Second Horizon IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbour was out of breath as he reached the place of the supposed demonstration. Bursting through the door had also left him face down on the ground as he skirted slightly from the momentum. He peered up as the silver-haired lady spoke, and the flame behind her erupted in a similar array of color. "Ah," he said as he stood up and rubbed his scrapped nose. "You're rather pretty; oh, and there's some lint on your bosom.

"Hm, very nice," he commented on the atmosphere of the building that they were in. Very decrepit, dusty; perfect for the imbuing of the arcane! "So have you chosen a potential candi-" Before he could finish, another guest stepped in behind him and asked what Arbour had merely assumed. "Oh, another woman; why would you be interested in- Hm, wait, no bosom. Maybe a little boy? Then again you could still be just a mere girl... Wait, ah yes," he turned back to the silver-haired lady. "Have you perhaps chosen a candidate for the granting of this mystical might that I've just heard about?"

"Ah, but I suppose introductions are in order," he said with his forefinger pointed to the air. "I am Arbour Sain, scion of the noble Sain family of Illiserev, my lady and gentleman(?)," this was said with the appropriate bow, "and accompanying me," he made a gesture to the empty space of his right, "Is Morta," the apparition of his guardian faded into view, "I hope we can all play nice."

Following the overeager man was not a very difficult feat. His wake left people toppled, carts shifted, and witches perturbed. One particularly irritated crone moved as if to curse the oblivious man, but seemed to think better of it. If Liese lost sight of the bloke, all she had to do was to look for just a bit more chaos amongst the already chaotic, and she was on the path again. The witch almost felt like she was a famous Dansilan detective from her childhood stories, even though she knew in her mind this was child's play for even the most unobservant plebeian.

Liese was nearly on top of him when the man finally reached the apparent location, and like a good investigator, she hung back across the street as he entered the shoddily built abode with much gusto and noise. Popping a piece of lemon candy into her mouth from a small pouch of sweets, she watched as a blond haired individual scaled the building in its alley, before giving up with a defeated posture and entering it like a normal person would. It seemed like the person was another like-minded individual, and from his actions, it also seemed like the building was difficult to eavesdrop on, ruining her plans for the evening.

Debating for a moment whether to enter for a moment, she finally shrugged as she pointed out to herself there was no inherent reason to do otherwise. Liese entered right after Kuo, stepping over the fallen front door. There were three people in the ill kept room besides her: the man she was shadowing, the short blond haired fellow, and a mysterious silver haired woman, whose attire seemed out of place and almost garish for the occasion. Not moments after taking in her surroundings, the eager fellow began talking, rapidly. There were too many words for the few seconds in which he was speaking, but the witch understood the gist of what he was saying. His name was Arbour, he was a noble, and the first thing he looked at when being introduced to women were their bosoms. Compounded with his rudeness on the streets, it was not a very flattering first impression.

She loosened the red woolen scarf that covered the top of her black robe before leaning back on the edge of the inner door frame.

"Oh my," said Liese, in a pleasant voice. She settled comfortably into her position. "There's some red lint on your shoulder."

As the female warrior tensed up and starting looking around Verek began to wonder if he'd made a mistake. She wasn't handling the situation like he had expected. There was also a new look in her eyes and he took a step back himself, giving her some space so she didn't feel as threatened by his presence. He kept his own gaze on her as she looked to the ground, using his experience to assess her actions. "You had the look of a knight, a fighter when I saw you. I'm recruiting warriors for a mission related to the safety of Astopol." He took a guess that she would be more interested in patriotism than gold.

As he spoke he also noticed the crowd gathering around the dart thrower out of the corner of his eye. Evidently the man he had seen earlier was making a spectacle. Glancing over he saw that there was another woman there now, dressed in armour and looking very much like a knight. One of his brows rose in curiosity. Perhaps he could be done with this job far quicker than expected. Though as he watched it seemed like the man was throwing icy shards at the targets. He wasn't sure how Gristov would feel about three mages compared to three males. The general preferred working with those who shared the abilities he had.

He turned his attention back to the girl in front of him and awaited her response to what he had said. He stood with a relaxed posture making it clear he was not preparing to make any sudden moves.

