4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them

• [fieldbox="Operation Harbringer"]

The Classification of all information inside this document has been revoked as a result of the final order of the O-5 council.

Briefing Alpha-Sigma-Thaumiel-240

Date:
    8/1/2025

Time: 8:25 a.m.

Briefing: On 7/20/2025 at approximately 8:00 a.m. an event that is hereby being classified as Event Alpha-Zeta-Sigma caused the simultaneous manifestation of an estimated two billion previously undocumented Keter Class SCP instances (Hereby classified as SCP-9999) world wide. These instances promptly destroyed foundation sites within the area of manifestation by overwhelming their defenses. They proceeded to release an unknown number of previously contained SCP instances. This event has evolved into an XK-Class End of the World Scenario, and resulted in an Unveiling Event, and is now designated Event Signature. Members of Site 999 in charge of executing Protocol Rapture in the event of an XK-Class End of the World have been eliminated by SCP-9999 instances. Foundation casualties world wide are estimated to be 98%, the O-5 Council has been wiped out, and other Groups of Interest have been wiped out. Civilian casualties world wide are an estimated 80%. Only an estimated 5% of Humanity survived event Signature. Remaining Foundation Researchers have theorized that only the activation of Protocol Rapture will be capable of preventing the total destruction of the human race. Unless this protocol is executed, the total destruction of the human race will occur in a year. All remaining foundation personnel have hereby been assigned to Mobile Task Force Epsilon-15 ("Last Hope") and are tasked with completing the attached objectives.

Objectives:
    -Objective Alpha- Rally all remaining Site 142 personnel
    -Objective Bravo- Reach Site 999 and execute Protocol Rapture
    -Objective Charlie- After executing Protocol Rapture, defend site 999 against any hostile attempts to shut down Protocol Rapture. It is theorized that upon execution of Protocol Rapture, all SCP-9999 entities will converge and attempt to destroy Site 999 and reverse the execution of Protocol Rapture.

Restrictions: None. Emergency Level 5 Security clearance has been granted to all remaining members of the Foundation to facilitate the execution of protocol Rapture.
    [/fieldbox]

What is this RP?
    This is an RP based around a fictional scenario in the SCP Foundation universe (For those of you unfamiliar, please see this link here SCP Foundation - Wikipedia) (A short synopsis is simply that SCP objects are things that exist outside the laws of nature, and the SCP Foundation is built to hide and contain these anomalies, see SCP-wiki.net, I would highly encourage any not familiar with the universe to look at those articles) . This RP follows a timeline in which all SCP objects exist, but none of them have caused an End of the World event. In this RP, you, as a player, will be responsible for finding and executing an event called Rapture, an event meant to reverse an apocalypse caused by a new SCP object designated SCP-9999. This is an interest check to see who would be interested in joining. You will take on the roles of the various researchers, security team members, D-Class, and other staff of site 142, the only site on the planet that successfully fended off a large scale attack from the SCP-999 instances, though at a large cost to those inside. As the second wave of the instances prepares to assault the facility, your characters will have to escape and survive the world that has been ravaged by the instances, and execute their goal.
    For those interested I will make a discord server that you may join to discuss various matters.

[fieldbox="Last Message from the O-5 Council"]
    Priority Message from O-5-1, accompanying the documentation for Operation Harbringer

Fellow members of the foundation, I will be frank. We have failed.
    Throughout time our goal has been to secure anomalies, contain them, and protect the human race. We have served this purpose for a long time now, developing sophisticated methods for dealing with anomalies in ways that ensure the innocent masses remain ignorant of the danger that looms over them as they sleep. However, in this instance, their ignorance was our downfall. We assumed that by keeping people ignorant they would remain safe, however not telling them of these anomalies has meant that they could not respond to the dangers that this new threat presented.

The creature known to us as SCP-9999 has utterly destroyed civilization as we know it, and those humans left alive in the wake of Event Signature are being hunted down by SCP-9999 instances. Our mission has failed, but it is not yet at an end. Who or what sent these creatures here are unknown, but one thing is certain.

You are the last hope of the foundation, the last hope of humanity.
    You must accomplish the objectives sent in this document, the very survival of the human race depends on it. For the sake of all humanity, reach Site 999, execute Protocol Rapture, and save what is left of humanity.
    God Help us all.

