Scrap.INC [Cyberpunk, Sci-Fi, Interplanetary]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hellis

Original poster
OPEN SIGNUPS - Scrap.INC (cyberpunk)

Having watched entirely to much Cowboy Bebop, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell and read to much cyberpunk as of late. I give you Scrap.Inc. A RP about men and women who work shitty hours trying to hunt down the most dangerous of Androids, Robots and Cyborgs. Working as private contractors that often skirt the border of what is legal or not, the Scrap.Inc are the last people you turn to. When Scrap.Inc is called, the fan not only got pelted with crap, it has managed to catch on fire.

t7DeTlg.png
You walk into a dingy office, the air is thick with the red dust of Mars. The light filters trough several shoddy airfilters, throwing spots across a iron desk where a small plaque say: "Scrap.Inc: Trouble shooters." A man with a robotic eye grin at you over the desk, a handgun visible to his left. Behind him hang old posters of scratched out bounties, like this was the wild west or something. You try not to stare at the Android head mounted on the wall, it does not spare you the same decency. It opens its mouth and talks.
"Welcome to Scrap.Inc, you 'ere for 'he job?"
The grinning man raises a eyebrow. "You better not be afraid of a little blood on your hands..."

-----Welcome to Scrap.Inc------

Mankind took the leap.

Bravely forward, we went towards the singularity. Skin were traded for special polymercarbons, eyes were switched with high definition, super advanced feedback lenses. Bone became light but durable titantium alloys. We traded humanity for the power to lift a car. Traded our soul for the ability to run as fast as a car. And why did we do it? Becouse we wanted to kill one another. First, Earths nations warred, pushing technology ever forward. Then, Mars, colonize and selfsuffecient, wanted to shed its chains to a planet to busy consuming itself.

So Earth united against them. With superior numbers, with superior logistics base, it should have been a done deal. But Mars had prepared. They had pushed forward in secret. Where Earth sent cruisers filled with state of the art equipped troops and veteran crews to fly them. Mars sent The Cybernetic Army Core and Thousands of state of the art Androids loaded onto Super AI driven ships.

The C.A.C were machine and flesh gods. Men and women capable of tearing into the hull of a tank, able outrun a humvee. And those were just field units. The infiltrators could show up a station or a base, looking like any other, only to produce gaswepons stored withing secret compartments. And the AI's that flew the Martian ships were capable of making maneuvers and split second changes no human could match. The war quickly swung in Mars favor.

But the forces of earth began to adapt, finding new to hold on to the fight. They employed exosuits armed special disruption rounds that could cause vital cybernetic enhancements down and aquired their Own AI driven destroyers.

What ended the war however, was the ADAM incident. A.D.A.M was the Martian super intelligence that served as the blueprint for all Android and Cyborg intelligences. One day, Adam went insane. The Super Intelligence suddenly became downright genocidal, and turned the Martial Fleet on all things living. It also managed to upload itself into the Earth Armadas central command, spreading its madness to the other side. The outcome was catostrophic: Both side found themselves fighting pitched battles against their own ships and robotic troops. In the end, humanity prevailed.

In the aftermath, both sides signed a peace treaty, granting Mars independance if they agreed to not push out earth Interests in their entirety. The Mars Government agreed, albeit hesitantly. Both sides agreed on an new convention in regards to AI and Cybernetics. No Super AI or so called Progressive AI's can be allowed with the exception of two specific environments. Singularity City and Chicago. The two cities, one on earth, one on Mars, would act as the worlds biggest lab environment for the understand of advanced AI and to develop new, less risky ways of implementing cyber-tech.

It is in one of these Cities our story starts. In Singularity City.

"Post-War, The Great Cyborg purge"

The with a a world full of men and women enhanced to the eyeballs with state of the art tech, is that you found yourself with returning veterans, many who's connection to the machines have made them insane. Others found themselves ostricized for being more Machine then man. In fact, after the war, it became illegal to modify oneself above 20 percent of your original body unless special permits were produced. Androids were demonized and any android that tries to exit their designated zones are dismantled on the spot.

Many old cyborgs went underground and dissappeared. Many others turned to crime and violence. And the criminal elements found themselves with an entirely new black market; Cybernetic Body Modification.

This is where Scrap.Inc comes in. A dingy little firm among many others, they hunt Pre-War androids, cyborgs and those that break and make new ones. Situated in Singularity city, they take any job that come their way really. They are known to be good, but they aren't exactly well liked and their rep is anything but pretty. Consisting mainly of men and women who are considerably modded themselves, some see them as traitors.

These are are your peers. Welcome onboard Scrapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Present and accounted for.

Reactions: Hellis
Ready for boot up.

I am here too

Hey~hey^^!!

Oooohh... this looks really reeeeally cools!! k but so like i do like blade runner but its mostly because the story was sooooo strong amd i didnt have to understand allllll that tech stuffs. Well most of it.

Soooooo just how techy is this RP? like do i need to buy techy 101 tech iwakuniversity textbooks or like are you willing to help explain sci~fi concepts to me?

Thanks ya^^!!

Hey~hey^^!!

Oooohh... this looks really reeeeally cools!! k but so like i do like blade runner but its mostly because the story was sooooo strong amd i didnt have to understand allllll that tech stuffs. Well most of it.

Soooooo just how techy is this RP? like do i need to buy techy 101 tech iwakuniversity textbooks or like are you willing to help explain sci~fi concepts to me?

Thanks ya^^!!
Its not gonna be a "You gotta have all the the research of robotics to understand" rp. The OOC will be more detailed and explain quite a few things in regards to what consititutes what etc.

Its not gonna be a "You gotta have all the the research of robotics to understand" rp. The OOC will be more detailed and explain quite a few things in regards to what consititutes what etc.
Awesomes^^!!

K will wait for ooc then!

Well, this definitely has my interest. I was bummed when I saw I missed signups for your magitech adventure, so I'm definitely not missing this one.

I'm definitely interested. I'm all about that grungy sci-fi space western vibe.

You have my interest...

tumblr_mucy29Nkfz1skzmgno1_500.gif

I like tried to help myself, but I physically couldn't.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Sir Salty
*Rolls through the door in a heavily-burnt trenchcoat* WHAT'S UP CHUMMER, DID YOU SAY SOMETHIGN ABOUT CYBERPUNK

I am def interested :3

It's been a while since I saw something that piqued my curiosity. Count me in!

Possible interest.

This reminds me of the manga No Guns Life. I enjoy reading that manga. Count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.