Reactions: Psyker Landshark
Elizabeth

"Humans are so... Interesting."
She stood there, her eyes now some what adjusted to the bright light outside, watching the innkeeper abuse her even more. "I can't let her die before I kill her." She mumbled as she opened her book and began to flick through its many pages. She found a rather good spell and she opened her mouth to read the incantation but a woman's voice interupted her. "Innkeeper. Who are you to dare attack a Justicar's Servant. I ordered her to rent a room for the both of us so we may rest upon my arrival here." 'When did she get here?' It was obvious she was a Justicar, whatever that meant. She had only heard he say it and immediately became intrigued. "The world outside of Talze Utera is so very... Interesting."
Profanity was practically spat from the innkeeper's mouth and she saw this was clearly getting to this 'Justicar'. Her hand twitched and a small smile spread over the young Vampire's lips, though it was short lived. It faded as the woman and the... Wombat left. Closing her book and hugging it tightly to her chest, she watched to two walk off. 'Well, at least she's not dead but how will I ever get close to her with that woman guarding her?" She let out a small sigh as she squinted her eyes and advanced yet again into the sunlight, staying as far back as she could without them being swallowed by the intense white light that surrounded her.​

Sarah eyed the giant that entered her store, remembering the face and stature well, but not the name. She started to make her way over to a Talentium vault by the wall. She opened the door with a key from one of her pockets and pulled out a handful of small velvet bags.

"Relax, I don't think that they would fit her anyway. Here they are, I actually had them finished a couple days after your visit but you didn't leave me any contact information."

"H-Hey! That was not very nice, sending me around the block like this." Alicia now pouted, disregarding the rather nice giant behind her completely for now.

After handing the rings to the taller man, Sarah turned back to Alicia.

"I think that it was much nicer than I could have done, but now you know that I am the one you were looking for, master smith Sarah Telrin."

Oh, now she knew? Now she knew! But that didn't change the fact that Sarah had her fun with Alicia. Still pouting she continued. "Well, how about apologizing to me for a start?"

Sarah nodded and leaned down a bit. "I think that we both made some mistakes earlier and for my part in them I apologize."

The white hair looked a bit in surprise now, what mistake did she do on her part? She even followed the custom of buying something! "Urm, I know it might have been rude to ask for another Smith, but I also wanted to buy something to make up for it! So pardon me asking, but where exactly was my mistake?" Those words carried a strange innocence with them.

Sarah frowned, not even sure that the girl would understand with even a full explanation. She sighed. "You know, nevermind."

"Huh? No, please! I am still learning the customs of this country so I would be really grateful for your advice Mrs. - Ms. Telrin!" She wouldn't let it slip so easily, after all, what would happen if she would anger her other Master she was working for now? That would mean she was a bad Maid, which would mean she did a bad job.

"That's easy to see" she muttered to herself. Groaning a little bit, she continued out loud. "I think you just need to spend some more time watching and be more careful about what you say."

Alicia nodded. "Alright but..." and continued to think hard about what she just did! "I came into this smithery in the search of Ms. Telrin, but instead met Ms. Unknown, who turned out to be Ms. Telrin, and titled her Mrs. at fi- Oooohhh!" Now she realized, followed by a bow. "I am sorry for not realizing you were Ms. Telrin and also calling you Mrs. at first!" Yeah, that were the mistakes she did, right? Right.

"You got it, more or less." With that little bit of diplomacy performed and a potential customer nailed down she turned back to her primary customer.

Dedegear - Talze Utera
Eizl Yamkare​

No sooner than she had retrieved the entirety of her shadowy entourage, Eizl had come upon the lowly city streets, the particular orphanage in question distinct down the way. Despite the patrol of monsters she had occasionally caught out of the corner of her eye, she was not disturbed nor worried for her own safety. The coming event in question, however... It did not bode well despite the potential for adventurous opportunity. Was this imbuing magician sanctioned? Wanted? No doubt the usage of magic in the city was well-known and ignored, but even rumored things could present issues. With Rilolia around, this Talze Utera was not so lawless anymore.

