Second Chances: Starting Anew

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Apocaric, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Sometimes the people you don't think deserve a second chance are the ones that need them most.

Yesterday, in the trade city of Haler's Mill, six children celebrated their birthday, and with it, their passage into adulthood. Last night, all of them - even Beni, who never dreamed - dreamed of another life. And then they saw themselves, sitting at a round table with a man impossible to describe. He dealt cards to each of them, and they gambled against him until one by one, they disappeared in turn from the table. When only he remained, he gathered the cards, carefully shuffled them back into order, and then rolled a pair of dice. As they bounced and rolled, he faded from view. The dice continued to roll, until suddenly they stopped, ending the dream. Each of the six children, those who bothered to look, found that when they woke up, their birthmarks had grown bolder.

In Beni's bedroom, a small sprite with sore wings lay curled on the girl's chest...

2. Beni snored. It was an impressive sound, considering her mouth was open - drooling a bit onto the pillow she clutched in one arm, nuzzling happily againt. "Mmm, than'oo... hit me 'gain, willya... an' more o' this drink oo've sherved ush up...?" What came afterward was an awkward-sounding giggle and a turning in her bed, causing her to fall off the bed with a quiet -thud-.

At first, it might have appeared she was dead - until she let forth another roaring snore, shifting a bit in her new position on the floor. Blearily, she opens her eyes. Mumbling to herself, "Nnnn... floor 'gain..." With a yawn, she sits up, blanket falling from her body. She had, years ago, fallen asleep in the nude - it was the only way she felt comfortable now, but originally, it had been because she always woke up nude anyway, and often with her joints hurting.

With a sigh, she walks over to her dresser, putting on her clothes before sitting down in front of her mirror - her hair fuzzed out and filled with static. Grabbing a brush, she began to fix it - wondering a bit about the briers and stickers she pulled out. She mentions to herself, "Gotta do this more often..." She was, of course, completely oblivious to the poor sprite that was, thankfully, saved from being smushed by the falling Beni, but now was under the sheets that lay on the floor...

3. Yvonne was sleeping so deeply that she hadn't heard her mother calling. It was a rude awakening when all of a sudden CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! happened by her ear and Yvonne bolted out of bed to land in the floor with a loud THUD!

"Good morning, sunshine! I see you slept well!" exclaimed her mother, Denia, looking pretty chipper and all too amused.

Glancing at the window and giving her mom a bleary eyed glare, Yvonne picked herself off the floor. "You are SO mean. I'm telling dad." Getting some water to splash on her face made the sudden shock a little easier.

"Uh huh, Speaking of you Daddy, he's decided you can cash in your birthday gift today. One free no-work day, all for you!" at her daughters squeal of happiness, followed by a dance around the room, Denia rolled her eyes with a grin. "After you feed the chickens."

"The chickens, mom?"

"The chickens."

"The CHICKENS?"

"YES THE CHICKENS." interrupted a booming male voice from downstairs.

Denia laughed as she left, leaving a mumbling Yvonne alone in her room to get dressed. Seeing as today she got to have a free day, with no chores (except for the chickens), Yvonne decided it was the perfect day to wear the pretty dress mommy gave her for her birthday. She never got to wear dresses, and it wasn't because she didn't like them. It just wasn't practical when you were running around on a family farm and helping your parents do the dirtiest things imaginable.

Trotting downstairs, Yvonne stopped long enough to kiss her father on the cheek before prancing away to feed the chickens! Tossing feed around, she yawned, thinking over some of the dreams she had before she was so rudely awakened. They were all pretty strange. Watching herself do a million things she had never done before. But it had felt so real. The worst part was that she knew it was her, but it didn't feel right. Left her feel kind of sick to the stomach.

With the chickens fed, Yvonne skipped off towards the town. A free day meant the perfect opportunity to talk a friend in to an adventure. Beni or William might enjoy playing!

