Searching For the Safe Haven with Her {Danger and punkukelele}

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Cerina Sael, #ff7400, solid]
This girl was so confusing. She was trying to survive? What about me? The fuck was she on about? I didn't like the fact that she had touched me again too. Plus she wasn't making any sense. If she wanted to survive, wouldn't she have gone the other way or something?

"Go the other way then." It seemed like the easiest option, and I wouldn't bother her any more. It's not like I was worth anything to her, probably better off to die in her eyes. And I was so not throwing a tantrum.

The thought of punching her was tempting, but I wouldn't go that low. I simply "hmphed", and turned around again. If she tried to annoy me one more time though...
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kai Arkose, #1fc9fb, solid]
I had the vague sense that she didn't appreciate me touching her and while it was tempting to do it out of spite I realised that I would be spending a lot more time with her.

"You can't go back to the river, you're basically leading them towards you. Look, please please please just follow me I'll answer whatever questions you have just for fucks sake let's move away from the river."

She seemed pretty pissed at me but she was going to have to deal with it, she wouldn't survive a day on her own so it looks like she's stuck with me. I don't understand why she was so determined to follow the river anyway. She still looked pretty pissed.

"Are... are you sure you don't want to punch me?"
[/fieldbox]

Stopping, I rolled my eyes. Couldn't she have just told me that in the first place? How hard was it to talk? Turning back around, I put my hands on my hips. "Fine. Why didn't you say that in the first place?" I asked, staring at her with a not so friendly look.

I was still annoyed at her, the idiot. And despite her offer, I decided to be nice simply because I didn't want to waste energy. No. Can we get going? If you start doing annoying shit again I might just punch you."
[/fieldbox]

Dialogue was still quite foreign for me, I had grown accustomed to fear anything that was not silence, verbal mines were everywhere. To be honest I was kind of hoping she would punch me - punishment had been drilled into me for years that it was almost suffocating to go unscathed.
It was bad to dwell on the past, I had to be rational and to focus on the present and I knew the next thing I needed to do was get as far away as I could from the river and maybe get some common sense into this girl. The sun was falling far too quickly.
My fear grew.
[/fieldbox]

She looked like she was thinking about something. Narrowing my eyes, I couldn't give a shit and walked past her. If she wanted to stand there like an idiot then she could do that. I needed a place to rest and some food, as it had been a while since I last ate.

"You coming or not?" I snapped impatiently, not even bothering to look back at her. Was she still expecting me to punch her or something? I wasn't going to do that. Though it seemed more and more tempting by the second if she didn't move her ass after telling me I was going to die.
[/fieldbox]

I guess we were going to be travelling in silence for a while then, both of us were refusing to speak. It was easy to move, the terrain wasn't too terrible and she seemed to be keeping up with me pretty fine. I kept changing directions everyone in a while just to make sure our tracks wouldn't be too easy to trace. It was getting dark increasingly fast but I didn't feel like stopping, I would continue until she complained.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Ugh. How long would I have to be travelling with her? I had places to be. And the way she kept changing directions was messing with my own internal compass, wanting to continue heading towards the safe haven. Sure I liked my life, but I would also prefer to be safe as well. And I was curious as to how she had started working for him in the first place, though there was no way I was going to actually voice it.

Glancing up at the sky, I noticed it was getting dark. I looked to my companion with a frown. Were they still going to keep walking? I hope not. At this time I would've begun making camp with a fire. "Are we going to stop soon?"
[/fieldbox]

Well okay i guess we stop now. I tried to keep talking at a minimal and started getting up a tree, it was a perfect tree for this, enough branches to shield me but not enough to be annoying to climb. It was around seven - eightish now? If i fell asleep now I would get at least eight hours. Well, as long as she co-operated.

[/fieldbox]

When the other girl began climbing the tree, I simply stared at her. We were going to sleep up there? Was she crazy? It was incredibly uncomfortable in a tree and I would've much preferred sleeping on the ground. And that was exactly what I did. Instead of following her up the tree, I simply sat down at the base of it and started unpacking my stuff. She could go screw herself.
[/fieldbox]

I looked down and saw her unpacking, well I mean as long as she didn't build a fire I wouldn't disturb her. It was slightly annoying though and difficult to leave if we needed to leave quickly. We probably only had 6 hours of sleep at this point anyway but I was way too tired to be arguing with her so I just let her be.

Deciding that it was too cold to sleep, I looked through my bag for my matches. They were one of my most precious items, as I didn't really know how to make a fire otherwise. Gathering up some stone and twigs that were around, I put them all in a little circle and struck the match against the tree. Fire blazed up and I gently eased the match onto the twigs. Soon I had a nice little fire going and my hands were warming up. Since it was small, I should be able to sleep without anything catching on fire.
[/fieldbox]

You had to be fucking kidding me. I just could not catch a break with this person. My god. Such an idiot, how has she survived this long. I was starting to get comfortable on my branch and I needed to catch some rest as fast as possible and I honestly couldn't be fucked going down and kicking the shit out of the fire and her. Instead I manipulated some small tiny pebbles onto the fire, snuffing it out. Before she could make any annoying sounds of disapproval I used a rock to scratch out on the sand around her 'smoke you idiot' then turned over and went to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.