The demonstration sounded innocent enough, but the participants that were involved could deviate greatly from peacefulness. She chuckled, quite literally, at herself. The doorway of the orphanage came into view... or rather, the open hole that served as an entrance. Where was the door? Dedegear was no warm community, so the lack of one seemed strange. Eventually she could glean from the dimness that the door had, in fact, been simply knocked down. A break in? There was no sound of a struggle.

Eizl approached and stepped in quietly, coming across the backs of three others already within. Crimsig remained outside, far too tall and heavy to enter without making a ruckus. It initially seemed calm, but the ramblings of the hooded man served to break that appearance well. Without shoes, Eizl managed to enter practically unheard, and she choose to remain so and let the scene play out. From behind the three, she caught sight of a silver-haired woman looking quite immaculate within her surroundings. One of the women stepped back and leaned against the door frame behind her.

"I suppose I'm not the only one who caught wind of a 'demonstration'," she said under her breath.

• The silver-haired woman smiled diplomatically at the rushed statements of this Arbour Sain. There were more people that she had expected, and it did tickle her fancy that half of them already held the power to use magic. A parasite, a medium, a puppet. Curiosity was a strong lure, wasn't it?

As the red-eyed child asked of the demonstration, she slowly shook her head, standing up from the chair. Both hands joined at the center of her body as she said, "Unfortunately, the demonstration is slated to happen midnight, and even then, one can say that it's not a 'permanent' fix. One has to put up a show in order to get proper funding, after all."

"My name,"
    she said, "is Tanya Sawyer, a researcher of magic and its relationship to male and female bodies, more specifically, those of humans. As you are all well aware, human, vampire, and elven males are incapable of generating, storing, or releasing mana. The few that have were considered anomalies, even though their bodies had no physical differences to others of their race. On the other hand, the same problem does not persist in, say…the body of a dragon, or of the Crystala. One can argue that, in the case of those races, they utilize an exterior 'object' that serves as their conductors. For dragons, they are the 'scales'. For Crystala, the 'crystals'. Cut those off, and they will lose such ability."

"What I have now is an exterior method of allowing people to cast magic, and it's no permanent solution. However..."

Her voice shushed then, the white flames casting long shadows.

"…you've heard of the witch by the name of Riley, yes? The right hand woman of the God Slayer. She was a monster at magic, but it wasn't always like this. Witches inherently find difficulty in casting elemental magic, but she was capable of using the elements with mastery beyond those of human prodigies. It could not have been the difference in ability caused by Talentium, as she had always been recorded as utilizing it. Something changed her ability to manipulate mana, and I believe that it will be an essential piece to providing a permanent cure to the inability to use magic."

"They say that the corpse of Riley is sealed in the deepest dungeons of Alzemel, below the castle of King Lazaros. Perhaps, Master Sain, you and your…companions, would be willing to visit the castle of the king and bring a sample?"

• "What an industrious worker," the man mused as the blacksmith handed over the pouches of rings, "I would be worried about the state of your lungs when working with no ventilation, but I guess magic is a very convenient thing to have."

Placing the pouches on an unoccupied table, he spread them open one by one, admiring the simplistic and elegant feel that was held in each individual ring. Different designs adorned each, from windy swirls to straight-line grooves, and he could tell that there was a reason why Sarah Telrin was such a popular blacksmith these days. He placed his fingers individually into them, before using his teeth to push the rings snugly in. He splayed his hand and smiled.

"Nice fit…and who is this kid anyways? A runaway from Dansila or something? Seems a little dull though, so maybe Astopol? Wouldn't happen to be chased by slavers from Talze Utera, would she? A caged bird and all?"

He brought out a hefty bag of coins next, plopping it onto the table with a heavy clank of coin.

"Here's the money too, darling. Got any plans for the evening?"

• Overhead, the birdships parted as an airship, brimming with magical fuel, slowed its flight, descending onto the air fields of the capital city. The streets were empty, murmurings coming from buildings as students partook in classes and merchants waited for the rush hour of when classes ended in order to properly tout their wares. After the innkeeper had stomped off back indoors, the odd pair was left relatively alone. A few guards raised an eyebrow at the heavily armed nature of Christy, but outside of that, asked no questions.

There was not a soul that impeded them on their quest to find a proper Inn.