4. [size=-2]
    Luca turned over in his bed, his eyes thick and heavy with sleep, his mouth slightly open and his soft inhaling and exhalations could be heard. Tousled blond hair pooled around his head and Luca yawned, his dream flickering at the back of his eyelids.

"Huzz..."

A sharp rap on his door startled Luca from his bed, his eyes flying open and the sun-filled room greeted his finally awakened presence. A small twinge at his left hip caused him to look down. To his surprise, his birthmark stood out boldly, a brilliant mark against his skin, almost like a welt.

"Coming mother!" Luca realized suddenly who was knocking, stumbling to his rough wooden dresser to tug out clothing to wear. A pair of brown, loose leggings and a stark white tunic later, Luca was tromping sleepily into the room with his mother and father.
    [/size]

5. Only problem I can see is the Lady of the Lake thing in Hyland, But I'm sure we can find a work around. XD

6. William and Griff had stood at the edge of the field as the sun rose, slowly moving through a few of the relaxation rituals Griff had taught the teenager, who had experienced some terrifyingly real dreams after his birthday.

Dark dreams of running into a night filled with filthy dead creatures and a horrific monster, and head woken with a start after a vivid part of the dream where the monster uttered something in a dark language he didnt know but yet had still seemed familiar.

William had woken screaming as he felt every moment of Wilhelm's death.

the dream had so shocked him that he was still having trouble breathing when Griff arrived to teach the boy more meditations.

when he had learned of the dream, the old man had smiled sympathetically and lead William through several familiar mediations instead.

7. Ina had woken up gasping for air and tears rolling out of her eyes. It had all seemed so real to her "What the hell was that?" she had asked herself as she sat up in her bed. When Ina had finally caught her breath she hugged her sheet around her and sat in her window. It was just before dawn and the sun was starting to break through the twilight. She was 16 today and by all accounts she should be excited however Ina could not see past her dream. It just all seemed to real and for the first time she really thought about why she couldn't open doors.

It was too much, there was no way it could be real, yet it made so much sense at the same time. It had to be from a past life but that was crazy, wasn't it? Inas mind reeled for hours about it.

the sounds of the house waking up pulled her out of her thoughts. Ina stood up to get dressed as she took the first step her foot got tangled in the sheet. Stumbling to catch herself, Ina managed to fall out of the entrance on the floor that connected her room to the main part of the house. The ladder that went from the entrance to the floor caught the blanket caused her to spin mid air right into her fathers arms.

Booming with laughter Wulfric kissed Ina on her head as her look of surprise and mortification was too much for him to handle. "Happy Birthday." He finally managed to tell her after a few minutes. "Why don't you get dressed and try coming down the right way?" He set her down shaking his head the laughter, at her expense, still shining in his eyes as he walked away leaving Ian scrambling back to her room and dress for the day.

8. [size=-2]

Smiling lazily at his family, Luca flicked on his most charming self. Before he even got a word out though, his father's chuckled rolled through the tavern.

"Go on, my boy, I don't want exposed to that heartbreaking charm. Save it for the pretty lasses who come and pay just to make eyes at you. Go have fun, but be back for the evening rush. We still need you."

Grinning widely, Luca fished his coinpurse from his cloak and ran out the door with many times more agile grace than he had exhibited trudging down the stairs. Silently, he tried to think of what all his friends might be doing. Almost all had a birthday today.
    [/size]

9. Ina jumped down into the hallway and was securing her chain as her younger siblings rushed her with their delightful screes of happy birthday and their endless drone of how they were going to make a cake and pie and an enormous feast that night. Ina smiled adoringly at them as she took their hands and lead them toward the delicious smell of.. burning?

Ina let go of their hands and rushed to the kitchen and froze for a moment. As her father was standing there in her mothers cooking robe fanning out the smoke screaming obscenities at their charcoal like breakfast. Ina's mouth gaped and her mouth started to twitch into a smile. In no time Ina was on her knees as she was laughing so hard, her mother was leaning against the door frame with that "I told you so" satisfied smirk plastered onto her face. The children were laughing pointing at their father asking if he was their new mommy. Wulfric gave a snarl that would make any lion proud and stormed out of the room.

