Searching for Fancy, Regal Partners!

CaptainObvious

All Aboard!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Online Availability
All day 'er day .. jk I sleep ... I'm doing research now so I'm online a lot and check here periodically
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
WELCOME!!! to my EVEN snazzier thread!!!

Grab a drink and lets get started!
tumblr_inline_oi8z4oF5QW1s4kjob_500.gif

Long story short, I'm looking for someone to play a King/Prince, other various royal and/or courtly types of characters for some fun plots and things.

I'm pretty laidback when it comes to stuff, so the plot is pretty open/sandboxy and I'm flexible to hear my partners ideas. There's only a few conditions/requirements, so lets get that out of the way first.

BUT FIRST ... the rules
tumblr_opfvqma00v1sxlpibo6_r1_500.gif
1. I do primarily MxM, willing to do some FxM stuff too, although I'll probably also have an MxM character as well if we do a FxM plot, so be okay with some fluffy gay stuff.
2. Leading on from point one, doubling up. I like lots of interesting characters/subplots, so I'd appreciate it if you can play at least two characters (or more if you wish but no pressure!) Things tend to get a bit tedious without a supporting cast around two main characters, or a colourful lineup of personalities.
3. No one liners. I'm rather flexible with length, but I prefer big long posts and I'm guilty of writing big long'uns myself. You don't need to match my length word for word, but the more you put in, the more you get out (from my replies).
4. This is Redstar/Mature/18+, so smut can happen and probably will, so yep, be willing to write explicit scenes, there may be some fading out, but I do write detailed scenes as well.
5. This is inspired by some period dramas, but knowledge of the shows or accurate history is not required/essential, in fact, we may opt for an entirely fictitious universe rather than picking a kingdom/era from history (Tudors, Francis' brief reign, Louis XIV Versailles, etc). If perchance you watch some period/costume dramas, do tell me if you have any recommendations ;)
6. BE ACTIVE, I know we all get busy but try to post at least once every couple of days, once or twice a week even if you're super-mega-busy (if you can't write IC posts, spam me with ooc chat, it'll be fun!). If you're going on holiday or sitting an exam etc, lemme know and I'll patiently wait (and send you good wishes), but don't drop me without a word because thats horribly bad manners! If on the off chance I forget to reply to you for a couple of days, just shoot me a bump!!!
7. If you like a plot PM ME and we can start. If you have a question or suggestion, leave a comment.
8. (I'll probably used Alexander Vlahos/Philippe D'Orleans as my FC just a heads up)

Anyway, onto the plots!!!
(Plots I'm more interested in are in red, blue is also cool but I want me some red ;P )

tumblr_ojmtxltB9s1tpdcjqo6_400.gif

LET THE FUN BEGIN

Rags to Riches
versailles-S2-2.gif
MC is a particularly crafty prostitute. Somehow he finds himself indebted by the prince. Rather than give him a handsome monetary reward, the Prince secrets the prostitute away in his court for his own pleasures. But the prostitute is playing a larger, more dangerous game ...

Sun and Moon
tumblr_o04pnh8nqA1qaa0sjo2_500.gif
(Okay, loosely inspired by Louis XIV and Philippe I of France/Versailles tv series). MC is the younger brother of the reigning king/heir apparent (if their father the king is still alive). The brothers relationship has always been very fraught (there can be several brothers, oldest, middle and youngest etc). Since childhood MC has always been second best. Naturally talented, brave, charismatic and handsome ... it really galls him to have to downplay his talents and live in his brothers shadow. Naturally it leads to some pretty tense conflicts.
Lots more to go on here, political/loveless marriages/affairs.

A Brothers War
tumblr_o0g0ipjWN81ummkwio1_500.gif
The king finds himself at war with neighbouring countries. His brother (MC) is a brilliant tactician who thirsts to prove himself in battle but when he returns, victorious and full of glory, the once close (or perhaps distant) brothers find their relationship has changed before their eyes without their notice.
When the war finds its way within the walls of the castle in the form of spies, assassins and attempted murders, everything is at stake, no one is safe. (affairs and all sorts are on the cards here as well).

A Brother and a Mistress
tumblr_ny4kyuZwNL1rud800o1_r1_500.gif
MC is the younger brother of the king/prince-to-be-king (YC1), when the king orders a political marriage, MC is wed to the beautiful princess, but he's homosexual and has no desire for his bride ... the same cannot be said for his older brother who finds the princess quite fetching.
The relationship is strained by MCs jealousy/possessiveness/anger at his brother "taking" his wife, despite his lack of attraction, and his frustration at his inability to satisfy or even tolerate his wife. Attempting to placate the younger prince is his lover (YC2), what he is like, what his ambitions are etc is up to you. He's of noble birth, perhaps married himself or an illustrious business-oriented bachelor, but he and the young prince have quite a battle ahead with whispers circling at court and the explosive relationship between the brothers.

[insert obligatory Monchevy smooches]
tumblr_onj3zu1YC31sxlpibo1_400.gif

I love MonChevy (Philippe I Duc d'Orlean and Philippe Chevalier De Lorraine) they're a cute pairing, I also adore the rivalry between Philippe and Louis, so any plots involving warring brothers, arranged marriages, affairs (and the younger brother having wildly inappropriate lovers/companions which infuriates his brother) etc are up my alley. I like to play the younger/middle brother(s).

If you have suggestions or ideas, do let me know. I'm basically looking for a period drama RP focusing on a m/m relationship and/or a sibling relationship (not an incestuous pairing!!! Some of the best relationships are sibling rivalries that threaten a whole kingdom).

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!!
I changed the rules slightly, done some formatting and snazzed the place up with some MonChevy ... have I caught your attention yet or do you need another gif of the marvellous Chevalier de Lorraine to be convinced?

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

There you go. Happy? Or should I have posted one with a sassy hair flip? The wine gif is pretty sassy in its own way then again its hard to choose just ONE gif of Chevs looking fab, he slays in every scene.

Now, grab a glass and RP with me ;)
Yes I am stillllll looking

Reactions: Lostinthefog
*pokes head out* Hi... :D I LOVE Versailles! Its the best show ever.
But I don't play males unfortunately.
I have a few historical roleplays on my search thread that are set in Versailles France - if you're interested just PM me and I'll send you me search thread.
But anyways, either way - Hi. I love Versailles. Its a great show. Loved all your pictures! Hope you find someone to do your plots!