• The merchant winced. Sure, Astopol WAS filled with knights in shining armor and warriors with tons of credentials, but he hadn't expected that there were still people who had any sort of experience with dart-throwing. After all, it wasn't a martial art and it was pretty much useless in an actual combat situation. How did that woman even do it so flawlessly, and with…high-difficulty darts as well. It was definitely wince-worthy, but at the very least, his stall was grabbing the attention of others. A small crowd was forming by the time the knife-tosser was up as well, choosing to correct the balance of the darts with ice magic.

Yeah, that filthy cheater. Of course it'd turn out that he was a rare example of a male mage, and go serious for such a game.

Suppressing the need to roll his eyes, the stall owner smiled at Astrid and said, "Very well done, madam knight. Truly a display worthy of someone of your stature. And without the assistance of magic as well!"

He pulled out a long box from underneath the stall. It was made of sandalwood and wrapped quite elegantly. The man offered the prize to Astrid, as the boys watched in envy.

"An iron-crafted replica of the first Talentium sword to be forged by Alier Velone, madam. It'll be quite a charming addition to your home, I assure you."

"And here are your darts, good sir. I'll be charging you extra if you continue on freezing over the darts though. Be a man and throw them without magical assistance."

Koestace, Astopol - Near the Inn

12:18

Cyron continued staring at the man. He wasn't angry the man was rewarding the knightess rather he was annoyed the man hadn't given him the darts he requested. With a sigh he summoned his icicles back to him and laid them in a neat row. The shards appeared to be much smaller so he picked one up and studied it. He concluded that the game was pretty much a waste of time. The noon soon would make him waste far too much energy on a frivolous game. Plus the man was a bore to observe. Every response was far too mechanical and rehearsed for his liking. Cy concluded he was better off leaving and resuming his searching for pancakes.

He was about to bid the knightess and the stall owner farewell when a new set of darts was shoved into his face. Cy tilted his head to one side. Another set of off-balanced darts? The mage can't help but wonder why anyone would go through such lengths for a simple booth game. Surely the good sir noticed that most in Astopol were incapable of hitting anything with a dart. It was almost as incomprehensible as wanting to charge him extra for fixing those faulty darts.

"Why do you need to charge me more? As far as I can tell all your darts are faulty so it's natural I'll compensate. Give me a set of normal ones and I'll stop fixing them."

He smiled once more in an attempt to appear friendly. Honestly it didn't take too much effort this time. The man's face was turning incredibly red not to mention he was twitching and stuttering like someone about to have a fit. He patted the merchant on the back reassuringly.

"I understand if you have none. Anyhow I'll be off to look for something to eat."

Last edited:
"I appreciate your flattery but well, I am no knight sir. And while I know how to use this spear, I'm ill-suited for such a task.."

Her eyes turned to the gathering crowd of people, and the two figures whom had taken the spotlight. Absorbing the situation for what it was worth, a small bit of entertainment, she quickly turned to the man whom had taken notice to her. She beamed a quick halfhearted smile, nodding towards him she added.

"If you can't find anyone else more suited than I before the festival ends, I may take you up on your offer. But you see, I'm looking for something~ And that takes priority over everything."

Lydia bowed deeply before quickly making her way to the scene. Camouflaging herself among the gawking festival-goers, she eyed the spectacles of ice and dart throwing from afar. Eyes widened and mouth agape she couldn't help but wander closer. Just in time to see the case be handed to the armored woman, she marveled from afar, arched upon the blunt end of her spear. Soon after, the ice-thrower approached and began to speak with the merchant.

"C-could I give it a try.. I can't tell if there's a line or not... There's a mass of people.."

Blushing brightly after speaking her words, Lydia leaned off of her spear and scuttled closer to the armored woman whom had a talent for dart-throwing. Avoiding physical contact, she stopped a few inches away and avoided setting her eyes on anyone, simply looking at her leather-clad hands with twiddling fingers curious of the answer she'd receive.

