Searching Dreams

Niomi kept walking towards the light.
"It's pretty... I wonder....what's in it..." she said. When she got right in front of it she stopped and blinked a few times then looked at Rai.
"Should we check it out? I think there's someone in there. I hear something whispering my name." she told him. Her mind only focused on what's in the portal.

He had a strunned look on his face when she snapped out of it. He didn't even know this was down here, he was just trying to show her a mine. Rai was worried what was on the other end might be deadly or worse, so he wanted to say no. But as he opened his mouth he heard something whisper his name as well. Rai it called to him. His eyes turn clear as a cloud, then he turnedchis back to Niomi as he walked towards the portal.

View attachment 7814

"Rai? RAI!?" Niomi yelled. She grabs onto his hand right before he disappeared into the strange light. She fell in with him and then everything went black.

Moments later Niomi woke up from a mini coma and looked around.
"Where am I?" she whispered as she stares out at a beautiful ocean. This place seemed far too familiar to her but she couldn't put her finger on it. Then she remembered she was holding something in her hand. She looks down to see that she's still holding onto Rai who is still past out on the warm soft sand.
"Rai?" she said and shook him a bit. Trying to wake him up. "Rai?"

His ears were ringing, his body felt numb, and felt sick in the pit of his stomach. Rai could hear someone calling out to him. Rai.... Rai, it was so silent yet it echoed in his screaching ears. Slowly his opened and the scenery faded into vision.

Rai made brief groan when he awoke to the sound Nimoi, while she shook him to try and wake him. "It's ok, Nimoi. I'm fine... I think I must have hit my head." he said, looking around. In his left hand he could feel gentle sand beneath his palm and Niomi's hand in his right. "I'm sorry I've gotten us into this... place.." he muttered. "But how did we find this place... my head feels so blank.."

"I don't know either. I woke up, and we're on a beach. Hey, does this place seem familliar to you?" Niomi asked. Finally able to relax knowing the Rai was going to be ok. She laid back down in the sand and cuddled up against him. "For some reason.. I don't wanna leave his side..." she said. Her heart beat slightly raceing.

"Not that I know of..." he said, placing his hand on the center of Nimoi's back to keep her close. The place looked familiar, but it was still a miss a little. He couldn't understand how they came here through an unfortunate event, but thinking was limited. "Niomi..I'll figure this out somehow..." he thought to himself.

Niomi looked into his eyes.
"What did you figure out, Rai?" she said softly. Emotions stirring up in her for some odd reason that she can't really explain. She admires him and the beautiful glow he has in the sun set.

He looked back into her's as he witnessed the sun shine off her dark blue eyes, holding her close as he brought them to there feet.
"Her eyes... I've never seen them like this..." he thinks to himself. "I haven't found anything yet, but it's getting late. We should find our way around incase we're still in Tokyo." Rai held her hand tightly into his and waited for what her response will be.

(OOC: Ha I just noticed my failure XD I need to read things more carfully lol)

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Hey, you want me to give you a piggy back ride this time?" she said with a grin and winked at him. She giggled and licked him on the cheek. "Think of it as reaturning the favor."

The idea of her carrying him was pretty funny in his mind. He giggled almost uncontrllably at how she offered so easily and once again, he thought her actions were cute. "As much as I'd love to see that, I think I'm ok, Niomi." he said as he smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

"I can't hold it in anymore. I have to do something about this feeling before it goes away" she thought to her self. She stopped walking and pulled Rai closer to her. She stared into his eyes and moves slowly closer to him. Her lips barely brushing his. She hesitates, wondering why she feels this way but there was no time for thinking at the moment. She kisses him softly and smiled.
"I want you to promise me something Rai." she whispered.

His mind was blown sky high when she kissed him. Rai didn't know how to react, what to say, or how to say it. But for some reason, he loved it. Her touch, her kiss, the feeling he was recieving, all of it. This kiss might have been brief, but he felt so much passion and love from that one gentle kiss. He wrapped his arms around Niomi as he brushed her hair with his hand. "Anything Niomi..."

"Promise me that you'll never leave me. That you will always be there, by my side when I'm alone." Niomi said. A little hint of sadness in her throat. She's tired of feeling invisible and she doesn't want to live a life without him. She just needed him to say yes, to put her mind at ease.
Please...Rai..."

She sounded so doubtfull in her tone of voice, so sure of how she felt for him. And he loved her back, for how long he's loved her he can't tell. But he was positive that it was for a long time and was deeper than he would realize. Before Niomi could finish her sentence, Rai held her tight and pressed her into his chest. "I will, Niomi. No matter what... I will.."

Niomi hugged him tightly and didn't want to let go. Didn't want to ruin the perfect moment. But they had to find their way home before it starts getting dark. She looked up and licked him on the cheek.
"Let's go home Rai. Maybe you can stay the night." she said and smiled sweetly. Then started walking towards a stone path she spotted that also seemed familiar to her while dragging Rai along. Her heart was beating fast and she felt like flying, knowing now that she will never be alone. Her mind is finally at ease.

"Ok, Niomi." he said Grinning and walking with her hand in hand. Rai couldn't help but think of the beautiful moment that he'd never felt before. It was a moment of eternal bliss and he didn't want it to ever end. The best part was that he knew it will always be around, because as long as he had Niomi, he was never going to lose this feeling. Walking along the shore, Rai poked her on the side of her cheek and smiled. As he thought to himself "I love you, Niomi.."

Niomi turns her head towards his hand and nibbles Rai's finger. She giggled and blushed a little.
"Nom nom nom." she said jokingly.

Walking on the stone path, the trees made an arch way that was darkened by the lack of light. When the reached the end they ended up just several streets away from her home.
"Wanna race?" she asked and flashed Rai a cheesey smile that expresses something along the lines of you'll-never-beat-me.

"You're on!" he replied with a competative look. Rai got down into a readied sprinting position and prepared to run. "Lets just hope we don't have any miss-haps." he joked, sticking out his tounge. His hands were firm on the stone ground and his legs were powered for a sprint. Rai was determined to win, but he thought in the back of his mind. That he will not cross the line without her.

Niomi giggled and bent down near Rai, licked him on the cheek and whispered in his ear, "Go." then ran towards her house as fast as she could while saying, "Last one there is a rotten fish nyaa!" She was light on her feet, full of energy, but wasn't running as fast as she could because she didn't want Rai to be too far behind.

He said nothing more than a quick grunt and dashed forward after Nimoi. "You're not gonna beat me like that." he boasted as he slowly caught up to her. Nekos are famous for their speed, but he was just as quick on the draw. Just as Rai was creepy right on Niomi, he was hit by a stop sign to the face. "....ow..." he uttered as he slowly fell over.