O-5-1

Secure, Contain, Protect.
    [/fieldbox]

• [fieldbox="SCP-9999 Documentation"]

While no formal documentation regarding SCP-9999 exists, several descriptions have been created by members of the foundation. SCP-9999 is described as a stocky 9'0 tall white, bipedal humanoid without hair, and capable of turning invisible in natural light. They possess four arms (two attached to their shoulders and two extending from their back) ending in razor sharp claws and possess serated teeth capable of shredding and puncturing body armor easily. They are extremely hostile and will attempt to kill and consume any human within their vicinity. They have an extraordinarily sensitive sense of smell, the subjects are devoid of eyes, and thus blind, but they are capable of echolocation. Given their propensity to turn invisible in the face of natural light, instances of SCP-9999 are Diurnal, sleeping during the day and hunting in the evening. They are fast, able to cross a hundred yard distances in the space of ten seconds. Instances of SCP-9999 have shown to have extreme resistances to all forms of physical damage, capable of only being killed with projectile weapons using calibers in excess of 12.7mm. Energy weapons and thaumatergic weaponry have proven effective, though given the limited number in use among the foundation, aquiring such weapons is difficult. Melee weaponry is almost completely ineffective in damaging SCP-9999 instances, except in cases where the weapon used to inflict the damage is made with bronze. When attacking an SCP-9999 instance with projectile and melee weaponry, efforts must be made to target the head of SCP-9999, as the only way to completely neutralize an instance is with a clean headshot or by seperating the head from the body. SCP-9999 entities prefer to hunt in large packs of 30-40 individuals, targeting both humans and wild life, with a preference for humans. Observations show that SCP-9999 packs will battle each other for dominance, so it is unknown at this time how SCP-9999 packs were capable of working together so efficiently during the first weeks of Event Signature.
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Protocol Rapture"]

Phase one of Protocol Rapture involves the use of Thaumiel Class SCP objects stored within Site 999 to transport any humans left on the planet to a single, protected location that is invulnerable to attack from Thaumatergic attacks on the planet, hereby known as "The Genesis Ark". Then, a series of embedded thaumatergic explosives all over the suface of the planet will be activated, effectively wiping out any life on the planet, including SCP-9999 instances. Omega Warheads underneath every foundation facility save for Site 999 will simultaneously be deployed, ensuring that no SCP entities escape destruction. Once Protocol Rapture has ended and a period of no less then 120 days have passed, survey teams will be deployed to make sure the planet is safe for habitation, then Phase two of Protocol Rapture will begin.
    Phase two involves the repopulation of the planet utilizing plants, animals, bacteria, and survivors stored inside the Genesis Ark. It is believed that the use of such methods will mean the reconstruction of the wasteland we will return to. Given the nature of the Rapture protocol, it is a given that the number of humans will be limited, thus a breeding program will have to be instituted to ensure that the human race survives.
    [/fieldbox]

That premise is freaking cool as get out. I can't commit to another RP atm, but best of luck to you.

And I pity the poor saps who end up coming across SCP-682.

• Love
Reactions: conman2163
I appreciate the encouragement! If you ever get a free spot, you're welcome to join.

Reactions: Red Thunder
@conman2163, I could manage a 1x1 with once a week posts, if this RP doesn't garner interest but you still wanna do it. Just an FYI.

I think that might be good too

I am 100% interested in participating in such a captivating plot! I'm actually, genuinely, obsessed with SCP and constantly browse the SCP Wiki or watch related material on Youtube. Definitely sign me up for this one!

Ooooh this seems fun. I'd think I'd enjoy this a lot. I love the SCP games so this fits right up my alley

Well that's two (and hopefully from my talks with Red thunder, also three) I'll let the interest check run a little while longer before I set up the OOC, though I will create a discord chat for those here already. The link to the chat will be sent over pm's to those who express interest.

I would love to join this rp! Although I'll need help on making a character on it and I haven't roleplayed in a while so I'll need a bit of reminding.

Reactions: conman2163
I used to be a member of the SCP website back in the day. Consider me intrigued.