• Thank You
Reactions: Skyswimsky
Alicia still kept murmuring to herself about what she did and whatnot, words so silent only she herself would ever know. "...!" Of course! How couldn't she think of THAT? Gosh, it was like her being new to society all over again. Just silly. Clearing her throat for the sake of attention the white haired woman made the deepest bow she could muster. "I am very sorry! I totally forgot to introduce myself! My name is Alicia Rez! Currently employed as a M-Maid....? Guard?...Maidguard?​ Maidguard! In the Castle." If not for the apologetic honesty in her voice the overly done bow could have surely been mistaken as offense.

With that deed done Alicia moved back into a more comfortable position. Back to business. "Well, I am looking to buy a pair of Talentium earrings." Making a gesture towards her Brooch the Errant Knight continued. "I am not sure if it is adequate to wear this in my working uniform." And proceeded to inspect the rings the man was wearing, stating the already mentioned and obvious. "As beautiful as those are, they are really not my size." And rings could just get in her way of fighting. Though given the skill Sarah seemed to posses, she was sure her earrings would easily rival the mans belongings in beauty.

With her will given, Alicia now looked the one-armed man into his eyes, getting any confusion, and conspiracy theories, out of the way the customer explained herself very simple. "I am on a journey, for the sake of my training, which end I do not know myself yet. And I am chased by no one, at least not that I know of." Any more questions?

A bit taken aback by the tall man's sudden ramblings, Kuo simply raised an eyebrow at the flurry of words that spewed forth. He might have commented, but it didn't look like Arbour was the type to particularly care about what his own words, so there wasn't much point. Snark was only worth it if it got a reaction after all. Sighing quietly, for a moment he missed the days where he could actually poke fun at people for both parties' entertainment. Now the situation was just never appropriate, such a pity. The moment was over as quickly as it had come up though, as something caught his attention.

Looking over his shoulder, he eyed the lady for just a moment before focusing his attention elsewhere. Nothing too distinctive about her, but given the city they were in outward appearances rarely meant anything. While he had intended to return his attention to the lady that waited for an audience, something else caused him to look back once again. This person hadn't made a noise when she stepped inside the abandoned building, but her arrival brought with it a particularly unpleasant scent. Hiding his dislike, he turned away after a brief glance.

He had to admit, if she was trying to make this sound about as suspicious as possible, Ms. Sawyer was doing an excellent job. His eyes narrowed just a tad at the mention of dragons, though he quickly dismissed it as simply being an easy example. Assuming otherwise would have, probably, just been paranoia. And when Ms. Sawyer finally revealed the proverbial "bomb" behind all this, Kuo couldn't help, for all his politeness, but quietly chuckle. After all, foisting such a critical piece of her research onto four individuals she'd just met? Either she was desperate, and certainly hiding it well, or just looking for some disposable pieces that wouldn't be traced back to her.

As the man to her side coated his darts with ice in what could only be a show of magic, Astrid looked on in interest. A male mage? Now those were exceedingly rare. The only notable example she could think of was Dansila's Fion Seyour, and she only knew of the man thanks to his rampage in the war three years ago. Still, this man next to her was a curiosity now, thanks to his magic. Perhaps she should stick around and watch.

Taking her prize from the merchant, Astrid opened the box and barely gave the sword a glance before setting it aside. A little trinket like that was worthless to her, but perhaps a decorative piece like this would sell well to a collector. As a crowd gathered around the darts booth, Astrid contemplated simply leaving, but decided against it, curiosity about the male mage getting the better of her. However, before she could get to speak with the man, something else caught her attention: an armored girl with a spear shyly approaching her.

Astrid's lips quirked up in a smile as the girl twiddled her thumbs together, asking for a turn at the darts. How adorable.

"But of course," She cooed, looking down at the girl. "I see no reason why a fine young girl like you shouldn't." Astrid turned, motioning for the girl to follow her as she lightly pushed aside any of the crowd in her path. When they reached the booth counter, Astrid stepped aside, giving the girl a thin smile as she stepped aside, beckoning her towards the darts. "Good luck, young lady. Remember that the darts are unbalanced, as befitting of these games." She whispered to Lydia, chuckling.

