Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weekend

Original poster
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to a specific search for a hopefully long term group project of mine. The plot will be set in a world that will expand with time and that is influenced by the Final Fantasy video game franchise as well as the world-famous Dungeons and Dragons tabletop games (also known as D&D). I will be looking for a handful of players to mess around in a multi-paragraphs, episodic and diceless adventure. The first episode is already decided, and I shall show you the opening plot hook forthwith.

And so it started like this:

Our story starts with a group of adventurers being summoned by their leader, deep into the headquarters of the Lum Kingdom's Adventurer's Guild. The Guildmaster is waiting for them, face lined with worry. A quest that was attempted four years ago has grown in severity, and as the party who failed to prevent the birth of the new calamity, the adventurers are ordered to go on a dangerous quest in order to fix what went wrong nearly half a decade ago.

The would be heroes were once part of a standard adventuring party that had been given the quest to purge a local monster's lair of its inhabitants. The quest itself seemed simple enough, and the adventurers were confident in their imminent success. After all, it was but a medium sized cave, and the monster within were barely strong enough to attack nearby farmers' stocks. As such, they all prepared for a two days trip and departed from the capital towards their destination.

Once there, nothing out of the ordinary caught their eyes, and the party soon was hard at work decimating the minor monsters found therein. All was well until a strange sight was finally noticed in the chaos of battle; a small, amorphous monster had sneaked behind the party, eating monsters' corpses and gnawed on discarded vials and poultices. More amused than wary, the party dismissed the monster as a weakling, and convened to take care of it when the more aggressive monsters were disposed of and properly purified.

That was a grave error, for no sooner were their sight drawn away from the creature did it start to eat and grow in earnest; so much and so fast that by the time the cave was nearly cleared the creature had took form into a fearsome and extremely rare monster - a Glutton. Now strong enough to pose a serious threat, the Glutton forced the adventurers to flee after a long struggle and was left alone in the cave. As quickly as they could, the party warned their guild of the danger they encountered, but by the time the clean up forces arrived, the Glutton was already gone - along with all the corpses and equipment left in the former monster's lair.

Severely admonished by their leader, the adventurers parted on sour terms and never spoke or thought of each other again, save for some bitter grumbling around a cup of ale. That state of affair was not meant to last, however, for barely four years later all were summoned back before the Guildmaster.

The Glutton they let loose was a dangerous monster feeding off corpses, discarded equipment and spent magical energy in order to get stronger. As luck would have it, their negligence and time spent unmolested created a threat big enough to endanger the Kingdom of Lum.

The monster now haunted the countryside, and with the army and knights busy protecting the settlements and the capital itself, it was up to the Adventurer's Guild to take care of the Glutton. As they were held responsible, the former party was tasked with a dangerous quest; they were to find the monster's lair, infiltrate it and plant various corpses of cattle and wildlife laced with the only poison though to fell the beast into the Glutton's home.

Should they fail, this could mean the end of the Lum Kingdom.

With that read, I hope I have already a few interested parties, but before commencing recruitment I have a few specifications that may be deal breakers. Should the following not suit you or try your patience, I encourage you to look elsewhere.

The minutiae of Looking for Group:
  • The average posting length will be of at least three paragraphs, and shall be quality and content based rather than centered around fluff or feel good scenes.
  • The posting speed will be anywhere from once a week to thrice a week.
  • The average feel of the rp will tend towards lighthearted, and the pacing will be towards action rather than thoughts (though you can certainly add depth to the actions of your characters with descriptions and thoughts!
  • The group will be small, ranging from four to eight total, with four to six preferred.
  • Each player shall choose a specific class for their character (either as basic as warrior, mage, rogue and cleric or a more specialized branch such as bard or druid)
  • Involvement in the plotting and worldbuilding is vital to all participants!
So, yeah, that's about it for my sales pitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.