Many jokes and snide comments later Ina found herself walking into town for breakfast. Ina sighed and stomped out of the house in frustration as her father handed her money and told her to go make new friends. "What a jerk!" Ina grumbled as she kicked rocks down the road. She didn't know how to make friends outside of training. Most people just looked at her funny and made comments behind her back about her inability to open doors. Ina thought that most of the people were nice to her because of her father.

Ina bit her lip as she made her way through the town and stopped just outside of the tavern where she was going to have some breakfast. Ina took a deep breath and looked around to see that no one was around. Ina slowly moved her hand to hover over the door handle. Her heart was pounding, her body was shaking and visions of her dream tore through her mind. Ina touched the handle and yanked her had back as though it were on fire. Ina sighed in defeat and was about to walk away as someone walked out. Sighing with relief Ina took her chance to slip in and sat down in the back corner, where she would be able to see everyone and the door.

10. I can see Alfheim as being a forest, but not a tropical forest. more like the forest along the Rockies or some other mountain range.

11. [​IMG]

General

Name:Rococo Raux
    Nicknames: N/A
    Titles: N/A
    Birthday:8/27
    Blood type: O-
    Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual

Personality

Personality before abduction: Rococo was always a busybody, trying to learn in different ways because of her severe lack of sight, but struggled to maintain with her peers. She found herself to be a loner, dying for attention and friendship though she couldn’t relate to many people. Instead, she explored every last inch of Tullytown, creating a visual replica of it in her mind by touch and listening to the sounds of the bustling city. Rococo, always curious, made acquaintances along the way during her mini adventures.
    Most can say Rococo was a bit clueless to how the world worked and society ran. She had no social cues or skills beside the most basic and seemed to always put her foot in her mouth when she spoke. Those who understood Rococo taught her the best she could.

Personality after abduction: Rococo always had a bubbly personality even through all the destruction and chaos around the city due to her very poor vision. She imagined her own would without the pain, making her seem very unsympathetic and unremorseful. Rococo is a very curious young woman, her hands always digging around in rubble to find treasure and other trinkets. Her mind is always racing, either by discovering the world around her by sound or touch, or talking to anyone nearby. Rococo is always jittery, unable to truly rest.
    When someone tries to destroy or disprove her imaginary world, Rococo goes on the defensive by raising her voice and debating or simply leaving. While she doesn’t see herself as a loner, Rococo comes across as too much trouble and work, forcing the teen to be on her own.
    Having zero skills in combat, Rococo manages to survive by staying one step ahead by using her incredible abilities of sound. She can only hide and pray that the danger passes her.

-Animals
    -Lemon cake with tea
    -Crowded locations with plenty of solid objects
    -Peaceful, quiet days and nights
    -Meeting new people and casual introductions
    -Searching for treasure and other trinkets/treasure hunting
    -Exploring the world through the sense of touch
    -Adventures with friends

Dislikes

-Loud sounds and ambient noises
    -Open, clear spaces
    -Being alone
    -Bugs, rats and other critters that plague the city
    -Vomit inducing smells
    -Overbearing and controlling people

Strengths

-Curiosity: Always curious about the world and objects around her, Rococo makes for the perfect student in her personal quest of understanding.
    -Kind, gentle soul: Rococo is one of the few around who has a kind heart and never makes judgement of anyone even when those around do.
    -Brave: Maybe her lack of vision causes Rococo to be braver than the average person since she is unable to truly see the dangers in front of her.
    -Cheerleader: Always cheering for others to accomplish even the smallest of goals.
    -Street smart: Exploring Tullytown alone before the abduction made Rococo very knowledgeable about her environment, where everything is and when something is out of place.
    -Tough: No one can bully Rococo. She will stand up to those stronger and more mature to either defend or protect herself or friends around her.
    -Independent: While Rococo rather be around friends, she’s capable of being and surviving on her own.

