Searching a partner for The Dino Hunt

VoodooJazz

Spirits be groovin'
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Welcome, stranger!
I speak out to those who wish to partake in the one on one roleplay thread I have created.
                                                                                                           
What this is all about.
I will be DM'ing a one on one scenario called "Hunt The Dino", it's gonna have plenty of characters and environmental areas you can interact with; there's a plot in on all of this and I can very well improvise whenever it is needed.
                                                                                         
The gist of the story is this:
The plot comes as you are suddenly put into consciousness in front of a kingly man who with a trusting glare, hands you a contract that you had apparently signed to go hunt... Something. You can play as any character for this (Il find a way to make it work out if it's highly noticeable/inconvenient) and your character has their normal memories but they do not remember the connecting cause and memory on how they got themselves into this strange predicament.
                                              
My desideratum.
The only requirements that il ask of you is this: You are at least capable of somewhat proper grammar, that you do not troll, as in just constantly responding with boring one-lined sentences like "goes to walk to store and buy a wood bow" or "walks to dino and shoots at it with bow". And lastly that you actively respond within a week's time (if you can't respond for longer, we can certainly arrange that. But I'd like it if you could warn me beforehand.)

Opportunities for partnership;
Remember, anyone is free to join, it does not matter if your character would logically want to do any sort of hunt or not. The story has an emphasis that your character does not have any idea on why they are here in the first place, you can have your character look for reasonable clues to have a better idea on what's going on, It's possible that the story can be short if your character speedruns to the finish line, but it's considered wise to prepare before rushing headlong to a fight you literally have no idea about, also, you don't need any pre-made character sheets for your character. You can come with any OC you wish to play as. :)
                                 
To our approach.
If you want to be partnered for this RP with me, then come on down and lay me down a comment or a message for me to read in my inbox, notifying me that you want to do this one on one role-play with me, all you need to do is to say your greetings, tell me a bit about yourself and the character you'll be playing as and then you are all set and ready to go!
                       
So what are ya waiting for!
And here, il say this again; everyone and anyone is welcome to join, unconfident or not; I'm here for people to have a good time, and that includes anyone of you, and me too as to see how you'll interact with the world around you!
                       
             
"Are you keen on this, Hunter?" :alienhominid:

Any questions are welcome :)
Following through this thread - - - FIRST RESPONSE - Hunt Down The Dino
     

Last edited:
As the dust of age began to slowly collect over the dino package, a spooky scary skeleton waddled his way over to the cabinet where he keeps all of his important assets

"Why, I must bring my magnificent broom of course!" The skeleton gushed ever carelessly, taking hold of a wooden handle, pulling... To reveal the feathers of a magnificent peacock... Dotting the beautiful colours in dust and grime, he thought to himself that beauty was on the inside, so matter it did not that it now lives as a tool, garnished in its grey shell, for what once belonged to a bird; no longer.

The skeleton held his chin up high, tipped his top hat over so his eyelids could see better. Opening the box which contained a package, dust having collected over the years; with his imaginary lungs, he gives a drawn-out sigh, only for him to inhale a big portion of air, readying as he gave a proper blow on it, some of the dust now floating up into the air, some entering the inside of his nasal cavity, enticing him to sneeze
"Ahh... Ah..." He scrunches up the bone structure of his silly face and sneezed, causing an even bigger puff of thick smoke to collect itself in the air before forming into what seemed to be a... A genie?
"Oooh boy, ooh boy! I don't know what's happening, But I like it!" bubbled the skeleton over what was happening before his fantastic eyes
The dust collects itself into what seemed to be a humanoid form, pausing as he began to bellow in a powerful voice
"Thee who hath awakened the goddess of dust bunnies, mortal..." Pausing seemingly, as it's head turned, the face of swirling smoke now facing toward the skeleton, it's glowing eyes gleaming at the strange bone being, only to reactively tilt it's head, before giving a look of acknowledgement at the particularity of this one's visit
"... unmortal. You may be granted two wishes, choose wisely." declared the dust genie in a firm tone, awaiting the bone man's choice
"Two is my favourite number! Hee hee. Okay, my first wish is that the Dino Hunt thread lockout timer to be reset for next month, you know, the one in Iwakuroleplay?" the skeleton beamed with glee, the expression on the dust genie seems taken aback, showing that of confusion, but also interest, nodding before a loud swoosh sound clicks at the nearest computer, he saw his own comment placed in the "Searching a partner for the dino hunt" thread that described the first 5 minutes of his life, the skeleton gave an approving nod for having boldly broken the 4th wall
The dust begins twisting and circling around, the familiar voice boomed out one more
"It is done. Now, what shall your final wish be?" the skeleton raised a finger and placed it under his chin, thinking long and hard with his mind, not before long a lightbulb appeared out of thin air, right above the skeleton's skull, raising his finger up, showing an expression of glee over his final conclusion, using his magical cheekbones, his mouth opens and begins to speak his structurally formulated sentences, using his fictional vocal cords to his advantage, coming out a voice that seemed almost childlike
"I wish... For you... To be free!" there was a long pause before the dust genie looks away, in shock of what the skeleton just wished for. He looks ahead, still seeing the skeleton who does not seem to want to go back from his word, he glow in his eyes seem to fade, doing his best to give a nod to o' sir bones, raising his voice to a final crow
"Then free... I Shall be. Goodbye." A hint of prolonged dumbfoundedness in it's voice as the form began to fade, the dust slowly dissipating, an impossible wind catching its particles before flowing out of an opened window, flying over to the sunrise, the skeleton could have sworn he saw the genie's animated smile after heeded his final wish.
The skeleton stretches his back, cracking what seemed to be most certainly his real bones... Minus the theoretical muscles he used thus far to be able to even leverage himself around, after watching the dust's freedom to the end, he realizes it was only morning right now
"It is time; for the ritual of the rising sun... Cereal! The milk shall make my bones happy bones, Neh heh!" The skeleton cheers as he fortnite dances his way to the kitchen, the camera pans into the now exquisite and shiny box, the dino package. The box seems to shake a little, the muffled sounds of ferocious roaring in the inside, before the lid of the package seems to pop up a little, the rumbling intensifies as it reveals the terrible beast of destruction and terror, the frizzled sounds of desperate clawing and chomping being heard as the form reveals itself, it's vicious orange eyes coming into view as the lid strains over the wrapping, it's teeth snarling before it gave one final push...

Meanwhile, you are witness to all of this happening as you now see that the skele-man has made the biggest mistake that he'll forever be shunned for; putting the milk before the cereal. what a serial killer.

Don't be afraid to come over and play little fleshlings... Better believe that I know a thing or two about dungeon masterneering alright! :skull::joystick:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Peregrine