Seas of Silent Hope

"Well..." Wondered Martha. "I... I don't know... Anything would work. I mean I have no experience... But I need the money, to pay for a place to live and all that things..." Said her. She never had to work before, she always lived from looking for food in the garbage or in the church. Even stealing if it was required. "I'm good reading people... But I don't think that's even a job." Said her with a shy smile.

Ri thought for a moment. Good at reading people? she thought. Ri couldn't think of anything at the moment but she always saw signs around town looking for someone so she asked Martha, "Hmmm...Do you have a phone? I could look around and give you call if I find something."

She made a movement like reaching her pockets, but then realized that, right now, she was poor as rats were. "Ehhhrrr... No, I don't. I used to have one, but... Well, I don't have a phone." Replied her. "I... I guess I could get one...." Said her, thinking about 'getting' one from someone else.

"That's alright." Ri said. She took out a piece of paper and pen. SHe wrote down a few things and then handed it over to Martha. "Here is my address and phone number. So if you ever need me you know how to reach me."

"Thank you." Said Martha nodding. And so, they both talked about meaningless stuff for a while and finally, Martha looked at her watch and got up. "I should go. I need to find a place to stay for the night, is getting could outside." Said her with a chuckle.

Ri looked at her watch also. "Yeah i have to make a few calls. It was nice meeting you, Martha." Ri said getting up and grabbing her purse.

Martha smiled and waved her hand as she walked away. That Ri girl was pretty nice, when I got the chance I should call her again, thought her as she put her hands on her pockets.

"Kestreel!" Called Daniel as he walked through the bright corridors of the GDA building. Kestreel turned around, but didn't stopped walking. "What do you want now, show off guy?" Replied Kestreel. "I... I have a name , sir. It's Daniel." Then Kestreel looked at him as Daniel got to his side. "Sure, and I have a lot of stiff to do. Now, What do you want. Daniel." Said Kestreel a little bit annoyed. "Yes, yes. Ehh... It came a girl a couple of hours ago, she was asking for his brother. She told me you..." But then Kestreel interrumped him. "He's dead." Replied Kestreel without a single bit of remorse in those words. "W.. What?" Stammered Daniel. "You've heard me. It was marked as an hight threat, but, I don't expect you to understand it. Now go back to entertain our visitors." Said him being really rude and dissapeared inside one of the 'Authorized personel Only' Elevators.

I hope we can meet again soon Ri thought. Martha seemed like a nice person even if she she didn't tell the 100% truth. Ri sighed and looked towards the sky. Would now be a good time to call? She pulled out her cell phone and the card that Daniel gave her. Before dialing Ri decided to just go there in person.

Ri walked up the steps of the now very familiar building. She walked over to the secretary desk and was pointed to where she might find Daniel. She walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. "Hi!" she said cheerfully,"I'm sorry to intrude I was just wondering if you have heard any news?"

Daniel looked at her and had to do a grat effort to fake a nice smile and nod. "Yes, I've got to talk with the captain." Said him as he took one of his cards and started writing something on it. "Your brother is safe here with us. He is really happy to be part of our family and you will be able to visit him in a couple of days." Said him handing to her the card. "I don't wish to be rude, but if you excuse me, I got a ton of work to do right now. I see you later, okay?" Said him as he left.

Note: Can't talk here. Tea shop 21:45.

Ri nodded discreetly. She smiled. "Oh that's great! Well i'll be going now. See you later." she said wavin at Daniel and walking outside the building. She read the note again once she had reached the corner. I wonder what this is all about she thought to herself. He said that her brother was fine but could he have been lying? What happened to him? Ri decided to just go to the tea shop and wait.

Daniel arrivet at the place at the time he had promised and when he saw Ri waiting for him his soul fell to his feet. How was he going to tell her his brother was killed? No matter what excuses the GDA could put to this cases, but when he heard of them killing someone a little bit of faith in the GDA disapeared. "Hey..." Muttered him when he saw her. "I... Let's see if we can find a nice place to take a drink, I must talk with you." Said him.

"Alright." Ri said ordering a drink and sitting down at a tablr near the back of the tea shop. "So tell me. Why are we meeting here." she asked curiously.

"I... I lied to you before, about your brother." Said him looking at her. "I don't actually know why, but the GDA had him marked as an high threat and..." He was touching his cup, not knowing how to say what he had to say. "Well, sometimes some... No, I... Some times people don't want to cooperate with us and, well, some times we turn them to the plice, but some other times..." He sighed. "Some times we can't risk to let some people just leave... I... I D..." He put his hands still over the table and looked at her. "Your brother is dead." Said him.

Ri didn't know what to feel. It was as if she couldn't breathe and the world just stopped. She sat staring at Daniel in shock. When she could think a little she said, "What? This...this can't be happening. I was just with him." Ri could feel the tears building but she managed to hold it together. "I have to go. Thank you." she told Daniel. She only had one person on her mind as she walked out of the tea shop: Kestreel.

Kestreel was in the lobby of the GDA building on the city. Leaned on the counter of the receptionist place he was struggling against his phone to make it work propertly. Amazing how much energy those things waste, thought him, about to send the little device straight to hell. "Having problems, honey?" Asked the receptionist. "Uh? Well, now that you mention it, yes. This devil's device is playing tricks with my mind." Said him jokingly. The cute receptionist giggled and gently took the phone off Kestreel hands. "Here is the problem, you haven't configured the interface yet." Said the receptionist. "Oh, yeah... the interface...." Replied Kestreel, not even knowing what an interface was.

Ri walked inside the GDA building. On her walk there her sadness had turned into pure anger. She couldn't believe that that man had killed her brother. What right did have to do that? Adam was so young and had so much to live for. Ri felt herself getting even more angry. Once she spotted Kestreel she walked right up to him. "Why?" she asked.

Kestreel was having anice chat with the receptionist when Ri interrumped them. "Wha... Lady, we are closed. Why aren't the doors closed?" Asked him, but the receptionist just shrugged. "Come on, lady, take your anti-GDA shit somewhere else we are closed." Said Kestreel pushing her towards the entrance of the building as some of the guards of the place started to appear due to the receptionist calling them.

Ri turned around and pushed his hands off of her. "I'm not anti-GDA you asshole! I want to know why you murdered my brother. He did absolutely nothing to you!" she yelled at Kestreel shoving him backwards. Ri could feel her blood boiling. She had never been so angry in her life. She could feel a tingling in her fingertips but ignored it just like she ignored the guards by the doors.

"Yeah, sure, sure. If I had a penny for every time someone says me that... Now go bother someone else with your problems." Said Kestreel. Then his right arm started to glow very softly. "Come on, don't make us call the police." Said one of the guards.

"Call them. I'd love an audience. Besides i'm not leaving until i'm finished." she said her eyes glowing a bluish color. She raised her hand a the guard who mentioned calling the police was sent flying upwards by a giant rock that appeared out of the ground.