Weaknesses

-Curiosity: Rococo is unable to tell the difference when curiosity can be for good or when it can lead to risky situations.
    -Gullible: As long as someone makes their statement sound as fact, Rococo will believe it without a second thought.
    -Emotional cues: Another downside of being visually impaired, Rococo is unable to read or pick up others emotions and moods.
    -Attachment issues: Due to not having friends, Rococo can quickly become attach to anyone that shows an ounce of kindness to her.
    -Personal world: Rococo has created her own world inside her mind that is completely the opposite of the real world around her. Many times she talks from her own world’s point of view, creating confusion to those around her. She will fight to justify her own world, claiming it to be more of a reality than the one around.

Fears

-A dark world in her mind
    -Being forever alone
    -Being able to see like a regular person

Etiquette: Rococo knows her please and thank you, what not to do while eating, and all the other basic etiquette a human should know.
    Attitude: A loudmouth, chatterbox that doesn’t know when to keep quiet unless something else catches her attention.
    Outlook on Life: Despite everything, she has a happy outlook on life
    Perception: Everything is good no matter how bad.

Appearance

Height: 5’4
    Weight: 120lbs
    Body type: Boy shape, lean
    Skin: Tan
    Hygiene: Whenever she comes across a hot shower, she will bathe, wash her hair and brush her teeth
    Eye color: Cloudy light brown
    Hair Color: Chestnut
    Hair Length: Short
    Hair Type: Loose, fluffy curls
    Hair Style: Pixie/boy cut
    Scars/brands: N/A
    Piercings: N/A
    Birthmarks: N/A

Inventory

Casual outfits: A sports bra underneath a white T-shirt and a gray sweater jacket. She wears cut off jean shorts, black leggings, and high flip flops as she mostly prefers to go bare feet. On her head is a green beanie.
    Formal outfits: N/A
    Combat outfits: The same as her casual but with leather boots, fingerless leather gloves, and sound enhancing headphones
    Accessories: Plastic beaded bracelets along both arms
    Makeup: N/A
    Equipment: Sound enhancing headphones, adapter, couple of batteries, a pocket knife and some matches
    Trinkets: N/A

Powers and abilities

Manipulation: Sound, specifically echolocation

Restrictions

-Crowded, object filled places where sound can bounce off from and return to her, giving her “sight”. Open spaces free of objects will not work as the sound will continue to travel for a far distance to find an object to the point she’s unable to hear it.
    -Loud sounds will cover up Rococo’s personal sounds, making it unable for her to “see” and register the environment in her mind.
    -If Rococo somehow becomes temporary deaf, she is unable to use her powers at all.

Skills before the abduction

-Scavenger: Rococo loves to dig through garbage and piles of rubble for treasure and other gadgets/trinkets
    -Gatherer: Unable to cook, Rococo gathered edible fruits and vegetables from parks and other areas.
    -Merchant: Any of her treasures were usually sold or traded for other important items.
    Skills after abduction: No new skills are added besides a better understanding of her power.

Relationships:

Acquaintances:
    -Aaron James Cross
    -William "Will" Harker

Friends/Allies:
    -Allistair "Albatross" Buchannon

Enemies: TBD
    Lovers: TBD (pg, teen only)

Family:
    -Mom: Missing
    -Dad: Corrupted
    -Brother: Missing

History
    ((WIP))

12. [size=-2]
    Luca raised an eyebrow as a small female shape slipped past him into the inn. He contemplated going back in after her, but it was his day off! With a sharp burst, he took a gasp and the world seemed hazy around him, his eyes coating over.