"If I haven't found enough people you will find me here at the festival's end." Verek said, returning the half smile as the female left and headed towards the crowd nearby. Once she was out of earshot he voiced a quiet curse and turned towards the dart booth himself. If he went over there she'd probably think he was following her and assume the wrong thing. He couldn't afford to let that happen if it ruined a potential recruit and wasted his time dealing with the town guard.

And now she was talking to the knight he wanted to talk to, ruling out that chance. He sighed and hoped they wouldn't end up leaving together and making things an annoyance. At least that left one target, the male mage, who looked to be done with the merchant and whatever tricks he was pulling. Verek circled around the crowd so he was closer to the mage and further from the two females. The man was certainly not dressed like a knight nor did he wield weapons like one. Together with his earlier views of the man's posture and attitude Verek guessed this was a man who would fight for a reward, or perhaps the thrill of the battle. That would be what he would offer then.

He waited just outside the circle of the crowd in a position where he believed the man would make his exist from the crowd. His eyes stayed on the dart merchant and he saw the girl he had been talking to before step up to throw. Though it would appear he was looking at the darts his eyes kept glancing over at the man, enough to get his attention and make it clear he wanted to talk. The tricky part was giving off the right impression when he was spotted. He relaxed his posture again and allowed a small smile on his face as he waited.

Arbour wore disappointed frown as the silver-haired woman explained that the demonstration wouldn't be until later that night. "Hm," he said, "and you looked set up to do it right this instant..."

He didn't speak further as the woman introduced herself, Tanya Sawyer; That sounds familiar... The nobleman thought, memories of his time in Dansila surfacing: his studies, the Sidosa Board, the attack, and even lost moments thinking about a girl. Perhaps on cue, the same girl's name was brought up by Tanya.

It had been nothing really, an attraction that made his heart race and his dreams delve into the lewd, replacing the ones of mystical talent. Riley never knew of him, but he had constantly heard and seen much of her. Sleepless nights at the library, a few shared classes despite his older age... She was an open practitioner of her birthright, and a genius with her talents; he admired her for that.

When he had heard of the havoc she was wreaking, he couldn't help but think that there was something he could have done. Talked to her, asked her out on that date that he was always pondering on doing... or even have intercepted her on the day of the attack; when he had seen her leave the gates on an escorting job. He knew everything there was to know about her tyrannical warpath after that, having followed events closely enough that they were almost a distraction from his studies; always hoping for some knightly chance she would be near again and he could sway her from her current villainous ways.

Still, that was in the past -- there was nothing to change that -- and he began to focus on the rest of what Tanya had to say to him.

"Hm, Alzemel, one of her first destinatio- Companions?" He took a scope around the room. Outside of the boy(?) from before, there was now a pair of women gathered in this shoddy house. "When did you all get here? No, no, never mind; can't say I really care-" He turned back to Ms. Sawyer. "Anyway, I'm willing to retrieve her body. Granted, I would ask to work more closely with you for my own benefit were I to do this for you. Why aren't you joining us? No, wait, probably busy... More-so than me, anyway. Like I said, I'll go, but I can't speak for the rest of the group."

Last edited:
As the dart-throwing woman offered her advice and a few comments as well, Lydia blushed turning further away but quickly turned towards the merchant as the darts were prepared before her. She smiled to the merchant before taking some ground for herself. The particular dart she had chosen was slightly warped from being thrown too forcefully, this alongside being unbalanced made throwing it increasingly difficult. Nonetheless, she bowed her herself back and propped her arm back as well before shooting the dart straight towards it's target...

Unfortunately, it would ricochet off it's mark and towards the merchant himself.

"S-sorry! I've never thrown darts before!"

Scuffling to grab the next one, she repeated the same motion as before. This dart was however not warped, though unbalanced just the same. Her eyes fixated on the target once again, squinting in thought of how she should throw it. Fast, slow, at a curve? Lydia didn't want to make a fool of herself, so she kept to the same strategy as before, throwing the dart at full force straight forward.

This time it completely missed the target, sticking into a wooden rafter along the back of the dart stall.

"I'm so horrible at this, I don't know how those other two did it!"

Disheartened, defeated, she slumped towards the last dart sitting before her. Taking it in her hand, she had all but given up with this attempt to.. Wait why was she doing this again?

"Oh yeah, this is for fun."

