Second Chances

A

Apocaric

Original poster
Great Heroes and Villains get second chances all the time...what if, for once, a group of failures did?

The Gods' Council
===Luck===
...look, all I'm saying is, I want to give some of these people a chance. I mean, I shitted on some of them pretty hard. Not to say that they didn't help it along, but why should the people who don't NEED second chances always get them, and the people that do, don't? It's just...

===?===
I will not have my skeins tangled by your...your...

===?===
Enough! All right, Luck. Why don't we see how this pans out? You'll...

===?===
I can't believe you're actually...!

===?===
QUIET! I will brook no argument from you. As I was saying, you'll be in charge of it, Luck.

===Luck===
What!? It's so far out of my area it's not even funny! I don't even know where to start! I...

===?===
Well, if you don't want to do it, then why...

===Luck===
THAT WASN'T WHAT I SAID. I'll do it. I just...

===?===
Calm down, Luck. Talk to me after the Council, okay?

--Destiny--
Luck, the hardest part will be getting started - you've already helped me mold I don't know HOW many mortal Heroes' paths!

--Luck--
What do you mean? I mean, sure I've done favors for you here and there, but...I...hardly...

--Destiny--
You see? Sometimes the difference between success and failure is a toss of the dice...and that's what your specialty is. I know you like to work subtly, and that'll even play in your heroes' favor. I mean, let's face it, I'm as subtle as a sledgehammer some times, but with lucky breaks and bad fortune guiding your path...

--Luck--
Okay, yeah, I see what you mean.

--Destiny--
You'll still need some sort of guide for them, though. It's sort of a rule. Don't look at me like that, I didn't make it up! Oh, and watch out for the other gods...a lot of them are wanting you to fail. I...

--Luck--
Yeah, yeah. I know, I'm not popular.

--Destiny--
Some of them are going to actively try to sabotage your heroes, Luck. Personally, I'm rooting for you, though. It's about time someone kicked Fate off her little private Olympus.

Players will be the beneficiaries of Luck's project. Each player was, in their past life, a complete failure - whether they were a wannabe hero who never really got off the ground, or just a loser who never did anything useful in their life. Whatever the case, they're about to get a second chance!

Luck is arranging for them to be reincarnated - and when they come of age, they'll be his chosen heroes! To help them, they'll get memories of the people they used to be, but they won't get them until they turn 16.

Players will need to first submit a mini-bio of who they were (see below) and then, if Luck thinks they're a good, worthy candidate in need of a second chance, he'll have them reincarnated! After being reincarnated, players should write up a bio of the person they've become in the last sixteen years.

Luck only has so much attention to go 'round, though, so he's only going to work with a group of six. A good, symbolic number, six.

NOTE: Each character (before reincarnation, at least) must have AT LEAST ONE MAJOR character flaw! More is encouraged, but be reasonable!

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL characters will be 16 when play begins! Play begins the day after their 16th birthday!

Mini Bio
Character Name:
Age (at time of death):
General Appearance:
Goal/Purpose:
General Personality:
General History:
How did S/He die?:

Final Bio
Character Name:
Birthplace:
More:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Talents:
Inabilities:
Fears:
General Personality:
Inner Personality:
Secret:
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:

Present Life:

Special Historic Notes:

YLVA IS THE GREATEST IN THE UNIVERSE.

Character Name: Ylva the Invincible
Job/Role: Wizard
Age (at time of death): 36

General Appearance: (pic)
Goal/Purpose: Protecting the lives of helpless people. Teaching newbies.
General Personality: Ylva is a god-sent gift to the world. At least that is how she thinks of herself. Beautiful, clever, wise, powerful, graceful... Ylva holds herself in the highest of regards. Of course everyone else describes Ylva as a conceited, shallow, heartless, braggart. Ylva has very little respect for anyone she finds beneath her, makes quick judgments based on first appearances, and everyone would be much happier if she'd just shut up and die. (And boy did they get their wish.)
General History:
Ylva was born the only child to very well off parents who pushed their daughter in to achieving the greatest she could be. This came natural to Ylva who displayed fantastic magical aptitude, quick wit, and an eagerness to learn everything she could get her hands on. This made her a model student, but did very little to curb her ever growing ego. The more Ylva learned, the more pride Ylva had in her skill. As she grew older she helped in many skirmishes in the city, then finally took up a teaching position with the local magical university.

