Seas of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is folks! IC thread! You guys can talk and greet with each other as long as you want, but make your way to the chambers soon to plot our first adventure! I'm thinking something simple first, like looking for an armory of lost weapons or something. Open to suggestions!

@FangirlingSinceBirth I also need you to complete your sheet. I can already work with what I've got, but I your appearance and history would help.

@Regland Will do!

Decided to make a CS for Kleon as well, cause why not.

Name: Kleon Horus
Race:
Isene

Job: N/A

Appearance:
desert_prince_by_zephyri-d5puciv.jpg

History:
As third-born son of Kleopatra Horus, Kleon found life with two older brothers difficult. Having three younger ones didn't help. His mother was a harsh and stern woman, with an iron will and iron fist. She was more of a father to her children than their father Osiron. She only had one spot on the long table for dinner, and the child that impressed her the most would be chosen to dine with their parents. Kleon never got to sit at that table, and some nights it still haunts him.

He always came after his brothers who were older and bigger, but Kleon had cunning and charisma. He made friends with many of his servants, as well as getting on his sisters' good side. They were already grown women, but Osiron wanted a male heir. Kleon was in truth the fifth child of the Horus family, but his sisters had left for the seas earlier. When they visited Kleon had tried to flatter his siblings and win them over, but they saw through the ruse. They told him they did the same thing at his age. Nonetheless, they wanted to get their father back by helping Kleon kill his father's heirs.

Kleon was the only remaining heir to Osiron after he poisoned his brothers, and his mother soon died from heartbreak. His sisters urged him to keep their father alive however, so that he could suffer the loss of his wife and favored children as long as he could. Kleon and his sisters began a hostile takeover of his father's ships and businesses, becoming renowned for being even more shrewd and cunning than his father and even crueler than his mother.

His sisters celebrated their victory by giving him a gilded sword, once thought lost beneath the waves. When he learned how much it was worth, something woke inside of him. Forget spices and silks, he told himself. This is real gold.
Personality:
On the outside, Kleon is kind, witty and generous, with a warm smile. Inside he is worse than both his parents. He has no sense of remorse, no sense of duty, and knows nothing of forgiveness. He has a very easy time controlling his temper and hiding his emotions, but he will stop at nothing for revenge.

Kleon lacks his father's love for seating himself in cushions and velvets, nor his mother's taste for parties and extravagance. He yearned for adventure ever since he saw his sisters' ships docking in their port. His twin sisters are the only people Kleon ever truly loved, apart from Ramses; he tried to love his brothers once, but they kicked and beat him when he did. Kleopatra Horus only scolded him, and Osiron Horus was busy getting fat with cheese and counting coins.

Kleon values worth and strength, moreso in his followers than his trade goods. He values the ones who make him happy, and treasures the ones who make him rich.

Wow, Kleons a pretty handsome mastermind ^^.

Imma watch this and consider it.

Orz. Brain fart, couldn't think of a single thing to write.

Um, i believe @FangirlingSinceBirth is being left out of the RP as she hasn't posted, ya know' at all >_>

Yeah, and her character sheet isn't even finished. @Regland If FangirlingSinceBirth doesn't show up or at least messages me you can have her spot.

Thinking of joining. Let me know if there's a spot open

Quick question, are we going to time skip to the ports we break in day to day, time skip straight to the final location, or RP everything, including the entire travel from start to finish?

Question, as this seems to be a sailing RP, would you be interested in having a navigator?

What's the writing level?

Sign-ups closed >_>

Oh. Okay. The banner's still up.

I'm fine with time skipping, if there's no interesting encounter that happens along the way. If you have any ideas for interesting things to happen along the way, share it! Or we can just go straight to Breaking Bay.

I set the writing level to intermediate, but I wouldn't be super picky. As long as you spell things right and use proper grammar to the most of your ability, then why not?

Still haven't heard from Fangirl. @Regland if you're still interested the spot for merchant is still open.

To everyone else interested, I can message you if a spot opens in the RP if you want.

Alright, time-skipping from port to port till we reach the destination it is ^^. If someone does come up with something interesting that happens along the way i'll have Olivia stop the ship for it ^^.

I'd take you up on that offer. Please message me if a spot opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.