Searching for Literate 1x1 Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJ

Original poster
[fieldbox=", white, solid"]Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you are.

It's about that time where I scour the site looking for an RP partner or two, or three. I haven't been involved in any 1x1s for quite some time, and I have a bit of free time now that will allow me to be a decent partner, and so here we are. I am searching for a couple (or at least one) long-term partner. By long term I mean we can do one RP that lasts a year, or five that last a month each, it doesn't matter to me as long as we can communicate well enough that there is no dropping off the face of the earth if you get bored of the RP we're doing - instead, we can discuss a new plot and start something different.

That being said, I am, admittedly, and a bit ashamedly, a very picky person when it comes to my RP partners, so please carefully read the guidelines below.

Activity: Depending on how into the RP I am (which I hope is very, for anything I start here), I can push out four or five posts a day. Granted, depending on what I'm doing that day, it may be less, or it may be more, but on average, I'd wager at least one or two posts per day from me. The exception to this is weekends - while most people are less busy on the weekends, I'm typically more busy on the weekends, and so I may be able to get out a post per day, or maybe not at all (though not at all is pretty rare, you should expect at least one). If I'm going to be super busy for a couple of days, I will let you know what to expect, and I would like the same in return. I don't imagine that most people have enough free time to get out four or five posts a day, but one a day would be great, and two a day would be even perfect. Anything more than that is a bonus. However, if you think you fit everything but you can only get a post out every other day or so, I can deal with that. I will go to great lengths for a partner that I truly enjoy writing with.

Post Length: I am not a picky person when it comes to post length. Of all my requirements, this is the one with which I am most lax. On average, I expect two to three paragraphs per reply. That's very easy - less than 20 sentences... the exception to this is action or speech heavy scenes, those can be excused to be a little shorter than usual, but there's never really an excuse to go fewer than two paragraphs. Tell me how your character is feeling, what the setting is, etc., there's always enough to make a decent post. If you'd like to write more, be my guest! I can be a give-what-you-get kind of poster, but typically my responses are anywhere from three to five paragraphs, though I am capable of much, much longer responses depending on the situation.

Grammar/Punctuation: In opposition to post length being my most lax, grammar and punctuation requirements are my most strict requirements. I consider myself an advanced writer - I go over everything I write two or three times to make sure that not only is the spelling, grammar, and punctuation correct, but that the words flow easily and nothing sounds out of place. I understand that typos happen, and I'd be lying if I said that nothing ever escaped my notice in my own posts (especially when I'm replying on my phone as opposed to my PC, which is often), however, there are things that just irk me to my very soul, and mistakes like there/their/they're, to/too, you're/your, etc., are some of those things. Every now and again, okay I understand, but if it's every other sentence, or honestly even every other post, it's going to get old fast, and I will lose interest in what we're doing, sadly. I just can't help it. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=", white, solid"]Okay! Now that that's over with, let's get a little bit of an About Me out of the way! :)

The name is JJ on Iwaku - you can call me that!
I am 24 years old, female, and happily married.
I live in Texas, and am on Mountain Time.
I've been RPing for a little over 12 years.

I'm an open book, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Despite my ahem... ruthless guidelines for an RP partner, I'm a very nice person. I enjoy OOC chatter almost as much as the RP itself. If you've gotten this far, congratulations - I know I'm long winded I just don't want to waste anyone's time! My RP preferences are below!
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=", white, solid"]
A lot of these are more suggestions than requirements, but if you have any questions about it please ask before you assume!

Gender: I can play both genders equally well, and don't really have a preference, though the absence of partners that want to play male characters has quite often forced me into the role, so I usually play them more often than female characters. That being said, I would like a partner who can also do both equally comfortably, though it's not a requirement per se, just a preference. Please don't come to me with "I only play xxx gender, period," because I'm not interested. Even if your main character is always one gender, I need someone who can at least play both at some point for NPCs or side characters.

Violence/Gore: I have no limits when it comes to death, violence, blood and gore in my RPs, in fact, I very much encourage, and prefer, darker, gritty roleplays with lots of danger. I am not a fan of happy rainbows-and-sunshine, or SoL plots, so if that's your thing, I'm sorry but move on.

Romance: Honestly, I don't mind romance as a big point in a plot, as long as it's not the only thing driving the characters. The only thing I ask is that the relationship progression is realistic - I don't do instant romance. As far as kissing/hugging/PDA, it's whatever, doesn't bother me, but anything other than that will just be FTB. It's sad, because I don't mind redstar RPs (though I also don't go looking for them), but too many people just make it weird, and I'm not going to put myself in that position anymore. This may change after I've known you for a while (if it's something you're also interested in) or it may not. Depends entirely on how I feel.

Writing Style: Short and to the point, I can only RP in third person, and past tense, and I would be hard pressed to accept a partner that is not exactly the same.

Plots: I only do original plots, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I cannot get behind an RP that isn't at least mostly original. I don't do canon settings, and I absolutely do not do canon characters. Period. Point blank. My most favored genres are fantasy (both modern and medieval) and horror, though honestly anything that has a decent hook will most likely pique my interest. I expect to discuss plots fairly thoroughly before even starting the RP, so that everything is clear and well established, however, I'm also not opposed to changing things once we get into the story and decide that something else would fit better.

Characters: Please, please, for the love of god don't make Mary/Gary Sue characters. Everyone has things they are good at, but everyone also has things they are terrible at. No person is perfect, and by that logic no character is perfect, either. Relate-able flaws are what make a character feel genuine and not static. Also, I don't usually require actual character sheets, but a picture (an actual picture, not anime or drawings) and basic general information would be nice before we started. It's easier to connect to a character that has an actual face.

Phew. Okay. Well. That was a lot, and if you've made it all the way to the end, well, I commend you for your patience. If you are still interested in RPing with me even after all this BS, please, feel free to comment or PM me! I am online practically every second I am awake, though sometimes it takes me a bit to check my messages if I'm not expecting one, since I often play games/do other things while waiting for responses.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Necessary edits:
I will not RP offsite (except Discord), and I require a writing sample up front before we even discuss plots, so as not to waste anyone's time. Thanks!

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you are being too picky, to be honest. it's hard to find people who click for one on one role play. Nothing wrong with laying it all on the line in a direct manner. I'd MUCH rather know where I stand than be left to wonder what the heck happened.

That all being said, we might be able to play well together. I have nearly identical thoughts regarding RP as you've outlined here. Though I try to encourage everyone, so I do have a few RP's that don't fit these guidelines at all.

I can play both genders, and I generally have more than one NPC going in every RP, and they usually have importance to the main character or characters. You don't mention doubling, but I am not opposed to that either, and honestly, sometimes it's vital to keep a story going.

Anyway, if you want to toss ideas around, shoot me a message here or in PM.

(I'm a little verbose myself....)

Reactions: JJ
Love your in depth requirement, its not picky, its helpful ^.^ I am open to posting with someone long term however at the moment my activity is minimal. I do try to post as much as possible but my life can get chaotic a lot lately. If you are okay with it and like the example i will pm you, come chat :)

Still searching for another partner! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm normally a chatterbox I'll likely keep this brief since I'm on mobile, but anyway!

Despite any preconceived notions you may have of me with my anime profile picture and whatnot, I too have very high standards for RP that are near identical to your own.

Maybe we can chat and exchange some plot ideas? I predominantly RP as males and would love a good gritty horror RP.

Please PM me if you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.