Much to everyone's displeasure, Ylva really was a talented wizard. So trying to explain to her that her attitude was a bit over the top, would just fly right over her head as she laughed them out. Ylva knew that people would be jealous over her immense talents.

How did S/He die?: The city was under attack by a huge demon! Some idiot decide to try out a spell from one of the library books and let the beast loose. After several failed attempts by other wizards Ylva snorted with impatient. "Can't any of you buffoons handle a summoned demon?" she had said. Marching out in to the square with a wand held ready, Ylva looked pretty impressive. At first it might have even seemed like Ylva had it all under control! But the demon was a lot stronger than he looked, able to bend a wizards magic to turn against them! The more spells she cast the worst they turned against her. Ylva refused to call for help and in a last ditch effort, instead of casting a spell directly at the demon, she cast at an object to THROW at the demon - and missed. Missing so badly it set off a chain reaction of crashing market stalls. By the time the dust was clear, the demon was still terrorizing the square and Ylva was struck by two forks, a set of throwing daggers and an arrow!

[bg=#555555]
LUCK
Luck finished reading Ylva's life and shook his head sadly. She could have gone places, if she'd only started slower. Well, and had a little humility. And furthermore, who gives their kid a name like Ylva!? But he was sorry about that arrow, he really was. He had been in a particularly foul mood at the time. He made a mental note to keep a better check on his anger in the future. Let's see what I can't do with this, he mused to himself as he set the unusually battered volume off to one side.

Setting the volume aside, he thought briefly about how he wanted to go about this. It would be so convenient for his heroes all to be from the same town. But that would be highly Improbable. He snorted at his own foolishness. Did he, or did he not, the govern Chance? It would be singularly fitting for his heroes to be born amidst considerable coincidence.

Humming to himself, he selected a spot in a rather fertile valley. He had to pencil it onto the map, because, naturally, it didn't exist yet. He hadn't yet decided who he would nudge into living there!

Ylva'd had it easy the first time around, and look where that had gotten her, he mused. She needed parents who believed in a full day of hard work and in earning whatever rewards you got...so why not the town blacksmith? An old Army blacksmith, too, he thought, who wouldn't put up with any nonsense. And one who doesn't believe for a minute that women are weak! Not with the wife he's got!

She'll be an only child, too...last time, that meant she was spoiled, but not this time! No, this time, being the only daughter just means she won't have anyone for the chores to get split with.
[/bg]

Parents: Thormund Smith, Denia Halsvad

Siblings: None

Hometown/Birthplace: Haler's Mill

Birthmark: A pair of dice showing double ones

Character Name: Wilhelm Von Strausse
Job/Role: Vampire Hunter/Autocrat's Son
Age (at time of death): 24
General Appearance:
witchhunter-concept-02.jpg

Wilhelm was the second son of an Autocrat, and when his childhood sweetheart was killed by a vampire, Wilhelm set out to avenge her death and kill the beast, thus his seemingly simple garb.
Goal/Purpose: To destroy the Vampire that killed his Beloved.
General Personality: Before Wilhelm was like any other second son of a ruling family, he thought that his only choice was to join the military, fortunately for him, his mind was sound and his family wealth meant that he had not only the time, but the resources to study tactics and philosophy regarding warfare and tactics.

Wilhem was studious, calm and Cautious, though like any youth he was rather easily caught up in trivial matters he felt strongly for, in his case it was his feelings for a soldiers daughter, and her death shook him to the core.
After Serina's death, Wilhelm became bitter and hardened to the plights of men and nations, his mind twisted around his desire to kill the beast that denied him his happiness, and that black bitterness swept over all thoughts of joy and destroyed all facets of his personality that could not be devoted to vengeance.

