Seas of Silent Hope

Daniel listened to her and smiled as he always did. "Well, if you ask me... You look like... Maybe a musician? Yeah, some kind of artist... A painter maybe? You know, drawing landscapes and nice pictures." Asked him wondering. The tea finally came and Daniel nodded in thanks to the waiter, who once the drinks where set on the table, left. "May I ask where are you from?" Asked Daniel.

"I've never thought about that." she said taking his suggestions into consideration. She had never thought about that before. She made a mental note to look into art classes later. "I'm from New York." she told Daniel.

"The big city... We may not be that big here, but it's really nice in here right?" Said him looking at her. "I must ask; what did you think about us, GDA, now that you have seen what we really do?"

"This city is a lot easier to live in. Not so many crowds and violence." she said. Ri didn't want to tell Daniel EXACTLY what she thought if GDA. He would probably not be too happy. So instead she said, "It's a lot different than I thought it would. Some of the rumors were proven wrong."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that." Said him, looking really happy to have done his job well done. Then he looked at his watch. "Look, I should get back to work, but it's been a pleasure to meet you. If you want to get in contact with me again, here is my number." Said him handling her a small card with his name, phone numbers and other information. "I will look into your brother issue with Kestreel, so why don't you come back in a couple of days? And if you want anything, don't hesitate and call me. Okay?" said him leaving some money on the table.

"Thanks." she said. Ri took the card that Daniel handed her and put it in her purse. "It was nice having lunh with you." she said getting up and walking out of the tea shop. She hoped that Daniel would be able to help find her brother.

As Daniel walked back to his workplace he sighed and looked to the sky. Poor girl... God have mercy on her brother, thought him.

Helena was new in town, runing from the GDA usually forced her to do that, always runing from one place to another. But wy here then, well, keep your friends near but your enemies closer... Yeah, that seemed like a nice idea a few weeks later, but having no friends it didn't looked too good now. As she walked down the street, trying not to call any unecesary attention, she started to remember songs to keep her powers away, something somewhat difficult lately. In her musical thougth, Helena ran into Ri, and barely looking at her she looked to the ground again and apologized. "Sorry Anna-Mari." Muttered Helena as she walked away.

The girl that had run into Ri knew her name. That was weird Ri thought. She had no idea who she was and yet she knew her name. RI ran after the girl. Once she reached her she tapped her shoulder. "Heyy how do you know my name?", she asked her slightly out of breath.

Helena looked at her again and continued walking. "S... Sorry, I... I don't know." Said her lying to Ri. Saying that she was able to get into the brains of the people wasn't a efficient way to make friends. "Just leave me, please." Muttered Helena.

Ri could tell that the girl was lying. She didn't want to frighten the girl but now she was curious as to why she was lying. "oh sorry. Heyy i'm kind of new in town and don't have many friends. Would you like to get some coffee or something?" she asked.

Martha stopped and looked at Ri and frowned. "Mmmm..." At least she was trying to be honestly friendly. All the people that had been friendly to her before had always some hiden intention, sometimes harmless, sometimes not. "Mmm.... Okay..." Muttered her looking at Ri.

Ri smiled and began walking towards a Starbucks. She hadn't been here long but finding out where Starbucks was was the first thing that she did when she arrived here. "So tell me how you really know my name." she asked Martha while walking beside her.

Martha looked at her and shook his head, still refusing to tell her the truth. "I... I don't know. Luck, I guess." Said her having second thoughts about the whole ida of having some drinks with an unkown person. But It was long time since the last time she tried to make some friends, or to speak to someone. "You wouldn't understand anyway." Muttered her more to herself than to Ri. "Where are we going?" Asked her trying to focus the conversation somewhere else.

Ri sighed. If she had to guess then this girl was like her brother. Why does everyone have some sort of special power but me ? she thought to herself. Ri realized that Martha didn't want to talk about when she heard the abrupt subject change. "Oh Starbucks. Is that alright?" she asked hoping that it was. Coffee always calmed her down.

She nodded. "Yes, Starbucks is fine.... I don't have too much money, tho." Said her as they fianlly reached the place. Martha looked around, all the thoughts and stuff on all the peoples minds got inside her all of suddedn and she had a bad couple of seconds trying to fight all of it off. He closed her eyes and put his boths hands on her head, forcing her powers to obey her. When all stoped she looked around and spotted a nice and lonely table next to a window. "Sorry, headaches." Said her. "Let's sit over there."

"That's fine. It's my treat." she said after Martha mentioned about not having much money. Ri was just happy to have someone to talk to. She was about to ask her a question when she saw Martha put her hands to her head. That's strange she thought. When Martha had recovered she asked, "Are you ok?" as she walked over to the table that the other girl had indicated.

"Don't worry, they are just... Well, just headaches." Said Martha with a nervous chuckle. "So, you told me you weren't from here? Where are you from?" Asked her, again, trying to take the conversation away from her powers. "What do you do? I mean, study, work..." Asked her.

Ri just nodded at Martha's answer. "I'm from New York. I work as a secretary in a small business in town. I moved here because of my brother." she said a little sad. She missed him so much. Hopefully Daniel will have talked to Kestreel by now ahe thought ot herself. She made a note to call him when she got home.

Martha looked at her and nodded. "That's nice of you. I'm from a small town of Canada, You probably never heard of it. I came here r..." And then she went silent for a couple of seconds. Telling her she came here running away from the GDA because she had mutated DNA... Not a nice way to make friends, not nice... "Mmmm... Looking for work... Yes, I came here for work..." Said her.

Ri decided to play along. Martha was obviously going to say something else that did not involve work. She hoped to be able to find out one day. Her curiosity was driving her insane but not wanting to be rude she said, "So what kind of work are you looking for? I'd be happy to help you if you would like."