Smiling softly to herself, she closed her eyes and threw straight once again. Lighter in force, the dart fired in an arc and stuck just below the bullseye of the target. As she peaked her eye open, Lydia let out a high-pitched squeak which cut itself short once she realized that she herself was emitting such a vile sound. She leaned towards the merchant, with widened eyes.

"D-did I win anything?"

Koestace, Astopol – Food Stall by The Skinny Crane

12:25

The two blades Verek was carrying caught Cyron's eye. The mage's steps slowed down till he finally stopped as he continued taking in every observable detail of the swordman's clothes and weapons. Gradually his green eyes reached the man's face. There was no change in his stoic face as he saw Verek smile. He merely looked around, but seeing no one else there he was forced to conclude the stranger was truly smiling at him. Slowly his lips curled up to form what could pass for a genuine smile. His eyes however remained as cold and calculating as they always were.

"Anyone wanting to talk will find me eating at the stall over there," Cy said as he ambled towards the place where a huge animal of sorts (maybe a pig) roasting above a well-contained charcoal fire. He turned behind to see whether the other got the hint. Satisfied he continued on his way. Looking back at the dart stall, he had seen a young spearwoman. Possibly she was younger than him and the knightess. He can't tell to be honest since that expert dart-thrower was quite the enigma. There were a lot of things about her that puzzled him. Her smell for instance.

Deciding to forget the knightess, he revisited his theories about this man then concluded only one was the most logical. At least it was for him. Cy decided to probe further by volunteering a seemingly harmless statement. "The tables are reasonably close to the dart stall."

He continued in silence. Upon reaching his intended designation, he pulled up an additional chair and sat down. The former scout made sure there were only two chairs at their table. Without waiting for his "guest", he waved to one of the well-bosomed ladies over to them. He motioned for her to keep quiet then ordered some of pork and the stew he saw being cooked earlier. Patiently he waited till she was done.

"Are you hiring former soldiers or mercenaries by any chance?" He paused and studied his companion's face hungrily to see if he managed to get any reaction from the man. "I'm merely guessing based on your earlier demeanor and naturally your weapons."

Once again that odd smile returned to Cyron's face as he leaned an arm against the back of his chair. He glanced at the wench to make sure she wasn't coming back so soon then gave Verek one of his usual piercing stares. "I'm listening."

Last edited:
Sarah nodded graciously and swept the bag of coins away and into her safe. She turned back to the tall man with a smile. "No plans as of yet, though I can always be convinced to change that."

She turned to Alicia, turning the words over in her head. Foreigner, some sort of ties with the castle and possibly not all that smart. It was a good chance to get some of her more decorative work on display in the castle and possibly abroad once the girl moved on. Her finger tapped the still slightly warm metal of the anvil. She eyed the bucket of scraps from recent projects, leftover pieces of steel from the helmet and slender pieces of Talentium from a recent necklace.

"I think I could help you out." Her eyes darted to the girls rose shaped broche and the last piece fell into place. It wouldn't even be that difficult of a project, maybe a couple of hours of work. "Yes, I'm sure that I could make something to perfectly suit you."

She walked over to the bellows and began to work them to breathe new life into her forge fire.

Dedegear - Talze Utera
Eizl Yamkare​

Eizl stood up from her lean and rose an eyebrow. The words spouting from this Tanya Sawyer were surprisingly unexpected, but not undesirable. Eizl saw then what she had initially hoped for; a questionable adventure, and by the sound of it, a rather dark and surely devious one. Graverobbery was easy enough, but to fetch the corpse of so famous an individual from so great a fortress. It was a peculiar request in every sense, and reeked heavily of destiny. A smell Eizl lavished. Stepping forward to Arbour's side, Eizl humored the silver-haired woman, firm as she was in wishing to carry out her request.

"You want us to be graverobbers in exchange for viewing this event of yours? Seems a tad bit unfair, no? What's in it for those who can already utilize magic?" Eizl rose an eyebrow and grinned. Tanya spoke of witches lacking in the capacity for elemental magic, something Eizl herself did not suffer from for reasons other than hard work and expertise. She left such things to Crimsig, nevertheless, to reduce the strangeness inherent in elemental feats on a witch.