In short, he became obessed with killing vampires, and other creatures of the night.
General History:
Born the second son of the autocratic ruler of a small nation of little concern to those outside its borders, Wilhelm was thought to be destined for military service, and his father spent a vast fortune aquiring texts and tutors who could give him a sound grasp of the art of warfare.
It was at age 15 that his Tutor into the art of insipiring and leading groups of soldiers, a Captain of common blood, who had risen through the ranks first introduced Wilhelm to the man's Daughter, Serina, and the two became rather intangled in a web of intrigue and secrets, unable to have an open relationship due to the rather strict laws regarding Wilhelm's Autocratic blood.

despite this, the two courted in secret for years, until one cold october night Wilhelm found the girl deathly pale and almost drained of blood, he neck a bloody ruin.
The Soldier's investigating her death discovered that this was but the latest in a string of such deaths, and that all were drained of blood.
Their conclusion was that the only creature foul enough to commit such a heinous act would be a vampire.

From that day on Wilhelm used his vast fortune to Amass texts and training in the hunting and destroying of vampires, and on the eve of his 24th birthday, he had learned much and felt ready to take the fight to the vampire, hisplan was to leave the keep the next night and hunt down the creature.
How did S/He die?:
The Vampire had long before Learned of Wilhelm's obsession, and it gathered a dark army of the undead and on the eve of Wilhelm's 24th Birthday, as the noble gather the supplies he would need to set off on his quest, the Vampire's army surged from the sewers, overrunning the Emperor's guard with seeming ease, their numbers swelling with every soldier they dragged screaming to the ground.

Wilhelm was the first to know what was happening inside the castle itself, and as the first filthy fleshless undead monsters crawled down the proctective walls into the Emperor's gardens, Wihelm ordered his father's personal guard to take his father, older brother and sister to the secret escape passages, Wilhelm proudly stating that he would kill the creature and thus defeat it's army, as he had sworn years earlier, for despite not knowing who the vampire was, such was his obession that all vampires were his hated foe.

The Vampire, surrounded by its guard of wights, clad in thick plate armor strode through the now open doors of the Castle walls just as Wilhelm and several loyal retainers, mostly cooks, maids and servants charged out of the Palace doors.

The Emperor's Gardens saw the feircest and most determined fighting ever seen in the small kingdom, as Wilhelm and his rag-tag army fought undead monsters in thick armor.

Wilhelm sought to challenge the Vampire to single combat, but the creature cast a deadly spell, the dark and foul magicks devouring the screaming vampire hunter, and Wilhelm's body turned to dust.

as Wilhelm's force sought to deny the enemy long enough to ensure the Emperor's escape and avenge their fallen leader, the Emperor's party was ambushed in the catacombs as they fled, for that had been where the vampire's lair had been all along, the Emperor and Wilhelm's siblings were all killed by the cunning creature's garrison, their screams sounding the end of the Autocratic kingdom.

I wanna play. 8] I'll get a character up soon!

Mini Bio
Character Name: Katara
Job/Role:Temple Maiden
Age (at time of death):26
General Appearance:
1046836713768.jpg

Goal/Purpose: To serve the God of War
General Personality: She was a soft kind hearted naive type who trusted people in what ever they said.
General History: Katara was dropped at the temple when she was a child and raised there, She never really belonged as a maiden for a War God but some how she slipped through the cracks, perhaps it was the lack of interest in anything but war but who knows what was one measly little girl, she was rather pretty to look at.

Katara knew she didn't really belong there and she always did her best to please everyone, however it was in all of the wrong ways. Katara was the butt of every joke and snide comment unfortunately she was just too dense to get it.

