1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
I work 10 hours days 4 1/2 days of the week as a vet tech. Some days I come home and just fall straight to bed after a long day, but others I'll come on. I also compete in obedience competitions with my dog, so a lot of my time is spent training with him. The weekends and Mondays are my best days to be on.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Slice of Life, Medieval, Romance, Action, Adventure, Animal fiction (not anthros or furries), a little bit of Fantasy
Hi all, and welcome to my thread! My name is Shelby, and that's how you can address me if/when you come into contact with me. I have currently graduated from college and am in search for a good job which has left me with a lot of free time--a little too much for my own good. I've become quite bored with my days and want to fill them up with something creative so here I am, typing up this search post.

I will be updating this whenever I get a new idea for a roleplay that I want to do.

---------------------

I would rather it if my partner(s) was able to write at the level of Adept or Advance as specified with the writing levels of this site, meaning that you should be more than comfortable with writing in paragraph form with at least few paragraphs, and that you should be well adept with English grammar rules. I'm not asking for novels from you with every post, or even the perfect post with no mistakes, however I want the roleplay between us to be a real story with lively, luscious details to bring the world and characters to life. What ever length you'll give out, I'll more than likely give the same back, though I do have a tendency to write a bit more, but that's just me.

I tend to reply relatively often to, or at least I can since I find myself with a lot of time right now. Sometimes I just get uninspired to write anything, however, and sometimes I just lose my muse, but I'll definitely try my best to be active and will let you know if my inspiration is waning. The more interested I am in the story, the more likely I'll reply quickly and often, but the same doesn't have to apply to my partner. You don't have to reply daily or anything of the like, mostly because I know life can be a bit hectic and because sometimes I won't be able to reply every day if I find myself too caught up with life. All I ask is that you at least be able to reply a couple of times a week.

If you ever want a writing sample from me to better judge if we would be compatible partners, just let me know!

------------------

I don't necessarily have any plots in mind for any of the things I'm posting below, but I am definitely not opposed to hearing any of your ideas. I love being able to combine ideas or create entirely unique ideas with someone knew.

What I'm looking for:

Things I DON'T want:

• Historical: I just don't like it. Never really could get into it.
  • Furry related: Again, I could just never get into it.
  • Horror: I'm kind of a wimp, and though I've never really delved into this genre, I don't think I'd really be any good at it.
  • Sci fi: This is something that, again, I've just never really been able to get into, or at least it just doesn't really interest me that much.

Things I DO want: (The more *'s that I have next to the idea, the more interested I am in it and the more I'm craving it. I'd also like to mention that I would rather all of these pairing be mXf because I have more experience with playing that out. I have nothing against any other pairings, but I would just rather it be mXf.)

**Modern:
Slice of Life: I love these roleplays! Why? I'm not really sure. Maybe it's because I like to play out another's life instead of my own...? Again, I'm not really sure, but I really do love these types. I love the drama that can come with them, I love the romance that can come with them. The heart break, the happiness, all of it! There are a lot of different pairings that I would like with this as well, such as:
  • *College students (whether they be freshman getting to know each other, or upperclassmen already dating or getting to know each other, either would work.)
  • *Summer love/fling type of thing
  • Unexpected pregnancy/sickness (whether a couple unexpectedly ends up pregnant or one of them finds out that they have a terminal illness. I think it would be interesting to play this out from beginning (when they first find out about the situation and then on forward.))
  • Celebrity X Regular Person or Celebrity X Celebrity (I definitely don't want the celebrity to be an actual celebrity of this time, so come up with your own or I'll make my own should I, or we both, play one. I really would like to go through the struggles of what it may be like to be in a relationship like this. You know, having to deal with the tabloids and paparazzi and everything else that comes along with it. It may turn out for the good of the two, or it may not.)
  • College Professor X College Student (preferably I'd want the college student to be at least a junior or a senior in college, and for this I'd prefer to play the student. I'd want to explore the ups and down with this relationship as well, especially seeing that any relationship pushing the bounds of just student and teacher is essentially forbidden.)
  • City Guy X Country Girl or vice versa
  • Road trip between friends (Maybe they're newly graduated high school students who, in their summer before they start college, decide to go on a road trip. Or, perhaps they are few college friends taking a trip for winter or spring break. I think it would be fun to see if they would reminisce about their past and even get into some trouble along the way with each other. And who knows, a love connection may form.)
  • *Long Distance Relationship (Maybe at the beginning of the roleplay the two would be living in the same area, however, due to some circumstance that happened (whether they had to move because of their parents, or because they were both heading to separate colleges (which I would prefer) or for any other reason) the two would end up separating, though them thinking that they could last and work things out is the reason why they tried to keep it long distance. But sometimes things like that don't work out, or sometimes they do. It would all depend on the direction the roleplay would go, but I would definitely expect for there to be some type of drama to happen with their relationship. For this roleplay I would also expect us to take on multiple characters so that the roleplay doesn't become stagnant.)
  • Single Parent X Single Parent/Person with no child
  • *Widow (whether male of female) X Widow (Whether male or female) (Maybe one of them has just lost the love of their life while the other has gone a few years without their husband/wife, or maybe they both have just lost their spouses or they both could have been dealing with their loss for years already. Regardless of what is decided, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if the two were to meet and emotions and feelings start to develop between them after some time. Would the guilt of loving another person be too much for them? Would their remembrance for what they once had make them crumble? Would they feel as if they were betraying their dead spouse, and maybe even family if they have one? Either way, I think it would be interesting to see how this would play out.)