He looked back to the building where his mother and father sat. Something seemed missing. With a slight tingle on his scalp, he turned back toward the sunlit town.
    [/size]

13. I'm surprised to see a witchcraft clan started on Iwaku, it makes me pretty happy.
    Hiya, I'm Vivian or Vi, I might actually be changing my name to Malvolia. I've been into witchcraft for roughly five months now and am still learning a lot. I can say confidently the shift has helped my emotional state a lot, and the community on Tumblr is absolutely precious, but since we're all here for the common interest in witchcraft, I will drown you in misc. information. I play a lot of video games (Mostly Nintendo because I am TRASH) and it is pretty heavy into my practice. For reasons of convenience, my altar is in my Animal Crossing game. enjoy arts and crafts, anime and sleep. If you shoot me with a gun I'll explode into a lovely shade of lilac ink. That's how it works, yeah?

14. Yvonne skipped through the town, occasionally stopping to chat with other people in the village. She'd ask a few questions about what they were up to, offer to help, get shooed away, none of which seemed to bother her in the least. Her first stop was to see if William was available, but she spotted him off with his teacher-guy. Probably not a good idea to bother him yet.

Her second stop was at the bakery where she purchased a couple of those really sweet, very delicious pasteries with the fruit fillings. Last week she had tried a few experiments in making them herself, but... they didn't quite go over like she had anticipated. Maybe she should apprentice for a summer.

As she walked past the Temple, Yvonne slowed. Yesterday had been Alex's birthday too and she never had a chance to give him birthday wishes. Granted, normally if he caught sight of her, he took off running. She supposed he was shy or afraid of girls or something.

So, there she went, entering the temple. Quiet as a mouse, she glanced around at the humble surroundings as she walked down one of the isles. Yvonne never got the whole praying to invisible deities thing. It didn't make sense.

Once she saw Alex, she stood behind him for a few moments as he knelt praying. It would have been rude to scream his name in the temple (though it would have been really funny) so instead, she reached out and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Aleeeeeeeexx!"

15. I agree that EASY will plop them down in places to wreak as much havoc as possible as she is intent on causing as much death and chaos as possible. I'd say she would place most of her Ends in a same general region (Probably a fair way away from any Drifters) so at some point the mutual ideas between the Ends (causing harm to humanity or generally just causing death and chaos wherever they go / claiming territory or what have you and so forth) will slowly begin to link small groups of them together which will also be apart of her scheme as more of her two favorite things will occur more strongly with more Ends working together. Especially once they start gaining control over creatures, lands and or people.

16. Its only a matter of time, not sure if anyone seen the recent episode
    Black kings (open)
    That the black kings had started harvesting and claimed a dragon already, also some guy spawned at the end, so he must be an ends as well.

Easy's an interesting character.

17. Alex smiled when she started to show off her new dress, especially the part about her climbing trees and attacking people. That was Yvonne to the letter, daring to do things no one else would do because it was too dangerous or people just didn't do those type of things while wearing a skirt. But then she caught on about him praying longer than usual and looking worried and he blinked. Oh, if only she wasn't so observant about these things!

Alex quickly shook his head. No, no one was bothering him. Well, no more so than usual. But suddenly Kyr and his band of thugs didn't seem so bad. (Eh, he was certain he'd rethink that the next time he ran into them.) Attempting to get Yvonne's mind elsewhere, he scribbled something else on the pad after crossing out his previous entry.

"Busy?" It read.

18. Kunari walk over to Ashley's crib and watch her sleep.

19. This could be good for my character since I'm well with Japanese history, and mythology.

20. "I've come to kidnap him." Yvonne said it with a straight face and such a serious tone, that it might have very well been the truth. All she needed was a sack and a sword.

She probably didn't even need the sack.

Putting on her nicest expression, her hands were clasped behind her back as she gave the priest a big wide smile. "I was going to make him play with me. You don't miiiiiind do you? Mary Hallisberd says 'A child should have freedom to enjoy their imagination before they face the harsh realities of the world' and since we're only still 16 it would be a healthy flexing of our youth!"

Sometimes what people say in idle conversations came back to haunt them. She liked remembering useful tidbits for moments like this. And if the Father didn't agree - Well. She'd just make good on that kidnapping threat.