How did S/He die?: One night there was a knock at the door of the temple, she was always told not to answer the doors without first checking, and she flew the doors open to the calls of help over a child that had been brutalized only to find revenge. They charged her and ravaged, murdered and burned everyone and everything in the temple. Then forced her to watch everything until they did the same to her and burned her with everyone else.

(And Luck's new life for Ylva! )
[bg=black]
Character Name: Yvonne
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace: Haler's Mill
Parents: Thormund Smith, Denia Halsvad

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance: 5'7". Strawberry blond hair, wavy, and shoulder length. Hazel eyes. Well toned lean, body. Average clothing styles, though Yvonne more often prefers pants to skirts or dresses. Not that she doesn't enjoy wearing pretty girly clothes - it's just never practical for what she's getting in to. Yvonne has a birthmark with pair of dice showing double ones on the lower left of her stomach. (She tries not to think about it, because it brings up more questions than she can get answered.)
Strengths: Yvonne has a strong and healthy body! Good resistance against illness, weather, conditions, and physical strength.
Weaknesses: Like any human being, Yvonne is not invincible. Yvonne isn't exactly a trained combat fighter (but could hold her own in a small scuffle). She also has a low tolerance for pain.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Adventure! Fame! Fortune!
Talents: Clever, Inquisitive. Yvonne likes figuring things out, knowing how things work, where things come from.
Inabilities: Understanding people's feelings. ("Why can't you just tell them about it?" "Yvonne, it's more complicated than that...")
Fears: Demons. Even just thinking about them gives her the creeps. If she ever came face to face with one, she may as well just die on the spot.
General Personality: To the world Yvonne is a bit of a friendly nuisance. Much like the little kid that comes around asking a million questions without respite. Yvonne is naturally curious, liking to learn everything she possibly can about, well. Everything. Occasionally in her personal quests of figuring stuff out, she'll forget to mind her manners or use tact, which has gotten in her trouble on multiple of occasions. She never means to insult anyone, but has a hard time know when to keep her mouth shut. ("But a fact is a fact, I thought you said we aren't supposed to lie?!") Where no one particularly hates her, they do find her exhausting after awhile.
Inner Personality: Yvonne just likes to learn. Everytime she discovers something new it's this great rush of excitement! She has a hard time understanding why her parents and all the people in the village are so content to live everyday doing the same old thing, when there is just so much in the world to see and do. Her father is always a particular source of frustration, because he just doesn't seem to get her and his answers never quite satisfy her. ("If you spent your life looking for something new, you're going to miss what's right in front of you, Yvonne.") Of course, when she thinks about it, Yvonne has a hard time understanding people in general. Beyond her desire to run wild and free, Yvonne is still an obedient daughter, who does what she's told, respects her parents and ...usually... stays out of trouble.
Secret: Even though she was taught not to lie (and then later explain to that sometimes you might have to in order to spare someone's feelings), Yvonne has a dreadful secret. If her Father ever found out that Mother gave her permission to use his favorite pair of slippers in an experiment... ("Honey, I don't care WHAT you do with them. Those smelly things need to go!") Well. It's the end of life. On the bright side, Yvonne discovered that stink bombs are very effective weapons against boys invaded your club house.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Yvonne was born to hardworking parents in Haler's Mill. Her father, Thormund a former Army Blacksmith, with his own business in town. His wife Denia was an adventurer, who has settled happily in the life of a homemaker and farmer. Though having had grand adventures in their youth, they prefer the quiet humble life of Haler's Mill. When Yvonne came along it was a joyful blessing! However, raising such a wild daughter without breaking her spirit has occasionally been stressful! Yvonne has an insatiable desire to know everything. Bringing about innocent moments of following around the Sheep Herder to find out why his sheep come back naked, to more dangerous ventures like asking a bear in person why he sleeps all winter. Everyone in town seems to find Yvonne amusing, as long as she's not getting curious about what they are doing.