There are a lot of other pairings I could do for this and would probably be interested in, so PLEASE let me know if you have any. These are just the ones that came to my mind at the moment. Just throw me your suggestions! Oh yeah, and I do like romance in a story, but I would much rather it develop over the course of the roleplay, rather than it just happening instantly somehow. I want there to be chemistry, and I want to play out how the characters will eventually feel about each other.

***Medieval/Medieval Fantasy:
It has been a while since I have done a medieval roleplay, however I find myself particularly craving one at the moment. I don't have any solid plots and would like it best if the two of us were able to come up with something together/create a universe or kingdom for the roleplay to take place in. Here are some pairings that I have in mind; however, for this type of roleplay I expect each of us to be able to take on multiple characters and not just your main one.
  • Princess/Queen X Prince/King
  • Knight X Princess/Queen
  • Commoner X Royalty
  • Prisoner X Royalty/Knight/Maid
This genre is not limited to these pairings. In fact, this genre can also revolve around those who are not royalty or nobility. I would also be very interested in a journey roleplay of some sorts, of the characters on some sort of quest for a particular goal.

Animal:
I don't really see this going around too much, but when I mean animal I mean we actually play out the animals. Yes, there would obviously be some type of fantasy element with this, seeing as animals can't really communicate like us humans can, so the animals will be able to 'talk' like us. If that makes any sense.
  • Wolf Pack or just Wolves in general: I don't necessarily have an idea in mind as far as plot line goes, but I would definitely be up for brainstorming this with anyone. (Regular dogs could work for this as well if you would prefer that.)

• Horses: Again as with the wolves I have no plot idea in mind, and we wouldn't have to do the cliche herd of horses or anything of the like. They could either be wild, tamed, or stable/ranch horses. Any would work.

• Marine life: I've never done this before, but I feel like this could be interesting. Maybe we could play as a pod of dolphins, or whales, or even a mixture of different creatures brought together for something. I don't know, but it's interested me a bit.

• Big cats or regular cats: Just about the same thing with the wolves and horses, though recently I have been craving something more along the lines of a Lion King sort of roleplay.

----------------

There are many more genres and topics that I'm interested in, but those listed above are the ones that came to the top of my head. If you have any suggestions for anything, definitely let me know, or even if you don't see anything on the list but may think it'll be interesting to roleplay together, let me know. You can either reply here or send me a pm (which is actually preferred since I will not be replying to this thread), and I'll get in contact with you if you want.

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it, and hope to roleplay with some of you soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyPrincess
Ahem. Medieval is definitely something I'm looking for!! :D

Ahem. Medieval is definitely something I'm looking for!! :D

Awesome! Why don't you go ahead and send me a pm so that we can discuss further?

Ohhhh, I have characters set up for Widow X Widow/Widower. I would love to work something out for that =)

Ohhhh, I have characters set up for Widow X Widow/Widower. I would love to work something out for that =)

That's great! How about you send me a PM so that we can discuss this further?

That's great! How about you send me a PM so that we can discuss this further?

Slice of Life - Celebrity x Ordinary person?

Slice of Life - Celebrity x Ordinary person?

That idea is certainly still open, so send me a PM and we can discuss the topic further!

Also, because of the influx of interest I have gotten from this thread, I am going to close this for the time being until more spots open up. Thank you everyone for the interest!