Searching for the one... or three

E

esoteric

tumblr_mn1o13G3VN1r2lm6yo1_500.jpg

Hello, I'm Eso.
I have recently returned from an unplanned, yet much needed hiatus. During my downtime, I did not stop writing; if anything I wrote more than ever. To say I evolved as a writer sounds a tad conceited to me, but I truly believe I've grown quite a lot. Anywho! I'm telling you all this because it is my newfound confidence that has inspired me to delve back into rping. What I want most is to find a few partners who match me well.
It's always difficult to figure what exactly to tell you about myself, but here goes nothin'!
23 yrs old
returning college student
avid linguaphile
11 yrs experience rping holy butterflies that's over a decade​
My writing style tends to be flowery and romantic. Not so much fluff, but what some people find to be unnecessary and excessive use of complex words, metaphors, and other figurative language. And I own that. I know it turns some people off, which is why I like to warn anyone who might collaborate with me. I like to go into the finer details of setting and character studies. It's one of the reasons I may ask you a lot about your characters. I want to really delve into them (from my character's perspective of course, and without overstepping into puppeteering territory). Most of my writing is heavily influenced by nature as well, although this is more apparent in my independent writings.
As for my roleplay specific tendencies, I write anywhere from 300-1000+ words. I tend to match my partner or it depends on the flow of the rp. Dialogue heavy scenes usually lighten my wordcount. I post a a bit oddly. Sometimes you'll find me posting frequently, up to multiple times a day, and other times it may take me a week to get something out. As you probably well know, our muses don't always let us take free reign. I'm very understanding if my partner needs extra time or might not give a full 500+ post every now and then. I don't get upset over ghosting either. Been there, done that. I've experienced both sides of the coin and I know there isn't ever any malevolent intention behind it.
As an ancient proverb says, three fingers hold the pen, but the whole body works. And aches.
Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

I love, love, love worldbuilding and discussing plot/character dynamics. OOC chat is lovely and I find it very useful for keeping an rp alive, but I don't expect it of everyone. I might bug you from time to time with questions though. ;)

A good number of my rps are adventure themed. It's something I enjoy, I think because it gives a sense of purpose and usually has an end goal to work towards, yet leaves room for something more if desired. I do like good sedentary, slice of life themes as well. In fact, it's one plot I'm really burning to try at the moment. For me it's gay all the way or purely platonic. Maybe it's because as a child all I read was hetero literature.... now I just really can't stand it, or at least writing it. I'm not gung-ho about romance anyway and definitely not searching just for smut.

My partner must:
be at the least intermediate and preferably adept/advanced
be redstar if they wish to pursue anything more than the fluffiest of romances
tolerate probing questions about their character(s)
like cats
understand that not everything is decided by some explicit coupling or uke/seme top/bottom whatever the heck kind of typing
that last one came off rude, I'm sorry
be ready to rp here, on site. we can use discord ooc but I want to roleplay within the site's perimeters

please let me know if there's anything else I should add
pm or post here if you'd like to partner up (let me know a little bit about you as well)
my plot ideas will follow shortly after this post

Reactions: moffnat

Plots

tumblr_mnvx6gIQDS1rv29fpo1_500.gif

It's some time not too far in the future. Borders are failing, war is rampant, and the Earth is unbalanced, chaotic. Two characters find themselves joining a gang... if you could call it that. Inspired by Robin Hood and other "rebel with a cause" characters, a group of people join forces to aid the little people. From stealing food from dignitaries to give to homeless--to protecting victims of prejudice from attackers--to leading large scale revolts over tycoons and dictators; they fight corruption and other evils.

> the two characters
  1. One character (A) takes the other under their wing, helping them navigate life in the "gang." B might be reluctant and shy away from the help due to pride or some other barrier. Or B latches on quickly and they become inseparable-earning infamy as the dynamic duo. Friendship/Found Family/Romance
  2. A joins the gang and in no time forms a rivalry with B. They bicker. They get into fisticuffs. But when it comes down to it, they have each others' backs. Found Family/Romance
  3. Both characters have a hidden agenda in joining the gang. They are not against it, but they do wish to use it for their own goals. They find out each others secrets and worry about getting snitched on. They end up working together instead. Friendship/Romance
> wordbank : angst / action / social issues / co-dependence / relationship growth

tumblr_mopu6c5fXZ1rv29fpo1_400.gif

A world underground. A world underwater. A world above both. Each fears and loathes the other. When by chance a Taenarus is swept into Unda, the world of sea-breathers, an unlikely friendship is made. At first A and B limit their interactions to sly remarks and necessary talk, but for some mystifying reason they don't attempt to kill the other. A reluctant but unwavering bond is made.

A conceals B in an area untraveled by other sea-breathers as they plan an expedition to the surface. Both are weary of the worlds they live in and dream to see the sky. Discarding stereotypes and traveling together is difficult in many ways, but through conflict and calm the duo unearth the path to peace between races bent on ruin.

> the two characters
  1. A wishes to escape a stifling family with conservative views. B hopes to find a family. They both want nothing more than to see the sun in all its glory. Friendship/Found Family/Romance
  2. Solum and Unda are on the brink of war, with more and deadly conflicts occurring every low tide. A and B do not want to see their brethren die, they'd rather leave the violence behind. Instead they search for answers in the peaceful world above. Romance/Friendship
> wordbank : adventure / mystical / angst / enemies to friends

tumblr_nreec5Z7oH1sfet3to1_500.gif

Reminiscent of His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, we take the daemon and apply it to our world and make it a lot less dark​. Two characters who work very nondescript jobs meet each other by chance and slowly, gently fall in love. Only thing is, their souls are much quicker to realize this than they are. Afraid of overstepping boundaries and losing everything they have, the two are stuck in a deep relationship without progress. It's not sex or anything primitive that they're missing... just enrichment. A blossoming of something more. What they need is a kick. That kick comes in the form of peril.

> the two characters
  1. A loses their job and has nowhere to go. Without a thought, B provides A with a place to stay until they find a new source of income. They quickly fall into the domesticity of living together, but not without some trials and errors.
  2. A is caught in an accident/assaulted. Struggling with the physical and mental effects, A spirals. B notices the change and does everything they can to help. Both reveal inner doubts and secrets as they heal all wounds, old and new, together.
> wordbank : fluff fluff fluff / romance / angst / relationship growth

Last edited by a moderator:
updated with plots!
I am open to alterations btw, these are just barebones.
please feel free to offer insights or world/character ideas