Present Life: As a coming of age teenager, Yvonne hasn't lost that inquisitive streak, she's just found better ways of managing it. "Consider the consequences before you act." as her father always says. Yvonne is now feeling restless in her humdrum life, and as far as she's concerned she's learned all she could in the tiny little village. She wants to run off in to the world and see what else there is to see. Magic seems particularly interesting, or maybe pirating, or alchemy, or dragon hunting... There is a whole world out there!

Special Historic Notes: Yvonne receives the memories of her past life as Ylva after turning 16.
[/bg]

Character Name:
Luna

Job/Role:
Ranger

Age (at time of death):

General Appearance:
Elf_Ranger_by_sypri.jpg

Goal/Purpose:
To protect her forest and to help the people who get lost in it.

General Personality:
A woman who doesn't have much to say unless she's angry. More often than not, she looks apathetic with a small amount of bitterness in her eyes. She's been alone in a forest for most of her life, which could explain why she is the way she is. The fun gets brought out of her when she's confronted with the people who enter the forest, seeking a chance to bring her home because rumour had it she was the most beautiful woman in the kingdom. Luna enjoys toying with human emotions so she can gain treasures, food and more from them and then count on her animal friends to send those silly men home so she doesn't have to kill them. Luna knows she's beautiful and will use that to her advantage.

General History:
Luna was born with a natural gift to communicate with animals and like her father, she was destined to be an excellent archer. She was raised in the very forest she claimed as her own by her two loving parents until one day, they left the forest without returning. Eight year old Luna was dependent on her animal friends for care while she practiced her archery and survival skills. The only times people saw Luna was when she'd go to the town for clothes and certain types of food. To a point when she matured, she no longer needed to leave the forest because she stopped growing and her animals would smuggle things she needed and brought them to her. Luna isn't evil - She just does what she needs to do in order to survive. She dedicated her life to the forest and all who lived in it because of the strong connection between both sides. Luna also would assist people out of the forest if they got lost by escorting them and telling the predators to relax. Those who entered with immoral intentions would be forced out, mostly unharmed.

How did S/He die?:
A pair of travelers came in the forest, evidently lost. Luna jumped from the tree she was relaxing in and offered to help them, but found herself in a trap. The travelers were kingdom guards in disguise and she was surrounded by more of them saying couldn't live here anymore because the forest was going to be cleared for constructions to benefit humans. Furious, she nicely asked them to leave before withdrawing her arrows to threaten them. "I'd rather die than watch you kill my home!" She said with disgust. Which is what happened... In her desperate attempt to win against the King's demands, she was slain and forgotten. Her title of 'Most Beautiful Woman in the Kingdom' was given to someone else in no time. Someone who wasn't obsessed with nature or wielded weapons...

Character Name: Jacquelyn
Job/Role: Stepsister and everybody's rug.
Age (at time of death): 17

General Appearance: Jacquelyn was a small girl, short compared to almost everyone else, coming in at about five feet flat. Jacquelyn was also not the skinniest girl about, not fat, but when she'd been alive it wasn't attractive to have curves. Flat brown hair that fell dead straight and thin adorned her head (making it nearly impossible to work with for court), a button nose, and small ears (possibly too small). Her most attractive feature would have been her almond shaped eyes, if they hadn't been set so far apart they made her look akward and hadn't been a muddy aqua. The general effect of the colour making it look like the nearest frog pond rather than a clear sea. So it left it up to her lips to do something right on her face and while the shape was something to aspire to (full on top and bottom), the colour of them made it always look like she was half way to the grave.

Goal/Purpose: To be as nasty to her stepsister as possible, according to her mother and blood sister. In all honesty she never really understood it, her stepsister had been better off than they had when her mother had remarried and technically outranked them in society. Ontop of being nasty (when she didn't want to be) her goal was to try and lure some male courtier better off in money than she was (also according to her mother and blood sister).

