II: So this is Talentium. The metal people desired so greatly. I don’t blame them. Everything feels so instinctive. The shadows responding to my whim and the frost forming against the steel surface. All I need to do is think it and my thoughts come to life.

Part III: Do I have magic in me? That is a question even I can’t answer. At the back of my mind I remembered this woman – probably my mother, I don’t know – she showed me how to heal cuts. The green glow from the palm of her hand made the flesh knit back together. Not a single scar or scab remained when she was done. I don’t know why I can’t remember ever doing something similar. Possibly I did not have the gift.

Part IV: I wake up with a splitting headache. Thick bandages swathed my entire head. Even my arms were bound. I can’t recall anything. I couldn’t even tell where I was or the exact year. Slamming my fist into the wall shut the woman up. Seriously her shrill voice was making my head throb. Why do healers have to be so nosy? She should be glad I was unarmed.

Part V: Blood bathed the walls and the streets. The poor souls thought they could take me on five against one. Even without my talentium blade they were still no match for me. A blackish shard of ice formed in my hand. It was similar to the many other pieces that skewered my fallen foes. What else will I be capable of in the future?

Fighting Style: Cyron is a mage assassin. Being a former scout, the man knows how to pick his battles. He prefers small skirmishes with a maximum of three targets at one go. He likes to surprise his targets and kill them before they have the chance to strike. Any opponent with a gap closing ability would put him at a decided disadvantage as he isn’t very strong.

Frost Fang: Absorbing heat rapidly allows Cy to create cold spots within the vicinity. Under the right conditions, the temperatures can reach freezing point. The cold allows him to create and shape icy crystalline shards that can be used as weapons. Heat in any form will slow down the cast time by several milliseconds. Currently his skill range isn’t very far. He is only able to control the approximately a 10 meter radius around himself.

Calefaction: The absorbed heat from Frost Fang can be stored within his body. Upon release he can create a thermic blast that melts any solid it touches. Alternatively he could use the energy from within his body to create an additional light source to create shadows or warp the existing ones. The spell is only available when Frost Fang is active and its strength is reliant on the amount of energy stored.

Shadow Bound: Cyron takes approximately half a second after the initial cast to vanish into the shadows. He is unable to jump from shadow to shadow at this stage, so he has to make sure the shadows are connected when he wants to move to a different location. The maximum range he can teleport across is 6 meters. Sequent casts within a short period of time, i.e. five minutes, will fatigue him due to the high mana costs. In essence he is only able to teleport ten times within five minutes.

Skills: identifying people and animals by smell, pickpocketing, unpicking locks, forging and hunting in the forests

Equipment: talentium dirk, set of throwing knives, several small pouches filled with dried herbs, belt pouch, matches

Likes: meditating, listening to birds, sleeping in, candles, pancakes

Dislikes: being woken up, drunks, runny eggs, cats

Love Interest:

Theme:

Last edited:
@Neko Can you go into detail about her shadow stepping? By chance, is it anything similar to what Cyron has? Everything else should be fine. I guess her ACTUAL human mother is dead though.

@Ryver Rhine Note that those dried herbs probably won't actually help with much. Unless he likes to season his meat. XD

IC going up some time today or tomorrow. Depends on how long it takes for me to finish muh CS.

@ERode If you've watched Bleach it's basically the shame as Shunpo and yes, her human mother is dead. I mean, she is 103 years old.

So it's not teleportation, but high speed movement? So she can't shunpo out of a cage?

IC going up some time today or tomorrow. Depends on how long it takes for me to finish muh CS.
[BCOLOR=#ff99cc]Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster Faster[/BCOLOR]

just to bug you <3
Just for you <3
:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.