"It couldn't be as simple as your tone indicates, Miss Sawyer. There's more to this. There must be."

Liese shifted slightly as a figure entering the building appeared in the corner of her eye. It was a girl; a witch, she presumed, after sensing the presence of a familiar in tow behind her. Probably a very poor one, she noted, looking at the newcomer's footwear, or lack thereof. Liese had expected more people to come to the demonstration on account of the boisterous gentleman in the bar, but it seemed it was only the four people in the room that were gullible or curious enough to follow strange rumors to a suspicious building and talk to an even more suspiciously clothed woman.

The silver-haired woman finally spoke at the prompt of the blond-haired individual. The witch narrowed her eyes as the woman, who introduced herself as Tanya Sawyer, gave her explanation. In all honesty, Liese had expected simple magic tricks, a spectacle that might earn her a few coins at the end of the night. Perhaps that would happen later, but a lesson on magic theory was unexpected. She didn't have any objections to the abstract lesson, but the second half of her exposition received more attention from Liese, who shifted her weight slightly forward, onto the cane. She gave a subtle but wry smile at the mention of elemental magic and Riley. It was relatable; she was quite good with the elementals now, but it was a bit of a struggle in her early years. So was Riley; they shared a similar background, after all.

But whatever sardonic pleasure the witch derived from that statement was quickly replaced with apprehension at the woman's next words. While her initial words were sensible and were spoken similar to that of a scholar's tongue, her statement and request was jarring and outrageous. Suspicious, even. After all, these statements were only backed by rumors, not hard facts and long papers.

The implied request, after all, was to infiltrate the largest stronghold of a sovereign state over a tale shared over a few beers at the bar. It was a tall order even from a trusted friend.

Liese also felt it was a bit presumptuous for her to assume they were companions, but that was a trifling matter. She shifted slightly, once again placing her weight against the wall.

"Alright. Miss Sawyer, you seem to be a scholar of some repute, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'd like to see some things clarified. What exactly do you seek from the body of this person? Your request is vague at best. And, as far as facts go, the location or even the existence of the body of Riley remains in the realm of rumors. If you can confirm this without a doubt, then perhaps you will have some ground to stand on."

The witch outstretched her free hand in a welcoming gesture.

"I came in here expecting card tricks and entertainment. This decrepit shack is hardly a place to make any request. If you can convince me… then I will consider it."

"Thanks for trying to defend me. I know it's not much. But it means alot to me after trying to defend myself for 15 years. I'm not sure if I'm ready to join anything yet. For now, I guess I'll keep doing what I am doing, convincing others that half breeds like myself deserve to be treated equally." Eile said as she looked at the armored woman again.

"My name is Eile. Eile Fon Lavin. What's your name?" Eile asked as she walked infront of the armored woman.

Christy looked down onto the smaller girl.
Eile Fon Lavin...
She now took a proper lookat the girl. Dark Greenish Hair, very foreign clothing.
There is a Vampire about within the city, illegally drawing blood, nobody would notice if something more foreign and more... disliked would be killed.

Christy turned to look around, not having replied to Eile just yet.

Only a couple Guards...
Her eyes observed the surroundings until they focused on a girl with white hair and red eyes, palewhite skin.
Is she the one responsible of the murder?
Christy adjusted the sword in her hand a little, she held it up until now and it appeared she would continue to do so for a while.
I cannot take the risk...
"I am Christy Selore. Justicar of the Ordo Aequitas Equitas, hailing from our keep Ultimum Iudicium, requested by the Guard Captain to help with the investigation of a loose vampire and I must ask you to remain with me, I have reason to assume that you are going to be the next target of this daemon."

Christy kept looking into the direction of this daemon, observing its, shape, forms, colours... to remember when the time has come to slay it.

The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the continent. But Justice does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo Aequitas Equitas will find and exterminate them all.

"Do you possibly know a suitable hideout? We need a location where we can sleep in the same room, in the same house in the same bed in the same side. I will not take the risk of letting the daemon devour you."

Her eyes did not leave the white haired girl in the distance.

(Daemon = Vampire)
(daemonic = vampiric)

Status
Not open for further replies.