General Personality: Meek. The girl never knew how to say no to anyone, she was always easily coeherced into doing things that she didn't want to do meerly because of her inability to say no. Jacquelyn's general personality toward her stepsister was nothing like the real Jacquelyn. The real her was quiet and loving and not afraid of getting her own hands dirty. She enjoyed doing the mundane daily tasks that were left for the servants, and never understood why someone else should have to do things she was perfectly capable of doing herself.

General History: Jacquelyn had the unfortunate circumstances of being birthed to a horrible mother and an even more horrid older sister who wanted nothing more in life but money and fame, fame and money. When her father died when Jacquelyn was twelve, everything went to hell in a handbasket. Her mother worked herself into a furious debt and was left to remarry anyone who could absolve her of these debts. And so, she did. She married a man with considerable money, an ambassador to the kingdom, who had lost his first wife to childbirth some twelve years prior that put Jacquelyn and her new stepsister at the same age.

Unfortunately tragedy soon befell the family again as Jacquelyn's new father was killed in a horrible accident while on his way back from a summit with an outlying kingdom. There was always speculation as to whether it had been murder, but no one was able to prove it. With the man of the house gone, her mother (once again) worked herself into a furious debt. Realizing what she was doing she fired half of the servants and claiming that her new daughter owed her something for not just turning her out when her father died, put the girl to work as well.

And so the years went on as Jacquelyn's mother and sister treated her stepsister like the dirt under their shoes. Everytime that Jacquelyn tried to help her stepsister she was scolded and beaten until she finally gave up and just did whatever was asked of her. No matter what the task, or how cruel, she meerly said yes and went about the rest of her existence as an empty, lifeless shell.

How did S/He die?: Finally she got tired of all the horrible things she had done and that her sister and mother had done. One day while walking down the riverbank with her blood sister, she finally decided to try putting her foot down again. The girl had been talking to her about the newest scheme to ruin their stepsister's life even further and Jacquelyn wanted nothing to do with it. Angry her sister pushed her into the river, Jacquelyn wasn't the greatest of swimmers (especially not in full dress). When she screamed for help her sister began to throw rocks at her until she could no longer dodge the rocks and keep her head above the water. Dress weighted with water, she was slowly dragged under and drowned.

Character Name: Luca Amitiore
Job/Role: Bard
General Appearance:
Elf.jpg
Goal/Purpose: To not have to deal with people.
General Personality: Jaded, a little antisocial. You have to be really caring to become so jaded though, right?
General History:
Luca traveled the world with his mother as a child, she was a peasant and a gypsy in her time. She tricked people in towns out of their money with clever games, but the abuses she suffered to make a living, as well as the squalor of peasant life, made him feel wrong.

When Luca's mother passed away, he had learned from her the way of life she led, staying low on the radar. He had also picked up her skills with a flute and voice, but made nothing of any of his talents. He could have been a successful traveling bard, but he chose to stay away from cities and lead a life scraping a meager living in a forest.

How did S/He die?:
Luca died from starvation and hypothermia one winter, too stubborn to seek warmth and food in a nearby town.

((Edit: I actually made this before looking at Fluffy's. I think it's too hilarious to change >>; Hopefully they're different enough))

They even have similar names and look similarly. XD It must mean something.
>>

I finished my character in a blaze of triumph and, as usual, decided to take a look at my fellow posters.
I saw Fluffy's sheet and I think I about died laughing.
Fluffy, it means we're tied together intrinsically c__c
Or maybe just that Rory somehow warped us both into fitting some weird little mold he keeps hidden in a closet.

Yeah... Dammit Rory. Maybe it's both of those. Haha.

What's also funny is I almost made Luna a bard. XD

*laughs maniacally*

..now all I need is time and motivation at the same damn time....

I SAY WE STORM HIS STRONGHOLD, TAKE HIS WOMAN AND HOLD HER HOSTAGE!

*whimper!* I'm working on it! Creativity on call is like slogging through a swamp these days though....

[bg=#555555]
LUCK
Luck rubbed his eyes as he set the life of Wilhelm von Strausse on his desk, grimacing at the rather prominent feature of vampires. The account was unusually complete, for Death's records, and he wondered where it'd come from.

He thought for a moment, tapping the account's cover slowly as thoughts percolated. Another read-through helped focus his thoughs. Being an Autocrat had insulated Wilhelm from hardship during his youth, which had contributed to his spiral into obsession. Perhaps a demonstration of the benefits - and possible consequences - of living in the moment might help? Besides which, there was a conspicious lack of vampires in the world in this day and age. Although other undead weren't unheard of.

Luck leafed through his files to find a suitable parent, and came up with a surprising candidate - a thief named Leye Arda. The woman was a habitual gambler - she had a tendency to play Devils' Gambit* - in large part because she didn't have anyone she cared about. A child would almost certainly change that, as would a fresh start in a place she wasn't distrusted.

A few thoughtful minutes later, he went off to begin arranging things.

[/bg]

*Devils' Gambit - Risking everything on the outcome of a single event. Russian Roulette would be an extreme example.

Parents: Leye Arda, [unknown]
Siblings: None
Hometown/Birthplace: Haler's Mill/Dersiyed (A large port town on the Carus Sea)
Birthmark: A pair of dice showing double twos

Notes: Leye came to Haler's Mill with the intent of making an honest fresh start.

[bg=black]
Character Name: William Arda
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace: Dersiyed (A large port town on the Carus Sea)
Parents: Leye Arda, [unknown]

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
C_71_article_1126548_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

William stands at about 5'6, and his physique leans towards fit and muscular, but not excessively so,
Strengths: William is lithe, quick and nimble, but also strong, the combination making him rather handy in a villiage brawl, this is where he has learned to fight, though his technique is rather like that of a boxer mixed with basic karate blocks, he most frequently fights with drunks who insult his mother.
Weaknesses: tends to act before thinking about the consequences, William is highly impulsive and prone to getting in fights over "matters of honor" such as when a drunken farmer called his mother a tart.
William received quite a few bruises and a broken arm in the ensuing fight, even if he did knock the farmer out cold.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: use his ability to fight to earn himself a career of some sort.
Talents: fighting, sneaking around, learning
Inabilities: gambling (though he has only done so a once or twice before, his impulsive nature lends him towards loosing vast sums of money on wagers.....but that may come in due time) oversensitivity, short tempered
Fears pitch black darkness, large bats, occult rituals
General Personality: on the outside, William seems like a carefree, impulsive teenager, easy to disrupt in terms of emotions, he also seems prone to flights of fancy and daydreaming.
Inner Personality: William has recently taken on 'black moods' as he calls them, they have only started happening since his fifteenth birthday, and the frequency from which he sufferes them has increased right up to his sixteenth birthday.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Whilst he was born in Dersiyed, William was raised in Haler's mill, most of his childhood was spent with his mother on a small patch of land, where his mother turned her gambling and theiving skills to good use, teaching the people and shopkeepers of Haler's Mill the best ways to catch cheaters and theives out, though by doing so she made more than a few enemies, as well as some stalwart freinds, one of whom, a Farm hand named Griff Oberwald, took it upon himself to teach the then ten year old William how to protect himself and his mother.
the next six years consisted of learning from books (Williams mother taught him how ton read at an early age, and you could say that reading was the thing William liked best) and Griff on the best ways to win fights (Griff, an educated man in his late 40s, also taught the young William several basic levels of philosophy, and whilst he doesnt truelly understand the lessons learned, much of what Griff taught him revolved around the best way to win a fight being to avoid it.)

Present Life: Presently studying some advanced philosophy with Griff Oberwald, reading historical texts and soforth as well as practicing his fighting skills, William is struggling to deal with the dream he had on the night of hsi 16th birthday, wherin he saw himself as a man, obsessed with hunting a creature of the night.

Special Historic Notes: William receives the memories of his past life as Wilhelm Von Strause after turning 16.
[/bg]

urk, ill finish the rest tomorrow